• Allen's system
      • Motherboard:
      • ASUS Maximus VIII Gene
      • CPU:
      • Intel Core i5 6600K
      • Memory:
      • 2 x 8GB Kingston HyperX Predator DDR4-3000
      • Storage:
      • 256GB Samsung 950 PRO NVMe M.2 (OS) + 2 x 512GB Samsung 960 EVO in RAID 0 (Games)
      • Graphics card(s):
      • ASUS ROG Strix GeForce GTX 1080 Ti OC
      • PSU:
      • XFX P1-650X-NLG9 XXX 650W Modular
      • Case:
      • Fractal Design Node 804
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10 Home 64-bit
      • Monitor(s):
      • 27" BenQ XL2730Z + 23" Dell U2311H
      • Internet:
      • Virgin Media 200Mbps
    Quote Originally Posted by Knoxville
    True, there are some posts in this thread that are coming very close to personal insults. I've just made a valid argument there without having to * out words and without insulting anyone. You guys need to calm down before you reply.
    Yeah, well I'm sorry about that, but I felt those personal insults against me were totally uncalled for. I admit my reaction was just as bad and uncalled for though.

Tumble's Rear Gunner
    Thanks
    Then i would suggest that you and the others that seem to be raging in this thread, find a better way of expressing yourselfs in your posts because you arent discussing anything just making personal comments back and forth.... this is question time, not argument time!

South Barrule from Cringle Plantation (with a Landy )

Thanks
    • Allen's system
      • Motherboard:
      • ASUS Maximus VIII Gene
      • CPU:
      • Intel Core i5 6600K
      • Memory:
      • Storage:
      • 256GB Samsung 950 PRO NVMe M.2 (OS) + 2 x 512GB Samsung 960 EVO in RAID 0 (Games)
      • Graphics card(s):
      • PSU:
      • Case:
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10 Home 64-bit
      • Monitor(s):
      • Internet:
      • Virgin Media 200Mbps
    No need, coz I won't be posting in any more of these dodgy threads. I've already posted my thoughts about them in the HEXUS.net Suggestion/Input/Feedback forum...

I only seem to get my ass kicked for being legal about things anyway. Don't wanna end up being another 3Dfx!

Thanks
    • Zak33's system
      • Storage:
      • Kingston HyperX SSD, Hitachi 1Tb
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Nvidia 1050
      • PSU:
      • Coolermaster 800w
      • Case:
      • Silverstone Fortress FT01
      • Operating System:
      • Win10
      • Internet:
      • Zen FTC uber speedy
    Search kids......I'm 100% behind it. I'm 33....I had my school bag searched a few times when stationery got nicked....I had the arse...I was innocent, but I did it. I look back now and I think "If my photocopy paper got nicked I'd be mad, I'd searchpeople too"

No kid can go into school with a bottle of Scotch......and if they did.....drop on them like a ton of bricks. Respect from younger people is at an all time low for authority........you gotta scare kids sometimes....you gotta drop everything on them.....it teaches then respect. You might scare them, some will take it badly. But LIFE IS FULL OF IT...learn it at school, you gotta learn summit there.

A few will take umbrage (sp?) but if you take a cross section of people, and ask them ANYTHING or do anything to them, some will take umbrage, even if the others all agree..its what makes us human.

Kids should NOT have any stuff with them at school except school stuff and their food. No cigs, no drugs, no booze.....none of it. If they needmedication, the Nurse/Matron keeps it and administers it (exluding inhalers and such like)

I have no objection to being searched on the way into night club, and I PAY to go in there....so why would a school kid take offense at random checks to see if they are carrying any illegal substance? I fail to see why PARENTS would object too.

Quote Originally Posted by Advice Trinity by Knoxville
    "The second you aren't paying attention to the tool you're using, it will take your fingers from you. It does not know sympathy." |
    "If you don't gaffer it, it will gaffer you" | "Belt and braces"

Tumble's Rear Gunner
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Big_Al
    No need, coz I won't be posting in any more of these dodgy threads. I've already posted my thoughts about them in the HEXUS.net Suggestion/Input/Feedback forum...

