Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: RMA Process

Registered+
    Thanks

RMA Process

Hi all,
    I wish I could say my first thread here was good but I need to rant/get advice...

Story goes:
    Bought a Asus Maximus board back in late 2007 - Had problems from day one. Scan and myself were emailing back and forth throughout the year with various problems from RAID not working, random switching off (not heat/power related), and very unstable.

It got as far as an RMA being issued 3 times but never replaced because of the time it was going to take to get it sorted.

Finally, it died in August - found out it had 3 year warranty and got in touch with Scan.

This is where a really bad RMA process kicked in.
    I was informed I would have to send it in to send to Asus after being tested and given a 8-10 week turnaround. This was probably the highest turnaround I have >ever< heard of!

Lived with it and sure enough it took 6-7 weeks only to recieve a really badly "fixed" replacement board which was scratched, burnt, liquid contaminated, capacitor broken off...list goes on.

Annoyingly, I did not even get an apology but Scan did pick the board up on Monday just gone.

At this point, as Scan don't have a X38 board in stock - atleasst from Asus though looking on their site, I couldnt' see one for another make either.... I am to get a refund.

The refund equates to around £60 all in taking into account usage/time etc.

I suppose my rant is to clear up a few things:

1. Is the amount ok? Personally, I wish it was more given that it was probably used "properly" for under a year with it being faulty for most, and in Scan/Asus' possession for 9-10 weeks.

2. I accept a refund but the card paid with does not exist nor does the account. Having just rung Scan, I have been told in this case, it would be issued via a cheque. This means another week to get to me bearing in mind now we have another 3 day postal strike so potentially 2 weeks. This brings the total time to 11-12 weeks!
    I have offered to take it on my card or even just get a credit as I've seen a board I dont mind purchasing from Scan.

3. If anyone from Scan itself can also get back to me here then that would be great.

I feel I can't really stick to email because it is like watching paint dry waiting for the response which generally is 1 reply a day. and I've already used up £10+ on just 2 days of being on hold via the 08xx number. That with the inital delivery to Scan of the first board + lost £££ in being without a functioning machine - it's just taking it out of me constantly having to chase this up.

Thanks
    AJ

Registered+
    Thanks

Re: RMA Process: Like watching paint dry

I have a feeling this should have been in the after-sales support so please move if needed

Registered+
    Thanks

Well if anyone is interested - this is STILL not resolved.
    Called them up an hour ago to be told a replacement was sent out.

Not only was it sent out without me knowing and so it has gone to an address I don't live at anymore...
    But also they have said as a replacement has been sourced, it cannot be taken back and refunded - despite us both agreeing the £60 refund would be ok last week!

At the end of my tether to the point that our actual business who deals with them too (under managers name) will now stop using them too.

Naturally I am not accepting this replacement because 1. I don't have it, and 2. I have already bought i7 components based on our decision last week.

In all my years with customer services for any company, I have had the worst service from Scan - ever!

Will update once I get a reply from them - in the mean time, back to the other forums to update them too!

Registered+
    Thanks

I am currently investigating this whole issue and will be in touch shortly.

Wesley

Registered+
    Thanks

I can confirm City Link are still investigating the delivery of this item. As soon as I hear back from I will be in touch further.

Registered+
    Thanks

Thanks but regardless of this - what is the end resolution going to be?

Once we know the whereabouts of the board (not that it should be eating up into >my< time as its not my mess to sort out)...Am I getting the refund we spoke/agreed about

Registered+
    Thanks

So 2 days since the last reply I got from scan, the weeks ended and I can just see myself not getting any reply until Monday now - so another week wasted.

Registered+
    Thanks

I have received the signature from this delivery, but still awaiting City Link feedback as to whether the parcel was delivered to the address supplied or that of a neighbour.

Registered+
    Thanks

OK but what about my intiial query about refund?
    I need to know whether I can buy a board for my i7 components or is Scan going to kick up another fuss

Registered+
    Thanks

akash

It's not going to be a problem, but obviously i need to get the board recovered.

Wesley

Registered+
    Thanks

Wesley, can you arrange a pickup today for the board?
    I went back "home" over the weekend and picked it up from the neighbours who thankfully kept it

Registered+
    Thanks

PS: Pickup MUST be done from the address I have emailed you in the past (TW8)

Registered+
    Thanks

Please see the email I have sent, I have booked this collection for today, but I cannot guarantee this collection will be successful as City Link normally require at least 24 hours notice and booking on the same day all depends on if the driver has available time on his run to fit you in.

Wesley

Registered+
    Thanks

Got it, thanks
    I'll leave it in my car but we have constant city link deliveries so it should be ok

Registered+
    Thanks

Post Removed

This thread is dedicated for the OP & SCAN to resolve the issue..
    http://forums.hexus.net/scan-care-he...ease-read.html

Sorry
    Last edited by Chris P; 02-11-2009 at 03:58 PM.

Registered+
    Thanks

I agree with you to the dot adder and while myself and the company have heavily used Scan in the past (ok not me that much but the company has)... The process could have gone a lot better.

1. It was obvious there was massive communication breakdown within scan
    2. They have wasted x amount on picking up/delivering for no reason (when proper testing + visual inspection + talking to the RMA guys could have prevented this)
    3. I've wasted a lot of money on the phone + the intiial sending the board back etc
    4. I was having to chase it up constantly rather than the other way round

Maybe it was just a bad luck exp. for me and a one off - Annoyingly in a way, I've never actually had to deal with scan returns as everythings worked first time!

Let's see how it goes -

Thread Information