• Operating System:
      • Windows 7 Ultimate 64Bit
      • Monitor(s):
      • Viewsonic Q22wb 22" Widescreen - 5ms
      • Internet:
      • O2 premium @ 17mb

Re: 3 (Three) Mobile Contract Problems - Help

Quote Originally Posted by Moby-Dick View Post
    Which is why his post was deleted the hangbags wasn't actually referring to yourself !
    ta

Registered+
    Thanks

please ignore this comment folks....the reply is in the below post.

Registered+
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by KBV1 View Post
    Hi guys!

Sorry to bring up an old thread but I need some advice

In january 2008 i called three as my contract was up and i wanted to upgrade my handset and change my contract. When i changed my contract to a £25 per month one he told me my new contract would start then and it was an 18 month one (Finishing in June 09).

I called up 3 last week to confirm my contract was due to end in June 09 and they did confirm this.

Last night i called up 3 to cancel my contract now and pay off the 150£ i still owe for the remainder on my contract. When i came to do this the guy i spoke to said its not 150£ it was 250£ as my contract does not end until October 2009. I explained that this was not correct they when i took the new contract out i was told it would start now and it would end in 18 months (June 09) and the guy i spoke to last Friday also confirmed this. I asked to speak to manager at this point.

When the manager spoke to me i explained everything again and he said i was wrong my contract started in April 08 and due to finish in oct 09. I was like NO i was TOLD this........ He said that when i took out my contract it was an "early upgrade". When i said this is not true, and that infact the guy TOLD me i was able to upgrade/change contract now and start another 18 months from now(jan 08). The Supervisor then said im wrong... so i asked are you calling my a liar as this was what i have been told.. or shall i say lied too. i was on the phone to them for 1 hour going round in circle saying they cannot end it for June that it has to be October and there is nothing they can do about it which is rubbish! I have been lied to and sold a contract under false pretenses.

What can i do about this?? I need some advice please I just want to cancel my contract with them!

many thanks

With three, on an 18 months contract, you can upgrade in your 15th month and the way it works is - When you upgrade, if you change your price plan, the new price plan comes into effect on the next bill cycle, however, the new 18 months contract term starts when your old contract term ends, so technically you're tied into 18+3 = 21 months contract. However, again, you can upgrade in your 15th month (15th month after your new contract term starts).

Sorry if thats confusing.

You can probably pop into your nearest three store and speak to one of the sales reps there who might be able to speak to three customer services for you. (If your nearest three store is a busy one, chances are slim though)

Good luck

Registered+
    Thanks

After everything that has been said about 3 being a bunch of cowboys and precisely how they have lied and ripped paying customers off and who care little for what their customers want, WHY would you ever want to or advise anyone else to extend their contracts with 3??!!!

In what way is a NEW contract an improvement on any other contract such that it can be called an 'upgrade'. You can choose any contract in the whole country so why stay with 3. Just wait until you tell them that you are leaving....... don't say you weren't warned!

My advice is that you do not involve yourself with 3. Just pay your contract as it is until it ends and go some where else......... anywhere else.......

by continuing to involve yourself with 3, you are giving them even more ability to rip you off. pay up and leave.

I am now with Orange, with less minutes and texts than I had with 3 but i'm much happier.

There are members of this fourm who have an interest in keeping people with 3.

Thanks
    • Blitzen's system
      • Motherboard:
      • ABIT iX38 QuadGT
      • CPU:
      • Intel Quad Q6600 @ 3.6Ghz : 30 Degrees Idle - 41-46 Degrees Load
      • Memory:
      • 4 x 1GB OCZ Platinum PC6400 @ 4-4-4-12
      • Storage:
      • 2 x 500GB Samsung Spinpoints - RAID 0
      • Graphics card(s):
      • GTX 285
      • PSU:
      • Enermax MODU 82+ 625W
      • Case:
      • Antec Nine Hundred
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 7 Ultimate 64Bit
      • Monitor(s):
      • Viewsonic Q22wb 22" Widescreen - 5ms
      • Internet:
      • O2 premium @ 17mb

There are members of this fourm who have an interest in keeping people with 3.
    Jesus.....you are suffering from paranoid delusions.

If thats the case, then please tell us all who these infiltrators are that are stalikng you.

Registered+
    Thanks

I didn't say I was being stalked, you did! I said there are members of this forum who have a vested interest in encouraging people to use/stay with 3. Are you saying that is not the case?

What's the issue with highlighting a bad company and a company whose practices act against the best interests of it's customers? Why does my saying so cause you to feel paranoid?

