Page 10 of 19 FirstFirst ... 78910111213 ... LastLast
Results 145 to 160 of 292

Thread: GT5 stuff

  1. #145
    Headless Chicken Terbinator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    7,654
    Thanks
    1,200
    Thanked
    724 times in 592 posts
    • Terbinator's system
      • Motherboard:
      • ASRock H61M
      • CPU:
      • Intel Xeon 1230-V3
      • Memory:
      • Geil Evo Corsa 2133/8GB
      • Storage:
      • M4 128GB, 2TB WD Red
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Gigabyte GTX Titan
      • PSU:
      • Corsair AX760i
      • Case:
      • Coolermaster 130
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 8.1 Pro
      • Monitor(s):
      • Dell Ultrasharp U2711H
      • Internet:
      • Virgin Media 60Mb.

    Re: GT5 stuff

    I'll add you - won't be racing tonight though, thinking about picking a wheel up or trying tot rack down one that works with the 360 as well.

    Also rather wait until its fully sorted out. One last thing, is there damage enabled online?
    Kalniel: "Nice review Tarinder - would it be possible to get a picture of the case when the components are installed (with the side off obviously)?"
    CAT-THE-FIFTH: "The Antec 300 is a case which has an understated and clean appearance which many people like. Not everyone is into e-peen looking computers which look like a cross between the imagination of a hyperactive 10 year old and a Frog."
    TKPeters: "Off to AVForum better Deal - £20+Vat for Free Shipping @ Scan"
    for all intents it seems to be the same card minus some gays name on it and a shielded cover ? with OEM added to it - GoNz0.

  2. #146
    WEEEEEEEEEEEEE! MadduckUK's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Lytham St. Annes
    Posts
    17,297
    Thanks
    653
    Thanked
    1,580 times in 1,006 posts
    • MadduckUK's system
      • Motherboard:
      • MSI B450M Mortar
      • CPU:
      • AMD Ryzen 5 3600
      • Memory:
      • 32GB 3200 DDR4
      • Storage:
      • 1x480GB SSD, 1x 2TB Hybrid, 1x 3TB Rust Spinner
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Radeon 5700XT
      • PSU:
      • Corsair TX750w
      • Case:
      • Phanteks Enthoo Evolv mATX
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10 x64
      • Monitor(s):
      • Samsung SJ55W, DELL S2409W
      • Internet:
      • Plusnet 80

    Re: GT5 stuff

    Quote Originally Posted by aidanjt View Post
    Arghhh, I want to stab the Ghost car so badly! Why is there no option to turn it off?! Grrr..
    there is, but i did it by accident guess its a combination of wheel buttons ut i have no idea what

    j.o.s.h - ill be along in a bit

    Quote Originally Posted by Terbinator View Post
    One last thing, is there damage enabled online?

    i dont know if its just cosmetic or wat, but i have just seen a mclaren mp4-12c with bits hanging off so i guess yes
    Last edited by MadduckUK; 26-11-2010 at 12:38 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ephesians
    Do not be drunk with wine, which will ruin you, but be filled with the Spirit
    Vodka

  3. Received thanks from:

    Terbinator (26-11-2010)

  4. #147
    Headless Chicken Terbinator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    7,654
    Thanks
    1,200
    Thanked
    724 times in 592 posts
    • Terbinator's system
      • Motherboard:
      • ASRock H61M
      • CPU:
      • Intel Xeon 1230-V3
      • Memory:
      • Geil Evo Corsa 2133/8GB
      • Storage:
      • M4 128GB, 2TB WD Red
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Gigabyte GTX Titan
      • PSU:
      • Corsair AX760i
      • Case:
      • Coolermaster 130
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 8.1 Pro
      • Monitor(s):
      • Dell Ultrasharp U2711H
      • Internet:
      • Virgin Media 60Mb.

    Re: GT5 stuff

    Quote Originally Posted by MadduckUK View Post


    i dont know if its just cosmetic or wat, but i have just seen a mclaren mp4-12c with bits hanging off so i guess yes
    I was thinking more mechanical, although saying that, is there mechanical damage at all?

    Edit: Definitely getting better/old groove back. Can now race with no TCS, ABS is still a no go. Whether thats down to the DS3/game mechanic I'm not sure, it feels too sensitive, but I'm working round it.
    Enjoying the game a lot more now I've got a decent car (MP4-12C) and powered through the GT World Tour event, which 'clears' the game.

