Page 38 of 146 FirstFirst ... 81828353637383940414858687888138 ... LastLast

Thread: New ATI Tuner Card.

Registered+
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by satnav4
    That's great news. If only mpeg2 presets are available, does that mean I cannot set average and peak rates, motion estimation and vbr use? When I think "preset", I think default setting of the manufacturer. Can you use the card with the Guide Plus EPG?

Thanks.

S.
    What I mean by preset is the four options in the recording preset box on the personal video recorder tab in the settings. You can change them as you please, but recording in MPEG-1, avi, wmv, etc. is not available.

As far as the Guide Plus goes, I'm not sure. Until now I have only used MMC with the TV Wonder PCI, for which Guide Plus is not available. I can see where the button is supposed to be, but it isn't there. When I am using the 550 Pro, that button still isn't there, but that could just be because of something carrying over from the previous configuration. Someone who has an AIW, who was able to use Guide Plus before, might be able to use it.

Thanks
    MMC doesnt work here with the new drivers...

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by farmkid
    What I mean by preset is the four options in the recording preset box on the personal video recorder tab in the settings. You can change them as you please, but recording in MPEG-1, avi, wmv, etc. is not available.

As far as the Guide Plus goes, I'm not sure. Until now I have only used MMC with the TV Wonder PCI, for which Guide Plus is not available. I can see where the button is supposed to be, but it isn't there. When I am using the 550 Pro, that button still isn't there, but that could just be because of something carrying over from the previous configuration. Someone who has an AIW, who was able to use Guide Plus before, might be able to use it.
    Thanks. I will try it tonight and post back.

S.

Thanks
    Well good new I got GB-PVR some what working at less it recording soon I fig a few small problem I post how to get ATI TV Wonder Elite to work.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by bubbaganoush
    MMC doesnt work here with the new drivers...
    Farmkid

Based on the above comment, are you sure you are accessing the 550 and not the Wonder card? When I installed Cyberlink PC, I immediately got it working. I was impressed by the absence of any delay in viewing usually experienced with hardware cards. Then I determined the software defaulted to my AIW card. I wasn't looking at the 550 at all. I had to disable the AIW drivers to get the 550 working. Of course it had the hardware lag.

So, if you pull the cable on the 550 and you lose picture, it proves MMC has accessed the 550. If not, it is still accessing the Wonder. Can you do that test for me?

Thanks

S.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by SHSPVR
    Well good new I got GB-PVR some what working at less it recording soon I fig a few small problem I post how to get ATI TV Wonder Elite to work.
    Hi SHS

Great news. GBPVR is my favorite for my 2 150's. Please get my 550 working also.

BTW, I love your site and visit it often.

S.

Registered+
    Thanks
    Farmkid

Based on the above comment, are you sure you are accessing the 550 and not the Wonder card? When I installed Cyberlink PC, I immediately got it working. I was impressed by the absence of any delay in viewing usually experienced with hardware cards. Then I determined the software defaulted to my AIW card. I wasn't looking at the 550 at all. I had to disable the AIW drivers to get the 550 working. Of course it had the hardware lag.

So, if you pull the cable on the 550 and you lose picture, it proves MMC has accessed the 550. If not, it is still accessing the Wonder. Can you do that test for me?

Thanks

S.
    I only have one cable and I have to move it manually from one card to the other. After installing the new drivers, went into the MMC configuration and selected the 550 Pro, then started the TV. I had no picture or sound (which I thought was odd, since I had sound before). Then, I realized I had forgotten to switch the cable. I switched the cable to the 550 Pro and ta-da video and sound. As more proof, with my TV Wonder I can only capture at a maximum resolution of 640X240. Now, I can get 720X480 with the 550 Pro.

Registered+
    Thanks
    I am afraid that this T550Pro has a build in hardware macrovison detection which is maybe to sensitive. I have never used my AIW9800SE for TV recording due this problem (plus bad audio on most channels)

Michael,

1) Has this card indeed a hardware microvision detection?
    If so do you know if ATI checks if this does not work with FREE channels
    or own video tapes?
    2) Is this card able to tune to frequencies other the whole channels (like in the US)

example TV channels

Televisie
    Zender................Frequency........Channel
    ------------------------------------------
    Nederland 1.........184.00 MHz.......6+
    Nederland 2.........192.00 MHz.......7+
    Nederland 3.........200.00 MHz.......9-
    RTL 4.................744.00 MHz.......55+
    RTL 5.................720.00 MHz.......52+

ps: As a work around I bought a "Video Stabilizer.." and connected an external TV tuner to my AIW9800SE.

Thanks
    I only have one cable and I have to move it manually from one card to the other. After installing the new drivers, went into the MMC configuration and selected the 550 Pro, then started the TV. I had no picture or sound (which I thought was odd, since I had sound before). Then, I realized I had forgotten to switch the cable. I switched the cable to the 550 Pro and ta-da video and sound. As more proof, with my TV Wonder I can only capture at a maximum resolution of 640X240. Now, I can get 720X480 with the 550 Pro.
    I didn't mean to doubt you. Thanks for the reply.

