Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: On behalf of several people's experiences with Scan.

Thanks
    • Bugbait's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Gigabyte Z370 Auros Gaming 7
      • CPU:
      • Intel i8 8700K (Watercooled)
      • Memory:
      • 2 x 16GB DDR4 Corsair LPX 4000Mhz
      • Storage:
      • Samsung 960 EVO 500GB, Samsung 850 EVO 500GB, SS 1TB, WD 2TB
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Gigabyte GTX 1080 Ti Waterforce WB Xtreme Edition
      • PSU:
      • Antec HCP-850 Platinum
      • Case:
      • Corsair Obsidian 900D (Dual D5 in series: 120.7 - EX360 + EX480) Noctua F & P12 Fans
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10 Pro x64
      • Monitor(s):
      • LG 31MU97
      • Internet:
      • VM Cable (100Meg)

Re: On behalf of several people's experiences with Scan.

Quote Originally Posted by snootyjim View Post
    There's no doubting that the service salty received was extremely poor, so surely the best thing to do is just wait to see what reasons Chris P gives for the decisions/problems that occurred during the recent transactions rather than trying to pre-empt what might have happened... although it seems like people do jump on a lot of bandwagons in the Scan forum, whether it's for or against... who knows whose fault it is half the time!
    I'm glad you're not a Judge . You start by presuming Scan is guilty and that the OP only posted "facts" and then conclude that people jump on band wagons? Nice.

Reading the original post I found many holes in the stories (testimonials might lend them too much credit). I'm not saying that Scan is right but there's nothing to suggest the OP is right either. Before someone claims it's none of my business, I should remind people that it's in a public forum now so dust off the pitchforks.

Registered+
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Bugbait View Post
    If the person needed to have their computer back online as quickly as possible then why didn't they go to a local store or even (/gasp) PC World to pick up spare parts? Were they waiting on Scan to get stock because it was cheaper? If so, not really Scan's fault that the computer was offline for a week was it? Try not to cloud the issue.
    Clouding the issue is not the point of that statement. I was referencing inconveniences caused to the customer as a result of the problem. Spare parts are not an issue, it was an entire system that was held up by stock issues.

Did they try calling? If they sent emails and didn't receive a reply in a timely fashion then maybe they were lost in transit?
    I know that the email were sent, and there was no reply. The mail service this person uses informs you if an e-mail cannot be delivered.

So Scan should give priority or even special service to those that spend more? Wouldn't that be unethical?
    I conceed this point. Original post modified. I was annoyed.

This seems odd. Do you have a quote from an email or is this just third hand information? I've returned parts I've installed in a system under DSR without hassle. Was the motherboard sent back in a modified state? I could see that being an issue from a testing point of view.
    This is information relayed to me directly after the phone conversation with Scan about the motherboard. I am quoting what I was told. Your experience clearly isnt the same as this persons experience, or this conversation wouldnt be happening now. Also, I have no idea if the motherboard was sent back without the original cooling re-installed, and I will mention this to the person and find out asap, as you have a very good point with regards to testing.

Are you saying Scan refuse to return the motherboard? I find that highly unlikely. There's something missing here. Unpaid charges maybe?
    Yep, thats what i'm saying.

You do realize when people are angry and especially when they feel they've been aggrieved they can exaggerate their circumstance?

I love when people wave the "dollar carrot" and try to bribe Scan into changing their policy. Stick to the logic and reasoning behind the argument please!
    The circumstance was not exaggerated in any way, I am merely posting on behalf of others, as I thought an easy way to get a response from Scan was to lay all the issues out. The "dollar carrot" is not meant to bribe scan... its meant for them to see what buisness they are losing due to these problems. I dont care what they do with that information, but as it seems to be a large point of contention I removed it from my message.

I'm glad you're not a Judge . You start by presuming Scan is guilty and that the OP only posted "facts" and then conclude that people jump on band wagons? Nice.

Reading the original post I found many holes in the stories (testimonials might lend them too much credit). I'm not saying that Scan is right but there's nothing to suggest the OP is right either. Before someone claims it's none of my business, I should remind people that it's in a public forum now so dust off the pitchforks.
    Ok, now this has me genuinley annoyed. I posted my complaint and have been fell upon by over-zealous forum members, and am now being called a liar by someone whos buisness it really isnt! Public domain as it may be, the level of childishness displayed here by some members is stupid, and although I have tried to keep my messages mature, I simply cannot be bothered to explain myself to people who cant wait to pick apart my messages for, amongst other things, spelling. In particular the lack of a comma. WHY DOES THIS MATTER TO YOU?

