Page 2 of 22 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast

Thread: Little issues that annoy the hell out of you

Thanks
    - club bouncers
    - crap films
    - miserable people

Thanks
    Hmmm - now you got me started....

- People in shop queues who insist on paying with a) Every last piece of change they've accumulated in the last decade, or b) A cheque for £1.47 or some stupid amount like that.
    - People using ATM machines that either can't understand simple messages (was standing behind someone for what seemed like 10 minutes while it flashed "take your card" and beeped continuously at them while they looked vacantly at it) or attempt to do all their banking at them, and then have a panic attack when they see their balance.
    - Drive throughs - not only do they insist on attempting to get your order wrong at least three times, but they all install these stupidly narrow and high speed humps designed to damage your car (how are you meant to speed in a road thats two inches wider than your car and has 90 degree turns anyhow)
    - Mothers in 4x4s who complained so much about their kids safety that my entire estate now is 20mph with speed humps everywhere - all of which the said same people ignore, cause they're driving their 4x4s.
    - People who have 21" monitors and run them at 640x480 (one of our works receptionist didn't realise that you could switch away and do something else without closing their mail app - I gave up trying to teach them)
    - Nappy/Panty Liner/Incontence pant adverts - OK I understand you need to advertise these things but does it have to be so long and always feature smiling women pooring blue liquid all over the place.
    - Car/Loan/Accident adverts - I thought Carol Vorderman was bad - but now they have Esther Ransom as well
    - Websense/Proxies/Etc - Used by many work places (including my own) as a replacement for good management. Just cause hassle.
    - Managers who get told a timeline, ignore it and make up their own which is half as long, and then get upset when it's not met

OK - thats enough angst for now
    Now go away before I taunt you a second time.

Thanks
    • steve threlfall's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Gigabyte Z77-D3H
      • CPU:
      • Core i5-3570K
      • Memory:
      • 8GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3
      • Storage:
      • Samsung 830 256
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Radeon HD6870
      • PSU:
      • Corsair HX750
      • Case:
      • Antec P280
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit
      • Monitor(s):
      • Dell 2407 WFP 24" Widescreen, Rev A04
      • Internet:
      • Virgin 120/12 mb
    People who pay for a drink/choclate bar with a £20note/debit/credit card ffs. People who let their toddlers hand over the money for what they have bought

People who put the money in their mouth, its bad when its kids /\ but adults...

The ignortant tarts who wont put the money in my hand and just dump it onto the counter- guess where your change is going scum

"Thats £3.42 then please" "Do you want the 42"

Do i want the 42? of course i fecking want the 42 otherwise it would be £3 and that isnt enough you dopey tard

Chavscum trying to buy sctrachcards and also threataning to "do me" becasue i wont sell them 18 rated superglue

I rate this thread five

ahem, feel better now

Thanks
    BMW drivers... nuff said.

The weather, raining on my days off, then half decent as soon as I go back to work.

Sky... Why is no programme synopsis available.. AGAIN?

Cigarettes... I KNOW there are going to kill me, but I keep on smoking 'em.

Lever arch files with bent arches... turn a page and it falls out.. then you have to go through the whole arse ache of putting the page back in... and forget about turning a whole bunch of pages at once.

Public toilets... I'd rather hit myself in the face with a brick than set foot in something so filthily smelly.

Alcohol... again, its going to KILL ME... but I keep on doing it.

Customers... the uptight self-righteous variety who seem to think that as you are there to serve them they have the right to treat you like dirt. Many a car has been keyed due to this.

People who park in disbaled spaces and use the excuse that they are going to be really quick.. Oh really, in that case, can you be as quick as it takes me to walk over there and stove your headlights in?

My printer... just print! Don't jam all the time!

People who use my printer, use up all my headed staitionary, then walk off and leave it when it jams.

People who force the lock on the cupboard the printer is in when I lock it to prevent the above happening.

The police... for helping to keep clocktower sniping illegal... even if I am only after the people who forced the lock on my printer cupboard.