Let me recommend a splitter and a second cable. I have 4 tuners connected via a 4 way splitter. I also have a nice strong signal permitting this splitting.

S.

Thanks
    sub at GBPVR is prepared to add support for the 550 chip cards if ATI will send him a card. See http://gbpvr.com/cgi-bin/ikonboard.c...hl=theater+550
    In case you don't know, sub runs the show there, and has put together an excellent, free program. Any chance ATI will send him a card? The folks at Lifeview sent him a TV Walker, and he provided support for it. He is a can do guy.

S.

Thanks
    the demo video on the ati website is still showing a multimedia center interface

Registered+
    Thanks
    I didn't mean to doubt you. Thanks for the reply.
    Hey, no problem. I thought of the same thing when I first put in the 550 Pro. For that reason, I have been careful to be sure I know where the cable is plugged in.

Let me recommend a splitter and a second cable. I have 4 tuners connected via a 4 way splitter. I also have a nice strong signal permitting this splitting.

S.
    If I was going to be keeping this configuration for the long term, I probably would. But, I am only keeping the TV Wonder PCI until I feel confident that the software and drivers have matured enough that I won't ever need a backup. Besides, I already have the signal split off to the TV and VCR in the other room and I'm afraid splitting it again may weaken the signal enough to cause other problems.

BTW, I must say thanks for your comments in this thread. I have found many of them very useful and you have often said what I was thinking with regards to the software/advertising issues we have all been dealing with.

Thanks
    I know satnav4 after all I got sub a lot Hauppauge board but I don't any one ATI or see about get him one, any way if want to try it you need edit direct.ini and add fallowing line above.
    ---------------- Copy below here ------------------------------------

[ATI TV Wonder Elite]
    INIT_MODE=DEFAULT
    INIT_MSP=0
    SUPPORTS_FM_RADIO=1
    BLACKBIRD=1
    CONEXANT=1
    FILTER_CROSSBAR=ATI AVStream Analog Xbar
    FILTER_CAPTURE=ATI AVStream Analog Capture
    FILTER_TV_TUNER=ATI AVStream Analog Tuner
    FILTER_TV_AUDIO=ATI AVStream Analog TV Audio
    FILTER_ENCODER=ATI AVStream MPEG2 Multiplexer
    PIN_CROSSBAR_VIDEO_TUNER_IN=Video Tuner In
    PIN_CROSSBAR_AUDIO_TUNER_IN=Audio Tuner In
    PIN_CROSSBAR_VIDEO_DECODER_OUT=Video Decoder Out
    PIN_CROSSBAR_AUDIO_DECODER_OUT=Audio Decoder Out
    PIN_TVTUNER_ANALOG_VIDEO_OUT=Analog Video
    PIN_TVTUNER_ANALOG_AUDIO_OUT=Analog Audio
    PIN_TVAUDIO_TV_AUDIO_IN=TVAudio In
    PIN_TVAUDIO_TV_AUDIO_OUT=TVAudio Out
    PIN_CAPTURE_ANALOG_VIDEO_IN=ATI Analog Video Input
    PIN_CAPTURE_ANALOG_AUDIO_IN=ATI Analog Audio Input
    PIN_CAPTURE_PREVIEW_AUDIO_OUT=ATI Audio Capture Output
    PIN_CAPTURE_I2S_OUT=ATI Video Decoder YUV Output
    PIN_CAPTURE_656_OUT=ATI Audio Decoder PCM Output
    PIN_ENCODER_I2S_IN=ATI MUX Video YUV Input
    PIN_ENCODER_656_IN=ATI MUX Audio PCM Input
    PIN_ENCODER_OUT=ATI MUX MPEG2 Output
    PIN_WRITER_INPUT_IN=Input

---------------- Copy above here ------------------------------------

Be sure Disable LiveView Mode in the Config under Misc
    The problem I runing to was Audio not work it like it stuck Tuner Audio input mode so I get no sound but it odd the first time it work hehe.
    May you have good lucky with it satnav4

Thanks
    BTW, I must say thanks for your comments in this thread. I have found many of them very useful and you have often said what I was thinking with regards to the software/advertising issues we have all been dealing with.
    Kind words. I just want this product to live up to its potential and its billing.

S.

Thanks
    Strange thing is that mmc will detect all the available channels but it wont display anything....

Registered+
    Thanks
    Another chuckle for the masses ... been trying to get intervideo windvr and home theater (home theater is said to work according to the blurbs) to work without success so called intervideo tech support and they said "we have no intention of supporting the 550 pro at this time..." I can't wait to hear my reply from cyberlink on why I cant record to any drive except C: .... sucks having a card with such a good pciture compared to my leadtek winfast but can't use it to record.

Thread Information