• Cheap and nasty
      • Operating System:
      • Vista 64
      • Monitor(s):
      • 24" LG LCD
      • Internet:
      • Virgin Media 20mb
    Originally posted by Trash Man
    They prolly would. They would then be able to catch someone committing a crime rather than just doing the necessary paperwork afterwards.
    But if they do the paperwork and actually manage to catch the burglar and prosecute him surley thats better than cautioning 3 kids and filling in 3 sets of paperwork for that.

Thanks
    • Trash Man's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus P8Z77-V LE Z77
      • CPU:
      • i5 2550k
      • Memory:
      • 8GB 1600 DDR3
      • Storage:
      • 1 x 128GB Crucial SSD 1 x 1TB Seagate
      • Graphics card(s):
      • 1.5GB 580 GTX
      • PSU:
      • Be Quiet 680W E9
      • Case:
      • CM 830 Stacker
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 7
      • Monitor(s):
      • Dell 2407 x 2
      • Internet:
      • 20mb IDNet ADSL
    Originally posted by Knoxville
    But if they do the paperwork and actually manage to catch the burglar and prosecute him surley thats better than cautioning 3 kids and filling in 3 sets of paperwork for that.
    Indeed it would, but catching the 3 kids makes there figures that month look better than catching no one.

I totally agree with you Knox, the police should prioritise and smoking weed should be way down on the list of things to be worrying about.

Living and dying laughing and crying
    Once you have seen it you will never be the same
    Life in the fast lane is just how it seems
    Hard and it is heavy dirty and mean

Where'd my avator go?
    Thanks
    What we need is less police bashing, and for the Government to provide more money to pay Coppers and decent wage to attract more Policemen and women, so out streets are safer. We don't have enough. THAT is the problem.

And yes, Knoxy, I've tried drugs. When I was 18-19 a few friends did ganja with regularity, and I did it a bit.

It was at the point where a few friends laughed, for around 3 hours at a packet of Jacob crackers, that I stopped it. I'm more than laughing at crackers.

I don't need it. As a release, as a form of enjoyment, something to escape from. A positive attitude, not gained from anything else other than me changing my outlook makes me a happier person.

I'm grrrrrreat.

Thanks
    • Knoxville's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Intel X58
      • CPU:
      • Intel i7 920
      • Memory:
      • 2GB DDR3
      • Storage:
      • 1TB
      • Graphics card(s):
      • ATi HD3450
      • PSU:
      • Generic
      • Case:
      • Cheap and nasty
      • Operating System:
      • Vista 64
      • Monitor(s):
      • 24" LG LCD
      • Internet:
      • Virgin Media 20mb
    only by criticising the police will people see whats wrong with them and realise it needs sorting.

well im glad you get along fine without it, just because you do doesn't mean everyone has the same outlook and state of mind as you and nor should they, if it makes people happy and doesn't harm anyone but themselves it shouldn't matter how stupid it seems to you.

Where'd my avator go?
    Thanks
    In your own home yes, but as I said at the very begining, I don't want to be scraping you off my bonnet.

I'm not saying I'm an ideal human, but you should look to survive without, instead of having to rely on it more and more.

Thanks
    • Knoxville's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Intel X58
      • CPU:
      • Intel i7 920
      • Memory:
      • 2GB DDR3
      • Storage:
      • 1TB
      • Graphics card(s):
      • ATi HD3450
      • PSU:
      • Generic
      • Case:
      • Cheap and nasty
      • Operating System:
      • Vista 64
      • Monitor(s):
      • 24" LG LCD
      • Internet:
      • Virgin Media 20mb
    your more likely to be scraping drunk people off your bonnet, stoned people are more concerned with the packet of crackers

it would indeed be great if we could all get along happily without, but unfortunatly its just life, people ae always gonna be stressed/unhappy.

Where'd my avator go?
    Thanks
    I'm going to make it my mission, damnit, to have e every last one of you miserable gits hugging trees before the year is out!

