Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: In Stock, order out of stock

Thanks

Re: In Stock, order out of stock

I suspect it was a SNAFU and it should have been a Pre-order..

I have looked at the Scan website again and the picture is incorrect. Only the more expensive Sonic version has that cooler. The cheaper one only has the stock cooler
    Intel i5 2500k @ stock
    Thermalright SI-128 (Bolt-through)
    Asus P8Z68V/Gen3
    2x8Gb DDR3
    ASUS GTX 670 DirectCU II 2Gb

Registered+
    Thanks
    • Bazz's system
      • Motherboard:
      • GIGABYTE Z77X-D3H
      • CPU:
      • Intel Core i5 2500K @ 4GHz
      • Memory:
      • 16GB KHX1600C9D3
      • Storage:
      • Crucial M4 256GB, OCZ Agility 3 360GB, OCZ Vertex 3 128GB + 2x Vertex 2 100GB
      • Graphics card(s):
      • GIGABYTE GeForce GTX 460
      • PSU:
      • Corsair HX650
      • Case:
      • Box thing
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 7 64bit
      • Monitor(s):
      • Acer S275HL 27" + Hanns.G 22"
      • Internet:
      • 45mbit

Well, 12 noon and still no reply.
    Order still shows not picked, I haven't been notified of a problem with this order, and again, just sent another email in to ask what is going on.

Scan are useless, this has proven it.

Registered+
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by blinky View Post
    I suspect it was a SNAFU and it should have been a Pre-order..

I have looked at the Scan website again and the picture is incorrect. Only the more expensive Sonic version has that cooler. The cheaper one only has the stock cooler
    Actually the original Palit used the reference cooler but they then switched to the blue orb (even on the normal models). Its possible you could get either cooler, but more likely it will be the larger custom one. Of course the Sonic ones all use the blue orb cooler.

Palit 8800GT

Palit 8800GT Sonic

Registered+
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Bazz View Post
    Well, 12 noon and still no reply.
    Order still shows not picked, I haven't been notified of a problem with this order, and again, just sent another email in to ask what is going on.

Scan are useless, this has proven it.
    I think theyre closed until Wednesday.

Registered+
    Thanks
    • Bazz's system
      • Motherboard:
      • GIGABYTE Z77X-D3H
      • CPU:
      • Memory:
      • 16GB KHX1600C9D3
      • Storage:
      • Graphics card(s):
      • PSU:
      • Corsair HX650
      • Case:
      • Box thing
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 7 64bit
      • Monitor(s):
      • Internet:
      • 45mbit

Quote Originally Posted by russd1978 View Post
    I think theyre closed until Wednesday.
    Taking money for stock they don't have (money gone from my account).
    Refusing to reply to my email on Friday (when they were in).
    Not responding to my email on Saturday (sales email).
    Now I find out they aren't in 2 days after they said it would be delivered..............WHAT A JOKE.

Time to move this forward.

Registered+
    Thanks

It wouldnt be so bad if you could log into your Scan account and cancel the order (much like you can everywhere else, Dabs, eBuyer, Amazon, Play etc). At least then I could reorder somewhere else knowing that I wouldnt be getting two cards and paying for them both. Seems bizarre that you cant simply log in and cancel like you can with everyone else.

Registered+
    Thanks

Before you go any further with your over the top criticism why don't you wait until one of the Scan guys answers your concerns. Scan make mistakes like every other retailer but you can't criticize their willingness to help via this forum, something that is not allowed on Overclockers forum btw. Concerns that are raised on this forum are usually responded to within a few hours but it is Christmas after all.

Registered+
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by kinetic View Post
    Before you go any further with your over the top criticism why don't you wait until one of the Scan guys answers your concerns. Scan make mistakes like every other retailer but you can't criticize their willingness to help via this forum, something that is not allowed on Overclockers forum btw. Concerns that are raised on this forum are usually responded to within a few hours but it is Christmas after all.
    Yes it would be nice to hear from one of the guys. I dont think its over the top criticism, Im just saying it would be nice to have a cancel button, and also know whether something is in stock when ordering, its not over the top to be a little disappointed considering I cancelled my Amazon preorder and could have had a Gigabyte card for £150.

Registered+
    Thanks
    • Bazz's system
      • Motherboard:
      • GIGABYTE Z77X-D3H
      • CPU:
      • Memory:
      • 16GB KHX1600C9D3
      • Storage:
      • Graphics card(s):
      • PSU:
      • Corsair HX650
      • Case:
      • Box thing
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 7 64bit
      • Monitor(s):
      • Internet:
      • 45mbit

Firstly, my criticisms is to do with the fact that they have tried to sell me something which isn't in stock, though their site stated it is (and this is against the law (distant selling regulations)).
    Secondly, just because its Christmas means what? they have a 24/7 shop, its not my fault that I had purchased something expecting it to arrive on the date they have said, only to find out the above.
    Thirdly, responded to within how many hours?? I posted this last Friday, and no one has bothered to respond, this also includes the several email sent in to them, again with no response.

I wouldn't have minded 'IF' I had received another email telling me their was a mistake, but I haven't, the last stage of this order is they have my money, I have no goods, they had plenty of time, because my order was placed 12noon Friday.

I have also been in all day just in case the problem was simple, but sat here all day awaiting something that never arrived is kinda making me more and more ****ed off.

