Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: 3 (Three) Mobile Contract Problems - Help

Thanks

Re: 3 (Three) Mobile Contract Problems - Help

Hi guys!

Sorry to bring up an old thread but I need some advice

In january 2008 i called three as my contract was up and i wanted to upgrade my handset and change my contract. When i changed my contract to a £25 per month one he told me my new contract would start then and it was an 18 month one (Finishing in June 09).

I called up 3 last week to confirm my contract was due to end in June 09 and they did confirm this.

Last night i called up 3 to cancel my contract now and pay off the 150£ i still owe for the remainder on my contract. When i came to do this the guy i spoke to said its not 150£ it was 250£ as my contract does not end until October 2009. I explained that this was not correct they when i took the new contract out i was told it would start now and it would end in 18 months (June 09) and the guy i spoke to last Friday also confirmed this. I asked to speak to manager at this point.

When the manager spoke to me i explained everything again and he said i was wrong my contract started in April 08 and due to finish in oct 09. I was like NO i was TOLD this........ He said that when i took out my contract it was an "early upgrade". When i said this is not true, and that infact the guy TOLD me i was able to upgrade/change contract now and start another 18 months from now(jan 08). The Supervisor then said im wrong... so i asked are you calling my a liar as this was what i have been told.. or shall i say lied too. i was on the phone to them for 1 hour going round in circle saying they cannot end it for June that it has to be October and there is nothing they can do about it which is rubbish! I have been lied to and sold a contract under false pretenses.

What can i do about this?? I need some advice please I just want to cancel my contract with them!

many thanks
    Last edited by KBV1; 11-01-2009 at 08:56 PM.

Thanks

Ok just called 3 and recored the 26 min phone call. The manager i spoke to told me that i am still incorrect and that on their system its telling them its October 2009 end date. I asked for proof of my verbal contract consent and they could not provide it too me and have told me to write to Three's head office. Will they have the copy of my call or not? does anyone have a phone number for there Glasgow office so i can call them and not have to waste more time writing to them.

If they dont have a copy of my phone call from 29/1/2008, where do i go from there... can i just cancel it there and then?

Thanks
    Last edited by KBV1; 11-01-2009 at 09:50 PM.

Thanks
    • DeludedGuy's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Gigabyte H87M-HD3
      • CPU:
      • Core i5 4440
      • Memory:
      • 8GB DDR3 1800mhz
      • Storage:
      • 250GB Samsung 840 SSD
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Gigabyte R9 270 OC 2GB
      • PSU:
      • BeQuiet Pure Power L8 600w
      • Case:
      • Silverstone TJ08-E
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 7
      • Monitor(s):
      • 24" Dell U2414H
      • Internet:
      • 75Mb BT Infinity

I've tried to find a telephone number before but couldn't.

You will have to write a complaint letter, and make sure you send it recorded delivery for proof of receipt, otherwise they will say they never got it.

Just say you want a transcript or a recording of the contract , and if they cant provide one, then you are not in a contract with them and cancel your direct debit at any time, and if they persist you will take them to court.

Registered+
    Thanks

DO NOT listen to anyone who advises you not to do the following as there are several forum members who have vested interests and who may also work for mobile phone companies. If I had followed their advice, I would have paid. I did not and 3 dropped the whole thing. Ignore anyone who tries to act like a friend while advising you not to take action against 3. 3 are not the great company they would like us to believe they are. They are a bunch of cowboys who appear to have a larger legal team than they do customer services.

GET IT ALL IN WRITING!!! PHONE CALLS CANNOT BE PROVEN!!!

A) Call 3 customer services and tell the person you speak to that you wish to make a formal complaint. Do not discuss anything with them - just insist on following 3's complaint procedure. You will have to write a letter to 3. Keep it very simple and very clear. A couple of paragraphs will do. 3 do not give a damn about you or how you feel, so don't waste your time and energy. Only do things once. I spent 6 months discussing my issues with them and it got me nowhere. I was never offered the option of a complaint, OFCOM,OTELO etc and that is their duty to offer it. 3 only acted when OFCOM contacted them.

B) DO NOT discuss anything over the phone with 3 - you will be wasting your time. Do it all in writing.
    3 have not responded to the letter which gave them 7 days notice to provide me with a copy of my contract, transcript/recording of the calls I made etc etc etc. They will ignore you. Use lots of words in your letter like 'fail', 'failed to..', 'ignored'. Use all of the reference numbers you are given by OFCOM, OTELO etc.

C) Contact - (be clear about what you need to say before you call so the person you speak with can advise you accuately)
    OFCOM: http://www.ofcom.org.uk/ - call OFCOM and discuss your issues with them. They are very helpful and very friendly.
    OTELO: http://www.otelo.org.uk/ - do the same with OTELO.
    Consumer Direct (trading standards): http://www.consumerdirect.gov.uk/ - same with them.

3 have since sent me a copy of my contract, a copy of my receipt of purchase, copies of all letters they sent me but nothing which states they can use PAC codes to terminate a contract or where in my terms and conditions anything to do with PAC's is stated. 3 zeroed my balance - which was only ever a balance due to their incompetence!

