Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jonaslasky
    Wonder if it works.......
    It doesn't...
    I installed it but I get no 'TV' tab...

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by satnav4

Jonas

You ready to take a bullet for the team? Anyone? I am interested whether MMC 9.06 helps the 550.

S.

Unfortunately... it doesn't even want to install on my computer at all. It starts, then just dies without explanation. I'm guessing it's because I have nothing ATI on this particular computer other than the Theater 550. I might try it on my other computer with an ATI graphics card.... even then I'm not hopeful.

Jonas

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jonaslasky
    Unfortunately... it doesn't even want to install on my computer at all. It starts, then just dies without explanation. I'm guessing it's because I have nothing ATI on this particular computer other than the Theater 550. I might try it on my other computer with an ATI graphics card.... even then I'm not hopeful.

Jonas
    Thats an ancient bug with MMC, that will never the fixed

Thanks
    Andrzej: Any news on the IRE levels? (input a 0 or 7.5 IRE source)
    And, can the NTSC version capture through S-Video or composite a PAL source?

Rys: Couldn't find anything to make it work...

Cheers.

Registered+
    Thanks
    MMC 9.06: I have the tv tab, but it doesn't recognize the 550pro. Launching tv gets me a "tv failed to initialize the video" error. At least 9.03 used to get a picture, badly interlaced picture, but still something.

I guess now the theater 550 pro is officially orphaned.

Registered+
    Thanks
    Sage support of the 550 pro (link). I haven't tried it yet, and the support still is incomplete with the recording quality, but it's more than ATI is doing with MMC.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by thatdude90210
    MMC 9.06: I have the tv tab, but it doesn't recognize the 550pro. Launching tv gets me a "tv failed to initialize the video" error. At least 9.03 used to get a picture, badly interlaced picture, but still something.

I guess now the theater 550 pro is officially orphaned.
    So just when you thought it couldn't get any worse, they found a way to provide even less support. It boggles the mind.

S.

Thanks
    Gee, I sure am glad I am satisfied with Windows XP Media Center Edition. So little frustration. Good luck all.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ciregnol
    Gee, I sure am glad I am satisfied with Windows XP Media Center Edition. So little frustration. Good luck all.
    E L

When I get a free $140 to spend on MCE, I guess I will be happy too. But when I bought the 550 rather than another 150, I was definitely told I would not need MCE because I would have MMC. Anyway, good for you and the owners of Beyond TV and Sage TV. You've bailed out ATI a bit. If you didn't have that software, you would be in the soup with the rest of us.

S.

Thanks
    satnav4,

I have MCE2005, but I am not going to buy a card that will not allow me to use its features to their optimum.

Registered+
    Thanks
    I moved my 550 pro into my Sage TV system... the best part about that was that I got to uninstall Powercinema 3. Every theater 550pro user should have that joyful experience.

Sage TV with the 550 pro, some observations: Changing channel can result in the video hanging, you can work around that by closing the channel and using the guide to select another channel. Can't tweak the recording quality yet, and the Sagetv people have stated that multiple 550pros in a system likely will not work yet. So far everything else seem to work ok, co-existing fine with a pvr-250 card.

For now, I'll make the 550 pro the secondary recording card so that it will be used only when the pvr250 is busy. But when they iron out the bugs, I'll make it the primary card.

Thanks
    You know, it's kind of funny. This card's FOCUS is now Windows MCE, yet the card isn't even on the approved partner hardware list. My guess is because of the lack of sharpness settings, but who knows. The list was just updated on the 17th of Feb, so it is a pretty current list. One would think the 'ultimate' (according to ATI) Tv Tuner would be on this list!

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/m...erlisting.mspx

Thanks
    Has anyone else noticed that the channel recall button takes a lot less time to change the channel? I think its just slow because of the timeout when entering the channel manually....

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by bubbaganoush
    Has anyone else noticed that the channel recall button takes a lot less time to change the channel? I think its just slow because of the timeout when entering the channel manually....

What's reaaaally strange is that with VirtualVCR changing channels is instantaneous... with everything else it takes forever. Does anybody have a explanation for that. I'm telling you... if I could just get sound out of VirtualVCR, I'd be happy... I could forget ATI or BeyondTV ever existed.

Jonas

Thanks
    jonaslasky: I've noticed it too.
    I also noticed that (while playing with my GameCube) VirtualVCR is the only program that doesn't have a 2-3 second delay.
    BTW, the audio IS captured, but OUT OF SYNC and the quality is horrible.

Thanks
    Gee jonaslasky that sound dumb to use AVI tool all the time wouldn't you just be better off with reg AVI TV card.
    I agree min people are also want Game Mode for REALtime perview
    This card dose output YUY2 and PCM Audio you could just use GraphEdit or see there any programer out that are willing build to for this with AMCap Source Code
    Last edited by SHSPVR; 11-03-2005 at 10:13 PM.

Thread Information