    One more question, I've noticed theres a 'fuzz' to the image when playing, and in general, limited too the PS3. I'm connected via HDMI>DVI adapter and the cable is a 1.2 version that came with the original Elites. Could this be the issue, although i was under the impression these sort of compromises shouldn't happen with digital>digital connectors? When running the PC by a straight DVI connection I've not noticed so this is the only thing i can think of.
    Last edited by Terbinator; 26-11-2010 at 02:52 AM.
    Kalniel: "Nice review Tarinder - would it be possible to get a picture of the case when the components are installed (with the side off obviously)?"
    CAT-THE-FIFTH: "The Antec 300 is a case which has an understated and clean appearance which many people like. Not everyone is into e-peen looking computers which look like a cross between the imagination of a hyperactive 10 year old and a Frog."
    TKPeters: "Off to AVForum better Deal - £20+Vat for Free Shipping @ Scan"
    for all intents it seems to be the same card minus some gays name on it and a shielded cover ? with OEM added to it - GoNz0.

  5. #148
    Chillie in here j.o.s.h.1408's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    a place called home
    Posts
    8,544
    Thanks
    757
    Thanked
    256 times in 193 posts
    • j.o.s.h.1408's system
      • Motherboard:
      • ASUS P6T Delux
      • CPU:
      • Intel core i7 920 @ 3ghz
      • Memory:
      • 3GB DDR RAM
      • Storage:
      • 1TB Samsung F1, 500GB Seagate baracuda + 320gb Seagate PATA +150GB WD PATA
      • Graphics card(s):
      • EVGA 480GTX SC edition
      • PSU:
      • Seasonic M12 600W Module PSU FTW
      • Case:
      • Lian Li PC-A7010B (the rolls royce of pc cases)
      • Operating System:
      • vista ultimate edition and windows xp
      • Monitor(s):
      • 22inch 2005FPW dell monitor
      • Internet:
      • 24mb BE There Broadband

    Re: GT5 stuff

    i think damage is just cosmetic online. i have crashed a lot and my car still ran fine.

    no option to select damage model either

  6. #149
    Easy Tiger!!!
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Waiting to be served
    Posts
    916
    Thanks
    8
    Thanked
    6 times in 6 posts

    Re: GT5 stuff

    Picked up a copy last night. Hopefully get online tonight

  7. #150
    seen, but not often heard
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Watford
    Posts
    318
    Thanks
    9
    Thanked
    14 times in 11 posts

    Re: GT5 stuff

    im far more impressed with GT5 now - since i unplugged the internets - no delays when loading
    The Karl Pilkington of Hexus

  8. #151
    Chillie in here j.o.s.h.1408's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    a place called home
    Posts
    8,544
    Thanks
    757
    Thanked
    256 times in 193 posts
    • j.o.s.h.1408's system
      • Motherboard:
      • ASUS P6T Delux
      • CPU:
      • Intel core i7 920 @ 3ghz
      • Memory:
      • 3GB DDR RAM
      • Storage:
      • 1TB Samsung F1, 500GB Seagate baracuda + 320gb Seagate PATA +150GB WD PATA
      • Graphics card(s):
      • EVGA 480GTX SC edition
      • PSU:
      • Seasonic M12 600W Module PSU FTW
      • Case:
      • Lian Li PC-A7010B (the rolls royce of pc cases)
      • Operating System:
      • vista ultimate edition and windows xp
      • Monitor(s):
      • 22inch 2005FPW dell monitor
      • Internet:
      • 24mb BE There Broadband

    Re: GT5 stuff

    the online functions where working like a dream last night

  9. #152
    seen, but not often heard
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Watford
    Posts
    318
    Thanks
    9
    Thanked
    14 times in 11 posts

    Re: GT5 stuff

    Quote Originally Posted by j.o.s.h.1408 View Post
    the online functions where working like a dream last night
    ill plug it back in tonight and hope for the best then....
    i was going to wait till sat for the patch, but what the hell - im feeling lucky
    The Karl Pilkington of Hexus

  10. #153
    Senior Member Andy3536's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Kent
    Posts
    2,355
    Thanks
    164
    Thanked
    194 times in 135 posts
    • Andy3536's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Gigabyte GA-880GMA
      • CPU:
      • AMD Phenom II X6 1055T 95w @3.8
      • Memory:
      • 4GB Corsair XMS3 1600MHz
      • Storage:
      • 1T WD
      • Graphics card(s):
      • ATI 4870
      • PSU:
      • Corsair 750
      • Case:
      • Antec P-182

    Re: GT5 stuff

    Quite enjoying this so far. There are a few grumbles though.

    My TV only does 1080i, and is a little on the old side. And GT looks like crap. ( If anything that's an understatment....)

    I don't like the PS3 controller for this, can't use the stick as throttle. It seems completly alien to me, and there seems to be all the throttle and brake control in about 20% of the movement on the triggers.
    The Nascar handling is a bit of a joke too, handle worse than the camper vans.
    On the whole though i'm quite ejoying it. It's just a bit unfortunate at the mo i've no room for my G25 in my room by the TV and i can't connect the PS3 to the PC monitor.
    Might have to upgrade the monitor in the near future to get GT in all it's full HD glory and make use of my wheel for it.