Mothers who take their kids to a supermarket, bore them senseless for an hour and then shout at them when the kid gets fidgety cos its bored.

Teenagers... and by this I mean the cocky ones who reckon they're 'it'. Kneecap them and throw them in a river, its the only language they understand.

People who are ignorant through choice. If you don't know, at least make the effort to find out... if not, keep behind cover when passing any clocktowers.

Conversations that carry on even though you have finished... If I'm not talking, I've go nothing to say... now go away.

Limp handshakes. Who were your parents? A three day old lettuce leaf and a wilted stick of celery?
    Quote Originally Posted by Dareos View Post
    "OH OOOOHH oOOHHHHHHHOOHHHHHHH FILL ME WITH YOUR.... eeww not the stuff from the lab"

Thanks
    Drivers who don't thank you for giving way to them
    Totally!

BMW drivers... nuff said.
    Explain, please

Banned
    Thanks
    Ah, my speciality. I'll just do ten, as I might get carried away otherwise.

1) Text speak used in places other than a text message from mobile to mobile.

I'm sure we've all seen them on the various forums on the Internet, alas, even this forum is infested with monkeys typing like this - OMFG!11! did u see teh simsOns yesterday m8?!!?!1 it rox!1.

Seriously, how these people don't wince and immediately press the 'edit' button when they see the utter state of what they have just typed, is beyond me. These people say, when questioned 'well its not like im writing a letta 2 the queen is it?!!?111'.

Indeed not, but when does 'not writing a letter to the Queen' become 'Typing like a 5 year old, ignoring even the most basic rules of grammar'?

Again, I stress that I'm not talking about people who use a semi-colon when a comma would have done, or misspell the odd word (I can't spell to save my life), I'm talking about people who type entirely in lower case, without a single full stop, normally using one giant sentence. I would give examples from this forum, but let’s not get personal.

Just look at your post next time, just for a few seconds before hitting submit, and if it looks as if it was typed by a 5 year old, take a few seconds to do something about it. Too much to ask?

2) Political Correctness

Now, I don't mean PC as per the original concept of PC, which was 'lets all be nice to each other, and not judge people on the colour of their skin, age, sex, religious beliefs or anything'. I agree with that.

No, I'm talking about what PC has become, due to sandal wearing, lentil munching, Guardian reading, Liberal Democrat voting, middle-class lefties, coming up with more and more bizarre applications of PC.

Like the whole uproar a around Christmas time, when these members of the Loony Left start telling members of Parliment not to send Christmas Cards in case they 'offend members of ethnic minorities'. What really annoys me, is that no member of any ethnic minority is ever, has ever, or will ever, be offended by a Christmas card - it’s just these prats getting offended on their behalf.

They stick their noses into everything, looking for things which can be considered racist, if you try to twist the facts, and demand that something be done. It is, quite literally, Political Correctness gone mad.

3) Owls

By the holly Mother of the tiny baby Jesus, I hate's me an Owl.

4) Fat People Talking About Diets

Yes, fat people. Not very PC of me, I know, but see 2).

Of course, I don't hate them for being fat, I hate them for rolling out the same bullrubbishrubbishrubbishrubbish reasons why they are fat. Have you noticed that no-one is fat because they eat too much food and do too little exercise?

Oh no. Everyone is 'big boned'. Everyone has 'trouble with their glands'.

My arse.

The reason why 99.999999999% of fat people are fat is because they shove far too much grub down their fat, sweaty throats, and sit on their fat, ultra sweaty arse all day, watching rubbishrubbishrubbishrubbishe daytime TV (See 5), being fat, and continuing to be fat, moaning about how fat they are, whilst doing nothing to help them be less fat, and actually making themselves even more fat, the big fat, lazy, fat, greedy fat blobs!

I'm sure the Atkins diet is effective, but is it more effective than the 'Eat Less Food and Do More Exercise Fatty!' diet? I doubt it, as that one is tried and tested... and yes, even if you have trouble with your glands.

