Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: dilema :(

Registered+
    Thanks

Re: dilema :(

well after a couple of months. i am still in the same company looking for a job but i have a new dliema here.

i have a interview with a very big company tomorrow and i have asked if i can do a half day but they simply refuse. the thing is that we have a new programer guy that just started a month ago and he could easily do some of my work for just a couple of hours if needed.

what shall i do? my only choice is to go off sick but that will be too bait and even a 4 year old child will know that im just chatting bollox.

i literely feel like quitting this job regardless if im unemployed or not but the thing is i need a job to sustain some of the bills i pay

Seething Cauldron of Hatred TheAnimus's Avatar
    Thanks

if they are taking the micheal, why shouldn't you? Pull a sickie. All they can do is not put you for pay rise / discressionary bonus etc.
    throw new ArgumentException (String, String, Exception)

Don't feed the trolls... tiggerai's Avatar
    Thanks
    • tiggerai's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Gigabyte MA770T-UD3P
      • CPU:
      • AMD PhenomII 955BE
      • Memory:
      • 4Gb Corsair XMS DDR3
      • Storage:
      • Lots
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Sapphire X1950XT
      • PSU:
      • Hiper Type-R 550w
      • Case:
      • Antec lovely black thing
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 7
      • Monitor(s):
      • 2x 20" widescreen
      • Internet:
      • Pipexpants

Also, if you know you've got 7 days notice of an interview, book a half day off or something...

I hate this part of finding a new job... ask the interviewer if they can do it after work or something - It worked for me, all of my interviews were 6pm.

Registered+
    Thanks

they dont even reward me for payrise etc. its obivous to me i have a bad rep on them now seeing as they ar eunhappy with me not showing enough comitment to the projects by staying in later them 6pm doing it.

it doesnt help when they are so dis organised in all the projects i do. aint companies suppose to follow a methodology? or is that all a myth and in the real world they just tell u do "make this" without any documentations, designs, planning etc?

Thanks
    • j.o.s.h.1408's system
      • Motherboard:
      • ASUS P6T Delux
      • CPU:
      • Intel core i7 920 @ 3ghz
      • Memory:
      • 3GB DDR RAM
      • Storage:
      • 1TB Samsung F1, 500GB Seagate baracuda + 320gb Seagate PATA +150GB WD PATA
      • Graphics card(s):
      • EVGA 480GTX SC edition
      • PSU:
      • Seasonic M12 600W Module PSU FTW
      • Case:
      • Lian Li PC-A7010B (the rolls royce of pc cases)
      • Operating System:
      • vista ultimate edition and windows xp
      • Monitor(s):
      • 22inch 2005FPW dell monitor
      • Internet:
      • 24mb BE There Broadband

mate that sounds terrible your company. put into the fact that your the only programmer guy there for most of the time and they expect miracles eh?

you have to make a decision. hand in your notice now and quit the job so that you can freely attend the interviews without any hassle. because lets assume you somehow go to this interview, they turn you down you apply again and get offered another interview. what are you going to do, keep going off sick every week? its obvious that they wont give u any time off so all you can do is go off sick to attend these interviews

it doesnt look good and they most probably sack you for that so i recon its better for you to resign now then to get sacked. yes its a risk as it may take you months getting a job but what other choices do you realy have? you have sufficient experience already so you should not have any trouble landing any potential interviews in the comming weeks/months

Thanks
    • directhex's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus ROG Strix B550-I Gaming
      • CPU:
      • Ryzen 5900x
      • Memory:
      • 64GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB
      • Storage:
      • 2TB Seagate Firecuda 520
      • Graphics card(s):
      • EVGA GeForce RTX 3080 XC3 Ultra
      • PSU:
      • EVGA SuperNOVA 850W G3
      • Case:
      • NZXT H210i
      • Operating System:
      • Ubuntu 20.04, Windows 10
      • Monitor(s):
      • LG 34GN850
      • Internet:
      • FIOS

quit.

right now, when they're nearing a deadline.

watch what happens. if they ask you to work notice, play solitaire.

Thanks

How important are you to the project? If you're the one who knows what's going on would it all fall apart if you were to leave?

If so then you're the one with the power to make demands, go in to your boss and make them.
    If not then I suppose you'll have to fall back on pulling a sickie, but it's not the most dignified way out.

Either way, you need to attend this interview and get out of there asap.
    It's easy to think in that sort of situation that you are stuck, but the sooner you ditch them the better.
    1.21 GIGAWATTS!!!!!

Registered+
    Thanks

well i dunno. i must be important for them not allow me to take a half day to begin with?

if i was to leave it wont necesarily fall apart. it will just take the other programer guy alot of time to complete and fully understand the work i have done so far.

i do have a feeling that they are grooming this guy to replace me because recently he has been doing alot of re doing my code that works already :S

i decided to re arrange the interview for tuesday the latest and take a sick day

Don't feed the trolls... tiggerai's Avatar
    Thanks
    • tiggerai's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Gigabyte MA770T-UD3P
      • CPU:
      • AMD PhenomII 955BE
      • Memory:
      • 4Gb Corsair XMS DDR3
      • Storage:
      • Lots
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Sapphire X1950XT
      • PSU:
      • Hiper Type-R 550w
      • Case:
      • Antec lovely black thing
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 7
      • Monitor(s):
      • 2x 20" widescreen
      • Internet:
      • Pipexpants

Good plan.

