• SilverStone FT03B
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10 Pro 64bit
      • Monitor(s):
      • DELL U2711H
      • Internet:
      • SKY Fibre Unlimited

Re: Scan sent faulty GPU, refusing to refund in full

Please be aware the original delivery charge levied is non-refundable. Also please be aware that the SCAN2HEXUS free shipping promotion is only available once the required criteria has been met, more information about this can be found on this and this link

I will request that an additional refund of £10 further to the full refund already provided for the card itself is processed towards your return shipping costs and we have also already extended an offer of free delivery for the alternative card you wish to purchase via ourselves.

Regards

2. Received thanks from:

Disturbedguy (03-06-2015),gupsterg (03-06-2015),KeyboardDemon (02-06-2015),rallfo (03-06-2015)

Registered+
    Thanks
    • rallfo's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus TUF X99 Sabertooth
      • CPU:
      • Intel Core i7 5820K
      • Memory:
      • 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3000MHz
      • Storage:
      • SSD RAID 0 - 2 x Crucial MX100
      • Graphics card(s):
      • MSI GTX 980 Gaming 4G
      • PSU:
      • 850w Seasonic S12D-850
      • Case:
      • Antec Twelve Hundred V3
      • Operating System:
      • Win7x64 Pro
      • Monitor(s):
      • Dell u2715h 1440p 27"
      • Internet:
      • 74Mbit down / 18Mbit up / 5ms

So it's been a week - I haven't received any refund or info about it.

I do request the full £19.19 the return to you actually cost (see the invoice in my PM or the label on the parcel itself).

It's simply not possible to ship a £450 item properly insured for £10! Even your own DPD delivery charge was more (£11.50), and those are high-volume business rates.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark@SCAN View Post
    This could all have been avoided if originally you had reported the fault rather than to request the return of the goods as unwanted. In the event that a fault is reported a collection would have been offered via either UPS or DPD at SCAN's expense.
    On 20/5, I did describe the fault to Gareth (freezing, instability and crashing during benchmarks) during the phonecall in which he actually raised the RMA number. This is how you ended up logging the fact the card needed stability testing in the first place.

So clearly I did give the important information that the card was faulty - if the RMA was incorrectly recorded in your system that was despite what I said. Mistakes and miscommunications inevitably happen sometimes.

I simply followed the procedure I was advised, in good faith, and purchased the return shipping myself from DPD.

My email two days earlier (which went unanswered anyway) was simply so there was a message dated within the 7 day no-quibble returns window. It was not until the day before I called that I got to test the card in a different system with a known working motherboard & PSU and conclude 100% that the card had a hardware fault.

HEXUS.social member Disturbedguy's Avatar
    Thanks
    • Disturbedguy's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus Rog Strix Z370-H Gaming
      • CPU:
      • i7 8700K
      • Memory:
      • 16GB Corsair something or other
      • Storage:
      • 1 x Samsung 960 EVO (250GB) 1 x Samsung 850 EVO (500GB)
      • Graphics card(s):
      • GTX 1080Ti
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 7 Ultimate
      • Monitor(s):
      • 32inch Samsung TV
      • Internet:
      • Crap

Quote Originally Posted by rallfo View Post
    On 20/5, I did describe the fault to Gareth (freezing, instability and crashing during benchmarks) during the phonecall in which he actually raised the RMA number. This is how you ended up logging the fact the card needed stability testing in the first place.

My email two days earlier (which went unanswered anyway) was simply so there was a message dated within the 7 day no-quibble returns window. It was not until the day before I called that I got to test the card in a different system with a known working motherboard & PSU and conclude 100% that the card had a hardware fault.
    Your INITIAL request for RMA was for an unwanted item, not a fault so your initial RMA request was NOT for a fault it was because you didn't want it, you have said so yourself in the above. Why should SCAN foot the bill for your carriage because YOU originally requested the RMA for a different reason?
    Quote Originally Posted by TAKTAK View Post
    It didn't fall off, it merely became insufficient at it's purpose and got a bit droopy...

Registered+
    Thanks
    • rallfo's system
      • Motherboard:
      • CPU:
      • Intel Core i7 5820K
      • Memory:
      • Storage:
      • Graphics card(s):
      • MSI GTX 980 Gaming 4G
      • PSU:
      • 850w Seasonic S12D-850
      • Case:
      • Operating System:
      • Win7x64 Pro
      • Monitor(s):
      • Dell u2715h 1440p 27"
      • Internet:

Quote Originally Posted by Disturbedguy View Post
    Your INITIAL request for RMA was for an unwanted item, not a fault so your initial RMA request was NOT for a fault it was because you didn't want it, you have said so yourself in the above. Why should SCAN foot the bill for your carriage because YOU originally requested the RMA for a different reason?
    Who are you and why are you continuing to post in this thread? Please let scan respond.

Mark said above he accepts the card itself was faulty and unusable and on that basis was willing to try and resolve matters. So I don't understand what you personally gain from trying to undermine a fellow customer's inquiry.

I notice you post consistently in support of scan, against the customer, in multiple threads. I am sure readers of this thread can come to their own conclusions about your agenda. You're also not doing Scan any favours in trying to effectively deal with customer service issues.
    Last edited by rallfo; 09-06-2015 at 07:33 PM.