5) Daytime TV.

'And the people who watch it'.

Well, its rubbishrubbishrubbishrubbishe. Let’s get that out of the way, first and foremost.

Trisha, for instance; every show would appear to be about some scruffy Chav muppet, who is too thick to remember which SilkCut smoking, streaky-haired blonde he nobbed in the skip behind Aldi, and for some reason comes on TV to find out. Even more amazingly, people exist who will sit down and watch this crap.

Of course, the people who watch it are pretty much in the same mould as the people who go on it, but that’s no excuse. At least in America, home of the crap TV programme, they do things properly.

Yes its still crap, and yes, only nobs would watch it, but if you've going to be crap, be crap and have a fight on the show, between some bloke who has sex with horses whilst dressed as an Ewok, and a White supremacist who married his step-Daughter, and later found out it was actually an Ewok, or something.

Trisha is just watered down America bilge, and television for the very (and I do mean very) easily pleased.

6, 7, 8, 9 and 10 to follow later.
    Last edited by Stewart; 06-05-2004 at 12:04 PM.

Thanks
    Adverts with 'members of the public' saying why they use a particular product/service/well known evil telecommunications company

F***ing nonentity 5 years ago Big Brother people who've suddenly become fat staring at you from supermarket magazine stands

Fox News
    Knight 1: We are now no longer the Knights who say Ni.
    Knight 2: NI.
    Other Knights: Shh...
    Knight 1: We are now the Knights who say..."Ekki-Ekki-Ekki-Ekki-PTANG. Zoom-Boing. Z'nourrwringmm.

Thanks
    The fat thing is so true. They all make up excuses lolol. Learn to eat less imo

Thanks
    • Paul Adams's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus Maximus VIII
      • CPU:
      • Intel Core i7-6700K
      • Memory:
      • 16GB
      • Storage:
      • 2x250GB SSD / 500GB SSD / 2TB HDD
      • Graphics card(s):
      • nVidia GeForce GTX1080
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10 x64 Pro
      • Monitor(s):
      • Philips 40" 4K
      • Internet:
      • 500Mbps fiber
    People ringing me at home around dinner time trying to sell me something or asking me to take part in a survey.

People that stop to have a chat in supermarkets/the street and block the entire walkway but somehow are oblivious to everyone having to struggle past them.

Buying something relatively expensive and finding out it's half the price a week later.

People that use ATMs then have their card ejected after, say, getting a mini statement and then feed it straight back in to get cash out.

DVDs with adverts (or FBI warnings in 15 languages) at the beginning that you cannot skip (Disney are classic culprits for this).

Dog crap on the pavement (or rather the people that let them do it).

People that try to push into a queue of cars (e.g. a line of cars waiting to get on a slip road) about 25 yards before the last possible point by indicating and just forcing the nose of their car in front of you while driving ever so slowly.

People that drop litter in my front garden or cram empty beer cans into hedges along my street.

People that park on yellow lines and display their disabled badge directly opposite a car park with available disabled spots (just to avoid paying 35p for parking).
    ~ I have CDO. It's like OCD except the letters are in alphabetical order, as they should be. ~
    PC: Win10 x64 | Asus Maximus VIII | Core i7-6700K | 16GB DDR3 | 2x250GB SSD | 500GB SSD | 2TB SATA-300 | GeForce GTX1080
    Camera: Canon 60D | Sigma 10-20/4.0-5.6 | Canon 100/2.8 | Tamron 18-270/3.5-6.3

Thanks
    people who feed video sleeves through knackered little copiers with (no kidding) 1.6 million copies on the clock and then complain like complainy things in a being very disssatisfied competetition when we tell em the machine's not designed to do it AT ALL never mind with 1.6x10 to the 6 on em. and then charge them for the privelige of un-jamming the thing...

utter utter utter imbecelic morons...

Quote Originally Posted by The Quentos
    "My udder is growing. Quick pass me the parsely sauce." Said Oliver.

