• Graphics card(s):
      • ATI 4870
      • PSU:
      • Corsair 750
      • Case:
      • Antec P-182

Re: From Pro Evo to Fifa

Quote Originally Posted by Stewart View Post
    Thing is, I don't see anyone in the world couldn't be bored of FIFA now, its been the same plodding-but-looks-nice offering since the early Triassic.

The Zomgosaurus has evolved, walked around a bit, and gone extinct in that time, FIFA is still the same core. Yes its prettier, yes its got this added feature, but its not been exciting for ages.

I've not played a PES game since ISSd on the SNES, so PES seems fresh to me, but even ignoring familiarity, 3 goes on each demo makes it very clear to me - PES is more fun to play. Forget realistic, forget graphics, what will matter 5 months after you got the game will be how fun the game is to play, and thats the area where PES is ahead.

FIFA is boring now, and its been boring for a long time.

Andy - this is a gaming discussion forum, thats why people are discussing games here.

Are you having trouble understanding this?

I really didn't think i'd have to explain myself after that, but it's not that i don't think people should be discussing games, but the're not.
    Look back through the threads about PES and Fifa and you always get the same thing. People just mind numbingly saying ones the best thing since sliced bread and the other is the worst game on the face of the planet.
    Hows that a discussion? It's like the playground, "my dads bigger than your dad" kind of thing.

Trying to get people to talk properly about pro evo and fifa is like trying to get Rangers and celtic fans to talk to each other. It doesn't matter which team they back, they'll never acnowledge the other ones any good.

Banned
    Thanks

Well I am trying to offer opinions, and I'm sure if Josh could stop screaming about fanboys, 'u hate its!' and something about ripoffs, we might actually get something out of the wreckage of this thread.

Thanks
    • j.o.s.h.1408's system
      • Motherboard:
      • ASUS P6T Delux
      • CPU:
      • Intel core i7 920 @ 3ghz
      • Memory:
      • 3GB DDR RAM
      • Storage:
      • 1TB Samsung F1, 500GB Seagate baracuda + 320gb Seagate PATA +150GB WD PATA
      • Graphics card(s):
      • EVGA 480GTX SC edition
      • PSU:
      • Seasonic M12 600W Module PSU FTW
      • Case:
      • Lian Li PC-A7010B (the rolls royce of pc cases)
      • Operating System:
      • vista ultimate edition and windows xp
      • Monitor(s):
      • 22inch 2005FPW dell monitor
      • Internet:
      • 24mb BE There Broadband

Well I am trying to offer opinions, and I'm sure if Josh could stop screaming about fanboys, 'u hate its!' and something about ripoffs, we might actually get something out of the wreckage of this thread.
    Your the one who ineffectively made the thread a wreck mate with your "fifa is rubbish" and "PES is god" mixed with a "who gives a damm what fifa fans say" attitude.

Banned
    Thanks

Yeah, you never said anything like that... and certainly not before I even posted in the thread.

Well, apart from 'imo pes09 is a joke.', oh and there was 'they have gone backwards.', and not forgetting 'pes08 on the psp is still better then pes09 on next gen consoles.'

Also 'konami have lost the plot', finished off with 'and if they come out with a crap game again next year i will be worried about konami.'

You then stopped though.

Well, I say stopped, there was a bit of 'FIFA is alot better then pes09 in various ways', but then you did stop.

Deffo.

Unless we count 'whats the best pes09 has to offer? a blatent carbon copy of BAP calles be a legend?', which I think we will.

I then offer some counter points and you start shouting fanboy. Josh, you iz a good kid innit, but ph-ur-lease.

Mate... make sense please. All I'm asking.

Say what you like, but don't throw stones when you live in a house that is clearly made of glass. Understand that I'm not a 'fan' of either game, I'm making a few observations, as you did... I don't feel the need to call people fanboy though, because I'm not 12.

Chill winston.
    Last edited by Stewart; 05-10-2008 at 04:41 PM.

Thanks
    • Andy3536's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Gigabyte GA-880GMA
      • CPU:
      • AMD Phenom II X6 1055T 95w @3.8
      • Memory:
      • 4GB Corsair XMS3 1600MHz
      • Storage:
      • 1T WD
      • Graphics card(s):
      • ATI 4870
      • PSU:
      • Corsair 750
      • Case:
      • Antec P-182

Quote Originally Posted by j.o.s.h.1408 View Post
    Your the one who ineffectively made the thread a wreck mate with your "fifa is rubbish" and "PES is god" mixed with a "who gives a damm what fifa fans say" attitude.

