• See My Sig
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10
      • Monitor(s):
      • See My Sig
      • Internet:
      • 60mbit Sky LLU

Re: Prototype

This game kicks ass - uber violent and quite innovative. Much fun, very happy.
    Crosshair VIII Hero (WIFI), 3900x, 32GB DDR4, Many SSDs, EVGA FTW3 3090, Ethoo 719

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by CaseyV9 View Post
    I am at the stage where:

I have just figured out how to use the devastators. Awesome. Now my game is never button bashing.

I got to a base with these detector thingies. You cannot get in the base without setting off the detectors. You can literally take them out from the roof tops and dive into an alley to morph back into a soldier on the ground so you can sneak back in. I took out 2 to get to the commander. Once inside I devoured everyone worth while, killed everyone and morphed back into a soldier and walked outside. I highlighted the last detector on target and called for an air strike See me try to runn out the base before the bombs drops.

This game is really good now. I'm usig the whip ability to grapple helicopters so I can pull myself up and hijack them. Combat has slowed down for me. It's no longer manic. I'm calculating every move and kicking ass. This game has got to be at least an 8 out of ten. FTW.
    Just out of interest Casey. Are you playing with a 360 controller or keyboard/mouse?

Thanks
    • Guppy's system
      • Motherboard:
      • ASRock Z170 Extreme4
      • CPU:
      • Intel i7 6700K
      • Memory:
      • 16GB DDR4 3200
      • Storage:
      • Adata 1TB NVMe
      • Graphics card(s):
      • GTX 1070
      • PSU:
      • Corsair HX750
      • Case:
      • Fractal Design Define R4
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10 Pro x64
      • Monitor(s):
      • Asus MG279Q
      • Internet:
      • 100MB

Absolutely love this game, been playing it on the PC with a logitech rumblepad controller with no problems, except the targeting system is rubbish. I just finished the Elizabeth Greene boss fight and my god it is one of the most frustrating fights I've ever completed. Its just so bloody manic and takes so long to kill her all the while hunters and alike are kicking your ass. It doesn't help that the targeting system is a pile of poo. Even so amazing game.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Singh400 View Post
    Just out of interest Casey. Are you playing with a 360 controller or keyboard/mouse?
    Mouse and keyboard.

Thanks

Mouse and keyboard.
    Ahh kk. Still playing with the 360 controller here.

Finally got round to do a mission last night (after I got bored doing random **** - can you believe it?). Finally learnt how to use the target system properly. And it does work....sort of. Still very clumsy, but does what it says on the tin.

Also got some new powers, Claws woo! And upgraded to stealth consume. Upgrading jumping and running ability, as well as max health. Nothing else really grabs my eye, unless you guys have some favourite upgrades?

Thanks

Ahh kk. Still playing with the 360 controller here.

Finally got round to do a mission last night (after I got bored doing random **** - can you believe it?). Finally learnt how to use the target system properly. And it does work....sort of. Still very clumsy, but does what it says on the tin.

Also got some new powers, Claws woo! And upgraded to stealth consume. Upgrading jumping and running ability, as well as max health. Nothing else really grabs my eye, unless you guys have some favourite upgrades?
    I have fully maxed out all movement skills. But there is a problem. Now the streets are manic. I cannot run along the rooftops without getting the military after me. Now it's tanks and strike teams. This means, if you want to survive 5 secs you need to activate your Armour. This means you cannot glide or run as fast as I have upgraded too.

Also, the military bases are now inpossible. You cannot get in the outer part without these alarms going off. So I ran in, ate the commander and made a break for the door like I did in and early mission. But it wouldn't let me in. It told me I had to come back once the alarm was over. I had to morph into my natural form, run to an alleyway to morph back into a commander. Then I sprinted back into the base and got through the door before the alarms went off.

Sometimes I feel like tareing my hair out. But I always come back and approach the mission in a different way and really start to enjoy it. So it's bouts of Excellence and frustration. Thing is, It's gradually getting more and more frustrating. It slowly penalising me for using my abilities.

Thanks
    • Haiku32's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Abit IP-35 Dark Raider
      • CPU:
      • Q6600 @ 3.0gHz
      • Memory:
      • 2GB
      • Storage:
      • Western Digital 500GB
      • Graphics card(s):
      • XFX 8800GTS 640mb
      • PSU:
      • Corsair 520W
      • Case:
      • Antec 900
      • Operating System:
      • Vista Premium 64bit
      • Monitor(s):
      • Samsung 20" + LG 22"
      • Internet:
      • Virgin Media 16Mb

I'm on the inevitable boss battle with Elizabeth Greene... it's SO frustrating. Makes me not want to play the game .

Thanks

Ah man, I didn't know she was the end boss Damn it.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Haiku32 View Post
    I'm on the inevitable boss battle with Elizabeth Greene... it's SO frustrating. Makes me not want to play the game .
    I am up to a point where I am in a major battle with her. Not the pretty girl with a nice ass I remember. Make up makes all the difference.

If she is the last battle I may restart. Take time to try out events and explore.

Thanks
    • Haiku32's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Abit IP-35 Dark Raider
      • CPU:
      • Q6600 @ 3.0gHz
      • Memory:
      • 2GB
      • Storage:
      • Western Digital 500GB
      • Graphics card(s):
      • XFX 8800GTS 640mb
      • PSU:
      • Corsair 520W
      • Case:
      • Antec 900
      • Operating System:
      • Vista Premium 64bit
      • Monitor(s):
      • Samsung 20" + LG 22"
      • Internet:
      • Virgin Media 16Mb

Don't worry, when you beat the game you can go into free roam with all your upgrades and do all the side missions, get more upgrades and collect the orbs and stuff .

