• j.o.s.h.1408's system
      • Motherboard:
      • ASUS P6T Delux
      • CPU:
      • Intel core i7 920 @ 3ghz
      • Memory:
      • 3GB DDR RAM
      • Storage:
      • 1TB Samsung F1, 500GB Seagate baracuda + 320gb Seagate PATA +150GB WD PATA
      • Graphics card(s):
      • EVGA 480GTX SC edition
      • PSU:
      • Seasonic M12 600W Module PSU FTW
      • Case:
      • Lian Li PC-A7010B (the rolls royce of pc cases)
      • Operating System:
      • vista ultimate edition and windows xp
      • Monitor(s):
      • 22inch 2005FPW dell monitor
      • Internet:
      • 24mb BE There Broadband

Re: Fifa 09 News!

howdy all. seeing as fifa is out this week. i am organising a fifa 10v10 online BAP team.

PM for more details if your interested. so far i got 16 players on our team. up to 50 can join

its PS3 only, guys

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Andy3536 View Post
    PC demo is bugging me, it looks better than the 360. But it just won't get the controls right, i'm trying to select RT on the 360 controller for sprint but it won't take it. I've tried a couple of other changes as well that wouldn't work. (just trying to get the controls on the 360 pad the same as it is on the 360)

Also despite having the 2 buttons the same lofted through ball works on the 360 and not on the PC demo, the ball just gets hoofed down the field?

The 360 demo was enjoyable, but tbh after that faults with the PC demo i'm even more enclined to wait to see what PES are doing. I don't want to pay that much more for the same game on the 360 as the PC version won't take the control inputs
    Got the same error, wouldnt allow me to edit all the buttons even though there was nothing else assigned to the chosen buttons

Gameplay is ok! IMO its alot more slicker than PES2008s crazy defenders, and generally the whole dippy team. I have no idea how the shot power is decided though. It takes no effort.. Just shoot and off it goes, purely luck if it goes in! I like the 1 vs all mode thing...Helps me to get over my childhood dreams of playing for Liverpool... But ill reserve my judgement till PES2009 comes out or a demo is released, as to which one is better.

Thanks
    • Andy3536's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Gigabyte GA-880GMA
      • CPU:
      • AMD Phenom II X6 1055T 95w @3.8
      • Memory:
      • 4GB Corsair XMS3 1600MHz
      • Storage:
      • 1T WD
      • Graphics card(s):
      • ATI 4870
      • PSU:
      • Corsair 750
      • Case:
      • Antec P-182

Quote Originally Posted by 360bhp View Post
    Got the same error, wouldnt allow me to edit all the buttons even though there was nothing else assigned to the chosen buttons

Gameplay is ok! IMO its alot more slicker than PES2008s crazy defenders, and generally the whole dippy team. I have no idea how the shot power is decided though. It takes no effort.. Just shoot and off it goes, purely luck if it goes in! I like the 1 vs all mode thing...Helps me to get over my childhood dreams of playing for Liverpool... But ill reserve my judgement till PES2009 comes out or a demo is released, as to which one is better.
    I know it's only a little thing but thats the button i've always used and it seriously bugged me. And when it's the defualt button for the 360 too.

Wrong thread i know but the PES 2009 demo is out tomorrow and the gameplay clips do look very interesting.

a scumbag, arghhhh
    Thanks

I've played a few games of FIFA 09 in stores today and it's fantastic, infact I had money put aside for a PC upgrade but now I'm thinking I might just buy a 360 especially with the price drop.

The PC demo is alright but just doesn't come close to the console versions, it's essentially the PS2 engine with a few coats of paint on it.

Can't see PES2009 getting close to FIFA 09, atleast not on the consoles, I mean i'd love it if it was better and the PC had the premier football game on it but it isn't going to happen.
    "The less you eat, drink and buy books; the less you go to the theatre, the dance hall, the public house; the less you think, love, theorise, sing, paint, fence, etc., the more you save – the greater becomes your treasure which neither moths nor rust will devour – your capital. The less you are, the less you express your own life, the more you have, the greater is your alienated life, the greater is the store of your estranged being." Karl Marx

Banned
    Thanks

I was sold on FIFA from the reviews until I played the 09 demo last night, now I'll wait to see what PES09 is like. FIFA isn't bad, but its still pretty much the same game I was playing against my cousin on the Xbox, and that was RTWC.

Ho hum.

a scumbag, arghhhh
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Stewart View Post
    I was sold on FIFA from the reviews until I played the 09 demo last night, now I'll wait to see what PES09 is like. FIFA isn't bad, but its still pretty much the same game I was playing against my cousin on the Xbox, and that was RTWC.

Ho hum.
    you think it's pretty much the same game as Road to the World Cup on Xbox? The only way you could think that is if you knew nothing of football or video games, seriously the FIFA franchise has came on massively in the past two years, before that I was a big Pro Evo fan.
    "The less you eat, drink and buy books; the less you go to the theatre, the dance hall, the public house; the less you think, love, theorise, sing, paint, fence, etc., the more you save – the greater becomes your treasure which neither moths nor rust will devour – your capital. The less you are, the less you express your own life, the more you have, the greater is your alienated life, the greater is the store of your estranged being." Karl Marx

Banned
    Thanks

Yes, I know nothing of football or video games. That's exactly right. Well done.

a scumbag, arghhhh
    Thanks

Yes, I know nothing of football or video games. That's exactly right. Well done.
    well to say FIFA 09 is basically the same as FIFA RTWC would suggest it, either that or you are on a wind up.

I mean if you said FIFA 09 was basically the same as FIFA 08 you'd be spot on, though it plays at a much smoother pace and has improved AI and player/ball physics.