Thats right we'd never catch you doing that would we.............

you are wrong in so many levels mate. the word "us" says it all really. to me and MANY footy sim fans, fifa09 blows us away so before you say "us" you should of said "you" or "some" people are waiting for a footy game to blow you away.

imo pes09 is a joke. they have gone backwards. pes08 on the psp is still better then pes09 on next gen consoles. konami have lost the plot and if they come out with a crap game again next year i will be worried about konami.

FIFA is alot better then pes09 in various ways from graphics to the actual game engine. fifa09 also has a whole list of unique features too from BAP seasons mode to that addidas live season mode. whats the best pes09 has to offer? a blatent carbon copy of BAP calles be a legend?

This thread cannot become anything more than a farse because of comments like this. So much for a debate.

Banned
    Thanks

Lets not pick on the Josh though, the Josh knows whats what, he just has this habbit of going - 'OMFG u big fanboy u hates it, u hates it!!11!', and when he does, the thread goes right up the wall, becoming, as you so rightly point out, a farce.

Point and counter point. The offering of opinions. This is how a nice forum is made.

Screaming fanboy and bickering like kids on the top deck of the bus - this is how GameFAQs forums are made.

Go visit those forums for 5 minutes and you'll see why its not good.

Registered+
    Thanks
    • itdoesntmatter's system
      • Motherboard:
      • A8N-SLI Deluxe
      • CPU:
      • AMD 2400+X2
      • Memory:
      • 2GB XMS Corsair PC3200
      • Storage:
      • 1.5tb
      • Graphics card(s):
      • 8800GT OC
      • PSU:
      • Corsair HX620
      • Case:
      • Coolermaster CM690
      • Internet:
      • Sky is average

Spent the last nights playing both demos with a friend and he was left favouring Pro Evo. He just felt that Pro Evo was more fun to play. I lean toward Fifa. We played loads more of Fifa due to its simple demo restart.

Josh I respect your opinion, I am not here starting a flame war. I am simply pointing out the differences I perceive in the game evolution over the years. As a FIFA fan I came around to Pro Evo but spent this morning playing Sensible Soccer, so fan boi is most definitely not accurate. I do and will not ever fit into that category unless we are talking Mario
    Neither graphics or gameplay is exclusively important for me when purchasing a football sim but a blend is imperitive especially when you consider that potentially you could pay £80 a year to play football on your gaming platform.

I like them both in different ways, still finding it difficult to decide on which I should buy, and on which platform. Will be interesting to see what people make of the season modes on each.

Never try, never fail!
    Thanks

the thing is it is very hard to judge fifa by its demo as the be a pro mode (which is the games best feature) is not in the demo. I havent had a game of the 10v10 yet this year but last year with 5v5 it was truly outstanding if you had 2 teams which knew what they were doing (which the league players did.

Its a shame ea didnt think to put this in the demo but im guessing they thought people may not pay for the game if they had this gem in the demo version.

Also the live leagues idea is genius this year, a good team might not always stay a good team if they are having a bad season in real life. In fact i must check out spur's stats on the game at the moment as they must be plummeting by now.

either way i couldnt care less which footie game any of you prefer, i know the one i like and im happy enough with that

Thanks
    • j.o.s.h.1408's system
      • Motherboard:
      • ASUS P6T Delux
      • CPU:
      • Memory:
      • 3GB DDR RAM
      • Storage:
      • Graphics card(s):
      • EVGA 480GTX SC edition
      • PSU:
      • Case:
      • Operating System:
      • Monitor(s):
      • Internet:

Yeah, you never said anything like that... and certainly not before I even posted in the thread.

Well, apart from 'imo pes09 is a joke.', oh and there was 'they have gone backwards.', and not forgetting 'pes08 on the psp is still better then pes09 on next gen consoles.'

Also 'konami have lost the plot', finished off with 'and if they come out with a crap game again next year i will be worried about konami.'

You then stopped though.

Well, I say stopped, there was a bit of 'FIFA is alot better then pes09 in various ways', but then you did stop.

Deffo.

Unless we count 'whats the best pes09 has to offer? a blatent carbon copy of BAP calles be a legend?', which I think we will.

I then offer some counter points and you start shouting fanboy. Josh, you iz a good kid innit, but ph-ur-lease.

Mate... make sense please. All I'm asking.

Say what you like, but don't throw stones when you live in a house that is clearly made of glass. Understand that I'm not a 'fan' of either game, I'm making a few observations, as you did... I don't feel the need to call people fanboy though, because I'm not 12.

Chill winston.
    so its cool for you to banter about how boring fifa is and not ok for me? whats wrong with these forums, cant i express my opinion anymore. You need to make sense because all you do is moan how bad fifa is and talk like those kids from that movie "adulthood".

you then go about your argument as if your opinions = to FACTS which is a typical fanboy trying to persuade others there opinions of something are true no matter what.