I would like the admins to delete/lock this thread, I cannot be bothered. The relevant people have hopefully begun to sort their issues out with the information provided by Chris, but I have to say, I came here to get an issue resolved, not to go through any of this.

Thanks

The whole original post seems melodramatic and self-serving. For starters your thread title is "On behalf of several people's experiences with Scan." - this is about YOUR problem not anyone elses, and your certainly not attempting to help or assist anyone else.

Thanks

Guys

The focus of this thread should be to look into the issues raised by the OP on behalf of SCAN Customer's.

I am still waiting for the information requested to look into this further, nothing has been received yet.

Best Regards

Thanks
    • Bugbait's system
      • Motherboard:
      • CPU:
      • Memory:
      • Storage:
      • Graphics card(s):
      • PSU:
      • Antec HCP-850 Platinum
      • Case:
      • Corsair Obsidian 900D (Dual D5 in series: 120.7 - EX360 + EX480) Noctua F & P12 Fans
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10 Pro x64
      • Monitor(s):
      • LG 31MU97
      • Internet:
      • VM Cable (100Meg)

Quote Originally Posted by Salty_Pepperpot View Post
    Clouding the issue is not the point of that statement. I was referencing inconveniences caused to the customer as a result of the problem. Spare parts are not an issue, it was an entire system that was held up by stock issues.
    It may not have been the point but that's how it was interpreted. Scan's failure in this department would have resulted in 1 or 2 days delay at most. After that it was the failure of the person to source the component elsewhere that resulted in further delays. Before products ship, Scan like many other Etailers can and will offer full refunds on out of stock items. I've cancelled orders before due to stock issues. Do I point fingers and get all huffy? No. I simply shop elsewhere. There was nothing except maybe inexperience and some common sense that prevented the original purchaser from asking Scan to change the product to something that was in stock, I've done it on several occasions.

I know that the email were sent, and there was no reply. The mail service this person uses informs you if an e-mail cannot be delivered.
    So the answer is no, no alternative method of communication besides email was used? Well, this person you're referring to is either very stubborn, very naive or a glutton for punishment. If someone at work or in my social circle doesn't answer an email in a reasonable amount of time, I call them.

Ok, now this has me genuinley annoyed. I posted my complaint and have been fell upon by over-zealous forum members, and am now being called a liar by someone whos buisness it really isnt! Public domain as it may be, the level of childishness displayed here by some members is stupid, and although I have tried to keep my messages mature, I simply cannot be bothered to explain myself to people who cant wait to pick apart my messages for, amongst other things, spelling. In particular the lack of a comma. WHY DOES THIS MATTER TO YOU?
    When did I call you a liar? I certainly questioned the accuracy of the accounts of what happened but that's more an issue with your friends. I have no doubt you relayed their stories as accurately as they were passed to you. I simply question the completeness and accuracy of what you were told by them.

Finally, welcome to Internet forums, where everyone thinks they're right .

Thanks

Thirdly, an Asus motherboard became faulty and was sent back to you for replacement. You have refused to even look at what is wrong with this on the basis that the stock cooling system (heatsinks and connecting heatpipes) was removed for the installation of after-market cooling options, in this case, watercooling blocks for the Northbridge chip.
    A member of our Returns team was reading through this thread and recognised one particular case as highlighted by the OP ( As quoted above ). The ASUS board was RMA'D as faulTy, upon receipt the Heatpipes going to the Heatsinks had been physically cut and therefore is physically damaged thus warranty void.

If the Heatsinks had been properly removed and properly re-attached before the board was RMA'd then I could understand an issue but when the Heat Pipes have been physically cut in half at at least 2 points then I cannot.

Picurues can be posted up.
    Last edited by Chris P; 22-07-2009 at 10:55 AM.

Thanks

Secondly, once the hardware was finally received, the 640Gb Hard Drive that was part of it was DOA. Several E-mails have been sent to your customer service department about this matter, and so far you have completely ignored all of them. This means the computer wouldn’t be usable if I had not had a spare HDD to lend out. To this date, not emails have been received off you about this, and it was approximately 6-7 weeks ago now.
    Initial conclusions show that we never received any e-mails from this customer regarding any RMA, including this particular issue.

I have just received a query relating to this issue, initial searches using the e-mail used to send this query show that no e-mails have ever been received to our the Support System via the Support Link on our web site relating to this RMA, we have received e-mail relating to order amendments but nothing to do with an RMA.