    Also, no Audi R15? My favorite car and it's not exactly brand new seen as they replaced it already. I guess the R15 or 15 plus will be downloadable content........
    Looks like most of the cars arn't for sale, must be given as prizes.

    BTW, i've read some people commenting on the damage model or lack of it. My understanding is that's only available past level 20 on the selected cars.

  11. #154
    Headless Chicken Terbinator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    7,654
    Thanks
    1,200
    Thanked
    724 times in 592 posts
    • Terbinator's system
      • Motherboard:
      • ASRock H61M
      • CPU:
      • Intel Xeon 1230-V3
      • Memory:
      • Geil Evo Corsa 2133/8GB
      • Storage:
      • M4 128GB, 2TB WD Red
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Gigabyte GTX Titan
      • PSU:
      • Corsair AX760i
      • Case:
      • Coolermaster 130
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 8.1 Pro
      • Monitor(s):
      • Dell Ultrasharp U2711H
      • Internet:
      • Virgin Media 60Mb.

    Re: GT5 stuff

    Quote Originally Posted by Andy3536 View Post
    Quite enjoying this so far. There are a few grumbles though.

    My TV only does 1080i, and is a little on the old side. And GT looks like crap. ( If anything that's an understatment....)

    I don't like the PS3 controller for this, can't use the stick as throttle. It seems completly alien to me, and there seems to be all the throttle and brake control in about 20% of the movement on the triggers.
    The Nascar handling is a bit of a joke too, handle worse than the camper vans.
    On the whole though i'm quite ejoying it. It's just a bit unfortunate at the mo i've no room for my G25 in my room by the TV and i can't connect the PS3 to the PC monitor.
    Might have to upgrade the monitor in the near future to get GT in all it's full HD glory and make use of my wheel for it.

    Also, no Audi R15? My favorite car and it's not exactly brand new seen as they replaced it already. I guess the R15 or 15 plus will be downloadable content........
    Looks like most of the cars arn't for sale, must be given as prizes.

    BTW, i've read some people commenting on the damage model or lack of it. My understanding is that's only available past level 20 on the selected cars.
    I don't getting a 1080p monitor will remedy your aesthetic problems TBH, it still doesn't look *that* good then. On the damage front, no on really seems to know. Some have said it comes at level X, Y, and Z, then Kaz has come out and said "it's coming at a later date".

    As per one of my original comments on the getting the game, you wonder what they've been doing for 5 years. My Bugatti looks like toss as well, I've seen cars with better models in GTA4.
    Kalniel: "Nice review Tarinder - would it be possible to get a picture of the case when the components are installed (with the side off obviously)?"
    CAT-THE-FIFTH: "The Antec 300 is a case which has an understated and clean appearance which many people like. Not everyone is into e-peen looking computers which look like a cross between the imagination of a hyperactive 10 year old and a Frog."
    TKPeters: "Off to AVForum better Deal - £20+Vat for Free Shipping @ Scan"
    for all intents it seems to be the same card minus some gays name on it and a shielded cover ? with OEM added to it - GoNz0.

  12. #155
    Previously modd1uk Cornholio's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    948
    Thanks
    22
    Thanked
    21 times in 21 posts

    Re: GT5 stuff

    Guys, i was thinking about buying a PS3 just for GT5, is it worth it ? Or will i be disappointed.

  13. #156
    WEEEEEEEEEEEEE! MadduckUK's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Lytham St. Annes
    Posts
    17,297
    Thanks
    653
    Thanked
    1,580 times in 1,006 posts
    • MadduckUK's system
      • Motherboard:
      • MSI B450M Mortar
      • CPU:
      • AMD Ryzen 5 3600
      • Memory:
      • 32GB 3200 DDR4
      • Storage:
      • 1x480GB SSD, 1x 2TB Hybrid, 1x 3TB Rust Spinner
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Radeon 5700XT
      • PSU:
      • Corsair TX750w
      • Case:
      • Phanteks Enthoo Evolv mATX
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10 x64
      • Monitor(s):
      • Samsung SJ55W, DELL S2409W
      • Internet:
      • Plusnet 80

    Re: GT5 stuff

    Quote Originally Posted by j.o.s.h.1408 View Post
    the online functions where working like a dream last night
    obviously your "accept friend request" wasn't
    Quote Originally Posted by Ephesians
    Do not be drunk with wine, which will ruin you, but be filled with the Spirit
    Vodka

  14. Received thanks from:

    Terbinator (26-11-2010)