Thing is, I don't see anyone in the world couldn't be bored of FIFA now
    That statement says it all really.

the stuff i said about pes09 are my opinions not yours, not anyone's but MINE and i never came across to try and persuade anyone to buy fifa. i merly expreseed my reasons WHY pes09 is a bad game. to me if you build a good game and later down the line it gets worse, to me that is a joke and going "backwards".

Josh I respect your opinion, I am not here starting a flame war. I am simply pointing out the differences I perceive in the game evolution over the years. As a FIFA fan I came around to Pro Evo but spent this morning playing Sensible Soccer, so fan boi is most definitely not accurate. I do and will not ever fit into that category unless we are talking Mario
    Neither graphics or gameplay is exclusively important for me when purchasing a football sim but a blend is imperitive especially when you consider that potentially you could pay £80 a year to play football on your gaming platform.
    its ok to express opinions. never had a problem with that. i dont attack people who says stuff like

Just played some Pro Evo, looks like the old Pro Evo with a smoother and more vibrant finish. I liked it to be honest, felt easy.
    judging from both demos, pes is classic pes, seems a step up from pes6. fifa09 is shockingly pretty, puts pes to shame, i just dont like the gameplay.
    but when you say "we" are still waiting for a good footy sim is not good. you maybe still waiting for a good sim to come out on the next gen consoles but i myself is not as fifa09 has took a huge leap in terms of footy sims as far as i can see.

the more real a game gets in terms of gameplay, the better and more enjoyable it will be for me. its the reason why i hate racing games like GRID and need for speed and prefer gtr2/forza 2 type racing sims because there are as real as you can get on a video game
    Last edited by j.o.s.h.1408; 05-10-2008 at 10:56 PM.

Thanks
    • Andy3536's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Gigabyte GA-880GMA
      • CPU:
      • AMD Phenom II X6 1055T 95w @3.8
      • Memory:
      • 4GB Corsair XMS3 1600MHz
      • Storage:
      • 1T WD
      • Graphics card(s):
      • ATI 4870
      • PSU:
      • Corsair 750
      • Case:
      • Antec P-182

Glad to see we've stopped insulting each other

There was me worried we'd just start mud slinging again without actually anything usefull being said

Sexiest Hexus user? quite possibly Russ's Avatar
    Thanks
    • Russ's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Apple Logic Board
      • CPU:
      • Core i5 2.8GHZ 8MB Cache
      • Memory:
      • 2x2GB
      • Storage:
      • 1TB
      • Graphics card(s):
      • ATI 5750
      • Case:
      • iMac
      • Operating System:
      • Mac OS X Snow Leopard
      • Monitor(s):
      • 27" iMac
      • Internet:
      • 2mb(on a good day)

somebody mentioned fanboy :| i can only se one in thiswhole thread :|
    Gamertag - Russonf (xbox and ps3)

Thanks
    • darrensen's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Gigabyte z77 UD3H
      • CPU:
      • i7
      • Memory:
      • 8gb DDR3
      • Storage:
      • Loads!
      • Graphics card(s):
      • EVGA 780 GTX
      • PSU:
      • Corsair 850Watt
      • Case:
      • Coolermaster Storm Trooper
      • Operating System:
      • Win 7 64bit
      • Monitor(s):
      • Dell 24"
      • Internet:
      • Plusnet Fibre 80mb

Well after playing this weekend i've noticed some positive and negative points.

It does appear to be a little slower paced than Evo. Not that this is a bad thing, it seems more realistic, but i'm used to the "snappy" response from the play which i don't get anymore. Like the fact the play has more things to think about. (power bar for passing, set players on runs etc...)

It's good to see that you cant just smash it up the field and expect to score, you need to build pass it around and makes space.

Online play is brilliant. Love the 10 player a-side mode! Good to see there's no lag like in Evo last year.

Be a Pro..... not had a chance yet to try it out, but friends report that it's a brilliant feature, but i understand that Evo has this as well and from what i read, it might be a bit better.

Overall, glad i've moved over to Fifa this year. Evo need to consolidate for the next release of Evo 2010 and ensure they get back on top!