Thanks
    - The complete morons who slow down to look at an accident on the oppoiste side of the motorway. I will not be responsible for my actions if I ever see one.

Thanks
    • Howard's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus P5B
      • CPU:
      • Core2Duo E6420 2.13GHz
      • Memory:
      • 2x1gb OCZ DDR2 6400
      • Storage:
      • 250GB & 500GB Seagate
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Inno3d iChill 7900GS
      • PSU:
      • Antec SmartPower 500W
      • Case:
      • Coolermaster Elite 330
      • Monitor(s):
      • 2x AG Neovo F419
      • Internet:
      • Virgin Media 20mbit
    OH BOY has this thread jogged my memory!!

TELE-****ING-MARKETERS: :MAD: :KILL: ARGH IF I WANT A FRIGGING PRODUCT I WILL GO TO A SODDING SHOP AND CHUFFING WELL BUY IT!! I DON'T want you ringing me up at STUPID HOURS trying to SELL ME IT!! GET THE POINT???

Dogs, and to an extent their owners: I hate dogs. They're stupid, slobbery, ignorant creatures. Learn to rubbishrubbishrubbishrubbish somewhere that won't annoy people!! God damn lazy owners can't be bothered to clean it up half the time either!!

Loreal/other haircare adverts: Haircare my arse. As was said above, it's just shampoo!! The same Michael Douglas-sounding bloke for the voice over, and the out-of-sync American actress with THE MOST ANNOYING ACCENT EVER. ARGH

NTL's programme guide/now and next bar: It takes about FIVE SECONDS to respond to ANY press of the remote control. And my mum moans at me when I throw the remote on the floor in anger!!!

Websites that DON'T WORK...FOR NO FRIGGING REASON: They just SIT THERE and do nothing. HOW HARD IS IT FOR A GOD DAMN WEB SERVER TO SEND ME A SIMPLE FILE???
    And AWFULLY DESIGNED sites: www.odeon.co.uk is the WORST. That stupid flash menu thing that won't let you click it for about 5 seconds... ARgh...

This thread gets 10/10 for sheer brilliance!
    Home cinema: Toshiba 42XV555DB Full HD LCD | Onkyo TX-SR705 | NAD C352 | Monitor Audio Bronze B2 | Monitor Audio Bronze C | Monitor Audio Bronze BFX | Yamaha NSC120 | BK Monolith sub | Toshiba HD-EP35 HD-DVD | Samsung BD-P1400 BluRay Player | Pioneer DV-575 | Squeezebox3 | Virgin Media V+ Box
    PC: Asus P5B | Core2duo 2.13GHz | 2GB DDR2 PC6400 | Inno3d iChill 7900GS | Auzentech X-Plosion 7.1 | 250GB | 500GB | NEC DVDRW | Dual AG Neovo 19"
    HTPC: | Core2Duo E6420 2.13GHz | 2GB DDR2 | 250GBx2 | Radeon X1300 | Terratec Aureon 7.1 | Windows MCE 2005
    Laptop: 1.5GHz Centrino | 512MB | 60GB | 15" Wide TFT | Wifi | DVDRW

Thanks
    And the piece of equipment responsible for interfering with my digital TV signal at precisely 8pm every evening - I WILL find you and I WILL insert it into your owner.

Thanks
    People who click 'ok' on a message that pops up on their screen, then whinge at you for days when their PC stops working.

And those same people not even READING what the message said so they don't KNOW what they did in the first place.
    "OH OOOOHH oOOHHHHHHHOOHHHHHHH FILL ME WITH YOUR.... eeww not the stuff from the lab"

Thanks
    AND...

People who punctuate their sentences with 'you know' and 'like'.... If you're so sure I know, (which it appears you are as you've said 'you know' 25 times so far), why are you STILL flapping your gums at me?

Thanks
    have I opened a floodgate or something here?
    Recycling consultant

Page 2 of 22 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast

Thread Information