• Internet:
      • BT Home

Another Delayed Order...

Quote Originally Posted by email
    ***This is an automated email. Please do not reply***

Invoice Number: 000E
    Account Name: xxxxxxxxx

Thank you for your order from Scan.

Please regard this email as a notification of delay in your order due to unexpected volumesin our warehouse. Please rest assured your custom is greatly valued and we will process your order with the utmost urgency. Your order has still been booked for a next working day delivery from the point of despatch and we will send further emails to confirm this.

Should you require any further information or assistance please log a query using our online Customer Support service. Alternatively, you can contact our delivery support team on 0870-755-4747.

We apologise for the delay and thank you for your patience.
    This really is taking the biscuit, including this one, it makes the last 2 orders delayed. As well as numerous others, mainly due to stock discrepancies.

If you can't deal with the volumes why take orders. I understand that there are clauses on the orders regarding the dispatch dates and that they are only for estimates. But this really does make myself look like a fool, countless times orders have been delayed (probably > 50&#37 and most times I get stuff my friends want (to add to teh order etc). Even though I rave about the great CS, for consistently delayed packages it is ridiculous! My mates think I'm an idiot to keep returning to you, and they now tend to go elsewhere when they want their orders on a specific date due to the unreliability they have seen through me when I make orders.

I know I am not your biggest customer, nor is this the largest order ~ £65 but to say I have spent a fair few quid through you and this happens constantly. Sure enough aftersales and CS is good, but it's all a bit too late if the order is delayed, time after time Biggest pain as so many people comment on is that the emails go out around 7/8pm way too late for anything to be done, whether it is a small item that has caused an order to be delayed, or due to the lack of foresight that you can't get the order out. I thought this new warehouse of yours was supposed to erradicate such problems?

Sorry guys, but I will be thinking twice next time.

Regards

Ian
    Last edited by Mossy; 10-10-2007 at 01:35 PM. Reason: inv removed
    Mac fancier > white macbook base spec .................. CS: muddyfirebang

Unidentified Frying Object
    Thanks
    • BigFatCat's system
      • Motherboard:
      • IP35-E
      • CPU:
      • E4400@3Ghz
      • Memory:
      • 4GB Ballistix PC6400, 2.0v
      • Storage:
      • 80 and 320GB WD
      • Graphics card(s):
      • 512MB 8800GT, Rivatuner O/C
      • PSU:
      • Corsair HX620
      • Case:
      • Thermaltake Xaser III
      • Operating System:
      • Win 7 Ultimate 64
      • Monitor(s):
      • Viewsonic VP2330wb and Benq FP737s
      • Internet:
      • Newnet 24Mb ADSL

Re: Another Delayed Order...

I'm waiting on some new bits too, delay notice delivered on Monday, for an anticipated Tuesday delivery. No further updates and my account also shows nothing happening thus far.

Whilst I appreciate that demand is variable, and we benefit from keen pricing, I am starting to see Scan as someone you may not expect goods from in a hurry, or on a next day basis.

Let's hope the backlog clears soon and we can benefit from some happy shopping experiences.

Registered+
    Thanks
    • wither2000's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Abit IP35E
      • CPU:
      • E4500 @ 2.8ghz
      • Memory:
      • 2gb crucial ballistix 6400
      • Storage:
      • Samgsung spinpoint 250gb
      • Graphics card(s):
      • 8800GTS
      • PSU:
      • Corsair 520W
      • Case:
      • Antec Sonata II
      • Monitor(s):
      • Samsung 913n

Same here - Ordered Thursday, delivery predicted for tuesday then delayed. Seems the warehouse is overloaded. Maybe scan should add a day or two to the predictions and then people would be happy when it was perhaps a day early. After all delivery inside a week of order isn't that bad, but its the broken 'promise' which upsets and makes people feel bitter, when customer service, prices and the rest are all as good as any.

HEXUS.social member
    Thanks

Ordered Monday and got the same email (complete with typo!) yesterday. Can't complain at all. It's free and all my previous orders have been on time (even early once!). Might start to get a bit miffed it takes over a week, but I don't think that's likely. At least they've let me know there will be a delay, which is better than some places...

If you have too much stuff in your warehouse, I'm more than happy to look after some of it. You know, like the 8800 Ultras or Intel QX6850s! Just until you get back on your feet....