Thanks
    • j.o.s.h.1408's system
      • Motherboard:
      • ASUS P6T Delux
      • CPU:
      • Memory:
      • 3GB DDR RAM
      • Storage:
      • Graphics card(s):
      • EVGA 480GTX SC edition
      • PSU:
      • Case:
      • Operating System:
      • Monitor(s):
      • Internet:

Yea one thing i like about fifa is its online options. i prefer playing online then offline against the AI and fifa as included soo many from online custom leagues to 10v10 BAP which to my surprise has no lag.

i bought pes08 on the pc and played it on my bro's xbox 360 and half the games i experienced it in where laggy and not good especially the pc version.

i prefer the way pes06 was structured for online play, you could create rooms and play against ps2 users and up to 8 players could play online (2 on each system)

hardly any lag as well and very enjoyable indeed. pes09 is slightly better then pes08 but imo i feel that pes06 was alot better. i still prefer pes06 ahead of fifa08 though but this new fifa09 has improved dramaticly and is my favourite footy sim at the moment.

what konami need to do is fix the ai so players move more freely into space, fix the animations when they run and add more dynamic animations to individual players on the field like in fifa09.

Also they should had more online features such has online tournaments and leagues that we can create for online play. Also the master league needs to be redone imo and make it more life like on how an actual season is presented.

One feature they should add is the ability to switch teams at the end of a season or even get sacked if performances are not up to standard set by the clubs board(FIFA09 has this, the sacking part)

Also add other features that those FM games have such has training sessions that help boost a players stats or more indepth transfer system.

implement all those features and konami gets my hard earned cash any day. in this day and age i buy whatever i feel is the best for the money, not on brand. before fifa08 i didn't buy a fifa game since the sega mega drive days. if you was to call me a fanboy, im more of a konami fanboy seeing as i have stuck with then for 10+ years.
    Last edited by j.o.s.h.1408; 06-10-2008 at 09:27 AM.

Thanks

lol - so the 'FIFA vs PES' war still goes on, eh?
    This hot girl came over to myspace last night, she twittered my yahoo till I
    googled all over her facebook. Ask Jeeves...

System 1: Intel i5-2500k OC STABLE @5.05ghz with a ThermaTake Frio (air power!), 8Gb 1600 (9-9-9-24) R3 Patriot G2 RAM, nVidia GTX980TI ;
    System 2: HP N40L Microserver;
    System 3: MSI 'Ghost Pro' laptop - 16Gb DDR4 RAM, nVidia 970M, i7-6700, 256GB PCIe SSD + 1TB HDD
    System 4: Samsung TAB S 10.1

Banned
    Thanks

so its cool for you to banter about how boring fifa is and not ok for me? whats wrong with these forums, cant i express my opinion anymore.
    No mate, listen to me, its so simple - you can offer your opinion if you like, I can offer my counter opinion if I like, but if you then start calling me a 'fanboy' because my opinion is different from yours (which you did) then this is what happens to the thread. What you need to do is realise that you might get away with just screaming fanboy, like an angry child, on other forums, but you wont get away with it here.

If I have to send you to bed without any supper everytime you say it, then I will, until Josh learns that just saying a naughty word over and over isn't an argument, or an opinion, its just what Josh says when he can't think of anything else to say.

HEXUS has standards, screaming like an angry kid at anyone who doesn't agree with you falls below those standards.

You need to make sense because all you do is moan how bad fifa is
    Oh yeah... well you need 2 make sense 2 becuz all u do is moan about how bad PES is... lol!!!11 gay!!11 rolf!!11

you then go about your argument as if your opinions = to FACTS which is a typical fanboy trying to persuade others there opinions of something are true no matter what.
    No mate, you see, you are doing it again. You are not putting across an argument, you are just saying fanboy as if that is an argument. Why can't you learn this? Make sense, put your point across, just saying fanboy makes you look a fool and gets you nowhere.

Genuine question, why do you use it? Do you think it makes you seem cool or informed to other posters?

Andy seems unimpressed, as does Russ, so if that is the reason you keep saying fanboy, its not working.

the stuff i said about pes09 are my opinions not yours, not anyone's but MINE and i never came across to try and persuade anyone to buy fifa. i merly expreseed my reasons WHY pes09 is a bad game. to me if you build a good game and later down the line it gets worse, to me that is a joke and going "backwards".
    I'll say it again and give you one more chance to understand.

Your opinions, the PES09 is a joke stuff, are your opinions and you are entitled to them. Yes?

My opinions, the FIFA09 stuff is boring, are my opinions, and I am entitled to them. Yes?

The difference is, when I post my opinions, I have to put up with you screaming fanboy at me, like an angry child. As I've said to you several times, try using counter arguments if you want to disagree with something I've said.

One more time just in case you still don't understand - use counter arguments to disagree with other people, just saying fanboy makes you look a fool and means nothing.
    Last edited by Stewart; 06-10-2008 at 03:58 PM.

16. Received thanks from:

Lee H (06-10-2008)

Banned
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Russ View Post
    somebody mentioned fanboy :| i can only se one in thiswhole thread :|

Why is it always the people who use that word tend to be the people who could actually be considered fanboys. Its strange, isn't it?

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread Information