Page 46 of 146 FirstFirst ... 6162636434445464748495666768696 ... LastLast

Thread: New ATI Tuner Card.

Thanks

Talking Thanks, Andrzej

Quote Originally Posted by Andrzej
    There is a tiny little show starting in Hanover this week called CeBIT

Michael is busy with the set up for this right now - but I am sure that he will come back to you as soon as possible
    Ah...
    Thanks, Andrzej. I'll have to keep an eye on that show for news.
    -E

Rys
    Tiled
    Thanks
    Does anyone know how to make Media Portal display composite video fed to the 550 PRO?
    MOLLY AND POPPY!

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Rys
    Does anyone know how to make Media Portal display composite video fed to the 550 PRO?
    Downloading it. I'll try to help you.

Rys
    Tiled
    Thanks

Arrow Capture from composite works

I can make it capture from composite by changing the input on the Video Crossbar. But MP doesn't save the setting. I click apply, OK, MP says it has to restart so I let it, when it comes back it's back to tuning TV again and not capturing.

That wouldn't be so bad if it didn't exhibit the lag problem I get with most other PVR software. If only audio worked in WinDVR. One for the driver boys I think.
    Last edited by Rys; 09-03-2005 at 01:14 PM. Reason: Spelling
    MOLLY AND POPPY!

Thanks
    Has anyone had success altering bitrates or save locations in the Cyberlink software? I have seen something resembling a config file, but have not edited it.

S.

Registered+
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Rys
    I can make it capture from composite by changing the input on the Video Crossbar. But MP doesn't save the setting. I click apply, OK, MP says it has to restart so I let it, when it comes back it's back to tuning TV again and not capturing.

That wouldn't be so bad if it didn't exhibit the lag problem I get with most other PVR software. If only audio worked in WinDVR. One for the driver boys I think.
    I am using WinDVR 3 & it works. Did you select ATI AVSTREAM for audio in the device panel? I just wish it would record interlaced, the video is recorded in progressive scan and appears to be using the 550 pro for encoding as it only uses 1% of the CPU.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by thethinman
    I am using WinDVR 3 & it works. Did you select ATI AVSTREAM for audio in the device panel? I just wish it would record interlaced, the video is recorded in progressive scan and appears to be using the 550 pro for encoding as it only uses 1% of the CPU.
    ttm

Does WinDVR3:

1) Have an EPG?
    2) Permit saving encodes to a slave drive?
    3) Allow you to fine tune bitrates?
    4) Allow you to select vbr?

Thanks

S.

Thanks
    Good news is SageTV will be the next PVR to work with Theater 550 Pro chip but bad news is I would like to point out that you be stuck with one recording frame size just like with BeyondTV.
    After all the only rez that works is 720x480/576 all other don't work in GraphEdit my guest it ATI hadn't finsh fixing everthing.
    Now all jeff has to do is fix the recording profile which don't work at any bitrate it always at default 7MB VBR.

Registered+
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by satnav4
    ttm

Does WinDVR3:

1) Have an EPG?
    2) Permit saving encodes to a slave drive?
    3) Allow you to fine tune bitrates?
    4) Allow you to select vbr?

Thanks

S.

1) Yes it uses Titan TV.com for the EPG
    2) You can save on any drive you choose.
    3) You can adjust the bitrate by editing the profile.
    4) there is no direct mention of VBR but appears to record in VBRm
    when I play the video in powerdvd the bitrate fluctuates.
    Another bonus is that it does allow you to choose to record audio in AC3.
    I can put the file in DVD Author or DVD Workshop and burn it without having to convert the video or audio!

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by thethinman
    1) Yes it uses Titan TV.com for the EPG
    2) You can save on any drive you choose.
    3) You can adjust the bitrate by editing the profile.
    4) there is no direct mention of VBR but appears to record in VBRm
    when I play the video in powerdvd the bitrate fluctuates.
    Another bonus is that it does allow you to choose to record audio in AC3.
    I can put the file in DVD Author or DVD Workshop and burn it without having to convert the video or audio!
    That's good news. I understand WinDVR also has a software encoder if you need it. It would be nice if it had multi tuner support. I suspect the AC3 audio is a software function, because the card is supposed to put out mpeg1, L2 audio natively.

