Page 43 of 146 FirstFirst ... 3132333404142434445465363738393143 ... LastLast

Thread: New ATI Tuner Card.

Registered+
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by spacded
    Wow dude your buttons are easy to push and i am not trying to !!

Transcoding, variable bitrate, videosoap filters !! GET A LIFE!!

I just want the best picture and recordings possible

I mean your talking about recording TV shows !! not finding a cure for cancer or achieving world peace!

Quite a few people , in fact probably the majority just wants something that works in this case and thats what the 550 PRo is designed to do.

You said
    'technical folks need and were promised'

They changed their minds what is it about that you dont get?

A Promise is a comfort to a fool!!

Move on , change the record,

Can anymore MCE 2005 users please post their experiences , some of us in the targeted demographic of this card wanna hear them.

Ps I have been to Disneyland a few times its a fun place maybe you should try it. Mickey mouse told me to tell ya that MMC (MICKEY MOUSE COMPUTERS) is going to be supported in MMC 15!! enjoy the wait!!
    Right I will stick to my Hauppauge 150MCE for now
    Until Ati comes with something better
    I will read PAL experiences in the near future but will not buy it for the moment

Thanks
    A Promise is a comfort to a fool!!
    What should I promise you to comfort you?

Please remember your Happy Place: Happy Place for Basic TV Card Users
    Please go there.

S

Banned
    Thanks
    ERR your losing your grip mate!

Have a long hard think , take a deep breath , go for a walk

and realise your getting all bent out of shape over a TV recording card!!

and posting your sad link is boring the second time!!

really i think you have mental issues to resolve

Thanks

Video from DV Camera

Quote Originally Posted by satnav4
    Among other things, I am running a multi tuner setup to record several shows at once without taxing the machine. The tuner is a necessary.

In cases when I want to do an s-video capture, say from a DV camera with family video, I don't want to be stuck with "good, better, best" recording settings with no ability to set bitrate or variable bitrate recording. There is nothing worse than finishing your recording, only to find it is too big to fit on a dvd. Now you have to transcode to make it fit, losing quality all the while.

S.

If you want to record DV.. then use your firewire connection. Why would you feed it through an analog input? Keep it digital all the way.

Jonas

Thanks
    spacded
    It seems the only thing you want is to watch TV in your PC, but don't forget that the cards have a function to capture videos from different sources like VHS, Laserdisc, Hi8, etc.
    If I only wanted to watch TV, I would use a TV, but I bought the card so I could transform my dying VHS's, Hi8 recordings to DVD. The card has a TV tuner; great (I can watch TV while working on my PC), if it wouldn't have one, I would have bought it anyway because I was interested in the card for its capturing capabilities, and we were promised a GOOD CAPTURE card (besides being a TV tuner), and until now, the card doesn't perform as advertised (no comb filter...).
    So, if you are happy with the card, great. But there are some of us that are not happy with the card in its current state.

jonaslasky: I don't have a DV camera, so I AM interested in capturing video from my (analogue) camera.
    Last edited by hrlslcbr; 06-03-2005 at 07:38 PM.

Thanks

Transcoding, variable bitrate, videosoap filters !! GET A LIFE!!

Ps I have been to Disneyland a few times its a fun place maybe you should try it. Mickey mouse told me to tell ya that MMC (MICKEY MOUSE COMPUTERS) is going to be supported in MMC 15!! enjoy the wait!!

*Smack!

Someone should take that MCE from you and leave you sit with XP and powerenima for a few days! Then see how you feel, perhaps then you'll see why were complaining... The majority of users have XP home and dont want to spend another $140 for the MCE when they allready have a XP operating system...

Thanks
    ERR your losing your grip mate!

Have a long hard think , take a deep breath , go for a walk

and realise your getting all bent out of shape over a TV recording card!!

and posting your sad link is boring the second time!!

really i think you have mental issues to resolve
    I think you are.. whats your purpose posting in this thread? if your happy with your purchase, please leave, so those that arnt, can get what was advertised.

