Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: What Muslims Want

Thanks

What Muslims Want

Evening all. Did anyone see the above program on Channel 4 tonight. I wasn't intending to watch it but i saw it on and it caught my interest. Overall i found it to be a very informative program and its certainly changed my views on Muslims, and to some extent my views on our culture. For example the way that Muslims see the women in our culture as being opressed and mistreated by the pressure that appears to be on them to always look good, and to some extent be treated as sexual objects. Its kind of odd to see this viewpoint when i've always looked at things the other way round and thinking that the Muslim faith is opressive to women

There were many other things that surprised me in the program and to some degree made me look at our culture in a different light but there are too many to list here. I must admit there were some parts that surprised me a little too like the percentage of Muslims that thought this country would be better goverened by the laws of Islam, i think it was around a third but i may be wrong. Anyway I was just wondering what other people thought about the program if they saw it.

Thanks

Andy

Thanks
    I didn't watch it because I've lived in a part of London that's predominantly Muslim for over a decade. I saw the ads for the show and they just made me angry, TBH. Did they give any details about the survey they carried out or did they just present this stuff as 'fact'?

While I have sympathy for the Islamic religion, arguments like 'women in the west are oppressed by being forced to become sex-objects so they're far better-off being forced to cover every bit of skin if they go outdoors' are simply ridiculous and not worth any serious consideration. All religions are dangerous, this is a lesson we in Western Europe learned 400 years ago when we were busy killing hundreds of thousands of fellow citizens in senseless religous wars. It would be nice if the Middle East caught up with us and realised that the concept of Sharia law is about as relevant to the modern world as the Spanish Inquisition.

Thanks
    The survey wasn't given as facts, they gave each result as a statsitic i.e. 33% of muslims believe Britain should come under the rules of Islam etc etc. I found the program to be very even in its presentation, giving both sides of the story. It made some muslims look bad, i.e. the ones that would not condemn terrorist acts, and others were made to look good, showing the virtues of islam. The program also said that Muslim women aren't forced to cover every inch of their skin, and the choice is given in their holy book (sorry won't attempt to spell it because i know it would be wrong) Maybe you should have watched the program before commenting.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by charleski
    I didn't watch it because I've lived in a part of London that's predominantly Muslim for over a decade. I saw the ads for the show and they just made me angry, TBH. Did they give any details about the survey they carried out or did they just present this stuff as 'fact'?

While I have sympathy for the Islamic religion, arguments like 'women in the west are oppressed by being forced to become sex-objects so they're far better-off being forced to cover every bit of skin if they go outdoors' are simply ridiculous and not worth any serious consideration. All religions are dangerous, this is a lesson we in Western Europe learned 400 years ago when we were busy killing hundreds of thousands of fellow citizens in senseless religous wars. It would be nice if the Middle East caught up with us and realised that the concept of Sharia law is about as relevant to the modern world as the Spanish Inquisition.
    im agree with you if they want sharia law then should go live in pakistan or iran, im sick of hearing about multicultural britain, asians round my area talk in aradic so u cant understand what there saying which i find disgustingly rude. Its seems quite obvious to me as well that if english and white your classed immediately as being racist by not only the media but the biggotted government as well its about time labour left

Thanks
    In regards to woeman having to cover up, I would like to add that males are also forbidden to wearclothes that present their physical form although theheadisnot covered. THe idea beingyousee the person not the body. I believe it is a valid pointgiven the number of shallow people in the world.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by phoenixmystic
    In regards to woeman having to cover up, I would like to add that males are also forbidden to wearclothes that present their physical form although theheadisnot covered. THe idea beingyousee the person not the body. I believe it is a valid pointgiven the number of shallow people in the world.
    so you think its shallow if you like feel like you good, even if your not wearing many clothes ?
    sorry did of a rant
    Last edited by mcmiller; 07-08-2006 at 10:36 PM.

Thanks
    No, it's just a method by which patriarchal societies oppress women. In our society it's a question of choice; my girlfriend - like all western women - has the option of wearing a burkha, but of course does not. Nor does she dress like a total slapper (much ) nor does she feel forced to do so. Whereas in certain countries if a woman so much as shows her hair, or leaves her home unaccompanied by male relatives she gets promptly and publicly beaten with sticks. How is that a valid position to take?