I only seem to get my ass kicked for being legal about things anyway. Don't wanna end up being another 3Dfx!
    Now your just being silly, cannot you not have a discussion without letting your personal feelings get in the way? Sure they are what form your opinions and even if you are feeling mad, dont let it show or just dont post So are you gonna avoid every thread that looks like there could be an argument in it, or is something that u have a personal view on?

Thanks
    • DeludedGuy's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Gigabyte H87M-HD3
      • CPU:
      • Core i5 4440
      • Memory:
      • 8GB DDR3 1800mhz
      • Storage:
      • 250GB Samsung 840 SSD
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Gigabyte R9 270 OC 2GB
      • PSU:
      • BeQuiet Pure Power L8 600w
      • Case:
      • Silverstone TJ08-E
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 7
      • Monitor(s):
      • 24" Dell U2414H
      • Internet:
      • 75Mb BT Infinity
    Quote Originally Posted by Knoxville
    You say that only smokers speak about the plus sides of smoking..........How is anyone but a smoker able to comment on the positive affects of smoking???, someone who has never smoked a spliff in they're life is in no way qualified imo to speak out on how it affects your state of mind based on anything but stereotypes or past experience. In my experience smoking normal ciggarettes does calm me down, and its not only me that has noticed this, im now more chilled out than i was and not as quick to anger.

Deluded, you speak of there being two kinds of stoner, i have never met a violent stoner, ever stop to think that maybe they were under the influence of something more than cannabis? How many of you that see kids on street corners know EXACTLY what they have taken/drunk? In my experience drunk scallies are far more violent and abusive than those who've just had a spliff. The two drugs have very different effects.
    There are no plus sides to smoking drugs, please, don’t give me that BS about it calming your nerves. For 6 years I helped my mother stop smoking, she always said it used to calm her nerves, and now she hasn’t smoked a cigarette for 5 months and she doesn’t need cigs for anything.

You know nothing about me, you don’t know what I have and haven’t smoked, so before you jump to your conclusions about me, let me tell you that I have smoked cannabis before, and I don’t mean on just one occasion.

Its very easy to tell the difference between someone who is stoned and someone who is drunk, I don’t know how hard that must be for you, but for me I can tell instantly. I’ve spent my entire life surrounded by drunks and stoners.

You say you have never met a violent stoner, that’s good for you m8, but if you want to meet some, let me know, come and visit the area around me. I will gladly point you in the right direction.

G4Z
    Thanks
    • G4Z's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Gigabyte GA 965P-DS3
      • CPU:
      • Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600
      • Memory:
      • 4gb DDR2 5300
      • Storage:
      • 2.5Tb
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Gigabyte HD4870 512mb
      • PSU:
      • Tagan 470W
      • Case:
      • Thermaltake Tsunami Dream
      • Operating System:
      • Vista 64bit
      • Monitor(s):
      • Dual Acer 24" TFT's
      • Internet:
      • 16mb sky ADSL2
    well, I have to say im against it, I just dont feel like its warrented and it is an invasion of privacy. I think young people are entitled to the same levels of privacy as an adult (dont agree with testing at work either). as far as I can see, unlesss it's a problem in school then the school has nowt to do with it. I think a much better idea would be to offer free drug testing for parents who think their kid may have a problem. but many kids experiment with drugs and most will never have a problem with it, so why give them a criminal record when they otherwise would have just moved on and lived a normal life.

I myself have taken loads of drugs and dont feel it has had a negaitve effect on me. I go to work every day and pay my taxes, in my free time I like to get stoned and somethimes a little more , wheres the problem with that? I dont rob people and I dont sponge of the state.

also what is this gonna do really except cause family strife? most kids are gonna try cannabis and that is a class C so they are not gonna be prosecuted now are they? so what will happen instead is that your just gonna cause chaos for a family when there wasnt nessecarily a problem.
    HEXUS FOLDING TEAM It's EASY

Thanks
    • DeludedGuy's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Gigabyte H87M-HD3
      • CPU:
      • Core i5 4440
      • Memory:
      • 8GB DDR3 1800mhz
      • Storage:
      • 250GB Samsung 840 SSD
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Gigabyte R9 270 OC 2GB
      • PSU:
      • Case:
      • Silverstone TJ08-E
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 7
      • Monitor(s):
      • 24" Dell U2414H
      • Internet:
      • 75Mb BT Infinity
    Quote Originally Posted by G4Z
    well, I have to say im against it, I just dont feel like its warrented and it is an invasion of privacy. I think young people are entitled to the same levels of privacy as an adult (dont agree with testing at work either).
    I believe the whole point of this, is because young people are NOT adults, they do not have the same rights as adults. If a 14 year old is smoking drugs, its only right that there parents are informed, so that the child’s parents can help their child.