We have already responded back to this customer query he has now raised to ask what e-mail address was used to send his e-mail to and if these e-mails were sent from a different e-mail account so we can look into this further.
    Last edited by Chris P; 22-07-2009 at 10:56 AM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Chris P View Post
    A member of our Returns team was reading through this thread and recognised one particular case as highlighted by the OP ( As quoted above ). The ASUS board was RMA'D as faulTy, upon receipt the Heatpipes going to the Heatsinks had been physically cut and therefore is physically damaged thus warranty void.

If the Heatsinks had been properly removed and properly re-attached before the board was RMA'd then I could understand an issue but when the Heat Pipes have been physically cut in half at at least 2 points then I cannot.

Picurues can be posted up.
    The RED Rings show where the pipes have been cut ( in 4 places) and shows where the MOSFET Heatsink was re-attached incorrectly.

The Heatsinks can be removed without the pipes being cut.

Last edited by Carlh; 22-07-2009 at 11:15 AM.

Thanks
    • not_my_ip's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus P5K
      • CPU:
      • Core 2 Duo E8200 @3.21
      • Memory:
      • Corsair 2GB 800 TwinX
      • Storage:
      • Samsung F1 7500
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Zotac 8800GT
      • PSU:
      • Enermax Liberty 400W
      • Case:
      • Thermaltake Swing
      • Monitor(s):
      • Hanns G HU196D
      • Internet:
      • Adsl24

I don't want to defend any party here, but just express my thoughts on this.

Mainly about communication. Email - we live in 21 century and email is now and should be very common platform of communication, much easier to use than phone. If emails are organized correctly they should not be lost among others and replied in 24h period.
    Yes, I know there are still phones, but I found it quite not fast process - you will hold for some time before yo will be connected and it just takes more time than email.
    In email you can express your concerns much easier, thing about what you want write and compose it in good manner.

Talking about cancelling and buying elsewhere, I found it quite long process, before you money will be refunded it will take around 2 calendar weeks - mine own experience - I'm not saying it is scan fault but thats how card refund works. Sometime people just have no moneys to buy parts elsewhere, while they still waiting for refund.

Mine general experience was good with scan and I used both refunds and warranty service - it wasn't fastest ever and communication was quite poor (I had to call few times to ask what is going on with my faulty part) but it was dealt with and solved and I was happy to come back and shop more.

I think we should really keep mature language here. And let both parties to solve problems.

I hope we will hear more and how it all will end.

Cheerio

HEXUS.social member Disturbedguy's Avatar
    Thanks
    • Disturbedguy's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus Rog Strix Z370-H Gaming
      • CPU:
      • i7 8700K
      • Memory:
      • 16GB Corsair something or other
      • Storage:
      • 1 x Samsung 960 EVO (250GB) 1 x Samsung 850 EVO (500GB)
      • Graphics card(s):
      • GTX 1080Ti
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 7 Ultimate
      • Monitor(s):
      • 32inch Samsung TV
      • Internet:
      • Crap

Read Chris P's replies.
    As he has already stated there were no e-mails received from the address supplied.

And no offense but how can you expect a refund or replacement on a motherboard you have butchered to that extent?
    Last edited by Disturbedguy; 22-07-2009 at 01:37 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by TAKTAK View Post
    It didn't fall off, it merely became insufficient at it's purpose and got a bit droopy...

Thanks

You can't cut a motherboard to bits and expect to RMA it. Its a shame customers do this, make a thread which gives Scan a bad name when Scan have done nothing wrong.

Admin (Ret'd)
    Thanks

Finally, welcome to Internet forums, where everyone thinks they're right .
    Maybe so, but it's hardly a friendly welcome, is it? He's had his grammar and punctuation queried and his original post forensically and sceptically dissected, and all he wanted was to resolve the issues with Scan.

Salty is not a forum member here for a forum experience. He's a Scan customer trying to resolve a problem with Scan and isn't here to justify his position to all and sundry. So let's give him and Scan a little peace to try to sort it out between themselves.

You've made your point, so now please give it a rest.

Salty, if you don't know forums, there's a facility called Personal Messaging (PM for short). You can send another member (such as ChrisP) a private message and nobody else will be able to see it. Normally, you need more posts on the forum before this is enabled, but in the circumstances, I've enabled it manually for you and you can communicate with ChrisP privately if you wish. You can get at this feature in several different ways, but the most common are :-

- the UserCP button on the menu bar, then select User Control Panel and scroll down a bit, or

- click the username of the User you want to message, on the big name at the left of one of their posts, or

- click here

I hope that helps.

