Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: From Pro Evo to Fifa

Banned
    Thanks

Re: From Pro Evo to Fifa

Quote Originally Posted by Andy3536 View Post
    Glad to see we've stopped insulting each other

There was me worried we'd just start mud slinging again without actually anything usefull being said
    I know mate, and we should all try to make a bit more sense, but seriously, look at this post from Josh, and tell me its not the post of a typical angry child, the sort you see bickering on GameFAQs, GameSpot, IGN, etc.

And be honest.

'God almighty you really are a fanboy. its cool that you love PES and hate FIFA but dont go on as if fifa being boring is fact. i seriously doubt you even play fifa09 on the consoles but maybe you have.'

All the boxes ticked. 'fanboy' 'love this' 'hate that' some nonsense about 'i bets u aint even played its!!1!!'

Josh drags this forum and specifically this thread down because, and no offence but I'm just speaking honestly here, he posts and argues like a child.

And I know most of you agree with me but are too polite to say.

EDIT - And just to prove my point, I have already had a PM about this post agreeing with me completely. Obviously I wont say who, but it does go to show people want standards of discussion here, not Josh and his infantile bickering.

I'm happy for him to post that way, but I'm not going to have his childish 'fanboy' nonsense aimed at me without replying and pointing out to him that he really needs to stop doing it if he wants to make any sense, say anything useful and not appear to be an angry, bickering child.

Is that wrong? Its for the overall good of the forums.
    Last edited by Stewart; 06-10-2008 at 04:14 PM.

Thanks
    • Lee H's system
      • Motherboard:
      • MSI Z370 Carbon Gaming
      • CPU:
      • Intel i7 8700K Unlocked CPU
      • Memory:
      • 16 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 LPX
      • Storage:
      • 250GB 960 EVO + a few more drives
      • Graphics card(s):
      • 6GB Palit GTX 1060 Dual
      • PSU:
      • Antec Truepower 750W Modular Blue
      • Case:
      • Corsair 600T White Edition
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10 PRO
      • Monitor(s):
      • 27" Asus MX279H & 24" Acer 3D GD245HQ + the 3D glasses
      • Internet:
      • Virgin Media

Each to their own I say. I own Fifa 09 and prefer that over the PES series as the PES system just feels to "arcade-like" for my reckoning.

Anyway, if we all liked the same thing, our race would be screwed as we'd all be chasing the same women trying to impregnate them wouldn't we?

Accept that others have choices which may not mirror your very own and just get on with it. No amount of arguing over the web like a bunch of keyboard warriors is going to implement your choices onto another person are they?

Banned
    Thanks

I'll speak to Agent, my inside man on the Admin team, see if we can get fanboy added to the swear filter, then peeps can't use it as an argument.

Thanks
    • pp05's system
      • Motherboard:
      • AsRock Fatal1ty B450 Gaming itx
      • CPU:
      • Ryzen 3 2200G
      • Memory:
      • Ballistix Elite 8GB Kit 3200 UDIMM
      • Storage:
      • Kingston 240gb SSD
      • PSU:
      • Kolink SFX 350W PSU
      • Case:
      • Kolink Sattelite plus MITX
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10

So those who have got their copy of fifa 09, first impressions please..

Thanks
    • Andy3536's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Gigabyte GA-880GMA
      • CPU:
      • AMD Phenom II X6 1055T 95w @3.8
      • Memory:
      • 4GB Corsair XMS3 1600MHz
      • Storage:
      • 1T WD
      • Graphics card(s):
      • ATI 4870
      • PSU:
      • Corsair 750
      • Case:
      • Antec P-182

Quote Originally Posted by darrensen View Post
    Well after playing this weekend i've noticed some positive and negative points.

It does appear to be a little slower paced than Evo. Not that this is a bad thing, it seems more realistic, but i'm used to the "snappy" response from the play which i don't get anymore. Like the fact the play has more things to think about. (power bar for passing, set players on runs etc...)

It's good to see that you cant just smash it up the field and expect to score, you need to build pass it around and makes space.

Online play is brilliant. Love the 10 player a-side mode! Good to see there's no lag like in Evo last year.

Be a Pro..... not had a chance yet to try it out, but friends report that it's a brilliant feature, but i understand that Evo has this as well and from what i read, it might be a bit better.

Overall, glad i've moved over to Fifa this year. Evo need to consolidate for the next release of Evo 2010 and ensure they get back on top!

Ohh, a constuctive post

Regarding the PES mode thats like the fifa be a pro, my unserstanding is it's more like a carrer from start to finish. You start off poor and with a crap team and you need to play to biuld your stats up, but play badly and you'll be on the bench. if you play well though some bigger clubs will bid for you and you'll have the oportunity to play for those. But again if you start to play poorly at the higher level you'll be on the bench and promptly sold to a worse club.
    Basicly you have to manage your carrer, It sounds fantastic, and even though it's a blatent copy of fifa they have taken it on a level.