I WON!!!!!!!!

D) Once you begin, do not stop! 3's incompetence will eventually cost them more than it will ever cost you.

Thanks
    • Blitzen's system
      • Motherboard:
      • ABIT iX38 QuadGT
      • CPU:
      • Intel Quad Q6600 @ 3.6Ghz : 30 Degrees Idle - 41-46 Degrees Load
      • Memory:
      • 4 x 1GB OCZ Platinum PC6400 @ 4-4-4-12
      • Storage:
      • 2 x 500GB Samsung Spinpoints - RAID 0
      • Graphics card(s):
      • GTX 285
      • PSU:
      • Enermax MODU 82+ 625W
      • Case:
      • Antec Nine Hundred
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 7 Ultimate 64Bit
      • Monitor(s):
      • Viewsonic Q22wb 22" Widescreen - 5ms
      • Internet:
      • O2 premium @ 17mb

Quote Originally Posted by Darryld1 View Post
    DO NOT listen to anyone who advises you not to do the following as there are several forum members who have vested interests and who may also work for mobile phone companies. If I had followed their advice, I would have paid. I did not and 3 dropped the whole thing. Ignore anyone who tries to act like a friend while advising you not to take action against 3. 3 are not the great company they would like us to believe they are. They are a bunch of cowboys who appear to have a larger legal team than they do customer services.

GET IT ALL IN WRITING!!! PHONE CALLS CANNOT BE PROVEN!!!

A) Call 3 customer services and tell the person you speak to that you wish to make a formal complaint. Do not discuss anything with them - just insist on following 3's complaint procedure. You will have to write a letter to 3. Keep it very simple and very clear. A couple of paragraphs will do. 3 do not give a damn about you or how you feel, so don't waste your time and energy. Only do things once. I spent 6 months discussing my issues with them and it got me nowhere. I was never offered the option of a complaint, OFCOM,OTELO etc and that is their duty to offer it. 3 only acted when OFCOM contacted them.

B) DO NOT discuss anything over the phone with 3 - you will be wasting your time. Do it all in writing.
    3 have not responded to the letter which gave them 7 days notice to provide me with a copy of my contract, transcript/recording of the calls I made etc etc etc. They will ignore you. Use lots of words in your letter like 'fail', 'failed to..', 'ignored'. Use all of the reference numbers you are given by OFCOM, OTELO etc.

C) Contact - (be clear about what you need to say before you call so the person you speak with can advise you accuately)
    OFCOM: http://www.ofcom.org.uk/ - call OFCOM and discuss your issues with them. They are very helpful and very friendly.
    OTELO: http://www.otelo.org.uk/ - do the same with OTELO.
    Consumer Direct (trading standards): http://www.consumerdirect.gov.uk/ - same with them.

3 have since sent me a copy of my contract, a copy of my receipt of purchase, copies of all letters they sent me but nothing which states they can use PAC codes to terminate a contract or where in my terms and conditions anything to do with PAC's is stated. 3 zeroed my balance - which was only ever a balance due to their incompetence!

I WON!!!!!!!!

D) Once you begin, do not stop! 3's incompetence will eventually cost them more than it will ever cost you.
    Several forum members with a 'vested interest' is there? Like who
    Well sorry fella, i reckon your paranoia is getting the better of you and clouding your debatable judgement.

Thanks
    • finlay666's system
      • CPU:
      • Memory:
      • 16gb
      • Graphics card(s):
      • 6950 2gb
      • Case:
      • Fractal R3
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 8
      • Monitor(s):
      • U2713HM and V222H
      • Internet:
      • cable

Quote Originally Posted by Blitzen View Post
    Several forum members with a 'vested interest' is there? Like who
    Well sorry fella, i reckon your paranoia is getting the better of you and clouding your debatable judgement.
    Must be Ferral with his working for a mobile network...and not posting in here

Tin foil hats at the ready!
    H3XU5 Social FAQ
    Quote Originally Posted by tiggerai View Post
    I do like a bit of hot crumpet

Thanks
    • Blitzen's system
      • Motherboard:
      • ABIT iX38 QuadGT
      • CPU:
      • Memory:
      • Storage:
      • Graphics card(s):
      • GTX 285
      • PSU:
      • Enermax MODU 82+ 625W
      • Case:
      • Antec Nine Hundred
      • Operating System:
      • Monitor(s):
      • Internet:
      • O2 premium @ 17mb

Quote Originally Posted by finlay666 View Post
    Must be Ferral with his working for a mobile network...and not posting in here

Tin foil hats at the ready!
    Yep.
    For someone to accuse of vested interest though smacks of delusion.

Thanks

i have had it with three they will not listen to me. I have recored the 66 min phone call and i asked if they could provide me proof of my verbally or written they i accepted the contract which they said they cant. I told them the contract is null and void and they have said that is incorrect all the proof they can send me is a letter to say then my contract is start and end which is just the incorrect info anyways. They said i have to write in to head office.. how long is it going to take to get a reply i just want to end it with 3 im soooo angry!!!!!

What do you guys suggest ?