Thanks
    That's not my experience of how it works.

Last week, when it was extremely hot, I saw a young couple (Muslim I think but am not sure). He was wearing shorts, flip-flops and a vest; she was wearing a heavy black burkha; without so much an eyebrow showing. I think she was even wearing gloves!

The day Muslim men treat women as equals is the day they earn my respect.

W.

Thanks
    im muslim and i would only make my wife cover up if shes ugly lol.

Banned
    Thanks
    Moved to QT for when it hots up... (Which it will)

its all clear now
    Thanks
    • No.72's system
      • Motherboard:
      • commando
      • CPU:
      • e6300 3.50ghz artic 7
      • Memory:
      • 4gb corsair red tracers
      • Storage:
      • 320gb RAID0
      • Graphics card(s):
      • 4870XT
      • PSU:
      • 620 watt corsair
      • Case:
      • coolmaster 831 SE orange
      • Monitor(s):
      • 2407WFP AO4
      • Internet:
      • 10 meg virgin
    well i dont mind muslims as long as they dont bomb the country they live in, those few men who attacked london have pritty much tarnished their rep in the eyes of white english people, but if they, by they i mean a small amount, do diside to attack england agion, well then all hell will happen and so the muslims in this country will be in big trouble. I watched a programm on the relations from a muslim point of view, and some think
    we are on the bring of a holacorst. People will do anything in trouble some times, it could happen

Thanks
    (sp?)

/chews popcorn

its all clear now
    Thanks
    • No.72's system
      • Motherboard:
      • commando
      • CPU:
      • e6300 3.50ghz artic 7
      • Memory:
      • 4gb corsair red tracers
      • Storage:
      • 320gb RAID0
      • Graphics card(s):
      • 4870XT
      • PSU:
      • 620 watt corsair
      • Case:
      • coolmaster 831 SE orange
      • Monitor(s):
      • 2407WFP AO4
      • Internet:
      • 10 meg virgin
    ok well i see people giveing muslims funny looks in public a lot more now, and i live in bornmouth for god sake, i am 15 and the amount or racist things i here all the time is amazing, i have had conversations with lots of people who i dont know that well and they say openly there should be a big hole whare the middle east is, how can you say that??????? something is going to have to give, by that i mean a bluddy event which will be rembered in history for ever. it will happen but when??, just look at history, man cant live tougether if they arnt perfectly happy, so they kill to make thing better, or so i am told.

Thanks
    The reason that I don't have much interest in 'shock expose - all Muslims are really terrorists' racist nonsense (which is how 'What Muslims Want' certainly appeared from the ads) can be easily summed up by this website. Take a read of it and see a more realistic picture.

Unfortunately extremists do exist and have managed to take control of the Muslim Council of Britain, giving their disgusting perversity far more exposure than they deserve.

Thanks
    • chuckskull's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Gigabyte Z77-D3H
      • CPU:
      • 3570k @ 4.7 - H100i
      • Memory:
      • 32GB XMS3 1600mhz
      • Storage:
      • 256GB Samsung 850 Pro + 3TB Seagate
      • Graphics card(s):
      • EVGA GTX 980Ti Classified
      • PSU:
      • Seasonic M12 700W
      • Case:
      • Corsair 500R
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10 Pro
      • Monitor(s):
      • Asus VG278HE
      • Internet:
      • FTTC
    There are extremeists in every religion. As for the burqa arguemnet, If a women wants to cover her body for her religion then good for her, if she is stoned to death for not wearing not so good.

the important point is choice.

Thanks
    Ok maybe i should clarify, i was only interested in whether or not people saw the program on channel 4 or not. As far as Muslim women having to covering up, if anyone had seen the damned program last night they would realise that nowhere in the Qur'an does it say that women have to cover up, they have a free choice. It is stupid people that read the Qur'an and interpret it to make it mean what they want it to mean, that force women to cover up.

So does anyone feel able to comment on the program last night or not?

Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast

Thread Information