I'll even give you some crackers. It worked on my mates.

herbalist
    Thanks
    f*ck crackers, pizza and kebabs are where its at when you're stoned. pineapples are pretty damn funny to look at tho.
    Knox - the copper ambushed me, by walkin round the corner of the wall i was leanin back on from my bench. and i don't think the fat fool needed to come sniff it, twas rather a pokey one
    I've been up the pub again tonight, and recieved rather a lot of sympathy. i decided to turn down all the offered Rasta-Rollies.....best to keep away from them when i'm up there from now on metinks.
    to be perfectly honest, i much prefer the feeling i get from a nice fat joint than from havin a few beers. if i drink, it makes me feel uneasy and sick. if i'm battered, music takes me to whole new levels, TV is amazin and i can taste each ingredient in whatever i'm eating. i love it.
    weed can be taxed, just look at Amsterdam. the coppers i saw there were concentrating their efforts on gettin rid of the dealers of hard drugs and sortin out other crimes, while decent, gentle and unviolent cannabis smokers relax in cafes, free from street dealers and violence. its a utopia for me, i loved it so much when i went this summer, i plan to live there, just for the attitude of the people. i do believe 'tolerance' is the keyword (take note Maffu...).
    just because someone makes different choices in life what they put into their bodies does not make em an idiot, just different. you may choose to drink, fair enough, thats up to you. i just do things differently and i don't see why i should be criticised so harshly for this.
    fair enough, i got busted, but i do feel i got treated harshly. i was co-operative with the gimp who arrested me, i recon the assh*le was just tryin to get his arrest quota for the month or summat. i've just gotto sort things out with my parents now. my dad is treatin me like a different person, and mom..well, i dunno bout her.
    thanks again for the support, and a nice fat UP YOURS to the gimps who are against me. peace.

if war is the answer, then we are asking the wrong question
    2 things i hate the most - xenophobia and the french
    "chuffing"

Spirit of Vengeance
    Thanks
    Originally posted by not_your_punk
    where i was wasn't part of the pub, just in the car park behind it which aint anything to do with the pub.
    If t is part of the premises the landlord/lady could get in trouble over it. I live in a pub with my parents, and you always get the odd fool trying to smoke a joint thinking we cant smell it from the bar

They learn not to do it again once thier beer has gone flat because the room gets filled with Air Freshener

Thanks
    Originally posted by Maffu
    What we need is less police bashing, and for the Government to provide more money to pay Coppers and decent wage to attract more Policemen and women, so out streets are safer. We don't have enough. THAT is the problem.

And yes, Knoxy, I've tried drugs. When I was 18-19 a few friends did ganja with regularity, and I did it a bit.

It was at the point where a few friends laughed, for around 3 hours at a packet of Jacob crackers, that I stopped it. I'm more than laughing at crackers.

I don't need it. As a release, as a form of enjoyment, something to escape from. A positive attitude, not gained from anything else other than me changing my outlook makes me a happier person.
    Alright!!! At last something in this thread that actually make sense!

Police has one job to do - to uphold the law. They're not there to interpret the law, that's for the judges to decide and lawyers to argue about. Upholding the law means two things:
    - arresting people when they break the law, no matter serious or light the offense is;
    - lead by example - obey the law.

The police should not be put into a position where they need to weigh up the which bit of the law to uphold. The law is what it is, break it and you should expect trouble. It is as clear cut as it possibly can be.

Caution: Cape does not enable user to fly. - Batman costume warning label (Rolfe, John & Troob, Peter, Monkey Business (Swinging Through the Wall Street Jungle), 2000)

^-- I'm with stupid --^
    Thanks
    Originally posted by spikegifted

The police should not be put into a position where they need to weigh up the which bit of the law to uphold. The law is what it is, break it and you should expect trouble. It is as clear cut as it possibly can be.
    Totally agree with this, regardless of who you think you are, full-time criminal or not. Break the law, face the consequences!
    tom@meangasoline.co.uk | RIP Zoltan

Canon 350d | 50 F/1.8 Mk II | 70-200 F/4 L | 1Gb Sandisk Ultra III

Thanks
    The law is there because someone deemed certain things wrong in todays socitey!

