• Antec P280
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit
      • Monitor(s):
      • Dell 2407 WFP 24" Widescreen, Rev A04
      • Internet:
      • Virgin 120/12 mb
    Originally posted by DaBeeeenster
    This is just not true. Pretty much everyone I am friends with is a recreational drug user. They all have excellent jobs yada yada yada.

The concept that taking drugs will screw up your life is completely wrong. Drugs tend to screw up your life if it is screwed up already. Millions of people in the UK do what notyourpunk did and get on with their day to day lives.

IMHO alcohol is FAR FAR FAR more dangerous than cannabis, and those members who have tried both will probably agree with me.
    yes i agree

Alcahol is so socailly acceptable that i feel we are practically encouraged to start drinking at a young age

Thanks
    Originally posted by G4Z
    what a load of bollocks mate, what do you know about it?
    I could carry on arguing but I've been involved in far too many cannabis debates on hexus before and after the reset, have a look in the thread in QT if you're interested on my views. TBH I don't care anymore, it's your body, do to it whatever you want and if you regret it later on it's your problem.

G4Z
    Thanks
    • G4Z's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Gigabyte GA 965P-DS3
      • CPU:
      • Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600
      • Memory:
      • 4gb DDR2 5300
      • Storage:
      • 2.5Tb
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Gigabyte HD4870 512mb
      • PSU:
      • Tagan 470W
      • Case:
      • Thermaltake Tsunami Dream
      • Operating System:
      • Vista 64bit
      • Monitor(s):
      • Dual Acer 24" TFT's
      • Internet:
      • 16mb sky ADSL2
    Im glad you see it that way. I wouldnt tell you what you should or should not do with your body, even if you want to start gutting chickens so you can masturbate with the entrails, honestly its up to you... I wouldnt have a word to say about it.

but seriously slick, you may think weed is a bad drug and its fair for you to say so, I just dont think you have the right to critisise the people the people who smoke it though, after all it is their decision.
    HEXUS FOLDING TEAM It's EASY

Thanks
    Originally posted by G4Z
    but seriously slick, you may think weed is a bad drug and its fair for you to say so, I just dont think you have the right to critisise the people the people who smoke it though, after all it is their decision.
    And while cannabis is an illegal/banned substance, the person smoking or in possession of the stuff is breaking the law. I guess Slick point is not so much whether the stuff is good or bad for the smoker - it's illegal.
    Caution: Cape does not enable user to fly. - Batman costume warning label (Rolfe, John & Troob, Peter, Monkey Business (Swinging Through the Wall Street Jungle), 2000)

Goat Boy
    Thanks
    Originally posted by Slick
    I could carry on arguing but I've been involved in far too many cannabis debates on hexus before and after the reset, have a look in the thread in QT if you're interested on my views. TBH I don't care anymore, it's your body, do to it whatever you want and if you regret it later on it's your problem.
    So you have changed your opinion?

I think what G4Z meant when he said "what do you know about it" was really asking whether you spoke from a position over and above the man on the street. I.e. if you were a doctor or a drugs councillor etc. etc.
    "All our beliefs are being challenged now, and rightfully so, they're stupid." - Bill Hicks

Goat Boy
    Thanks
    Originally posted by spikegifted
    And while cannabis is an illegal/banned substance, the person smoking or in possession of the stuff is breaking the law. I guess Slick point is not so much whether the stuff is good or bad for the smoker - it's illegal.
    I dont see the legal status of the drug to have anything to do with the argument.

If you have kids, and they ask "why should I not smoke weed" and you say "because it's illegal". Well, I dont that is going to have a great effect on them, you know? One could have a number of good reasons for not doing most things that are illegal, but using cannabis is not one of them. (The health argument is nugatory; cannabis can be ingested without the associated health risks normally assigned to the drug).
    "All our beliefs are being challenged now, and rightfully so, they're stupid." - Bill Hicks

Thanks
    I dont see the legal status of the drug to have anything to do with the argument.
    Well, I must have missed something here... If you remember, the whole reason for not_your_punk's problem with the police is that smoking and possession of cannabis is illegal in the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland.
    Caution: Cape does not enable user to fly. - Batman costume warning label (Rolfe, John & Troob, Peter, Monkey Business (Swinging Through the Wall Street Jungle), 2000)