Thanks for the prompt reply.

S.

Registered+
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by SHSPVR
    Good news is SageTV will be the next PVR to work with Theater 550 Pro chip but bad news is I would like to point out that you be stuck with one recording frame size just like with BeyondTV.
    After all the only rez that works is 720x480/576 all other don't work in GraphEdit my guest it ATI hadn't finsh fixing everthing.
    Now all jeff has to do is fix the recording profile which don't work at any bitrate it always at default 7MB VBR.
    That's good to hear. Since I already have Sagetv, there'll be at least one less guy complaining about software for the 550 pro.

Thanks
    thethinman WinDVR 3 didn't work for me all it dose crash soon I hit the record button

Thanks
    This kind of thing happens all the time: I don't mean for one particular piece of software either. What I mean is when you install different programs, they all try to appropriate the resources they need.
    So after you "test" a piece of soft, you've absolutely got to scrub it from your system before you install another with similar functions. Software engineers validate software with a fresh OS, after all, and lots of what's going on here is identical to validation.
    So if a soft crashes, we shouldn't rush to blame the soft: given whats been installed/uninstalled, the system might have no room for the soft to run without conflicts.

Another reason for us to hate ATi leaving people no choice but to run to 3rd party softs.

Why is this so hateful, ATi? it's very simple:

-Bundled Cyber-Soft is unstable and feature-free
    -In the search for 3rd party soft that works, user installs different softs
    -Without wanting to, user introduces software conflicts to his OS
    -Finally, when nothing works anymore, user wastes several hours reinstalling a fresh OS...

All this just to see if this "orphaned" card can be made to work as it should.

Wish we could send ATi the bill for all the wasted time...bah, they'd just tell us to buy an MCE.

Registered+
    Thanks
    MMC 9.06 is out, it's under software download for the htdv wonder at ati.com.

Thanks

Mmc 9.06

Quote Originally Posted by thatdude90210
    MMC 9.06 is out, it's under software download for the htdv wonder at ati.com.

Hey thanks.... thatdude90210!

https://support.ati.com/ics/support/...uestionID=1168

Wonder if it works.......

Jonas

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by blakev
    This kind of thing happens all the time: I don't mean for one particular piece of software either. What I mean is when you install different programs, they all try to appropriate the resources they need.
    So after you "test" a piece of soft, you've absolutely got to scrub it from your system before you install another with similar functions. Software engineers validate software with a fresh OS, after all, and lots of what's going on here is identical to validation.
    So if a soft crashes, we shouldn't rush to blame the soft: given whats been installed/uninstalled, the system might have no room for the soft to run without conflicts.

Another reason for us to hate ATi leaving people no choice but to run to 3rd party softs.

Why is this so hateful, ATi? it's very simple:

-Bundled Cyber-Soft is unstable and feature-free
    -In the search for 3rd party soft that works, user installs different softs
    -Without wanting to, user introduces software conflicts to his OS
    -Finally, when nothing works anymore, user wastes several hours reinstalling a fresh OS...

All this just to see if this "orphaned" card can be made to work as it should.

Wish we could send ATi the bill for all the wasted time...bah, they'd just tell us to buy an MCE.
    This is sooo true. I have re-installed XP 3 times within the past month after loading and removing: gottv, mediaportal, beyondtv, and cyberlink. Right now, I am sitting tight with gbpvr, praying sub will add support for the 550. The 550 sits silent while I run the 150's and the AIW 9800. It's kind of silly when you think about it---that my newest, latest, greatest TV card sits useless because of crappy software.

Hey thanks.... thatdude90210!
    https://support.ati.com/ics/support...questionID=1168
    Wonder if it works.......
    Jonas
    Jonas

You ready to take a bullet for the team? Anyone? I am interested whether MMC 9.06 helps the 550.

S.
    Last edited by satnav4; 09-03-2005 at 11:11 PM.

Thread Information