Incase you hadnt realised, there are laws against misleading advertising. Everyone that has bought one of these cards has the right to send it back because of the lack of MMC support if they wish (atleast in the UK).

Also,
    Exactly, this card was clearly designed with MCE as the Main software basis.
    ATI have now come out and said MMC is not on the list , get over it!!
    Not really. Infact the old chip would have been perfectly adequate for your average MCE user.

Quote Originally Posted by satnav4
    Among other things, I am running a multi tuner setup to record several shows at once without taxing the machine. The tuner is a necessary.

In cases when I want to do an s-video capture, say from a DV camera with family video, I don't want to be stuck with "good, better, best" recording settings with no ability to set bitrate or variable bitrate recording. There is nothing worse than finishing your recording, only to find it is too big to fit on a dvd. Now you have to transcode to make it fit, losing quality all the while.
    And why not have multiple cards with rage theater chips? Of course you'd also need multiple external tuners.. but if your watching anything other than crappy terrestrial then thats already assumed.
    I would be much more interested in how the software side of things works.. can you even use TWO tuners at once in windows? I would have assumed the WDM drivers wouldnt allow it..

With the rage theater under MMC you get full option of video codecs, and quality settings, including bitrate and variable bitrate.

That only leaves quality of video captured with rage theater chips. I have found under composite, it doesnt look that great - better than my old tv tuners (3 of them - PCTV200, mercury tv tuner, and a recent huuapge one - I think tv250 or something)

I will be getting a svideo cable for it, if your interested I can get some sample screeenshots/video of it.
    The 550 might be better, but I think this is much more than adequate, and its cheap, and has perfect software (MMC).
    Last edited by SilentDeath; 06-03-2005 at 08:12 PM.

Registered+
    Thanks
    ATI will have to add the missing functionality of the card in drivers since some of the missing stuff is required for MCE certification and since the drivers are the same whether XP or MCE we should get that soon. (listening ATI? MS will be not pleased if you break their rules) The problem however will be cyberlink and powerenema, they are under no obligation to add the driver enhancements to their product. After emailing and asking why I can only record to drive C:, they replyed they are looking into patching that.... <snorts> Want to bet that's a feature that will only show up in powerenema 4? Doesn't do us anygood since there's no upgrade path for bundled software.

Banned
    Thanks
    You dont follow any logic on this board whatsovever!!

I have said at least 5 times I DONT HAVE THIS CARD YET!!

I am interested in the experiences of people who have MCE 2005 on how they are finding it. I wish to watch AND record TV and this card is supposed to be the dogs danglies in that respect.

What i am hoping for is to use the MCE interface ONLY for my TV watching , recording, DVD playing etc etc

Currently with a PVR 250 hauppage card the TV watching part is about 90% as good as my regular TV via STB.So I use the regular TV for watching TV and switch to MCE for recording playback , music, DVD etc

What Im hoping for is that the LIVE TV picture as cleaned up by the 550 Pro chip TV wonder elite etc etc.

This ability to produce a SUPERB LIVE TV image as good as a top range TV was/IS one of the main selling points of this Card

Seeing as this is a thread about this card I am hoping that some people here can talk about their experience in this respect

And BTW if you have a look at the history of this Thread you will note that some of your members have been somewhat less than polite about me
    with NO PROVOCATION on my part.

SO why dont you tell them to mind their manners

Ps you guys seem to drop cash on hardware at the drop of a hat, MCE 2005 bought with a £3 mouse can be had for about £70 why not just buy it?

Thanks

Ps you guys seem to drop cash on hardware at the drop of a hat, MCE 2005 bought with a £3 mouse can be had for about £70 why not just buy it?

I actualy have a copy of mce and after it instals I cant get the nforce 3 drivers and 6800 ultra drivers to instal... About 3 hours later I gave the CD to a frend along with the CD key and wished him luck! MCE is nothing but XP with a added app... Yet its so damn bugy.. Just not worth my time to try again...

Besides, why would anyone want MCE? Win64 is a few months away and longhorns a few months away from 64 bit XP is soon going to be retiered!