Good luck for it, I think we're all behind you (not literally as that would be a bit weird)!

Thanks
    • Lucio's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Gigabyte GA-970A-UD3P
      • CPU:
      • AMD FX-6350 with Cooler Master Seldon 240
      • Memory:
      • 2x4GB Corsair DDR3 Vengeance
      • Storage:
      • 128GB Toshiba, 2.5" SSD, 1TB WD Blue WD10EZEX, 500GB Seagate Baracuda 7200.11
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Sapphire R9 270X 4GB
      • PSU:
      • 600W Silverstone Strider SST-ST60F
      • Case:
      • Cooler Master HAF XB
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 8.1 64Bit
      • Monitor(s):
      • Samsung 2032BW, 1680 x 1050
      • Internet:
      • 16Mb Plusnet

Quote Originally Posted by shane_j View Post
    well i dunno. i must be important for them not allow me to take a half day to begin with?
    If you tell them it's for an interview, whilst they do not have to grant you a PAID half day holiday, they cannot prevent you from attending. I'm pretty sure this comes under a fairly old trade union type law.

However, don't expect to have a pleasent time at work after this! Most companies get really crappy with you shortly after and they'll pick up your constant mistakes and will be out to get you as much as they can without it becoming a hostile workplace...

(\___/) (\___/) (\___/) (\___/) (\___/) (\___/) (\___/)
    (='.'=) (='.'=) (='.'=) (='.'=) (='.'=) (='.'=) (='.'=)
    (")_(") (")_(") (")_(") (")_(") (")_(") (")_(") (")_(")

This is bunny and friends. He is fed up waiting for everyone to help him out, and decided to help himself instead!

Registered+
    Thanks

ahh man this place is realy taking the piss now. i think im just gunna quit now

i just got my payslip and they bloody deducted a days work for unpaid sickness! what the hell i was only sick for one day this month(attended an interview) and they diddnt pay me? in my contact when your sick you get paid sick leave.

this is the last straw and i've had enough

Welcome to stampytown! Salazaar's Avatar
    Thanks
    • Salazaar's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asrock B450m Steel Legend
      • CPU:
      • Ryzen 5 3600
      • Graphics card(s):
      • 5700 XT

Did they specify why they wouldn't pay for your sick day? By law you can sign yourself off for up to three consecutive days without the need for a GPs signature. Plus I believe (though you'd have to check this) that you're entitled to a certain number of days paid sick leave before they can start reducing your pay.

(Though technically claiming a day off for an interview as a sick day could constitute fraud...)
    ____
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

Registered+
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Salazaar View Post
    Did they specify why they wouldn't pay for your sick day? By law you can sign yourself off for up to three consecutive days without the need for a GPs signature. Plus I believe (though you'd have to check this) that you're entitled to a certain number of days paid sick leave before they can start reducing your pay.

(Though technically claiming a day off for an interview as a sick day could constitute fraud...)
    yes but they dont know that either way i have only been sick 3 times since i have been working here while i have asked other people who was sick this month and there salary is as normal.

what makes matters worse is that some people here literely take the piss in calling off sick and im one of the one that is always here. if we had an attendance book i would be one of the most reliable workers here

Thanks
    • Andy3536's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Gigabyte GA-880GMA
      • CPU:
      • AMD Phenom II X6 1055T 95w @3.8
      • Memory:
      • 4GB Corsair XMS3 1600MHz
      • Storage:
      • 1T WD
      • Graphics card(s):
      • ATI 4870
      • PSU:
      • Corsair 750
      • Case:
      • Antec P-182

You could always have a half day either morning or afternoon and say that you have an apiontment with your doc. If they ask why say it's personnal.

They can't sack you for having a day off sick, if they try mention 'law suit'

Registered+
    Thanks

it dont matter now guys because i have official quit this hell im in. i cant take it no more and decided to take a risk and quit before landing a job.

im not happy there anymore and its a waste of time for both me and the boss for me to stay any longer

Registered+
    Thanks

today things have got from bad to worse.

the sick leave i took once this month will not be paid at all with no reason. i then asked another manager and to my amazement this is what he said.

[10:43:38] Rico says: . You have to realise that this is a difficult situation for you and me. I have no problems with you and I don't intent to either. But let me make things clear.

I don't want to have to make you work out a full two months notice as thats what you signed. But I can. The fact is that the people that were all sick last week lost money as they did not bring in docs certificates.

Take some advice, keep your head down, don't diss anyone on skype. otherwise you will loose everything.
    If your skype chat record is delected or shows anything bad you will be asked to leave right now, and you will lose the money to the end of the month. I dont have time for dealing with this issue.

Also please dissconnect skype after this message, as you have abused the trust I showed in you.
    all the convo was done on skype as this is how we communicate here in our office. i first talked to our accountant guy who normaly deals with these things and obivously he told me i cant get the money back. i then asked why and the guy said no i cant ask why . i then spoke to our project manager guy called rico and above is the outcome of that conversation

i cant beleive this, they are abusing me here now ever since i handed in my notice. will print screens and copying the full convo be legit evidence to go and ask a solictor to help me sort this out?

i agreed with them that i will work till thursday end of the month so that i can get paid the full january but now i think i should just leave now today

Thread Information