HEXUS.social member Disturbedguy's Avatar
    Thanks
    • Disturbedguy's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus Rog Strix Z370-H Gaming
      • CPU:
      • i7 8700K
      • Memory:
      • 16GB Corsair something or other
      • Storage:
      • 1 x Samsung 960 EVO (250GB) 1 x Samsung 850 EVO (500GB)
      • Graphics card(s):
      • GTX 1080Ti
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 7 Ultimate
      • Monitor(s):
      • 32inch Samsung TV
      • Internet:
      • Crap

Quote Originally Posted by rallfo View Post
    Who are you and why are you continuing to post in this thread? Please let scan respond.

Mark said above he accepts the card itself was faulty and unusable and on that basis was willing to try and resolve matters. So I don't understand what you personally gain from trying to undermine a fellow customer's inquiry.

I notice you post consistently in support of scan, against the customer, in multiple threads. I am sure readers of this thread can come to their own conclusions about your agenda. You're also not doing Scan any favours in trying to effectively deal with customer service issues.
    If you don't want people to reply, post in the after sales support section, that's what it's for, no other members are allowed to post in threads posted in there, so kindly step off you high horse.

Yup, Mark did say acknowledge there was a fault, but what you fail to acknowledge is that you ORIGINALLY requested an RMA based on the fact you no longer wanted the card.

I post where I feel and within the rules of the forums, I'm not a SCAN employee and I don't try to do anything. If I have bad experiences with SCAN (which I have btw) then I complain, but I do it in private where I generally get the problem resolved quicker.

Not trying to deal with SCANS customer services issues, I'm also not breaking any rules.

Carry on though, I enjoy it when people get on high horses.
    Quote Originally Posted by TAKTAK View Post
    It didn't fall off, it merely became insufficient at it's purpose and got a bit droopy...

Thanks

Rallfo, ask for this thread to be moved to after-sales then no one else but you and Scan can comment on it mate.
    Jon

8. Received thanks from:

rallfo (10-06-2015)

Registered+
    Thanks
    • rallfo's system
      • Motherboard:
      • CPU:
      • Intel Core i7 5820K
      • Memory:
      • Storage:
      • Graphics card(s):
      • MSI GTX 980 Gaming 4G
      • PSU:
      • 850w Seasonic S12D-850
      • Case:
      • Operating System:
      • Win7x64 Pro
      • Monitor(s):
      • Dell u2715h 1440p 27"
      • Internet:

@Disturbedguy: My latest post was clearly addressed to Mark, in direct response to the fact I'm yet to receive the refund he mentioned. Is your name Mark?

It's not your RMA, you don't work for Scan and you've not posted anything that will help resolve matters here, quite the contrary. This thread is not an invitation for an argument about matters that don't involve you and what you think Scan ought to do. I am sure Mark and the team at Scan are fully competent and capable of posting themselves.

But they must be really grateful for your consistent "help" in all their threads. You know, the ones like this where you provide nothing in the way of actual technical or practical advice on the issues themselves, but just weigh in and try to undermine or attack their customers

I AM very grateful for those who did post constructively in this thread in response to my initial question and to Mark and the team at Scan. I hope we can work to a resolution where I continue to be a happy customer of Scan, as I have been since my first order in 2010.

EDIT: Further to Jon's suggestion please could this thread be moved to the relevant forum. It's a shame one disruptive person should mean others can't give constructive input, but that's how it is apparently.

Scan Computers Technical/Returns Mark@SCAN's Avatar
    Thanks
    • Mark@SCAN's system
      • Motherboard:
      • ASUS MAXIMUS VII GENE Z97
      • CPU:
      • i7 4790k @ 4.7ghz
      • Memory:
      • Corsair Vengeance 16GB DDR3 2400MHz
      • Storage:
      • 1x 512GB Samsung SM951 NVME & 1x 4TB WD Caviar Black
      • Graphics card(s):
      • MSI GTX 980
      • PSU:
      • Silverstone SST-ST75F-G Strider 750w
      • Case:
      • SilverStone FT03B
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10 Pro 64bit
      • Monitor(s):
      • DELL U2711H
      • Internet:
      • SKY Fibre Unlimited

Thread moved @ the request of the OP

I will chase up the refund towards your postage costs as agreed previously and drop you an e-mail with the credit number when this has been processed.

Regards

11. Received thanks from:

rallfo (10-06-2015)

Registered+
    Thanks
    • rallfo's system
      • Motherboard:
      • CPU:
      • Intel Core i7 5820K
      • Memory:
      • Storage:
      • Graphics card(s):
      • MSI GTX 980 Gaming 4G
      • PSU:
      • 850w Seasonic S12D-850
      • Case:
      • Operating System:
      • Win7x64 Pro
      • Monitor(s):
      • Dell u2715h 1440p 27"
      • Internet:

Thanks Mark, received the email.

So now I'm being directly harassed via private messages by that same disruptive person who just won't take no for an answer. Keeps going on about horses

Having antagonistic crazy people stalking your threads and harassing your customers isn't great. So if there's anything you or the admins can do, that'd be appreciated as well.

Thread Information