Thanks

Same problem here. they wouldn't even give me an address to file a formal complaint, they said i've got to send an e.mail instead.
    Let me know how you get on cus i cant get any further than a muppet on the end of a phone. companies like otelo and ofcom are also useless. They say " send a letter then wait 4 weeks for a reply" who has the time to deal with these companies.

HSK
    Thanks
    • HSK's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus Z87-Pro Socket 1150 DVI HDMI DisplayPort 8-channel Audio ATX Motherboard
      • CPU:
      • Intel Core i7 4770K 3.50GHz Socket 1150 8MB Cache
      • Memory:
      • Corsair Vengeance LP Memory CML16GX3M2A1600C9 16GB 1600MHz CL9 DDR3
      • Storage:
      • Seagate 2TB BARRACUDA 3.5" SATA-III Hard Drive - 7200RPM 64MB Cache X 2 + Samsung 256GB 840 Pro SSD
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Point Of View 8800GTS 512mb PCIE DVI
      • PSU:
      • Corsair Professional AX860 Fully Modular 80 PLUS Platinum 860W PSU
      • Case:
      • Corsair Graphite 600T Mesh Black Case
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 8.1
      • Monitor(s):
      • Dell UltraSharp U2713HM 69cm (27")
      • Internet:
      • Plus.net

Something like this happened to my mum, well basically a verbal contract, tried to argue it but it was more hassle then it was worth.

Thanks
    • Blitzen's system
      • Motherboard:
      • ABIT iX38 QuadGT
      • CPU:
      • Memory:
      • Storage:
      • Graphics card(s):
      • GTX 285
      • PSU:
      • Enermax MODU 82+ 625W
      • Case:
      • Antec Nine Hundred
      • Operating System:
      • Monitor(s):
      • Internet:
      • O2 premium @ 17mb

Quote Originally Posted by KBV1 View Post
    i have had it with three they will not listen to me. I have recored the 66 min phone call and i asked if they could provide me proof of my verbally or written they i accepted the contract which they said they cant. I told them the contract is null and void and they have said that is incorrect all the proof they can send me is a letter to say then my contract is start and end which is just the incorrect info anyways. They said i have to write in to head office.. how long is it going to take to get a reply i just want to end it with 3 im soooo angry!!!!!

What do you guys suggest ?
    Why is it that some of you in this thread seem to think a verbal contract is unenforceable??? Its just as robust as a written one.

I have had 3 contracts before and i can GUARANTEE you that when you take their contracts. they inform you in writing. They did when i upgraded a while back awell.

If YOU have no proof to the contract you have, then its YOUR fault as you shouldve asked.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Blitzen View Post
    Why is it that some of you in this thread seem to think a verbal contract is unenforceable??? Its just as robust as a written one.

I have had 3 contracts before and i can GUARANTEE you that when you take their contracts. they inform you in writing. They did when i upgraded a while back awell.

If YOU have no proof to the contract you have, then its YOUR fault as you shouldve asked.
    Even if that is the case (which it isn't as i didn't recieve any information relating to the start or end date of my contract) it's been made too easy for poorly run companies like 3 to take the piss and rip people off whenever they can. Pretty much every phone/insurance/satalite company available have tried to pull the wool over my eyes before.

Thanks
    • Blitzen's system
      • Motherboard:
      • ABIT iX38 QuadGT
      • CPU:
      • Memory:
      • Storage:
      • Graphics card(s):
      • GTX 285
      • PSU:
      • Enermax MODU 82+ 625W
      • Case:
      • Antec Nine Hundred
      • Operating System:
      • Monitor(s):
      • Internet:
      • O2 premium @ 17mb

Quote Originally Posted by almo View Post
    Even if that is the case (which it isn't as i didn't recieve any information relating to the start or end date of my contract) it's been made too easy for poorly run companies like 3 to take the piss and rip people off whenever they can. Pretty much every phone/insurance/satalite company available have tried to pull the wool over my eyes before.
    Wouldnt that start the alarm bells ringing then?
    If that was the case, the smart thing would be to ask for proof in writing at the start of the contract rather than when you think its the end.

I agree, companies such as Three are pretty poor, so help yourself in these situations rather than having a whine about it when its too late.

Thanks

enough of the handbags please
    my Virtualisation Blog http://jfvi.co.uk Virtualisation Podcast http://vsoup.net

Thanks
    • Blitzen's system
      • Motherboard:
      • ABIT iX38 QuadGT
      • CPU:
      • Memory:
      • Storage:
      • Graphics card(s):
      • GTX 285
      • PSU:
      • Enermax MODU 82+ 625W
      • Case:
      • Antec Nine Hundred
      • Operating System:
      • Monitor(s):
      • Internet:
      • O2 premium @ 17mb

Quote Originally Posted by Moby-Dick View Post
    enough of the handbags please
    Sorry but Almo is BANG out of order.
    Swearing and retard/muppet name calling is pathetic.

Thanks

Which is why his post was deleted the hangbags wasn't actually referring to yourself !
    my Virtualisation Blog http://jfvi.co.uk Virtualisation Podcast http://vsoup.net

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information