Thanks
    • BigFatCat's system
      • Motherboard:
      • IP35-E
      • CPU:
      • E4400@3Ghz
      • Memory:
      • Storage:
      • 80 and 320GB WD
      • Graphics card(s):
      • PSU:
      • Corsair HX620
      • Case:
      • Thermaltake Xaser III
      • Operating System:
      • Win 7 Ultimate 64
      • Monitor(s):
      • Internet:
      • Newnet 24Mb ADSL

Yes, quad core me up :-) Just to make more space for you.

Thanks

Hi muddyfox470,

I do appreciate what you're saying and I can see that you originally requested delivery on 10/10/2007, which meant we would have had to ship it on the 9th for it to get there on time. However, it was delayed 1 day due to the volumes we had in the warehouse. We are experiencing a large backlog at the moment, due to a massive expansion and restructuring project of our warehouse coupled with an unusually and unexpectedly high volume of sales for this time of year. Despite the major disruptions of the building work and the additional pressure from the massive increase in volumes, I can assure you that our picking team is working as efficiently as possible to clear through the backlog of orders and we are doing our best to get people's order to them on their Requested Delivery Dates.

Whilst I do appreciate that it has been a real disappointment and that you waited in for the delivery, even though it was delayed by 1 day, I would also respectfully suggest that, to be fair on the picking team they did send you an email on the evening of the 9th, which informed you in advance that there would be a delay. The reason why we send these emails is to prevent the very situation that you were in, ie waiting for a delivery that isn't going to be there. We do say in all our correspondence, and on every delivery related page on the website it does ask customers to keep a close eye on their emails, and it also does stress that the delivery dates we give are estimates, not guarantees. I'm not saying any of this to be pedantic, just to explain to you in the hope that you can try to see from our point of view what has happened here and understand our system better for any future orders I hope you have with us, so that we never have this situation again. I could certainly understand your point if we actually advertised your delivery date as a guarantee, and we never emailed you to confirm that it was delayed, and indeed we emailed you to confirm it had been despatched. If that was the case then you would most certainly have a very very valid point. However, again I would implore you to consider that we honestly couldn't have any more systems in place from our end to keep people better informed.

Again your order has been delayed by 1 day and to say to stop taking orders because of a 1 day delay to a non guaranteed service is ridiculous..

Hexus customer's are treated like "Gods" and probably God himself would be put to the back of the que! before you guys ! - Not forgetting

WE OFFER THIS SERVICE FOR FREE !!

I don't want you to think that I'm trying to be pedantic or argumentative or anything like that, please trust me when I say none of us are like this. We care a great deal about our customers and we do process orders with the utmost urgency. The fact does remain that you haven't paid for a guaranteed service - it is an estimate. Of course we aim to meet the estimate and have the best of intentions of fulfilling it when we take your order. We set our cut-off points as realistically as we can, based on volumes and resources, which usually means that when we set out to calculate the ETA on your order we can be confident that we can meet it. However, sales can often be very unpredictable and it is sometimes difficult to calculate how quickly the picking dept can get through the volumes we have, especially when we are shipping 1000's a day. Due to the nature of the business we understand that it is very difficult for us to make guarantees for every order we accept. This is why we do not guarantee in the first place!

Indeed, the only service we have which we guarantee is a premium Saturday pre12pm delivery, which Citylink charge us extra for and we in turn charge our customers extra for. If any Saturday deliveries fail due to a delay or error by either Scan or Citylink, we always refund the extra paid for the premium, and sometimes more. This is because it is a guaranteed delivery service, and we understand that if we fail on a guarantee then we should compensate people for it. To be honest, regardless of this, there isn't actually any carriage that I can refund, as you get free carriage anyway!

Please be assured that our normal level of service and turnaround efficiency for orders will resume very shortly when we've caught up on the volumes downstairs and got all this building work done in the new warehouse. Ironically enough, the disruptions of this very building work is what has caused most of the delays in picking we've had over the last few weeks, but this building work is also the biggest thing we've done in many years which will actually push us forward and help us get 100% better in our dispatch and the efficiency of our picking dept. I guess sometimes it's a case of taking 1 step backwards then 2 steps forward in situations like this, but I assure you sincerely that we're getting there and we won't rest until we've got back to our normal Scan standard!

Shortly we will be posting through the sticky " Improvements / Expansions ", to explain in detail the new system we have already introduced to improve our service levels. as we realise the we have not really updated our customer's with the progress we have made so far.

I am very sorry about the disappointment you have experienced and I truly hope your faith has not been dented beyond repair we do not wish to lose you as a customer. Our growth and development over the past 20 years has been largely due to return business from long-standing customers. We hope we can still look forward to your business in the future and thank you once again for your patience and understanding despite the delay.