Thanks
    • Bugbait's system
      • Motherboard:
      • CPU:
      • Memory:
      • Storage:
      • Graphics card(s):
      • PSU:
      • Antec HCP-850 Platinum
      • Case:
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10 Pro x64
      • Monitor(s):
      • LG 31MU97
      • Internet:
      • VM Cable (100Meg)

Quote Originally Posted by Saracen View Post
    Maybe so, but it's hardly a friendly welcome, is it? He's had his grammar and punctuation queried and his original post forensically and sceptically dissected, and all he wanted was to resolve the issues with Scan.

Salty is not a forum member here for a forum experience. He's a Scan customer trying to resolve a problem with Scan and isn't here to justify his position to all and sundry. So let's give him and Scan a little peace to try to sort it out between themselves.

You've made your point, so now please give it a rest.
    If someone starts with an accussational tone then I don't think it's unreasonable to respond with a defensive one, especially when some stated facts appear suspicious. I agree, the grammatical comments weren't constructive but then again, I personally didn't think it was malicious, merely in jest.

There are many avenues to resolve issues with Scan that do not involve this forum. I would bet more customers use email and phone than this forum. Unless the forum rules have changed or are different in this section (please correct me if I'm way off here) then it's still a public forum. As long as things are kept constructive then I fail to see the problem.

(Now for the "I told you so" bit) Given Chris' responses I don't think I was out of line to question the OP about missing information. If I went on to berate the person for butchering their motherboard and beating a dead horse then yes, I'd arguably be out of line.

Admin (Ret'd)
    Thanks

If someone starts with an accussational tone then I don't think it's unreasonable to respond with a defensive one, especially when some stated facts appear suspicious. I agree, the grammatical comments weren't constructive but then again, I personally didn't think it was malicious, merely in jest.

There are many avenues to resolve issues with Scan that do not involve this forum. I would bet more customers use email and phone than this forum. Unless the forum rules have changed or are different in this section (please correct me if I'm way off here) then it's still a public forum. As long as things are kept constructive then I fail to see the problem.

(Now for the "I told you so" bit) Given Chris' responses I don't think I was out of line to question the OP about missing information. If I went on to berate the person for butchering their motherboard and beating a dead horse then yes, I'd arguably be out of line.
    It is, and always has been, a customer care and tech support forum. The primary objective, therefore, is customer care and tech support. The purpose, therefore, is for the customer to get tech support and care, and Scan to provide it, not for that customer to have to explain himself to all and sundry.

When it's a customer asking, for example, how well this product works, or whether it's compatible with that product, then comment from people that have that combination is very helpful. But given the nature of the opening post,and someone that obviously already feels aggrieved, it's not helpful to antagonise him by challenging everything he says before Scan have even had a chance to reply. He's here to resolve a problem, not to conduct a debate or justify himself to anyone other than Scan.

If there are issues, let Scan check into them. Sometimes, it'll result in information like cut heatpipes. Sometimes it'll result in a wrong email address having been used or a problem with a mail server, and sometimes, perhaps it's fallen down a crack in Scan's system, maybe with the person that was dealing with it off sick or something.

My point .... give Scan a chance to look into it before winding up an already unhappy customer even further. Scan are pretty good at resolving most issues. Time and again, I've seen customers arrive with a complaint that turns out to be a misunderstanding and end up going away satisfied and happy. Not always, of course, because some complaints just aren't justified, but most of the time.

So as I said, you've had your say. Can we now please give Scan a chance to deal with this, because it seems they have it in hand.

Thanks
    • Bugbait's system
      • Motherboard:
      • CPU:
      • Memory:
      • Storage:
      • Graphics card(s):
      • PSU:
      • Antec HCP-850 Platinum
      • Case:
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10 Pro x64
      • Monitor(s):
      • LG 31MU97
      • Internet:
      • VM Cable (100Meg)

Quote Originally Posted by Saracen View Post
    So as I said, you've had your say. Can we now please give Scan a chance to deal with this, because it seems they have it in hand.
    /agreed

Thanks

the grammatical comments weren't constructive but then again, I personally didn't think it was malicious, merely in jest.
    It was meant in jest as you said, the tone seemed a bit down so thought I would lighten it, but I guess not everyone shares my sense of humour Will know for next time

Jon

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information