Now I know that they aren't about until Wednesday, I now have to go out of my way to change the delivery address, and possibly cancel the order due to their incompetence.

I buy from Aria, Dabs, Ebuyer, eBay and other online retailers, and I have never had this sort of problem, shame for them, as my business will go elsewhere, others will no doubt follow, because there are a few posts here stating Scan have problems.

Registered+
    Thanks

I can understand your frustration but I think you'll find that your concerns will be addressed by a member of Scan staff when they visit the forum. Sure there are lots of problems posted on here but the vast majority are sorted to mutual satisfaction as long as the dispute remains civil.

Registered+
    Thanks

I can understand your frustration but I think you'll find that your concerns will be addressed by a member of Scan staff when they visit the forum. Sure there are lots of problems posted on here but the vast majority are sorted to mutual satisfaction as long as the dispute remains civil.
    Its true they have dealt with other cases very well on here, so hopefully they will let us know whats going on soon.

Thanks

I appreciate the fact that when Scan staff return from the Christmas/New year break they will sort out the immediate problem.
    The root cause of the problem is however the lack of accurate live stock control and a site which doesn't allow orders to be modified/cancelled.
    I know that Scan have been talking for a long time about improvements but nothing has happened.
    Regardless of Scan's famed customer centred approach their basic systems do not appear to be geared to a modern internet based selling company.
    To show how things should be done. I placed an order on Saturday 29 December on Play.com and was advised it had been shipped on 31st - one working day later.
    If Scan are going to take the money from the card immediately then the item should be automatically allocated to the account and the available stock level reduced accordingly. This has nothing to do with the item being picked but is basic stock monitoring/control practice.

Registered+
    Thanks

A good point well made and I hope realtime stock control is something that they will try to implement sometime in the future. I am lucky in that I haven't had any of the problems mentioned in this thread as I live quite locally to Scan and always use their q-collect service. I don't know if you have ever been to their store but it is quite small and whilst I was in there with my brother a couple of weeks ago, I was wondering if they had thought of moving to larger premises or perhaps even opening another store. The place is often full with a large queue and I can imagine it being quite hectic in the warehouse.

Thanks
    • Lucio's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Gigabyte GA-970A-UD3P
      • CPU:
      • AMD FX-6350 with Cooler Master Seldon 240
      • Memory:
      • 2x4GB Corsair DDR3 Vengeance
      • Storage:
      • 128GB Toshiba, 2.5" SSD, 1TB WD Blue WD10EZEX, 500GB Seagate Baracuda 7200.11
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Sapphire R9 270X 4GB
      • PSU:
      • 600W Silverstone Strider SST-ST60F
      • Case:
      • Cooler Master HAF XB
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 8.1 64Bit
      • Monitor(s):
      • Samsung 2032BW, 1680 x 1050
      • Internet:
      • 16Mb Plusnet

Quote Originally Posted by Bazz View Post
    Distant selling regulations apply.
    The item showed in stock, but obviously isn't, they have taken monies from me, which under the distant selling act, constitutes as a contract.
    Selling items which aren't in stock (and showing them in stock) is actually against the law, and can be classed as deception, or obtaining monies through deception.
    Under the distant selling act, they 'have to' notify me immediately if there is a problem with the purchase, something which they haven't done (I have received 2 emails, 1 with the order confirmation, and 2 payment authorization, both at 12:20) card was purchased 12noon Friday.
    One thing to bear in mind is any contract of sale can be subject to Terms and Conditions as stated on the e-tailer's website, providing those terms and conditions don't act against your statutory rights or otherwise constitute an "unfair" contract. Scan's Terms and Conditions state that all delivery times are estimates and that they are only obliged to deliver within 28 days. Before you quote legal jargon, read it all not just the parts that favour you.

It's not an ideal situation to be in mind you, but really, don't you think it'd be easier to call them? If they're not answering, then they're probably closed like many companys are till tomorrow!

(\___/) (\___/) (\___/) (\___/) (\___/) (\___/) (\___/)
    (='.'=) (='.'=) (='.'=) (='.'=) (='.'=) (='.'=) (='.'=)
    (")_(") (")_(") (")_(") (")_(") (")_(") (")_(") (")_(")

This is bunny and friends. He is fed up waiting for everyone to help him out, and decided to help himself instead!

Thanks

I'm sure a phone call would sort this out and you would either be provided with an alternative or refund. I can totally understand your frustration though but best to try and stay calm over the phone as a rant and rave will most likely not return the best results.

Registered+
    Thanks
    • Bazz's system
      • Motherboard:
      • GIGABYTE Z77X-D3H
      • CPU:
      • Memory:
      • 16GB KHX1600C9D3
      • Storage:
      • Graphics card(s):
      • PSU:
      • Corsair HX650
      • Case:
      • Box thing
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 7 64bit
      • Monitor(s):
      • Internet:
      • 45mbit

Don't think any of you realise........................

I needed the card on the 31st, and they offered that delivery time.

It was in stock, so I ordered it, only to find out that it is on pre-order only, no email to me stating this, no email what so ever regarding the lack of delivery or stock.

I doubt they will offer a alternative at that cost, if they have any in stock that is, but also, slightly cheesed off if they give me a refund it could take up to 30 days, and also I have to go through the hassle of trying to source another.

Thread Information