Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 67891011 LastLast

Thread: Government reclassifies cannabis as class B

Banned
    Thanks

Re: Government reclassifies cannabis as class B

Quote Originally Posted by format View Post
    I don't really smoke regularly anymore, if its offered to me at a party sure but I never buy anymore, and I think it'd be amazing to have it legalised.
    Besides, the people who know about weed are the ones with experience, surely they should be listened to here!
    The ones with the experience usually end up on a harder drug in the end, same as inexperienced druggies like Stewart. People like him who mouth off like little kids saying it is great to use the stuff 'man' etc are really so messed up that it has addled their little brains.

Why is it an illegal drug? The only people who rant on about how it should be classed lower or made legal are the smack heads who use the stuff!!

I am dead against any of the drugs as i have seen, first hand, what it can do to people, their families, kids and society. Todays little pleasurable puff more often than not, ends up as tomorrows tragic news in some way or another.

Stewart is so cocky about the drug etc because he is a 'user' and it has messed with his head. I feel sorry for the kid really. I don't think it is right for him to come onto a public forum which is used by all ages, especially youngsters, and telling everyone that it is ok to use cannabis. It is an illegal drug and one that causes many problems in society. No problem in talking about the issues but i think it is wrong to condone the drug and say it is great / ok to use it as it is so cool to do!! This gives youngsters the wrong impression and its ok for some to step in and say that you can find anything you want on the net relating to drugs but i don't think that the good name of Hexus and these forums should be used to condone the taking of an illegal substance.

2. Received thanks from:

Blitzen (08-05-2008)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Koolpc View Post
    The ones with the experience usually end up on a harder drug in the end, same as inexperienced druggies like Stewart. People like him who mouth off like little kids saying it is great to use the stuff 'man' etc are really so messed up that it has addled their little brains.
    Its a shame this "inexperienced druggie" and "messed up" person has utterly destroyed any point you have put forward. You're the one that's yacking like a "little kid" (to use your words here), repeating stuff over that makes no sense is not going to do you any further favours is it?
    Quote Originally Posted by Saracen View Post
    And by trying to force me to like small pants, they've alienated me.

4. Received thanks from:

MadduckUK (09-05-2008),Rosaline (09-05-2008),steve threlfall (09-05-2008)

Thanks
    • Spud1's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Gigabyte Aorus Master
      • CPU:
      • Memory:
      • 16GB GSkill Trident Z
      • Storage:
      • Lots.
      • Graphics card(s):
      • RTX3090
      • PSU:
      • 750w
      • Case:
      • BeQuiet Dark Base Pro rev.2
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10
      • Monitor(s):
      • Asus PG35VQ
      • Internet:
      • 910/100mb Fibre

The ones with the experience usually end up on a harder drug in the end <snip!>
    Evidence please? Sure that is the myth that is put about by hypocritical anti recreational drug activists (I say hypocritical as its a sure bet that lots of them drink alcohol), but i'd love to see some hard evidence backing that up. Would also be very interesting to see the social background of those that did and did not go on to hard drugs, as thats a very important factor.

edit: You are having a go at people who (supposedly) are saying that cannabis is OK to use, because it "gives youngsters the wrong impression". Why are you not having a go at all the people posting about how great alcohol is, and how they are so drunk when posting (there are a few recent threads in GD that fall into this group)? Alcohol is a much more dangerous drug no matter how you look at it, and much more readily available to people of any age.

Banned
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Agent View Post
    Its a shame this "inexperienced druggie" and "messed up" person has utterly destroyed any point you have put forward. You're the one that's yacking like a "little kid" (to use your words here), repeating stuff over that makes no sense is not going to do you any further favours is it?

But it is true. Have you read the rubbish he has been spouting about how cool it is to use cannabis? Maybe i have repeated 'stuff' as you put it, only because people keep on saying it is ok to use the illegal drug! Do you condone the use of the illegal substance Agent?

As for my remarks not doing me any further favours then i am not here to win brownie points. I am just so annoyed that people can get away with saying that an illegal drug is ok to use on a forum that is read by many youngsters etc.