Thanks
    • mt50's system
      • Motherboard:
      • asrock 945DVI
      • CPU:
      • E6300@2250mhz
      • Memory:
      • 2gig ram
      • Storage:
      • 120gig IDE(storage) 80GIG sata(os)
      • Graphics card(s):
      • 8600GT 256mb
      • PSU:
      • 380w antec
      • Case:
      • antec nsk4400
      • Monitor(s):
      • 15inc tft/19inch widescreen tft
      • Internet:
      • 20mm virgin
    my mate got caught with a 10th last night(according to the police but it was a joint short of an 8th) anyway he's 17 and all they did was take it of him and throw it down the grid, and ask him about his brother(he's wanted by the police) so around here the police don't realy care much

Thanks
    So you have changed your opinion?
    I haven't changed my opinion about the drug, as I type this I am basically the only person on my floor who isn't outside smoking joints atm, I still don't intend to do it again and am still against it's legalisation. I'm just sick of getting flamed by cannabis users because I'm opposed to it.

herbalist
    Thanks
    I'm just sick of getting flamed by cannabis users because I'm opposed to it.
    its cos we are so used to puttin flames to things

if war is the answer, then we are asking the wrong question
    2 things i hate the most - xenophobia and the french
    "chuffing"

Thanks
    Hey sorry to hear about your problem but hey, iam 22 my mom caught me with a ounce of weed a bong and a pipe when i was 17 she flipped but she forgot about it or got over it quickly and i got caught shop lifting when i was 15 she smack the rubbishrubbishrubbishrubbish out of me but got over it soon enough even caught me having sex.. oops! point is they are you parents and are not perfect my any strech they were just shocked. It sucks now but dont worry about it. you cant go back in time and you cant make them not mad only time will correct that. Weed is no big deal! i dont care what any one says. I use to smoke ALOT but i always had a good job and took care of my stuff. Drinking is far worse for your body then smoking a joint! worse thing that weed could do is lower you sperm count, but when your 17 who wants a high sperm count anyway
    Last edited by evildoc614; 15-10-2003 at 01:43 AM.

Thanks
    Yay
    Another "its ok to smoke weed"... "no its not" threads.

Havnt we been here 5..6.. ? times allready ?
    Quote Originally Posted by Saracen View Post
    And by trying to force me to like small pants, they've alienated me.

Thanks
    Originally posted by evildoc614
    Hey sorry to hear about your problem but hey, iam 22 my mom caught me with a ounce of weed a bong and a pipe when i was 17 she flipped but she forgot about it or got over it quickly and i got caught shop lifting when i was 15 she smack the rubbishrubbishrubbishrubbish out of me but got over it soon enough even caught me having sex.. oops! point is they are you parents and are not perfect my any strech they were just shocked. It sucks now but dont worry about it. you cant go back in time and you cant make them not mad only time will correct that. Weed is no big deal! i dont care what any one says. I use to smoke ALOT but i always had a good job and took care of my stuff. Drinking is far worse for your body then smoking a joint! worse thing that weed could do is lower you sperm count, but when your 17 who wants a high sperm count anyway
    Whether you or anyone else thinks it is 'ok' to smoke weed is not the point here. The point is that possession and smoking of weed is illegal in this country. This is that simple. If you want to smoke weed legally, the nearest place you can go is Holland. If you want to smoke weed all the time legally, go and live in Amsterdam. If you so want to remain in this country you have to respect the law of the land and act in accordance to how it dictate you should act. Don't tell me that this is unfair. If it is so unfair, you should campaign to have it legalized. If the MPs don't want to make it legal, you can try and get some other MPs into Parliament. Until it is legal to have and smoke weed in the UK, you run of risk of breaking the law and being arrested for it if you act in contravention to the law. Simple.