Banned
    Thanks

I mean it still has issues with the game engine that were annoying then, and they are still annoying now. The pace still isn't right, its still not... exciting.

Still, I'm not interested enough in the game, or indeed you, to argue about it, nor wind anyone up on the subject. Feel free to argue with anyone else you can find though.

I'll wait for the PES demo.

xx

Thanks
    • JimmyBoy's system
      • Motherboard:
      • ASUS Maximus VI ROG Hero
      • CPU:
      • Intel i7 4770k @ 4.4ghz
      • Memory:
      • 8GB Corsair Vengeance Pro 2133mhz
      • Storage:
      • 250gb Samsung 840 SSD / 3tb Seagate / 1tb Western Digital
      • Graphics card(s):
      • HiS ATi Radeon HD 7950
      • PSU:
      • Coolermaster GX 650w
      • Case:
      • Bit Fenix Shinobi XL
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 8 Pro x64
      • Monitor(s):
      • 27" LG IPS277L-BN 1920x1080
      • Internet:
      • Virgin Media 120mb down 10mb up

grr i nearly got to get this today, i saw the woman at work in the warehouse counting our stock and usually before a games out i can nab one and risk the store getting a big fine by buying it early but now they're locked away til friday, must of figured me out

a scumbag, arghhhh
    Thanks

I mean it still has issues with the game engine that were annoying then, and they are still annoying now. The pace still isn't right, its still not... exciting.

Still, I'm not interested enough in the game, or indeed you, to argue about it, nor wind anyone up on the subject. Feel free to argue with anyone else you can find though.

I'll wait for the PES demo.

xx
    it's more realistic, the problem with the FIFA's of old was that they were silly arcadey goalathons but now FIFA's closer to a football sim and PES has turnt into a one dimensional football arcade game.

Banned
    Thanks

Well I've not played a PES game for donkeys years so I have no frame of reference, I'll just play it and see what its got compared to FIFA.

I can live with the lack of real names if its more fun.

a scumbag, arghhhh
    Thanks

Well I've not played a PES game for donkeys years so I have no frame of reference, I'll just play it and see what its got compared to FIFA.

I can live with the lack of real names if its more fun.
    I loved Pro Evo up until 2008, between PES2008 degenerating into run and shoot stupidity, lead poisoned goal keepers and defensive AI on a par with SuperSoccer and FIFA 08's excellence I was won over to FIFA.

Thanks
    • Andy3536's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Gigabyte GA-880GMA
      • CPU:
      • AMD Phenom II X6 1055T 95w @3.8
      • Memory:
      • 4GB Corsair XMS3 1600MHz
      • Storage:
      • 1T WD
      • Graphics card(s):
      • ATI 4870
      • PSU:
      • Corsair 750
      • Case:
      • Antec P-182

Quote Originally Posted by revol68 View Post
    it's more realistic, the problem with the FIFA's of old was that they were silly arcadey goalathons but now FIFA's closer to a football sim and PES has turnt into a one dimensional football arcade game.
    Eer, no. The genral problem you have is that your a fifa fan boy. There is no way you can make those kind of coments in your last few posts when the demo for PES hasn't been released yet.

The point is fifa has genrally been too slow to be enjoyable, yes it had the edge on realism but the quiker edge to PES made it a more enjoyable game (for many not all)
    Last year though Fifa did a better job than normal and PES did a worse job than normal. So this year with both promising big changes they should in theory both be excellent football games.
    As to which one is better, well most of us will play both and then decide

Fifa was a good football game but wanting the PC version due to the price there were a few annoyances so i'm waiting for PES demo to see if thats any better. ( shame really as the annoyance isn't actually with the gameplay)
    Really looking foward to see what the PES career is like as a single player too.
    I expect though by christmas i'll probobly have both on PC for less than the price of a single console version

a scumbag, arghhhh
    Thanks

A FIFA fan boy?

I spent years laughing a FIFA fan boy muppets because I thought Pro Evo was the far superior game of football, me and all my mates loved PES, and likewise me and both my mates have swtiched to FIFA because it is now the best football game on the market.

I mean does this sound like a FIFA fan boy?

I've played a few games of FIFA 09 in stores today and it's fantastic, infact I had money put aside for a PC upgrade but now I'm thinking I might just buy a 360 especially with the price drop.

The PC demo is alright but just doesn't come close to the console versions, it's essentially the PS2 engine with a few coats of paint on it.
    Can't see PES2009 getting close to FIFA 09, atleast not on the consoles, I mean i'd love it if it was better and the PC had the premier football game on it but it isn't going to happen.

Thanks
    • j.o.s.h.1408's system
      • Motherboard:
      • ASUS P6T Delux
      • CPU:
      • Intel core i7 920 @ 3ghz
      • Memory:
      • 3GB DDR RAM
      • Storage:
      • 1TB Samsung F1, 500GB Seagate baracuda + 320gb Seagate PATA +150GB WD PATA
      • Graphics card(s):
      • EVGA 480GTX SC edition
      • PSU:
      • Seasonic M12 600W Module PSU FTW
      • Case:
      • Lian Li PC-A7010B (the rolls royce of pc cases)
      • Operating System:
      • vista ultimate edition and windows xp
      • Monitor(s):
      • 22inch 2005FPW dell monitor
      • Internet:
      • 24mb BE There Broadband

Quote Originally Posted by Andy3536 View Post
    I know it's only a little thing but thats the button i've always used and it seriously bugged me. And when it's the defualt button for the 360 too.

Wrong thread i know but the PES 2009 demo is out tomorrow and the gameplay clips do look very interesting.
    pes demo is out now

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Thread Information