I feel strongly in my views because i have seen lots of instances where the drug has caused so much heartache. If someone wants to use the stuff then that is up to them, i just don't like people who have not had any experience with the problems that these drugs can cause coming on here telling people it is ok or great to use the stuff!

Anyway, i have had my 'rant'
    Last edited by Koolpc; 08-05-2008 at 11:05 PM.

7. Received thanks from:

Blitzen (08-05-2008)

Thanks

Have you read the rubbish he has been spouting about how cool it is to use cannabis?
    This is a prime example of why people are taking the mickey out of you mate.
    Quote where Stuart has said it is cool to use cannabis. Go on, link the post please.

I'll save you some time - He hasn't. He has said he is a user and stated his experiences.

It's just a shame you can't read what he has actually said but dismiss it has "rubbish". He makes some excellent points.

Do you condone the use of the illegal substance Agent?
    Depends what you mean by condone.

Do I condone people talking about it on HEXUS? It doesn't really bother me.
    People talking about drugs in a civalised way is far better than just brushing it under the carpet and ignoring it, no?

Do I condone people taking drugs at all? I honestly don't care.
    The "war on drugs" is a joke. A war implies it can be won. Anyone who thinks you can stop people growing a plant that will happily live in their back garden, windowsill, or greenhouse and has been used since before civilisation as we know it is delusional.

Oh, and if you hadn't guessed it - I'm pro legalisation, but no doubt this is where you and Blitzen will assume I have taken drugs to fall into this category. Random drug testing is written into my work contract, and I can assure you I have never ever taken an illegal drug in my life. I've not even tried a ciggy - Alcohol and caffeine is as 'hard' as I've taken.

I am just so annoyed that people can get away with saying that an illegal drug is ok to use on a forum that is read by many youngsters etc.

I feel strongly in my views because i have seen lots of instances where the drug has caused so much heartache. If someone wants to use the stuff then that is up to them, i just don't like people who have not had any experience with the problems that these drugs can cause coming on here telling people it is ok or great to use the stuff!

So you just want to them to hear one side of the story then and not present them with differing opinions on a subject, perhaps in some cases backed by scientific evidence?

You do know what happens when you tell kid's not to do something, don't you?

Drugs cause plenty of heartake, I dont think anyone would claim otherwise.
    I have a family member sadly who I was very close to that I have "lost" to drugs (lost as in she is just messed up, not passed away). There isn't a day that goes by where I don't wish I could go back and save her from the life of trying to figure out where the money for her next fix is coming from.
    I miss the person that I had so many happy hours with as a kid dearly. But at the same time, for every person that is like her, how many do you think are in a bad state due to legal use of alcohol?
    People will abuse drugs irrelevant of if they are legal or not.

The really sad thing about a lot of drugs is that when you see people in hospital due to a 'bad turn' on drugs, a lot of the time its because of the drugs being of a non-pure / corrupted source.

Lets take Ecstasy for example - If you gave people access to this drug, legally, and of a clean source, what do you think the chances of dying from it are?

The UK figures suggest seven ecstasy-related deaths per million users. This compares to 625 alcohol-related deaths per million drinkers. In fact, more people in the UK die from choking on peanuts than from taking ecstasy

Ecstasy - FAQ - The Good Drugs Guide
    And that's a non-addictive class A drug on the club scene (so purity is unknown).

Do you think that's a good way to spend your tax money? Fighting the "war" against people who want to drop a pill at a weekend?

Educate. Legalise a lot of drugs. Educate. Tax the drugs. Educate. Have places available that are funded by the taxes to help people who become dependant. Educate.
    In my mind, its the only way forward.
    Quote Originally Posted by Saracen View Post
    And by trying to force me to like small pants, they've alienated me.