  15. #157
    Chillie in here j.o.s.h.1408's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    a place called home
    Posts
    8,544
    Thanks
    757
    Thanked
    256 times in 193 posts
    • j.o.s.h.1408's system
      • Motherboard:
      • ASUS P6T Delux
      • CPU:
      • Intel core i7 920 @ 3ghz
      • Memory:
      • 3GB DDR RAM
      • Storage:
      • 1TB Samsung F1, 500GB Seagate baracuda + 320gb Seagate PATA +150GB WD PATA
      • Graphics card(s):
      • EVGA 480GTX SC edition
      • PSU:
      • Seasonic M12 600W Module PSU FTW
      • Case:
      • Lian Li PC-A7010B (the rolls royce of pc cases)
      • Operating System:
      • vista ultimate edition and windows xp
      • Monitor(s):
      • 22inch 2005FPW dell monitor
      • Internet:
      • 24mb BE There Broadband

    Re: GT5 stuff

    Quote Originally Posted by dshepsman View Post
    ill plug it back in tonight and hope for the best then....
    i was going to wait till sat for the patch, but what the hell - im feeling lucky
    The patch on saturday only enables some features for online and arcade mode such as car restrictions.

    Sony/pd are working on the servers daily and said how the main reason for slow menu's etc is because they underestimated the amount of concurrent users logged into gt5 to only half a million lol

  16. #158
    Senior Member Andy3536's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Kent
    Posts
    2,355
    Thanks
    164
    Thanked
    194 times in 135 posts
    • Andy3536's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Gigabyte GA-880GMA
      • CPU:
      • AMD Phenom II X6 1055T 95w @3.8
      • Memory:
      • 4GB Corsair XMS3 1600MHz
      • Storage:
      • 1T WD
      • Graphics card(s):
      • ATI 4870
      • PSU:
      • Corsair 750
      • Case:
      • Antec P-182

    Re: GT5 stuff

    Quote Originally Posted by Terbinator View Post
    I don't getting a 1080p monitor will remedy your aesthetic problems TBH, it still doesn't look *that* good then. On the damage front, no on really seems to know. Some have said it comes at level X, Y, and Z, then Kaz has come out and said "it's coming at a later date".

    As per one of my original comments on the getting the game, you wonder what they've been doing for 5 years. My Bugatti looks like toss as well, I've seen cars with better models in GTA4.
    Well, upgrading the monitor is as much about being able to use the G25 for the PS3.
    It can't look any worse than it does at the moment either.

    And it'll be a nice upgrade for the PC anyway.

    I've also just realised that adjusting the traction control and ABS needs to be done with every car. Was wondering why i didn't get more wheel spin from some cars after turing it off with another

    Also worked out where all the 1000 cars are, 300 of them are Nissan Skylines..........and around 150 Imprezas and Mitsubishi Evos....
    Last edited by Andy3536; 26-11-2010 at 03:05 PM.

  17. #159
    seen, but not often heard
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Watford
    Posts
    318
    Thanks
    9
    Thanked
    14 times in 11 posts

    Re: GT5 stuff

    Quote Originally Posted by Andy3536 View Post
    I've also just realised that adjusting the traction control and ABS needs to be done with every car. Was wondering why i didn't get more wheel spin from some cars after turing it off with another
    its a pain, isnt it? welcome to the world of Gran turismo


    Quote Originally Posted by Andy3536 View Post
    Also worked out where all the 1000 cars are, 300 of them are Nissan Skylines..........and around 150 Imprezas and Mitsubishi Evos....
    again, welcome to Gran Turismo....
    The Karl Pilkington of Hexus

  18. #160
    Gentoo Ricer
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Galway
    Posts
    11,048
    Thanks
    1,016
    Thanked
    944 times in 704 posts
    • aidanjt's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus Strix Z370-G
      • CPU:
      • Intel i7-8700K
      • Memory:
      • 2x8GB Corsiar LPX 3000C15
      • Storage:
      • 500GB Samsung 960 EVO
      • Graphics card(s):
      • EVGA GTX 970 SC ACX 2.0
      • PSU:
      • EVGA G3 750W
      • Case:
      • Fractal Design Define C Mini
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10 Pro
      • Monitor(s):
      • Asus MG279Q
      • Internet:
      • 240mbps Virgin Cable

    Re: GT5 stuff

    Quote Originally Posted by MadduckUK View Post
    there is, but i did it by accident guess its a combination of wheel buttons ut i have no idea what
    Yeah, I found it after posting.

    Other pet peves include, just about every menu takes at least 4 clicks to reach. And virtually every challenge in A-Spec needs its own bloody car. Bleh.
    Quote Originally Posted by Agent View Post
    ...every time Creative bring out a new card range their advertising makes it sound like they have discovered a way to insert a thousand Chuck Norris super dwarfs in your ears...

Page 10 of 19 FirstFirst ... 78910111213 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. New Stuff Coming Thoughts And Help Please
    By bigjonnyauk in forum PC Hardware and Components
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 12-05-2004, 12:26 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •