Page 31 of 36 FirstFirst ... 112128293031323334 ... LastLast

Thread: Why don't you buy from Scan?

Thanks
    If you are placing an order under 20.00 Ex Vat then no you will not receive free carriage if you place an order above £ 20.00 Ex Vat then yes you will receive free carriage. This issue has been discussed to exhaustion already and is very clear ( http://forums.hexus.net/showthread.php?t=72583 ). And to be honest why should we offer free carriage on order under £ 20.00 Ex VAT.?

Regarding delivery options and the Hexus community posting complimentary comments regarding Scan delivery being next day this would true to a certain extent as currently 95-96% of orders are shipped for next day. However this is not guaranteed never has been guaranteed and only estimated despatch dates are provided when an order is placed. So I am unsure e how anybody placing an order with Scan can be under the impression the despatch dates are guaranteed.?

The guaranteed next day delivery options were suggested as a service we offer and have never been included in Hexus free carriage. I suggested these only as a separate option and can be as little as an extra £ 5.00 + Vat carriage charge, which would also be a pre 12am delivery.

I can understand for order's under £ 20.00 + Vat carriage at the moment can be expensive, however this is an area we are currently looking into to try and reduce our carriage charges.

Regards

Thanks
    • XA04's system
      • Motherboard:
      • MSI X570-A Pro
      • CPU:
      • AMD Ryzen 5 3600
      • Memory:
      • Corsair 2x 8gb DDR 4 3200
      • Storage:
      • 1TB Serpent M.2 SSD & 4TB HDD
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Palit RTX 2060
      • PSU:
      • Antec Truepower 650W
      • Case:
      • Fractcal Meshify C
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10
      • Monitor(s):
      • iiyama 34" Curved UWQHD
      • Internet:
      • Virgin 100mb Fibre
    Quote Originally Posted by Enverex
    Delivery time. It normally seems to take 3 to 4 days before the item is even dispatched! (and I'm normally someone that likes to get things asap). The postage costs also seem unacceptably high (which is what I've heard from friends for as the reason they've never used Scan). Take eBuyer for instance. For a small wireless card it would cost £2.70 postage, with Scan is costs £7!! eBuyer's low priced delivery method is slow (i.e. ordering on Tuesday gets it there Friday) but Scan's is misleading. It claims next day delivery, but they wouldn't actually dispatch it until thursday anyway so you still only get it on Friday meaning you have paid nearly 3x the postage cost for the same delivery time. Hence why no-one I know uses Scan.
    Read my feedback I left for scan.

Bought from Scan.co.uk lots of times, always had incredibly good service and super fast delivery. Ordered a 1gb stick of RAM on 03/04/06 at about 5:30pm, and got it the next day at around 1pm-ish.
    That's under 24 hours for delivery.

Thanks
    • Steve A's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus Maximus Gene IV
      • CPU:
      • Core i7 2600K (4.3Ghz)
      • Memory:
      • 12Gb Corsair 1600
      • Storage:
      • 240Gb SSD + 6TB
      • Graphics card(s):
      • NVIDIA - GTX680
      • PSU:
      • 750W BeQuiet Pro GOLD
      • Case:
      • Corsair 500R White
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 8.1 Pro 64Bit
      • Monitor(s):
      • 27" Asus 3D Monitor
      • Internet:
      • 100Mb BT Fibre
    Glad you're so accepting of critisism and people that think there is more to this than a company just "being nice" as we all know that is never the reason.
    We accept any sort of feedback whether it be good or bad, and you are incorrect about the reasoning behind the free carriage, we wanted to give something back to the hexus community and that is what we are doing, so we are being "Nice" , there is no alterior motive of any kind, people can have there own views and reasoning behind it, but are the customers better off for free carriage ?? ....... yes

im sure you would agree that £7 in your sky rocket, feels better than it being in someone elses ...

Last edited by Steve A; 30-05-2006 at 11:30 AM.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve A
    im sure you would agree that £7 in your sky rocket, feels better than it being in someone elses ...

that £7 normally ends up in Scans pocket as i tend to spend more becuase of free carriage

ive been using Scan for months and months now and not had one problem at all - free delivery just sweetens the deal.
    Contrary to the odd name and translucent-grey color, Pocari Sweat does not taste like sweat
    Hardware:

Main PC
    - See 'My System'
    Server - Athlon XP 1700+, 1GB, 500GB HD
    Laptop - Compaq AMD Turion 64 X2, 60GB HD, 1GB
    Media Centre Shuttle - P4 3.0 Skt 775 Shuttle, 1GB, 120GB HD
    NAS - 400GB
    Home Entertainment - Xbox 360 with 37" HD LCD TV, Acoustic Energy Aegis EVO A speakers (5,1), Yamaha RXV359 AV reciever
    Media Centre II - X2 4000+, 1GB, 400Gb Vista Ultimate

Thanks
    • Enverex's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Gigabyte H77n-WiFi
      • CPU:
      • Intel i5-3570K with Scythe Shuriken
      • Memory:
      • 16GB Crucial Ballistix Tactical 1600Mhz
      • Storage:
      • Samsung 840 500GB SSD
      • Graphics card(s):
      • MSI GTX 670 2GB OC Power Edition
      • PSU:
      • EVGA SuperNOVA 550W G2
      • Case:
      • Silverstone Sugo SG11
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10 Pro 64bit
      • Monitor(s):
      • LG 42LW550T 42" TV
      • Internet:
      • BT Infinity
    Quote Originally Posted by XA04
    That's under 24 hours for delivery.
    Nothing I've ever ordered from Scan has arrived in less than 3 days (with the items in stock), so the question arrises, why do my orders always seem to have massive delays in dispatching where as yours apparently arrive next day?

We accept any sort of feedback whether it be good or bad, and you are incorrect about the reasoning behind the free carriage, we wanted to give something back to the hexus community and that is what we are doing, so we are being "Nice" , there is no alterior motive of any kind, people cant have there own views on reasoning behind it, but are the customers better off for free carriage ?? ....... yes
    Not entirely, as pointed out here. People tend to buy things they don't really need simply because of the free postage (either to reach the price or for the sake of it) so I think that Scan turns out to be the primary beneficiary here...

Anyway, my point was ignoring the fact of the free posting, this thread was started before the free shipping and that is what I am refering to. IGNORING THE FACT OF FREE SHIPPING. That is what my arguments were regarding, and don't say that doesn't count anymore because they do offer free shipping, they don't under lots of circumstance and I am stating why I and friends of mine don't considering neither I nor them qualify.

Thanks
    Anyway, my point was ignoring the fact of the free posting, this thread was started before the free shipping and that is what I am refering to.
    This thread was actually started at the same time as the Free Carriage offer came into effect

Thanks
    • Enverex's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Gigabyte H77n-WiFi
      • CPU:
      • Memory:
      • Storage:
      • Samsung 840 500GB SSD
      • Graphics card(s):
      • PSU:
      • EVGA SuperNOVA 550W G2
      • Case:
      • Silverstone Sugo SG11
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10 Pro 64bit
      • Monitor(s):
      • LG 42LW550T 42" TV
      • Internet:
      • BT Infinity
    That's wonderful, but I can see I'm not going to get anything other than Scan staff or asskissing zealots in this thread so I'm going to give up trying to answer the question the thread originally asked as apparently it was rhetorical.

Thanks
    • Steve A's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus Maximus Gene IV
      • CPU:
      • Core i7 2600K (4.3Ghz)
      • Memory:
      • 12Gb Corsair 1600
      • Storage:
      • 240Gb SSD + 6TB
      • Graphics card(s):
      • NVIDIA - GTX680
      • PSU:
      • 750W BeQuiet Pro GOLD
      • Case:
      • Corsair 500R White
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 8.1 Pro 64Bit
      • Monitor(s):
      • 27" Asus 3D Monitor
      • Internet:
      • 100Mb BT Fibre
    Not entirely, as pointed out here. People tend to buy things they don't really need simply because of the free postage (either to reach the price or for the sake of it) so I think that Scan turns out to be the primary beneficiary here...

Regardless, they still have £7+ in there pocket whether they spend a little extra or not ...

Thanks
    asskissing zealots.
    what reason would i have to ass lick Scan - im the one giving them money
    Contrary to the odd name and translucent-grey color, Pocari Sweat does not taste like sweat
    Hardware:

Main PC
    - See 'My System'
    NAS - 400GB
    Home Entertainment - Xbox 360 with 37" HD LCD TV, Acoustic Energy Aegis EVO A speakers (5,1), Yamaha RXV359 AV reciever

Banned
    Thanks
    Well, i have to have my say here.

Whenever i have ordered from Scan i have 99% of the time had it next day. Thier despatch is awesome. I have not come across another company with such a superb ordering, despatch and customer care package.

I have bought loads of things form Scan and cannot recommend them enough. I have also sent quite a few things back (As i build PC's) and that side of the business is also 1st class.

I would definitely not argue with the prices they charge for goods or delivery under £20. Also, just look at the fantastic free delivery you get when you spend over £20!! Awesome. And it is almost always delivered next day!!

Come on mate, give Scan a break. They are doing a great deal for us here, plus thier prices are very very competitive. I always look to Scan when ordering components. I do shop elsewhere too but Scan are top of my list.

Thanks
    Enverex

You have clearly had a particularly bad experience when ordering from Scan, all I can say is that we were not always at the same service levels we are currently operating at and we are the first to recognise this. In the past ( 1-2 Years ) we had many issues, which affected our service levels, which in-turn caused issues as you are explaining ( late deliveries) etc, however during this period we have implemented many new systems and procedures maximising our efficiency and our service levels bringing us to the level of performance we are currently operating at - 95-96% of orders despatched next day! Which is clearly a high achievement. ( Not to blow our own trumpets)

The changes made within Scan have clearly been successful and is shown in complimentary feedback we receive through Hexus and our own web site http://web6.scan.co.uk/theword/index.asp. Not that we are perfect as with all companies isolated problems occur, on the other hand when mistakes are made we quickly and effectively resolve any queries.