9. Received thanks from:

beanbandit (09-05-2008),format (09-05-2008),G4Z (09-05-2008),Koolpc (09-05-2008),Lee H (09-05-2008),mmh (09-05-2008),nichomach (09-05-2008),Rosaline (09-05-2008),Spud1 (09-05-2008)

mmh
    Thanks

Agent, The, Nail, Head, Hit, The, On.
    : RFNX Ste | : stegough | www.stegough.com

Thanks
    • Knoxville's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Intel X58
      • CPU:
      • Intel i7 920
      • Memory:
      • 2GB DDR3
      • Storage:
      • 1TB
      • Graphics card(s):
      • ATi HD3450
      • PSU:
      • Generic
      • Case:
      • Cheap and nasty
      • Operating System:
      • Vista 64
      • Monitor(s):
      • 24" LG LCD
      • Internet:
      • Virgin Media 20mb

It strikes me having read through this thread that the few people in here not forming reasonable well rounded arguments and discussing them in a mature fashion are the drug free pillars of the community this society obviously needs what with cannabis users stalking the streets at night mugging, stealing and whoring their children for a fix....this is strange.

Stranger still, in amongst all the car thievery and pillaging some of these "druggies" seem to have found the time to not only form opinions based on life experience and facts, but to voice them in a public forum in a manner that makes the previously mentioned "drug free pillars of the community" look ever so slightly foolish.

Fridays are always weird...

Banned
    Thanks

Great thread.

KoolPC, you make no sense at all, and if it wasn't for the fact that you keep humiliating yourself everytime you post, I might start taking these constant insults to heart. And that would make me a sad bunny.

Its a shame this "inexperienced druggie" and "messed up" person has utterly destroyed any point you have put forward.
    I wouldn't go as far as utterly destroyed, after all, if KoolPC wasn't making sense, why does Blitzen keep thanking him everytime he posts?

Stranger still, in amongst all the car thievery and pillaging some of these "druggies" seem to have found the time to not only form opinions based on life experience and facts, but to voice them in a public forum in a manner that makes the previously mentioned "drug free pillars of the community" look ever so slightly foolish.
    Awww, shucks, you guys. I duned my best wiv me drug addled brain innit.

Anyway, its 6am, I better get off the PC and get busy, those big bags of drugs wont push themselves, and if I don't get to the dark alley next to the school by half past there will be no space left, and I'll have to stand on the slippery slope again.

Keep fighting the good fight peeps!
    Last edited by Stewart; 09-05-2008 at 06:07 AM.

Banned
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Stewart View Post
    Great thread.

KoolPC, you make no sense at all, and if it wasn't for the fact that you keep humiliating yourself everytime you post, I might start taking these constant insults to heart. And that would make me a sad bunny.

I wouldn't go as far as utterly destroyed, after all, if KoolPC wasn't making sense, why does Blitzen keep thanking him everytime he posts?

Awww, shucks, you guys. I duned my best wiv me drug addled brain innit.

Anyway, its 6am, I better get off the PC and get busy, those big bags of drugs wont push themselves, and if I don't get to the dark alley next to the school by half past there will be no space left, and I'll have to stand on the slippery slope again.
    Keep fighting the good fight peeps!
    You don't half make some childish comments mate. Why have you got to write those stupid remarks? Gee, so sad.

TiG
    Walk a mile in other peoples shoes...
    Thanks

Koolpc, can't you see they are being made to deliberately prevoke a response. He's writing them to make you respond. I'm fairly certain that you have an image of Stewart as some drugged up loony, you forget that not everyone acts as themselves on an internet forum where they have completely anonimity.

I bet if you met Stewart in real life you wouldn't be able to tell that he smoked from time to time.

TiG
    -- Hexus Meets Rock! --

Thanks
    • Zadock's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus Z77
      • CPU:
      • Intel Core i5 3570K
      • Memory:
      • Corsair Corsair Vengeance 8Gb (1600Mhz)
      • Storage:
      • Samsung 500GB HD501LJ Spinpoint T, SATA300, 7200 rpm
      • Graphics card(s):
      • XFX HD6950 2GB
      • PSU:
      • Corsair 520W HX Series Modular Powersupply
      • Case:
      • Antec Nine Hundred
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 7 64 HP
      • Monitor(s):
      • Samsung 27" LED
      • Internet:
      • BT

But it is true. Have you read the rubbish he has been spouting about how cool it is to use cannabis? Maybe i have repeated 'stuff' as you put it, only because people keep on saying it is ok to use the illegal drug! Do you condone the use of the illegal substance Agent?