Your order is currently in picking and is due to be dispatched today for delivery tomorrow. Please continue to check your automated e-mail for status updates.

If you ever need anything at all in the future please don't hesitate to contact me.

All the best,
    Last edited by Chris P; 10-10-2007 at 10:54 AM.

7. Received thanks from:

Gerrard (10-10-2007),muddyfox470 (10-10-2007),mycarsavw (10-10-2007),neonplanet40 (10-10-2007)

Thanks
    • BigFatCat's system
      • Motherboard:
      • IP35-E
      • CPU:
      • E4400@3Ghz
      • Memory:
      • Storage:
      • 80 and 320GB WD
      • Graphics card(s):
      • PSU:
      • Corsair HX620
      • Case:
      • Thermaltake Xaser III
      • Operating System:
      • Win 7 Ultimate 64
      • Monitor(s):
      • Internet:
      • Newnet 24Mb ADSL

Would it be feasible to make customers aware of a possible delay when placing a online order, a banner or something during checkout?

9. Received thanks from:

Chris P (10-10-2007)

HEXUS.social member Disturbedguy's Avatar
    Thanks
    • Disturbedguy's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus Rog Strix Z370-H Gaming
      • CPU:
      • i7 8700K
      • Memory:
      • 16GB Corsair something or other
      • Storage:
      • 1 x Samsung 960 EVO (250GB) 1 x Samsung 850 EVO (500GB)
      • Graphics card(s):
      • GTX 1080Ti
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 7 Ultimate
      • Monitor(s):
      • 32inch Samsung TV
      • Internet:
      • Crap

I think it will always be hard to predict delays as SCAN deal both online and over the Internet, who knows how many onliny and instore customers they get within say a five minute time slot.

11. Received thanks from:

Chris P (10-10-2007)

HEXUS.social member
    Thanks

Thanks for the info Chris. I have just got my stage 3 email, so should have my stuff by tomorrow anyway, but would have been much more patient with an explanantion that long and thorough! Just wish more companies had this level of communications with their customers.

13. Received thanks from:

Chris P (10-10-2007)

Thanks
    • Platinum's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus X99 Deluxue
      • CPU:
      • Core i7 5930k @ 4GHz
      • Memory:
      • 32gb Crucial 2400MHz
      • Storage:
      • 256gb Samsung SP941, 1tb MX500 Crucial SSD, 240gb Intel 730 SSD
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Sapphire R9 Fury OC
      • PSU:
      • 750 Watt Corsair HX
      • Case:
      • Corsiar 750D
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10 Pro
      • Monitor(s):
      • Dell 2408WFP
      • Internet:
      • 18Mb

Free delivery guys, cut em some slack
    Salazaar : <Touching wood as I write this...>

15. Received thanks from:

Chris P (10-10-2007)

Thanks

Gerrard

More information regarding the expansions will come through soon

Thank you for your patience

Best Regards

Senior Trouble Maker muddyfox470's Avatar
    Thanks
    • muddyfox470's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Abit I-N73HD
      • CPU:
      • E4500
      • Memory:
      • 4Gb PC6400 Corsair ?
      • Storage:
      • 2 x Seagate 7200.12 500Gb and 1 x Hitachi 7k1000.b 750gb
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Powercolor 4850
      • PSU:
      • Corsair HX520W
      • Case:
      • Silverstone SG-01e
      • Monitor(s):
      • Fujitsu D22W-1
      • Internet:
      • BT Home

Thank you for the reply Chris. I didn't mean it in that way, offering the free delivery is a great bonus, and the improvements since before have been great, i.e. no longer having to wait a week for the 'normal' delivery to arrive from the date of ordering.

I'm not asking for any preferential treatment, I am happy to wait in line, the problem that gets me is how frequently these problems seem to crop up. You are a big company and have a large customer base and no wonder hiccups and problems occur, but to see the same problems happening time after time does not make great business sense. However to come on a web-forum and speak openly and admit your weaknesses is a brave thing and I am sure everyone appreciates this.

For me personally, I know many friends will not place an order through yourselves because of the problems they have seen through me when they have wanted something put in my order and time after time I have to say it is delayed, or it has gone out of stock. Personally I don't think my comment was ridiculous, however I will try to keep shopping with you, however in future it will depend on the circumstances and when I need the order in by and what I need.

