Page 138 of 146 FirstFirst ... 388898108118128135136137138139140141 ... LastLast
Results 2,193 to 2,208 of 2321

Thread: New ATI Tuner Card.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Multimedia Mike
    Hi,
    Let's all just calm down for a second. You guys have to understand that even though you see me as ATI, I don't actually run all the aspects of the company. I give feedback from our discussion to the appropriate people, but that's pretty much all I can do (besides trying to find solutions for you myself). Now I'd like to repeat that I'm not at liberty to comment on unreleased products, but I'm definitely not waiting for anything before I tell you the real status on these issues. What I post is what I know right now. I agree that we need to put some of these issues into the ATI support KB. They could have actually been there already if any of you guys registered your product and gave feedback, but that's not important now. I'm setting up a link (which everyone can use), which I will post on the top of the Hexus ATI forum where you can give hardware related feedback and then I'll try to coordinate to get some of the issues we already identified to be put into articles ASAP. I'll let you know when the link is up.
    Mike

Is the 550 team addressing any "critical" issues at this time? If so, what are they?

Thanks

S.

Thanks
    Well I don't if any of you had chaces to look at latest review of the NVIDIA DualTV MCE from HTPCnews.com
    Well if ask me I say the image quality look better the ATI 550 when come to Piccadilly Circus Billboard the sky look more like the sky and far better then 150/500 which by the way is way to dark and has better sharpness on there reference image and ATI 550 still look grainess in Cartoon and Live Action Content.
    Nice review! A lot better than Anandtech's and Hot Hardware review

Mike I this hope they fix this someday

1: CTHELPER.exe crash on boot up I have Creative Lab Audigy 2 ZS, if I disable the Theater 550 Pro then reboot and wait everthing to load then re-enable Theater 550 Pro then CTHELPER dosen't crash THAT HAS NOT BEEN FIX to this today.

2: The MPEG files generated by the Theater 550 Pro are not very compatible with some tools like let say Ulead DVD MovieFactory when I try set up auto 1 min chapters point it carp out after 6 min's in to it and using Womble MPEG-VCR MPEG "GOP fixer" I find out it show lot's of error in GOP time code which not good at all, But writing out a new files with Womble MPEG-VCR fix the problem which some THAT HAS NOT BEEN FIX to this today.

Registered+
    Thanks

Patience

Quote Originally Posted by Multimedia Mike
    Let's all just calm down for a second.
    Mike,

We have all been very patient with you and ATI looking for any tidbits to tweak or massage the experience with the 550. I actually would like to know the following:

1) If there is no chance of fixing the sound issue is there something we can do to alleviate it like via a registry or batch file that might boost the sound for that particular app. I am currently using MCE 2005 but maybe there is another angle that could be approached like say the sound driver on the mobo or Audigy for instance.

2) Will we see a revision history on the drivers after .134? I think this is very important expecially for users that have a solid config and then those next set of drivers break it whether it's the drivers fault or not.

3) I actually own three 550's and I am wondering if there is a way that you could confirm that I stay with using two 550's vs. NVidia's new Dual TV MCE card.

Thanks,
    BFever

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by SHSPVR
    Well I don't if any of you had chaces to look at latest review of the NVIDIA DualTV MCE from HTPCnews.com
    Well if ask me I say the image quality look better the ATI 550 when come to Piccadilly Circus Billboard the sky look more like the sky and far better then 150/500 which by the way is way to dark and has better sharpness on there reference image and ATI 550 still look grainess in Cartoon and Live Action Content.
    Nice review! A lot better than Anandtech's and Hot Hardware review

The thing that impressed me most was the resolution test done through the cable input. The real world test. It's very clear that nVidia DualTV is better than the T 550. All the lines are straight and clearly resolved, while T550's result has wavy lines and that annoying softness we all know and hate. The contrast is also more natural with DualTV. White is white VS the T550's grayish white.

http://www.htpcnews.com/images/stori...t550pro_rf.jpg

http://www.htpcnews.com/images/stori..._dualtv_rf.jpg

Also... while both systems are supposed to be ISF certified.... DualTV colors are more natural. Particularly yellow and red.