As for my remarks not doing me any further favours then i am not here to win brownie points. I am just so annoyed that people can get away with saying that an illegal drug is ok to use on a forum that is read by many youngsters etc.

Can I ask you Koolpc, what is your opinion on alcohol? which argueably causes far more damage in society than other drugs such as cannabis...

If alcohol were illegal would your views on it be the same as your views on cannabis?

Also where you say that cannabis leads to hard drugs I would have to disagree, I would say it more accurate to say that its an intermediate. I would argue that people who are going to move onto hard drugs will have generally started with smoking cigarettes and drinking before they hit the cannabis. People who are prone to becoming addicted to drugs and using harder drugs usually do because of emotional problems, or because of the culture of which they are a part or because of genetics.

Banned
    Thanks

You don't half make some childish comments mate. Why have you got to write those stupid remarks? Gee, so sad.
    Instead of replying to me, while ignoring all the other people questioning and ridiculing you, why don't you reply to them?

Agent, Knox, Roseline, G4Z, Nicho and many more have tried and you ignore them.

Try replying to these, all these comments were posted by people other than me, aimed at you.

It strikes me having read through this thread that the few people in here not forming reasonable well rounded arguments and discussing them in a mature fashion are the drug free pillars of the community
    Quote where Stuart has said it is cool to use cannabis. Go on, link the post please.
    Well, I'd say it definitely was "clearly written", which would rather militate against any assumption of composition under the influence of intoxicants. Whereas your rants, Koolpc, appear to be becoming increasingly less reality-adjacent and more incoherent. Your hallucination that Stewart ever said that it was great to take drugs, for instance, being a good example . Seriously, whatever it is, you need to cut down on it...

17. Received thanks from:

Zadock (09-05-2008)

Banned
    Thanks

The only 'mickey taking' as you put it is by the drug users who have to try and come up with a good reason why they need to take drugs.

Quote where Stuart has said it is cool to use cannabis. Go on, link the post please. I'll save you some time - He hasn't. He has said he is a user and stated his experiences.
    Maybe not word for word as you put it but you can read what he is stating in his post. Doesnt take a professor to see that.

It's just a shame you can't read what he has actually said but dismiss it has "rubbish". He makes some excellent points.
    Can't see any of the points he has made as excellent. How can you when you are condoning drug use? If you read his posts, a lot of it is sarcasm.

Depends what you mean by condone.
    Do I condone people talking about it on HEXUS? It doesn't really bother me.
    People talking about drugs in a civalised way is far better than just brushing it under the carpet and ignoring it, no?
    I never said it was wrong to talk about it. I said it was wrong to make it look like it was ok to use these illegal drugs on a forum that is read by a lot of young people.

Do I condone people taking drugs at all? I honestly don't care.
    The "war on drugs" is a joke. A war implies it can be won. Anyone who thinks you can stop people growing a plant that will happily live in their back garden, windowsill, or greenhouse and has been used since before civilisation as we know it is delusional.
    Well, i do care about how the young people in our society are made to believe that drug taking is ok to do and 'normal'. I care that they come on here and get the wrong impression from their peers. I care as i want our young people to be educated about the harmful effects of drug taking and how it can escalate into more serious problems.

Oh, and if you hadn't guessed it - I'm pro legalisation, but no doubt this is where you and Blitzen will assume I have taken drugs to fall into this category. Random drug testing is written into my work contract, and I can assure you I have never ever taken an illegal drug in my life. I've not even tried a ciggy - Alcohol and caffeine is as 'hard' as I've taken.
    That is your choice mate. We all have our own views. A view is not the same as condoning the use of illegal drug taking.