As to if they've done as good a job as they make it sound though we'll find out in 2 weeks.

Never try, never fail!
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by pp05 View Post
    Love it so far, its a considerable step up from last years offering (which was the one that converted me from pro evo). Havent played it enough to give you a full review but you asked for a first impression so you got it

7. Received thanks from:

pp05 (08-10-2008)

Thanks
    • pp05's system
      • Motherboard:
      • CPU:
      • Ryzen 3 2200G
      • Memory:
      • Storage:
      • Kingston 240gb SSD
      • PSU:
      • Kolink SFX 350W PSU
      • Case:
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10

Quote Originally Posted by SmileyUK View Post
    Love it so far, its a considerable step up from last years offering (which was the one that converted me from pro evo). Havent played it enough to give you a full review but you asked for a first impression so you got it
    Nice one.

I have to say graphics seem better on fifa. But one thing I've noticed - in general - it looks better on 360? (same for PES). or is that just me...

Thanks
    • Andy3536's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Gigabyte GA-880GMA
      • CPU:
      • Memory:
      • Storage:
      • 1T WD
      • Graphics card(s):
      • ATI 4870
      • PSU:
      • Corsair 750
      • Case:
      • Antec P-182

Nice one.

I have to say graphics seem better on fifa. But one thing I've noticed - in general - it looks better on 360? (same for PES). or is that just me...
    Comparison video between 360 and PS3 for fifa.
    http://www.videogamer.com/videos/fif...omparison.html

I think they look virtually identical, they are a few differences you can notice but nothing that really makes a difference to the game.
    Watch the comparison though and see what you think.

PES, i've played the demo on the 360 and PC and it looks far better on the PC. Can't compare it with the PS3 version though. I expect there'll be comparison vids when PES is out though.

On another note, couldn't decide which one to get so i've bought fifa for the 360 and PES for the PC. So i'll be able to really see which is best. Or if after all that i'll want FIfa evolution soccer

The biggest problem with Fifa though before people pay money for it is the demo, by the time it gets started it's over. Puts people off as they can't experience what it's like. They need to have longer games for future demos as it's pathetic.

Thanks

I'm loving it. The BAP mode (which the best mode IMO) is genius, a la PES09's 'Legend' moide, no? At the moment I find it all too easy to drift out of play and getting minus 'position' points. The other thing (which makes sense) is your teamates won't play you a pass or a through-pass if you're offside all the time!
    This hot girl came over to myspace last night, she twittered my yahoo till I
    googled all over her facebook. Ask Jeeves...

System 1: Intel i5-2500k OC STABLE @5.05ghz with a ThermaTake Frio (air power!), 8Gb 1600 (9-9-9-24) R3 Patriot G2 RAM, nVidia GTX980TI ;
    System 2: HP N40L Microserver;
    System 3: MSI 'Ghost Pro' laptop - 16Gb DDR4 RAM, nVidia 970M, i7-6700, 256GB PCIe SSD + 1TB HDD
    System 4: Samsung TAB S 10.1

Registered+
    Thanks

oh it does all get a bit touchy in here!

enjoyed reading everybody's opinion.. i stopped playing fottie on the console for a while (became a fifa fan) and now thinking of getting back into it.. will give fifa a go first and no doubt come across pro evo at my mates

Flibble Ye Not
    Thanks

I have just finished played be a pro in Fifa, I started at 10 this morning and have just stopped to eat dinner. I have never done that with PES no matter how much I loved it, I think it just goes to show how much Fifa has moved on.

The only problem I've got now is it looks like I've got lego hands, I hope it wears of before the Mrs gets home or she might wonder what I've been up to.

Thanks
    • pp05's system
      • Motherboard:
      • CPU:
      • Ryzen 3 2200G
      • Memory:
      • Storage:
      • Kingston 240gb SSD
      • PSU:
      • Kolink SFX 350W PSU
      • Case:
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10

I saw fifa hooked up via HDMI in store, wow!