Thanks
    This ability to produce a SUPERB LIVE TV image as good as a top range TV was/IS one of the main selling points of this Card
    I believe that 'the ability to clean up ANALOGUE VIDEO was/is the real selling point'...

Thanks
    I agree that the software support for the 550s are somewhat lacking, but Im loving my theater 550. The quality beats regular TV anyday and I love the pause live tv function.
    Seems like most people are upset because of the lack of recording customizability but I think that can be solved once more third party apps add support for it.

Banned
    Thanks
    'actualy have a copy of mce and after it instals I cant get the nforce 3 drivers and 6800 ultra drivers to instal... About 3 hours later I gave the CD to a frend along with the CD key and wished him luck! MCE is nothing but XP with a added app... Yet its so damn bugy.. Just not worth my time to try again...

Besides, why would anyone want MCE? Win64 is a few months away and longhorns a few months away from 64 bit XP is soon going to be retiered!'

Well u need to learn how to install it properly!!!, its actually a very stable sytem and I have had it working perfectly from when I first installed approx 5 months ago!! I have never missed a recording and its easy for the missus to use.

Longhorns being knocking about for so long its a joke and 64 Bit Windows is just a way of selling people 64 Bit processors, there is no current practical reason why anybody needs a 64 bit operating sytem and it wont be needed for some time to come.And when it does come You really think it wont have bugs in it!!

My MCE 2005 is running on 2 gig processor and board thats at least a couple of years old, no problemo.

Thanks

Well u need to learn how to install it properly!!!, its actually a very stable sytem and I have had it working perfectly from when I first installed approx 5 months ago!! I have never missed a recording and its easy for the missus to use.

Longhorns being knocking about for so long its a joke and 64 Bit Windows is just a way of selling people 64 Bit processors, there is no current practical reason why anybody needs a 64 bit operating sytem and it wont be needed for some time to come.And when it does come You really think it wont have bugs in it!!

My MCE 2005 is running on 2 gig processor and board thats at least a couple of years old, no problemo.
    How does one instal it properly?

Longhorn is next like it or not were all gona be stuck with it... (non linux fans)

64 bit is very practical indeed! Not only is it faster but it alows apps to run more eficently... < sorry cant spell

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by bubbaganoush
    I agree that the software support for the 550s are somewhat lacking, but Im loving my theater 550. The quality beats regular TV anyday and I love the pause live tv function.
    Spaced, there's a good remark for you. The TV quality is better.

Quote Originally Posted by bubbaganoush
    Seems like most people are upset because of the lack of recording customizability but I think that can be solved once more third party apps add support for it.
    I agree. Also , as Myrdhinn said, no matter how ATi twists about, they are going to have to conform to MS' spec one of these days: not much consolation as we speak, but there is still hope of decent drivers round the corner. A good dev person can always find the handles in a driver and bring his 3rd party app up to scratch: ATi can make it easier by cooperating, of course.

Quote Originally Posted by spaced
    I am interested in the experiences of people who have MCE 2005 on how they are finding it. I wish to watch AND record TV and this card is supposed to be the dogs danglies in that respect.
    Perfectly legitimate for you to try to find this info. As you've been reading along, though, you can't help but notice that few of us here really want to pay for MCE (which is just ME with a C in it, after all) and you must admit that ATi continues to affirm that we will get the expected performance from the card without MCE.
    However some of us have graciously offered info to the list on how the card plays with their MCE, and you have become more informed thanks to them.

So no new thread about "Theatre Pro 550 + MCE" has formed at Hexus, cos the info's here.

But if you want to attract folks to address this point, instead of wading through the posts here that you object to, or find repetitive or obtuse, why don't you just simply start a thread like that?

If you feel I insulted you, I apologize. I didn't mean to. And I promise, I am getting over it. People saying here that a spanking new ATi driver released, let's say Friday the 11th of March, solves lots of issues would help me get over it even faster.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jonaslasky
    If you want to record DV.. then use your firewire connection. Why would you feed it through an analog input? Keep it digital all the way.

Jonas
    Good point. My current transfer is from an older, analog 8mm camera. I have plenty of those tapes.

S.

Thread Information