It's not so much the problem but the way you sort it that counts the most

All I can say is that you have not experienced the "New Scan" and please give us chance to redeem your confidence in Scan. You will not be disappointed

EDIT: If your issue is with a recent order pleae PM the invoice number and I will look the order details for you as from what I can see all order placed online by yourself have always been completed same day?.

Regards
    Last edited by Chris P; 30-05-2006 at 12:06 PM.

Thanks
    • Enverex's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Gigabyte H77n-WiFi
      • CPU:
      • Memory:
      • Storage:
      • Samsung 840 500GB SSD
      • Graphics card(s):
      • PSU:
      • EVGA SuperNOVA 550W G2
      • Case:
      • Silverstone Sugo SG11
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10 Pro 64bit
      • Monitor(s):
      • LG 42LW550T 42" TV
      • Internet:
      • BT Infinity
    Quote Originally Posted by Koolpc
    Well, i have to have my say here.

Whenever i have ordered from Scan i have 99% of the time had it next day. Thier despatch is awesome. I have not come across another company with such a superb ordering, despatch and customer care package.

I have bought loads of things form Scan and cannot recommend them enough. I have also sent quite a few things back (As i build PC's) and that side of the business is also 1st class.

I would definitely not argue with the prices they charge for goods or delivery under £20. Also, just look at the fantastic free delivery you get when you spend over £20!! Awesome. And it is almost always delivered next day!!

Come on mate, give Scan a break. They are doing a great deal for us here, plus thier prices are very very competitive. I always look to Scan when ordering components. I do shop elsewhere too but Scan are top of my list.
    Is everyone deaf? I'm refering to why I and others don't order from Scan WHEN WE DO NOT QUALIFY FOR FREE DELIVERY. That seems to be the only damn point people keep arguing over and over again ".. but but... but.. FREE DELIVERY!!!". And no, it's NOT delivered next day, NEVER HAS BEEN. I've ordered RAM, DVD-RWs and other assorted things, NEVER has it been next day or even the day after.

This thread was named "Why don't you buy from Scan?" not "Come here and kiss as much ass as possible, I mean, one thing that concerned me was one of KoolPCs posts in the Scan free postage rules thread which I thought sounded so... cheesy (over the top love for scan). I then did a check to see his previous posts and he has lots of posts that consist of purely comments like "Scan are awsome" "Scan are great, they are always bending over backwards to bring us such incredible deals" and the list goes on (check for yourself if you don't believe me). Hell, if Scan weren't already here in full force I'd assume it was Shilling.
    Last edited by Enverex; 30-05-2006 at 11:56 AM.

Thanks
    • Steve A's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus Maximus Gene IV
      • CPU:
      • Core i7 2600K (4.3Ghz)
      • Memory:
      • 12Gb Corsair 1600
      • Storage:
      • 240Gb SSD + 6TB
      • Graphics card(s):
      • NVIDIA - GTX680
      • PSU:
      • 750W BeQuiet Pro GOLD
      • Case:
      • Corsair 500R White
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 8.1 Pro 64Bit
      • Monitor(s):
      • 27" Asus 3D Monitor
      • Internet:
      • 100Mb BT Fibre
    As pointed out before, it has never been garanteed next day , although most orders are the delivery date is estimated, and 95% - 97% meet the estimated dispatch date, which is pretty good imo ... fair enough you may have had a bad experience, but there are many people who think we do a good job which is good to hear, but obviously we cant please everyone ...

Thanks
    you sure your not ordering from www.scanmalta.com

could explain the lengthy delivery time
    Hardware:

Main PC
    - See 'My System'
    NAS - 400GB

Thanks
    • Steve A's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus Maximus Gene IV
      • CPU:
      • Core i7 2600K (4.3Ghz)
      • Memory:
      • 12Gb Corsair 1600
      • Storage:
      • 240Gb SSD + 6TB
      • Graphics card(s):
      • NVIDIA - GTX680
      • PSU:
      • 750W BeQuiet Pro GOLD
      • Case:
      • Corsair 500R White
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 8.1 Pro 64Bit
      • Monitor(s):
      • 27" Asus 3D Monitor
      • Internet:
      • 100Mb BT Fibre
    Lol ^^^

Thanks
    Ordered a tonne of stuff from SCAN and ALL of it without fail has come next day (whether I was in or not is another thing)

The only reason I wouldn't buy from SCAN is if I wanted say a DFI board, or some RAM other than corsair...
    Check my project <<| Black3D |>>
    Quote Originally Posted by hexah
    Games are developed by teams of talented people and sometimes electronic arts

Page 31 of 36 FirstFirst ... 112128293031323334 ... LastLast

Thread Information