Honestly, who here has any children? And those who have children would you like to see your son or daughter smoking drugs?

I’m only 18, but I still look back at some of the stupid silly stuff I did just a few years ago, I believe wisdom comes with age.

Thanks
    I have to agree with Zaks post 100%

Now we musn't search Tarquins' bag for fear of violating his human rights, we must take great care in restraining Tarquin when he tries to knife Jeremy in the playground as we don't want to commit assault. We must allow Tarquin to partake in any politically-orientated protest even during school hours as we don't want to infringe on his right to protest.

Damn - I was too late getting to the school yard, now Jeremy's dead Tarquin can't be named because he's a child, hence he didn't know what he was doing , he's only a child after all (but he's still entitled to all the rights of an adult though)

What about ' Fine - search my bag, i've got nothing to hide'

?

Thanks
    • Allen's system
      • Motherboard:
      • ASUS Maximus VIII Gene
      • CPU:
      • Intel Core i5 6600K
      • Memory:
      • Storage:
      • Graphics card(s):
      • PSU:
      • Case:
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10 Home 64-bit
      • Monitor(s):
      • Internet:
      • Virgin Media 200Mbps
    Quote Originally Posted by lynni
    Now your just being silly, cannot you not have a discussion without letting your personal feelings get in the way? Sure they are what form your opinions and even if you are feeling mad, dont let it show or just dont post So are you gonna avoid every thread that looks like there could be an argument in it, or is something that u have a personal view on?
    As you said though, this is a discussion forum. My own opinions come from my own experiences and things that I see and are therefore more realistic than what is in the papers/news/internet. Yet what I posted was classed as absurd by someone who doesn't seem to have posted anything about personal experience, just what he reads in books and get from government statistics and then goes on to pick on every little tiny mistake I make...

That doesn't sound like a discussion to me.

Then I get flamed by a druggy who suggests all I do is sit on my arse behind my computer just moaning about life! Well, I'm sorry, but how biased can an opinion be?? He had no idea I've used cannabis before, I've helped my friend through some tough stages in his life trying to get off drugs (which started with, yes, cannabis) and also has no idea what it's like in this area with the problems we have with youths/children. He's a college boy himself yet thinks he has the right to slag me off the way he did publicly and get away with it, and you think I'm being silly for not wanting to bother bringing my opinions to this forum now?

Tumble's Rear Gunner
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Big_Al
    As you said though, this is a discussion forum. My own opinions come from my own experiences and things that I see and are therefore more realistic than what is in the papers/news/internet. Yet what I posted was classed as absurd by someone who doesn't seem to have posted anything about personal experience, just what he reads in books and get from government statistics and then goes on to pick on every little tiny mistake I make...

That doesn't sound like a discussion to me.

Then I get flamed by a druggy who suggests all I do is sit on my arse behind my computer just moaning about life! Well, I'm sorry, but how biased can an opinion be?? He had no idea I've used cannabis before, I've helped my friend through some tough stages in his life trying to get off drugs (which started with, yes, cannabis) and also has no idea what it's like in this area with the problems we have with youths/children. He's a college boy himself yet thinks he has the right to slag me off the way he did publicly and get away with it, and you think I'm being silly for not wanting to bother bringing my opinions to this forum now?
    No i think your being silly, because you and the others arent having a discussion your just all argueing... if this was a discussion then would all these tempers be flaring? zak, ski and the others are discussing without letting their personal opinions interfere and even if they have no experience with drugs, you still have an opinion

Thanks
    • DeludedGuy's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Gigabyte H87M-HD3
      • CPU:
      • Core i5 4440
      • Memory:
      • 8GB DDR3 1800mhz
      • Storage:
      • 250GB Samsung 840 SSD
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Gigabyte R9 270 OC 2GB
      • PSU:
      • Case:
      • Silverstone TJ08-E
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 7
      • Monitor(s):
      • 24" Dell U2414H
      • Internet:
      • 75Mb BT Infinity
    I couldnt agree more with what Big Al just said.