Jonas

Thanks
    Your rigth jonaslasky I didn't see RF input shot that close I mian was look at the other one
    Last edited by SHSPVR; 31-05-2006 at 03:30 AM.

Thanks

Thanks
    Your rigth jonaslasky I my didn't look at RF input shot that close

Another plus is the inclusion of PureVideo. If you have an HDTV tuner in your PC you could really benefit from PureVideo. It cuts CPU usage quite a bit when used with the right graphics card. You gotta love that dual tuner setup too, which is internally split, so you only need one RF input. Two S-Video, two Video inputs, Plus all the goodies that come with it.... including a gold plated splitter.

Let.s not forget that all the filters are actually adjustable, and you don't need GraphEdit to do it.

Jonas

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jonaslasky
    Another plus is the inclusion of PureVideo. If you have an HDTV tuner in your PC you could really benefit from PureVideo. It cuts CPU usage quite a bit when used with the right graphics card. You gotta love that dual tuner setup too, which is internally split, so you only need one RF input. Two S-Video, two Video inputs, Plus all the goodies that come with it.... including a gold plated splitter.

Let.s not forget that all the filters are actually adjustable, and you don't need GraphEdit to do it.

Jonas
    You wonder if Nvidia has been reading this thread. Does anyone know if Nvidia has improved on ATI's "whisper" volume technology currently in the "non-critical" stages of limbo?

S.
    Last edited by satnav4; 31-05-2006 at 01:13 PM.

Thanks
    Your wrong jonaslasky you have to have MCE 2005 in order to do that where with other PVR applications you are stuck with the defaults settting.
    Last edited by SHSPVR; 31-05-2006 at 03:16 PM.

Thanks
    148 pages :O is this the biggest forum thread on Hexus!!?!!

Thanks
    It's really only the same 4 or 5 people who keep posting about the same crap forever.

Thanks
    And your point is what bubbaganoush?

Thanks
    Your wrong jonaslasky you have to have MCE 2005 in order to do that where with other PVR applications you are stuck with the defaults settting.

Right.... you don't need GraphEdit to do it.

PS.... you have to wonder why these geniuses keep coming back to this forum just to complain about the same five people complaining. If I were as smart as they are you'd never see me here again..... LOL!

Jonas
    Last edited by jonaslasky; 31-05-2006 at 06:56 PM.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jonaslasky
    Right.... you don't need GraphEdit to do it.

PS.... you have to wonder why these geniuses keep coming back to this forum just to complain about the same five people complaining. If I were as smart as they are you'd never see me here again..... LOL!

Jonas
    I was wondering the same thing. Shouldn't they be sending a man to Mars, planning World peace, or pondering the meaning of life, ........or just about anything else but bothering us....?????? And just about now Spaced should enter stage right in support of the other "I don't know why you keep complaining but I keep reading it anyway" guy.

S.

Registered+
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by BFever
    Mike,

We have all been very patient with you and ATI looking for any tidbits to tweak or massage the experience with the 550. I actually would like to know the following:

1) If there is no chance of fixing the sound issue is there something we can do to alleviate it like via a registry or batch file that might boost the sound for that particular app. I am currently using MCE 2005 but maybe there is another angle that could be approached like say the sound driver on the mobo or Audigy for instance.

2) Will we see a revision history on the drivers after .134? I think this is very important expecially for users that have a solid config and then those next set of drivers break it whether it's the drivers fault or not.

3) I actually own three 550's and I am wondering if there is a way that you could confirm that I stay with using two 550's vs. NVidia's new Dual TV MCE card.

Thanks,
    BFever

Buehller? Buehller? Buehller? Multimedia Mike? Buehller? Buehller?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by BFever
    Buehller? Buehller? Buehller? Multimedia Mike? Buehller? Buehller?
    Just saw the Ad---perfect.

Thread Information