With all the choices which exist, why would anyone choose to use 3 when there are so many examples of how disgustingly 3 have chosen to treat existing customers and others who tried to leave. It's like trying to fight one's way out of a cult.

So I'll repeat myself. I wouldn't use 3 if they gave me a phone and a free contract for life. It's known as having principles - but then, you and 3 don't seem to have quite grasped that concept yet.

CHOOSE ANY OTHER COMPANY, JUST NOT 3. IF YOU'RE UNSURE WHY, READ THE POSTS IN THIS THREAD. IF ANYONE TRIES TO CONVINCE YOU THAT I'M NOT STATING FACTS ABOUT 3, PLEASE LET ME KNOW.

Thanks

You speak sense my good man! 3 should be made to put a warning on their web site like the following,
    Last edited by almo; 16-02-2009 at 06:58 PM.

Thanks

You speak sense my good man! 3 should be made to put a warning on their web site like the following,
    "Here at Three we try our best to rip you off and annoy you everytime you make a phone call to one of our rude foreign customer services team. We are proud to be the countries most diabolical mobile phone network available and strive to become even worse!!"

Thanks

Hi

I cancelled my contract with 3 in November 2009 and asked them for the PAC code. I didnt use it and didnt think anything more until i received a bill today which was 2 months of charges!! I phoned and spoke to someone who stated as i didnt use the PAC code i basically gave them the green light to keep the account open. I told the guy that i wouldnt have asked for the code if i wanted to keep the contract with them but he said there is nothing he can do apart from turn the contract into a sim only contract for £10 a month which i flatly refused. what part of 'i dont want this contract' didnt he get?

I have contacted OFCOM who have told me to write to them asking them to confirm they have cancelled the contract and that I will not be liable for any further charges, and if i get to joy then contact OTELO.

I wonder if i can get them to drop the 2 months charges that i wasnt expecting?

Registered+
    Thanks

So i see things at 3 haven't changed and at a guess, i'd say that is because none of the regulatory body's are prepared to actually do anything about it, other than to suggest writing letters.

REALANGEL:

You do not have to use a PAC code unless you want to keep your phone number while moving to another phone company. That is ALL a PAC code is supposed to be used for. PAC codes are not mentioned in 3's Terms and Conditions or on their website, so you are not in breach of any terms and conditions. Simple!

It IS NOT permission for any phone company to continue to provide a service if the issued PAC is not used. PAC codes expire after 30 days and that's all they do.

You provided 30 days notice of termination - since my ordeal with 3, I gave the subsequent phone company (starts with an 'O', name of a Fruit from which orange juice is made) immediate notice that at the end of my 18 month contract that I did not wish to continue to use or receive any services which they could provide, unless I tell them otherwise, in writing. My contract is going to end soon and i've had them confirm my intentions.

DO NOT pay any 'bills' beyond the date your contract ended. You will be threatened and harrassed but nothing will actually happen. It took me about 9 months to shake 3 off and though they tried to get me to pay, they tried even harder to evade answering any direct questions regarding the internationally agreed rules regarding PAC codes. Nowhere in 3's terms and conditions (or in any other UK mobile phone provider's) does it state that if a PAC code is not used after 30 days, that 3 will assume the client will require the contract to continue. Infact PAC's are not officially mentioned anywhere but everyone at 3 knowns about them! Game over! If you do find yourself in this situation, request that they inform you in writing of exactly where in YOUR contract or one THEIR website, that PAC's are stated. They can't because PAC's are not stated, even if they verbally say they are. Request it in writing..... you won't ever get it!

DO NOT get involved in the time-wasting game of calling their 'customer services' for anything. You will be wasting your time because you WILL be passed from person to person and department to department every time you call and every time you call, you will be repeatedly asked for the same details over and over and over again by a different person. DON'T DO IT! DON'T play their game!

DO NOT respond to letters - they will not respond to yours! Keep it simple. You gave notice, they chose to mess you around. The end.

DO NOT accept any offers. Keep it simple. You do not have to accept anything offered to you by 3. You do not have to accept or buy a £10 anything. Don't do it!

3 WILL NOT be able to affect your credit rating. They told me that if I did not pay, that they would do bad things to my credit rating. I requested this in writing, it never arrived. I checked my credit rating and nothing had/ has since happened.

So you send one letter to 3.

"3 have been given notice of termination by me, as directed by their agreed terms and conditions. No further communication will be entered into between myself and 3 or any of it's representatives.

Your Sincerely,

xxxxxxx"

You are not alone and you are not the only person who has had this happen to them. OFCOM etc are worse than useless. Don't waste your time. One letter - the end.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345

Thread Information