Everything I say is my opinion, and my opinions are formed from experiences.

G4Z
    Thanks
    • G4Z's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Gigabyte GA 965P-DS3
      • CPU:
      • Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600
      • Memory:
      • 4gb DDR2 5300
      • Storage:
      • 2.5Tb
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Gigabyte HD4870 512mb
      • PSU:
      • Tagan 470W
      • Case:
      • Thermaltake Tsunami Dream
      • Operating System:
      • Vista 64bit
      • Monitor(s):
      • Dual Acer 24" TFT's
      • Internet:
      • 16mb sky ADSL2
    well, I didnt say that they are entitled to the same rights as adults, I said they were entitled to the same level of privacy. I do not include searches in this, I was searched a few times at school, no problem. but I think that "random" drug testing is wrong. if a kid comes to school drunk or caned, then of course inform parents and whatever else, by all means but if they are just testing randomly I fail to see how this is gonna help anyone. In my opinion shool kids probably get drunk a lot more than take drugs (probably the majority have gotten drunk at least once) underage drinking is illegal but I dont see tony cracking down on that because it doesnt make headlines. but lets face it these kids standing round street corners destroying bus stops and phone boxs, they are all drunk arnt they? so why arent they testing for alcohol?
    HEXUS FOLDING TEAM It's EASY

Tumble's Rear Gunner
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by DeludedGuy
    I couldnt agree more with what Big Al just said.

Everything I say is my opinion, and my opinions are formed from experiences.
    And u can have a discussion without having an argument.... some people react too quickly here on hexus, and theres others who im sure get a kick out of winding someone up to the point of boiling rage

Thanks
    • floppybootstomp's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus P8Z68-V Pro
      • CPU:
      • i7 Sandybridge Quad Core 3.4Ghz
      • Memory:
      • 8Gb DDR3
      • Storage:
      • Corsair 128Gb SSD; 1Tb for games; 500Gb for data
      • Graphics card(s):
      • EVGA Nvidia 1Gb GTX 560
      • PSU:
      • Corsair Modular 620W
      • Case:
      • Antech 900 Gamers Case
      • Operating System:
      • Win 7 Home Premium 64 Bit
      • Monitor(s):
      • Ben Q EW2730V 27"
      • Internet:
      • Zen as ISP; Linksys Wireless Router; 4 machine network
    Random drug testing of children in schools? Maybe. I'm about 60/40 against. Violation of civil liberties, in my book. I wouldn't let my kids be tested for drugs. And I'd rather my kids had a quiet toke than get rat-arsed drunk, honestly. Apart from the actual smoking (tar, nicotine and all the other bad stuff) side of it.

In my opinion, goverment statistics are a complete crock. It's what is going down outside your front door that counts. I was raised in what I've since realised is supposed to be a 'rough' area of SE London, Greenwich/Charlton/Woolwich and Catford/Downham/Lewisham. Not too far from Deluded Guy, actually, in SW London. I'd say it's maybe a little rougher over his way, not sure, but I've walked a fair way after coming out of Brixton Academy to get home by Public Transport, it's not so bad.

In fact, it's not too bad round here, really, I walk the streets at night. Sure, rubbishrubbishrubbishrubbish goes down, but doesn't it everywhere?

As far as random drug testing in schools is concerned, I'd rather the powers that be spent their resources on aprehending the pushers and locking them up for a very long time. If I had my way, anybody who sells drugs to children would be up against the wall. And by children, I mean anybody under 16.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by DeludedGuy
    There are no plus sides to smoking drugs, please, don’t give me that BS about it calming your nerves. For 6 years I helped my mother stop smoking, she always said it used to calm her nerves, and now she hasn’t smoked a cigarette for 5 months and she doesn’t need cigs for anything.
    Right, so the fact that it doesn't make any difference to your mother means that everyone else is talking BS does it? Right, well by that logic, I've never got violent when stoned, so that means that everyone who says that stoners can get violent is talking BS too. Glad we got that settled.

BTW mate, you're here arguing against drug use and in favour of prohibition, and yet your custom user text is the name of a movie drug dealer. Consistent moral standpoint there.

Rich :¬)

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread Information