Thanks

If she is the last battle I may restart. Take time to try out events and explore.
    Events are brilliant. I'm doing them more than the missions. So of the golds are really hard to get. Very challenging. Some goes for some orbs, theres one orb ontop of the empire state building spike.

Lovin' it!

Also bought a **** load of upgrades now, glide, dash, double dash, and whole host of the other movement ones. Although glide gets annoying occasionally, especially when you are trying to do a event and you need precision. Going flying off in another direction is not fun, when you are against the clock

Thanks

Events are brilliant. I'm doing them more than the missions. So of the golds are really hard to get. Very challenging. Some goes for some orbs, theres one orb ontop of the empire state building spike.

Lovin' it!

Also bought a **** load of upgrades now, glide, dash, double dash, and whole host of the other movement ones. Although glide gets annoying occasionally, especially when you are trying to do a event and you need precision. Going flying off in another direction is not fun, when you are against the clock
    Yeah, I found the world side of it very boaring and samey compared to GTA 4. Of course, with amazing ammount of people and action on screen, you do not notice IMO. You cannot even see the streets half the time All this meant was that I have not wanted to explore the city. It felt more like a tool for my abilities than an enviroment for exploration. Although some places were good. I got near the end with still a lot of abilities I have not got or used. Or I discovered them too late in the game. Other ways to play.

I think it would have been best to play events as I had unlocked them. Then I would have had more ways to approach the main quest
    Last edited by CaseyV9; 18-06-2009 at 11:01 PM.

Thanks

Finnished. Completed it.

You can start again with all your skills as they were when yo finnished it.

Not a bad game at all. I was a bit annoyed at the story though. The opening started off really good. Like an old PC game. Was very promising. Then it just had a long phase of the cut scenes simply telling you who you are after next.

And all the bits where I kept dying didn't really annoy me. It made me think of other ways to approach things. A good game for when I just want a bit of action.

Fallout 3 DLC on the way 23rd of this month.

Thanks

Just read this:

360 Magazine

I think I agree with some of that. Not sure I like being called an idiot for liking it though.
    I think they miss the point. It's good fun. Kind of reminds me of Double dragon or final fight years

Thanks

Thumbs up Re: Prototype

Ooops, forgot to update this thread, I've been talking about it on another forum aswell...

Quote Originally Posted by me at 03:20am
    This game is seriously brilliant. Just played one more mission. It unlocked a whole host of things. You can infiltrate your military bases to upgrade to your skills. Like weapon handling, weapon firing. The ability to hijack tanks, and I presume ‘copters later on. The power to call arty on your enemy, as well as web of intrigues targets, you can consume highlighted military people for upgraded armour on the tank and stuff.

I got 1 million EP points today So I decided to buy everything available. Which left me with 600k Anyhoo, because I spend most of my time, just playing around, I just scored another 1 mil

Also, because I've mostly just been exploring the city, I've found a good chunk of the blue and pink orbs. Giving me a huge EP boost

Most of that was provided by the very cool side missions – consume. Where you consume one target, and then you have to consume the next 3 people in 2 minutes etc etc. Has various variations where you have to steal a certain disguise, infiltrate a military base and consume the target, and exit without raising the alarm. It’s ****ing ace!

I’m going to have plenty of fun with the tank now that I can hijack/steal one : Already destroyed 2 strike teams

Ahhhh, you only get games like these once every couple of years. It is easily one of my favourite games. That being said, I don’t really know the story, I skip most cut scenes (uh oh). But I don’t need some random dude telling me to kill the monsters – because I am already! DIE MONSTERS DIE!

Oh oh oh, I did NOT know you could kill a helicopter with 2 flying kicks. Now that was just unexpected! I was on a random roof, had a go, and I nailed the sucked like Obama-san

Edit* Holy ****, it's 3:20am!
    ...and then some time later...

Quote Originally Posted by me
    Did another mission, got 22 new upgrades and bought them all But now I've only got 600k EP left. Looks like more whoring coming up. The whips rocks :smashin: Mass muscle looks alright too. Thermal vision is a bit useless. I recommend that you get the shield power. It protects you from virtually anything, I'm nearing on indestructable with that one + 2 critcial mass upgrades.

Anyone used a Devastor attack yet? Haven't been forced to use it yet, I've mananged with wall jumping + claws and just pwning 50+ army people.

Also, regarding the sound issue, the fix is to enable sound equalization. Sounds alot better for me now

Honestly, I haven't been raving mad about a game like this since the good old days of Mafia.
    Can you tell I love this game?

Thanks

Ooops, forgot to update this thread, I've been talking about it on another forum aswell...

...and then some time later...

Can you tell I love this game?
    It didn't turn out too bad.

It's keeping me interested for another play through with all the abilities I earned from my previous game.

Starting again helps you play the way you want. You don't need to worry about anything. I'm blowing up tanks and helicopters with ease and pulling off devestator attacks every minute
    It's a great powertrip game.

Did you know that you can actually blow up the miltary base buildings like the Hives? I'm doing it after reaping what's inside. Doing so stops the strike teams being called in.

Also trying out the mini games in it. Although, building up a decent ammount of XP takes forever at the moment.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread Information