So you just want to them to hear one side of the story then and not present them with differing opinions on a subject, perhaps in some cases backed by scientific evidence?You do know what happens when you tell kid's not to do something, don't you?
    If you have read my posts i have stated that talking about drugs is not the same as condoning the use of them. It is one thing to talk about the aspects of drugs etc but another to come on here and say that drug taking is ok to do and causes no problems. Not everyone is the same and one person may experiment only to go on and get into harder drugs because some guy on here says it is ok to take them!! Kids are always impressed by what they see on the TV, mags, internet etc. They are easily swayed by their peers. It is up to us to try and point them in the right direction by good education but not by condoning the use of illegal substances.

Drugs cause plenty of heartake, I dont think anyone would claim otherwise.
    I have a family member sadly who I was very close to that I have "lost" to drugs (lost as in she is just messed up, not passed away). There isn't a day that goes by where I don't wish I could go back and save her from the life of trying to figure out where the money for her next fix is coming from.
    I miss the person that I had so many happy hours with as a kid dearly. But at the same time, for every person that is like her, how many do you think are in a bad state due to legal use of alcohol?
    People will abuse drugs irrelevant of if they are legal or not.

The really sad thing about a lot of drugs is that when you see people in hospital due to a 'bad turn' on drugs, a lot of the time its because of the drugs being of a non-pure / corrupted source.
    Lets take Ecstasy for example - If you gave people access to this drug, legally, and of a clean source, what do you think the chances of dying from it are?And that's a non-addictive class A drug on the club scene (so purity is unknown).
    I am sorry about your family member mate. I know what you have gone through. Education is important when it comes to alcohol and drug use etc. The problem with drug use is that it can escalate rather quickly in really big problems, faster than drink related problems. I have seen both, alcohol abuse and drug abuse and drug abuse is by far the worst of the two. Especially in terms of how fast it can cause heartache and life threatening problems.

Do you think that's a good way to spend your tax money? Fighting the "war" against people who want to drop a pill at a weekend?

Educate. Legalise a lot of drugs. Educate. Tax the drugs. Educate. Have places available that are funded by the taxes to help people who become dependant. Educate.
    In my mind, its the only way forward.
    Educate, yes, legalise, no. etc. Root out the pushers who are destroying our society. Look how bad drugs are in america. Look how young kids are that are using drugs over there. It is totally out of hand over there. Legalise etc here and it will be a free for all. You will find that kids will not see the drugs as bad etc. It will be total mayhem. Educate. educate, educate. But also keep drugs in the 'illegal' catagory where they deserve to be.

I know i have had a good old rant on here but i do feel strongly about the use of drugs and how our young generation are growing up with mixed messages from place, like here for example, where people, like stewart, write and say it is ok to use drugs and also go writing uncalled for statements:

Anyway, its 6am, I better get off the PC and get busy, those big bags of drugs wont push themselves, and if I don't get to the dark alley next to the school by half past there will be no space left, and I'll have to stand on the slippery slope again

Why write that? It may be a joke but it is also so childish. Lets keep these type of statements off these forums as they don't serve any constructive purpose.

Seething Cauldron of Hatred TheAnimus's Avatar
    Thanks

Koolpc.

What, exactly is the problem with canabis that warents it been a class B?

How come you're in possession of this knowledge, yet the drugs advisory concil aren't?
    throw new ArgumentException (String, String, Exception)

Banned
    Thanks

Instead of replying to me, while ignoring all the other people questioning and ridiculing you, why don't you reply to them?

Agent, Knox, Roseline, G4Z, Nicho and many more have tried and you ignore them.

Try replying to these, all these comments were posted by people other than me, aimed at you.
    Yea, but Stewart, you don't half reply with childish remarks! Why can't you reply in a civil way?

Thanks
    • directhex's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus ROG Strix B550-I Gaming
      • CPU:
      • Ryzen 5900x
      • Memory:
      • 64GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB
      • Storage:
      • 2TB Seagate Firecuda 520
      • Graphics card(s):
      • EVGA GeForce RTX 3080 XC3 Ultra