G4Z
    Thanks
    • G4Z's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Gigabyte GA 965P-DS3
      • CPU:
      • Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600
      • Memory:
      • 4gb DDR2 5300
      • Storage:
      • 2.5Tb
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Gigabyte HD4870 512mb
      • PSU:
      • Tagan 470W
      • Case:
      • Thermaltake Tsunami Dream
      • Operating System:
      • Vista 64bit
      • Monitor(s):
      • Dual Acer 24" TFT's
      • Internet:
      • 16mb sky ADSL2
    well, we all know its against the law spike, but if you think about it why do we have laws?

Id say the main reason for law is to protect our society and stop people hurting others. thing is I just dont see what threat weed smokers pose, Most just sit in their own homes getting stoned with there mates, most users do not get out of there tree on weed and go smashing up town centres on a friday night.

yes he broke the law, but I think its a law that a very sizeable minority (majority maybe?) disagree with. The only way we can challange that law is to break it, (remember the poll tax, fuel tax? the lengths people went to to get the government to turn around?) if the people disagree with the government they dont have much of a voice, so they just smoke the weed anyway.
    HEXUS FOLDING TEAM It's EASY

Goat Boy
    Thanks
    I haven't changed my opinion about the drug, as I type this I am basically the only person on my floor who isn't outside smoking joints atm, I still don't intend to do it again and am still against it's legalisation. I'm just sick of getting flamed by cannabis users because I'm opposed to it.
    Mate, I think the only reason people flame you is because your posts can be a little antagonistic with respect to cannabis users. Sometimes your posts come across as if cannabis use is the root of all evil in the UK, when everyone knows that the root of all evil in the UK is people drinking 9 pints of Stella...

One skin, two skin......
    Thanks
    Originally posted by not_your_punk
    f*ck crackers, pizza and kebabs are where its at when you're stoned. pineapples are pretty damn funny to look at tho.
    Knox - the copper ambushed me, by walkin round the corner of the wall i was leanin back on from my bench. and i don't think the fat fool needed to come sniff it, twas rather a pokey one
    I've been up the pub again tonight, and recieved rather a lot of sympathy. i decided to turn down all the offered Rasta-Rollies.....best to keep away from them when i'm up there from now on metinks.
    to be perfectly honest, i much prefer the feeling i get from a nice fat joint than from havin a few beers. if i drink, it makes me feel uneasy and sick. if i'm battered, music takes me to whole new levels, TV is amazin and i can taste each ingredient in whatever i'm eating. i love it.
    weed can be taxed, just look at Amsterdam. the coppers i saw there were concentrating their efforts on gettin rid of the dealers of hard drugs and sortin out other crimes, while decent, gentle and unviolent cannabis smokers relax in cafes, free from street dealers and violence. its a utopia for me, i loved it so much when i went this summer, i plan to live there, just for the attitude of the people. i do believe 'tolerance' is the keyword (take note Maffu...).
    just because someone makes different choices in life what they put into their bodies does not make em an idiot, just different. you may choose to drink, fair enough, thats up to you. i just do things differently and i don't see why i should be criticised so harshly for this.
    fair enough, i got busted, but i do feel i got treated harshly. i was co-operative with the gimp who arrested me, i recon the assh*le was just tryin to get his arrest quota for the month or summat. i've just gotto sort things out with my parents now. my dad is treatin me like a different person, and mom..well, i dunno bout her.
    thanks again for the support, and a nice fat UP YOURS to the gimps who are against me. peace.

Typical selfish attitude of a drug user! It's all 'me, me, ME!'

I've seen it before and have no doubt I'll see it again.

Drugs do cause harm society, either directly or indirectly.

You need to buck your ideas up. You are still a minor. If cannabis were legal, you would still be breaking the law by smoking it, as the age to use it would be 18. You can't change the government because you can't vote. And the reason you can't vote is that it is seen that minors can not make a reasoned judgement on who is best in power. You display evidence of this. For your own selfish purpose, you would vote for the legalise cannabis party blindly, without actually viewing their (more than likely) extreme left wing liberal views.

Stop the 'I wanna do this, I wanna do that!' behaviour and start trying to sort things out with your parents.

Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 567891011 LastLast

Thread Information