If they reclassifyed drugs etc. Tobaco would end up in the CLASS A section, its actually more harmful for you than weed!

I think its unlucky that you got caught for such a minor thing although it is still breaking the law of which you face the concequences ... same with people who download music, they moan when the RIAA knock on there door and fine them but they did break the law and steal the music as good as walking into a shop and walking out wiht the CDs in hand!

G4 PowerMac - Tiger 10.4 - 512MB RAM
    MacBook - 2Ghz - 1GB RAM - 120GB HDD

Rotel RC970BX | DBX DriveRack |2x Rotel RB850
    B&W DM640i | Velodyne 1512

G4Z
    Thanks
    • G4Z's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Gigabyte GA 965P-DS3
      • CPU:
      • Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600
      • Memory:
      • 4gb DDR2 5300
      • Storage:
      • 2.5Tb
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Gigabyte HD4870 512mb
      • PSU:
      • Tagan 470W
      • Case:
      • Thermaltake Tsunami Dream
      • Operating System:
      • Vista 64bit
      • Monitor(s):
      • Dual Acer 24" TFT's
      • Internet:
      • 16mb sky ADSL2
    Well, we all know what the rules and we know what the score is, very true. but the fact is its really an individual choice and you cant enforce it in reallity because its up to the individual. Personally I dont think it should be up to the government to decide what I can and cant put in my own body.

How much decision making can we allow our goverenments to do for us?
    HEXUS FOLDING TEAM It's EASY

herbalist
    Thanks
    we live in a nanny state. i should be able to stick what the hell i want into my body, as long as no-one else is harmed. the government enjoys its control over us as it gets cash from our legal drugs of tobacco and alcohol. they only allow these to be used by people beacuse of the ease of control they can have over them. they are power freaks and capitalist ba*tards who only care of cash and power rather than human rights and people's feelings. it needs to stop.

p.s. sorry for the passionate rant, i just watched American History X for the 1st time and its got me rather fuelled up.

if war is the answer, then we are asking the wrong question
    2 things i hate the most - xenophobia and the french
    "chuffing"

Thanks
    Originally posted by unrealrocks
    If they reclassifyed drugs etc. Tobaco would end up in the CLASS A section, its actually more harmful for you than weed!
    Yes, I agree with that assessment. However, the same would also apply to alcohol. Additionally, alcohol has a strong link with anti-social behavior which may or may not be latent in the individual's personality, but it is often manifested in the state of drunkenness to a varying degree.
    Caution: Cape does not enable user to fly. - Batman costume warning label (Rolfe, John & Troob, Peter, Monkey Business (Swinging Through the Wall Street Jungle), 2000)

Thanks
    Originally posted by G4Z
    Well, we all know what the rules and we know what the score is, very true. but the fact is its really an individual choice and you cant enforce it in reallity because its up to the individual. Personally I dont think it should be up to the government to decide what I can and cant put in my own body.
    You do have a choice! If you'd so choose to, and if you have the money and know the sources, you can go and pick up pretty much any forms of narcotic you want to scramble your brain/body with. However, it is a question of personal responsibility. Keeping health aside, many addictive narcotics have anti-social phenomenal as a result of addiction.

We cannot allow people who go and commit burglary, robbery and other types of crime to fund their addictions. I know what you’re going to say next: “If the drugs are legalized, prices will come down and there’ll be less of a need to rob and kill for the money to pay for the drugs. Addicts can simply beg for the money.” That is true. However, many narcotics have long-term debilitating effect on the addicts - lost of concentration, lost of memory, lost of ability to work under pressure, unsociable behavior, etc. A large group of addicts will not be able to continue their employment to fund their addictions. However, human generosity only goes so far. If a drug addict come up to you to ask you for money to pay for his next ‘fix’, would you give him any of your hard-earned money?

With cheap narcotics, would people have the self-control to stop themselves from diving deeper and deeper into the hole that they dig for themselves?

The law is made to protect society from the effect of individuals taking drugs. The side effect is that the law also prohibits the society as a whole from making, selling and possessing harmful and/or additive drugs.

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast

Thread Information