It is comforting to me to see that people are in similar circumstances, but obviously in the wider scope it's bad for all. I hope the restructuring/new build goes to plan and would like to hear when everything is better than it used to be

Regards

Ian

PS. I don't think that BigFatCat's Idea is a bad one, when choosing the date I think some sort of infomation banner (not too intrusive) should pop up to inform the general user that it is only an estimation of delivery (as I said before I know it is in the Terms that people agree to) but it could save a lot more hassle when the avergae joe places an order, finds out it isn't guaranteed to save some strain on your CS team if and when this happens.
    PPS. The reason I created this thread, was primarily for the new reason of the delay and the reoccurence and experience as I had noted. I am not knocking the CS, I just wanted to find out what was happening, realise my situation and see if any others were affected (which I believe it has done).
    Last edited by muddyfox470; 10-10-2007 at 01:29 PM.
    Mac fancier > white macbook base spec .................. CS: muddyfirebang

18. Received thanks from:

Chris P (10-10-2007)

Thanks

"Things" are already better than they used to be and WILL get better.... despite this a 1 day delay is not huge especially when we do not provide guaranteed delivery dates and confirm via E-mail / SMS when the order is going to be delayed.

Clearly we are not going to shut down completely because a handful of orders are delayed for a few days - lets get back to reality here !

We have already made progress, we are moving in the right direction and things will only get better

Don't forget we are making these massive changes and investing heavily directly in customer feedback such as yours, which we do appreciate.

1 step back > 2 steps forward

Best Regards

Thanks
    • neonplanet40's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Gigabyte X470 Aorus Gaming 7 Wi-Fi
      • CPU:
      • AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D
      • Memory:
      • Patriot 32 GB DDR4 3200 MHz
      • Storage:
      • 1TB WD_Black SN770, 1TB Koxia nvme
      • Graphics card(s):
      • MSI RTX4070Ti Gaming X TRIO
      • PSU:
      • Enermax Supernova G6 850W
      • Case:
      • Lian LI Lancool 3
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10 Pro
      • Monitor(s):
      • Dell 27" U2715H & Gigabyte M27Q
      • Internet:
      • 1Gbe

Thumbs up Re: Another Delayed Order...

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisP View Post
    Hi muddyfox470,

I do appreciate what you're saying and I can see that you originally requested delivery on 10/10/2007, which meant we would have had to ship it on the 9th for it to get there on time. However, it was delayed 1 day due to the volumes we had in the warehouse. We are experiencing a large backlog at the moment, due to a massive expansion and restructuring project of our warehouse coupled with an unusually and unexpectedly high volume of sales for this time of year. Despite the major disruptions of the building work and the additional pressure from the massive increase in volumes, I can assure you that our picking team is working as efficiently as possible to clear through the backlog of orders and we are doing our best to get people's order to them on their Requested Delivery Dates.

Whilst I do appreciate that it has been a real disappointment and that you waited in for the delivery, even though it was delayed by 1 day, I would also respectfully suggest that, to be fair on the picking team they did send you an email on the evening of the 9th, which informed you in advance that there would be a delay. The reason why we send these emails is to prevent the very situation that you were in, ie waiting for a delivery that isn't going to be there. We do say in all our correspondence, and on every delivery related page on the website it does ask customers to keep a close eye on their emails, and it also does stress that the delivery dates we give are estimates, not guarantees. I'm not saying any of this to be pedantic, just to explain to you in the hope that you can try to see from our point of view what has happened here and understand our system better for any future orders I hope you have with us, so that we never have this situation again. I could certainly understand your point if we actually advertised your delivery date as a guarantee, and we never emailed you to confirm that it was delayed, and indeed we emailed you to confirm it had been despatched. If that was the case then you would most certainly have a very very valid point. However, again I would implore you to consider that we honestly couldn't have any more systems in place from our end to keep people better informed.

Again your order has been delayed by 1 day and to say to stop taking orders because of a 1 day delay to a non guaranteed service is ridiculous..

Hexus customer's are treated like "Gods" and probably God himself would be put to the back of the que! before you guys ! - Not forgetting

WE OFFER THIS SERVICE FOR FREE !!

I don't want you to think that I'm trying to be pedantic or argumentative or anything like that, please trust me when I say none of us are like this. We care a great deal about our customers and we do process orders with the utmost urgency. The fact does remain that you haven't paid for a guaranteed service - it is an estimate. Of course we aim to meet the estimate and have the best of intentions of fulfilling it when we take your order. We set our cut-off points as realistically as we can, based on volumes and resources, which usually means that when we set out to calculate the ETA on your order we can be confident that we can meet it. However, sales can often be very unpredictable and it is sometimes difficult to calculate how quickly the picking dept can get through the volumes we have, especially when we are shipping 1000's a day. Due to the nature of the business we understand that it is very difficult for us to make guarantees for every order we accept. This is why we do not guarantee in the first place!