Thanks
    • Andy3536's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Gigabyte GA-880GMA
      • CPU:
      • Memory:
      • Storage:
      • 1T WD
      • Graphics card(s):
      • ATI 4870
      • PSU:
      • Corsair 750
      • Case:
      • Antec P-182

I'm struggling with fifa, been playing for 2 weeks now and there's a few things that really annoy me.

when the play moves on and you change to the next player it has some strange ideas on just what that next player should be, it'll change to a player a long way away while i'm franticly hitting LB trying to change to the player that's running accross the path of the ball, you inevitabley end up selecting him too late as the ball pases behind him. (if you have it on manual select or auto select it somtimes just doesn't pick the best player to go to the ball)

Somtimes when players go to head the ball they stand too far foward, they do it so early sometimes i try and move back into position but they just won't move untill the balls past them. It's not always when the opposition is putting pressure on the ball either. It's got to be the most infuriatng thing when your center back does this and leaves a foward in on goal on his own. (if there's someway of regaining control of your players movments that i've missed in the manual please let me know)

On a similar vein aswell somtimes when you make a pass to your front players and you can see it's not got the power you intended and you want them to drop back to pick up the ball they either don't respond or respond slowly meaning the defenders go round them and intercept the ball.

And the most annoying thing of all is on the harder levels it's nearly impossible for attackers for the lower leagues to score a goal 1 on 1 with the goal keeper.
    It's just mindbogling how i can have 4 or 5 1 on 1s in a match and everyone will go at the goalkeeper or wide (if you use the placed shot or not, nothing works).
    Or mabee it's right that league 2 players can't score 1 on 1s, i don't watch it that often?

When in manager mode and a scout recomends a player, you can't view the players stats (just a select few) and you also can't see the age or the current rating of the player, just potential high and low. Comparing with other players of the same positions in your team would help too.

I am having alot of fun with the be a pro mode though, it's very entertaining.

I've got to play more on the manager mode though, if i there's something i've missed that'll improve the gameplay annoyances i'd spend so much of my gaming time on the manager mode.

If somthings thats annoying me is easily overcome, i'd really like to know how.

Banned
    Thanks

Somtimes when players go to head the ball they stand too far foward, they do it so early sometimes i try and move back into position but they just won't move untill the balls past them. It's not always when the opposition is putting pressure on the ball either. It's got to be the most infuriatng thing when your center back does this and leaves a foward in on goal on his own. (if there's someway of regaining control of your players movments that i've missed in the manual please let me know)

I had a similar issue on the demo.

I'd throw the ball to my player from the keeper, and realise that it wasnt going to get to him before the other team ran in front of him and nicked it, so with my player selected I'd hold the stick towords the ball, and the player wouldnt move, just stood there rooted to the spot, while the other teams player runs past him and takes the ball.

This is why I feel Pro Evo, despite not looking anywhere near as good, its more fun - the ball feels independent, its not pre-determined what it does. On FIFA I often feel that, like with the defender who wont move, its already pre-determined what's going to happen, and you have to sit there and watch it, while the game engine ignores your inputs.

This is how FIFA has felt to me for years and years, and the reason unless the game play changes, I'll not be playing another one. The PES game play, with the ball pinging about completely independently of anything else is like a breath of fresh air... shame it looks like a PS2 game really.
    Last edited by Stewart; 14-10-2008 at 10:42 PM.

a scumbag, arghhhh
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Stewart View Post
    I had a similar issue on the demo.

I'd throw the ball to my player from the keeper, and realise that it wasnt going to get to him before the other team ran in front of him and nicked it, so with my player selected I'd hold the stick towords the ball, and the player wouldnt move, just stood there rooted to the spot, while the other teams player runs past him and takes the ball.

This is why I feel Pro Evo, despite not looking anywhere near as good, its more fun - the ball feels independent, its not pre-determined what it does. On FIFA I often feel that, like with the defender who wont move, its already pre-determined what's going to happen, and you have to sit there and watch it, while the game engine ignores your inputs.

This is how FIFA has felt to me for years and years, and the reason unless the game play changes, I'll not be playing another one. The PES game play, with the ball pinging about completely independently of anything else is like a breath of fresh air... shame it looks like a PS2 game really.
    The issue of players sometimes not responding is a universal one amongst football games, likewise retarded AI players not continuing their runs and the like, I actually think FIFA isn't too bad for it. Your complaint about the players not moving straight away and feeling like the movements are somewhat predetermined is actually something I find better about FIFA, that is the players have weight and proper physics, they can't just turn or accelerate on a six pence, players and their movements have inertia because that's how things are in real life.
    "The less you eat, drink and buy books; the less you go to the theatre, the dance hall, the public house; the less you think, love, theorise, sing, paint, fence, etc., the more you save – the greater becomes your treasure which neither moths nor rust will devour – your capital. The less you are, the less you express your own life, the more you have, the greater is your alienated life, the greater is the store of your estranged being." Karl Marx

Banned
    Thanks

No, read my post, its nothing to do with weight, or indeed inertia, its about the player on the screen staying rooted to the spot while a pre-determined series of events plays out, regardless of what I'm doing with the pad.

You really do not need to leap to the defence of FIFA everytime I post mate, usually misunderstanding my post in the process. Its not a maiden tied to the train tracks.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread Information