• PSU:
      • Antec SmartPower 500W
      • Case:
      • Coolermaster Elite 330
      • Monitor(s):
      • 2x AG Neovo F419
      • Internet:
      • Virgin Media 20mbit
    Well the inside part of the two composite connectors, wire them together.
    Home cinema: Toshiba 42XV555DB Full HD LCD | Onkyo TX-SR705 | NAD C352 | Monitor Audio Bronze B2 | Monitor Audio Bronze C | Monitor Audio Bronze BFX | Yamaha NSC120 | BK Monolith sub | Toshiba HD-EP35 HD-DVD | Samsung BD-P1400 BluRay Player | Pioneer DV-575 | Squeezebox3 | Virgin Media V+ Box
    PC: Asus P5B | Core2duo 2.13GHz | 2GB DDR2 PC6400 | Inno3d iChill 7900GS | Auzentech X-Plosion 7.1 | 250GB | 500GB | NEC DVDRW | Dual AG Neovo 19"
    HTPC: | Core2Duo E6420 2.13GHz | 2GB DDR2 | 250GBx2 | Radeon X1300 | Terratec Aureon 7.1 | Windows MCE 2005
    Laptop: 1.5GHz Centrino | 512MB | 60GB | 15" Wide TFT | Wifi | DVDRW

Thanks
    I'm not going to get a chance to do any more work on the project until Saturday now, which is a shame, but come Saturday I should at least get the rig working - dunno about actually installing it.
    PHP Code:
    $s = new signature();
    $s->sarcasm()->intellect()->font('Courier New')->display(); 

Thanks
    Yea you could rewire the conenctors or something to get it on. I used a playstation to test mine (you have to take off the bottom of the bezel or the power conenctor gets in the way - it being designed for ps_one etc...).
    You may want to order 3x75ohm resistors, and build one of these into the vga cable, though I think thats only nessacary on dual head cards.... and with my 9700 it doesnt really make any difference if I use it or not, but it can be usefull...

Getting timings right with powerstrip is a PITA and takes about an hour, but after that it works well...

Thanks
    Furthermore, the mod site has a schematic for a 7.5V voltage reg circuit.

Now considering the voltage from the AC/DC adapter that comes with it isn't going to be rectified very well, surely you can just get away with pulling 7V from the PSU? Any thoughts?
    PHP Code:
    $s = new signature();

Thanks
    You could... but assuming your 12v rail is slightly week, which tbh 99% are, its not going to work. Someone at bit-tech noticed they dont work below 6.9-7v, so using 7v is going to be very close.

Link to the scematic would be very usefull... or would you know anywhere selling lm78075 regulators?

Thanks
    i tried wiring mine directly to the psu as 7volts & the power wires got really hot ! ( i probs did something wrong !) ...thats why i ended up using the cigarette lighter adaptor wired to 12volts onto the psu

Thanks
    Well my 12V rail dips to 12.2 when the comp is.... damn I'm checking the voltage on the wrong damn PC! Silly me.

Anyhow - http://forums.kickassamd.com/viewtop...r=asc&start=30 this is the mod but sometimes it doesn't work.

I'm thinking, why don't I just pull 8.7V from +12V and +3.3V then regulate it down to 7.5? That'll give me the amps I need and plenty of room to play.
    PHP Code:
    $s = new signature();

Thanks
    That schematic lol! The person that did it looks like he doesnt really know anything about it, hence why it doesnt work...

IIRC the lcd is an inductive load, not a resistive one, so do we need ferrite thingys around the power cables to stop back emf? In the same thread you ink too osme one burnt out there cable I assume back emf might have caused it?

the load isnt constant, so resistors wouldnt be much help....? What about using a zerner diode to regulate it?
    Last edited by SilentDeath; 07-05-2004 at 01:44 PM.

Thanks
    Yes the guy doesn't seem to know much electronics, lol.

He's having more luck with FET's though. Also using diodes across the input (reverse polarity) should prevent back EMF, if I remember rightly.
    PHP Code:
    $s = new signature();

Thanks

This is the LCD running off a Voodoo3 as a secondary monitor. I ignored posts about it not working on the V3 and tried anyway - I could make out the image, but the scan rates and synch just don't work right.

And this is what happened to my Voodoo 3. I'm pleased to say that tomorrow I'll be doing this to my Radeon 9000 - although I'll test it before I solder it this time, lol.
    PHP Code:
    $s = new signature();

Thanks
    Dont see why it shouldnt work.... Has the card got CSYNC? if not you can make a CSYNC circuit from the HSYNC + VSYNC.

Really it just looks like its missing the sync/timings. eevn on my 9700 mine looked very much like that for most of the time, it really does take ages getting the timings right. Make sure the res is 720*576 too.. thats what the screens designed for. Pixel clock anwhere between 12k and 17k. H thingy is 14k-17k and V thingy is ~22-27k (25k works best, its designed for it, but that affects the others and depends on what your card can do...)
    Each screen seems to need differnet timings, although more likely its the gfx card causing incompatable timings with other peoples cards/screens (I tryed to copy several PAL screen timings with no sucsess..)

I will be doing this with a 3dfx banshee once my 9700 goes back in, maybe even running on a diff comp too... could even use my nans old gfx card (1mb unbranded) or mr. s3 virge.

Also put the screens case back on - saves you damaging it. Theres a lot of high voltage (~1.8kv) traces on the pcb (for the ccfl backlight) and you dont want to bridge them with your finger (wont hurt , but could easly kill it)...
    I found touching some of the components gave funny lines and stuff and altered the colours, which was fun

Im going to order a 1A lm7808 from maplin later, should be perfect... note that 7v mod WONT work and could probably fry half your lcd and gfx card becuase the vga is in respect to 0v, whiel teh lcd is being feed 5v AS 0v...

Thanks
    Well I'll totally diregard your casing recommendation Silent

Anyway, I can get the thing to work on my Radders 9k, but it won't detect it unless it's the only thing in the system, I guess I need resistors!
    PHP Code:
    $s = new signature();

Thanks
    OK then, after a quick trip to Maplins for some 75ohm resistors I have it sorted!

I had a little problem at first whereby the thing was cloning at bootup but then turning off my 19" CRT in windows - it's hard to work off an unconfigured PSOne LCD!

So, I took one resistor out the back VGA connector, and booted (interestingly it detected and cloned onto the LCD with only two resistors.) In windows the LCD was listed as unconnected. So I stuck the third resistor in and checked... and was able to turn the LCD on through the radeon panel. I have now got timings set up and am in the process of finishing the wiring. I won't have it mounted in my case for a bit though - need to work out the best way of doing it.

Pics to follow.
    PHP Code:
    $s = new signature();

Thanks
    daz_uk30: Is that mounted in the 3 1/2" drive bays? Is so I am guessing that is 4 bays high?
    What case is that?

Cheers

Thanks
    the case is a lian li pc-65 & the screen fits in 3 bays high

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by daz_uk30
    the case is a lian li pc-65 & the screen fits in 3 bays high
    Shame, really fancy doing this mod, but my Coolermaster 210 only has 2 3 1/2's

Don't have enough 5 1/4's free either

Thread Information