Indeed, the only service we have which we guarantee is a premium Saturday pre12pm delivery, which Citylink charge us extra for and we in turn charge our customers extra for. If any Saturday deliveries fail due to a delay or error by either Scan or Citylink, we always refund the extra paid for the premium, and sometimes more. This is because it is a guaranteed delivery service, and we understand that if we fail on a guarantee then we should compensate people for it. To be honest, regardless of this, there isn't actually any carriage that I can refund, as you get free carriage anyway!

Please be assured that our normal level of service and turnaround efficiency for orders will resume very shortly when we've caught up on the volumes downstairs and got all this building work done in the new warehouse. Ironically enough, the disruptions of this very building work is what has caused most of the delays in picking we've had over the last few weeks, but this building work is also the biggest thing we've done in many years which will actually push us forward and help us get 100&#37; better in our dispatch and the efficiency of our picking dept. I guess sometimes it's a case of taking 1 step backwards then 2 steps forward in situations like this, but I assure you sincerely that we're getting there and we won't rest until we've got back to our normal Scan standard!

Shortly we will be posting through the sticky " Improvements / Expansions ", to explain in detail the new system we have already introduced to improve our service levels. as we realise the we have not really updated our customer's with the progress we have made so far.

I am very sorry about the disappointment you have experienced and I truly hope your faith has not been dented beyond repair we do not wish to lose you as a customer. Our growth and development over the past 20 years has been largely due to return business from long-standing customers. We hope we can still look forward to your business in the future and thank you once again for your patience and understanding despite the delay.

Your order is currently in picking and is due to be dispatched today for delivery tomorrow. Please continue to check your automated e-mail for status updates.

If you ever need anything at all in the future please don't hesitate to contact me.

All the best,

A very professional and friendly post Chris. You do your company proud and everyone here at hexus respects you because YOU ARE friendly and truthful. No other company i have ever dealt with before treats customers as if they are employee's. Keeping us up to date with EVERYTHING and treating us with the utmost respect.

I can safely say you will NEVER lose my custom.

Neon
    Last edited by neonplanet40; 10-10-2007 at 02:27 PM.
    Home Entertainment =Epson TW9400, Denon AVRX6300H, Panasonic DPUB450EBK 4K Ultra HD Blu-Ray and Monitor Audio Silver RX 7.0, Monitor Audio CT265IDC(x4) Dolby Atmos and XTZ 12.17 Sub - (Config 7.1.4)
    My System=Gigabyte X470 Aorus Gaming 7 Wi-Fi, AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D, Patriot 32 GB DDR4 3200MHz, 1TB WD_Black SN770, 1TB Koxia nvme, MSI RTX4070Ti Gaming X TRIO, Enermax Supernova G6 850W, Lian LI Lancool 3, 2x QHD 27in Monitors. Denon AVR1700H & Wharfedale DX-2 5.1 Sound
    Home Server 2/HTPC - Ryzen 5 3600, Asus Strix B450, 16GB Ram, EVGA GT1030 SC, 2x 2TB Cruscial SSD, Corsair TX550, Plex Server & Nvidia Shield Pro 4K
    Diskstation/HTPC - Synology DS1821+ 16GB Ram - 10Gbe NIC with 45TB & Synology DS1821+ 8GB Ram - 10Gbe NIC with 14TB & Synology DS920+ 9TB
    Portable=Microsoft Surface Pro 4, Huawei M5 10" & HP Omen 15 laptop

21. Received thanks from:

Chris P (10-10-2007)

Thanks

neonplanet40

WOW

Thanks so much, that is amazing feedback -

I'm smiling wider than a 16 yr old who just lost his .....

Your comments are greatly appreciated and I am glad my post came across how I wanted it to

str
    Thanks

I suspect the sadness people feel when they find out their order has been delayed is because so many other etailers provide next day delivery almost without fail (for a small fee) and when they allow choosing of a date it's almost again without fail delivered on that date.

I've ordered from Scan three times recently and I've been more than happy with the service regardless that my most recent order's delivery was delayed by a few days. I accept that estimated delivery dates can and do change so I don't feel sad or disgruntled.

24. Received thanks from:

Chris P (10-10-2007)

Thread Information