View Poll Results: Do you believe in aliens?

Voters
124. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes I believe there are aliens out there

102 82.26%
  • No, there is no such thing as aliens.

22 17.74%
Page 1 of 9 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Do you believe in aliens

Thanks

Do you believe in aliens

This thread is kind of going along the lines of the god one. I've seen loads of websites with 'proof' and some interesting images.

Post your thoughts.

Thanks
    Aliens being creatures not from this planet. Yes, theres too many stars for there not to be.

Aliens visiting us from other worlds in glowing blobs which hover in the sky. No, anything that can invent a vehicle capable of travelling accross the galaxy should be able to make it without flashing lights on it.

Ben

Thanks
    Any links to the interesting images?

Thanks
    The probability of aliens not existing, in a universe of infinite possibilities?

Impossible
    Quote Originally Posted by Saracen View Post
    And by trying to force me to like small pants, they've alienated me.

Thanks
    What silent ben said basically. There's far too many planets out there for life not to exist on at least one of them

Thanks
    Well, we're here. so why not someone else somewhere too?

And as for intertellar travel, why not? If the dinosaurs hadn't died out, then how far would they have evolved with another 65 million years under their belts? Who's to say that another race hasn't developed, but didn't get wiped out in some sort of global cataclysm? That would give them a £65 million year head start on us at LEAST! In that time I'm pretty sure that they'd be able to master everything needed to travel across the galaxy easily, utilising ideas which we are only talking about as hypothetical things now....

As for all this aduction stuff? I reckon the Grolsch advert sums it all up nicely... travel millions of light years and abduct a hick from the sticks? I don't think so....

And as for lights in the sky? You never know, maybe they're into cold bloo cathodes too? Perhaps they've found e-buyer is the bst deal around but just can't get delivery so they have to collect?
    Quote Originally Posted by Dareos View Post
    "OH OOOOHH oOOHHHHHHHOOHHHHHHH FILL ME WITH YOUR.... eeww not the stuff from the lab"

Thanks
    here's a thought:
    we've just begun experimenting with nano-technology. maybe aliens have gone further and made nano-scientific-observation-robots and sent them here to spy on us? being so small they wouldn't attract attention, nor would they have any difficultly going through our atmosphere.
    idea taken from a random /. post

Thanks
    • da_ging's system
      • CPU:
      • E5200 @ 3.75Ghz
      • Memory:
      • 4GB kingston HyperX 8500
      • Storage:
      • 2*WD640gb in Raid 0 +500gb 32mb seagate
      • Graphics card(s):
      • BFG GTX 260 Maxcore OC2
      • PSU:
      • Corsair 650w TX
      • Case:
      • Stacker 831 black
      • Operating System:
      • XP Pro
      • Monitor(s):
      • 23" fujitsu 3230t LCD 1920*1080
      • Internet:
      • 8mb
    i believe mars probably had life on it ,there's no reason why is shouldnt have had

do i believe aliens are here amongst us dont see why not , but doubt it very much

do i believe in flying saucers errrm nope ,well not untill i see 1 anyway

whats gets me is ppl will believe in gods but not the possablity of aliens when technically any god would be an alien

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by da_ging
    whats gets me is ppl will believe in gods but not the possablity of aliens when technically any god would be an alien
    That's one that's had me thinking before!

I don't believe in a God as such - religion seems a bit too idealistic to me, and very controlling - call me a cynic. However, I wouldn't rule out the possibilty that another life form in the universe had some hand to play in our existence, after all, we have a hand in the preservation of life on our planet - saving endangered animals for example.
    PHP Code:
    $s = new signature();
    $s->sarcasm()->intellect()->font('Courier New')->display(); 

only the finest beef
    Thanks
    Anyone that says "there's no such thing as aliens" ask them to prove it

Spider pig, spider pig
    Thanks
    Well, I can say why I *think* there's not...

As I said in the other 'God thread', I believe in God and in Him creating us. Thus, I believe we weren't here by chance. In fact, I don't believe that intelligent life can form just by 'chance', but requires the guiding hand of God. (Sorry, enough with the religion, I know how much you lot all hae it!) But its a logical reason to me why they shouldn't exist.

If you believe that we exist due to chance, then there is no way there are no other life forms at least as intelligent as us, infinite possibilities etc.

Of course, my understanding of what the bible says, and therefore what I believe is limited, so there could well be aliens anyway. Meh. What do I know?

Thanks
    Considering the size of the universe and the number of known solar systems it seems extremely likely that alien lifeforms exists. It is also quite likely that some of these have developed into intelligent lifeforms.

I would be a trifle dubious about some of the possible alien/ufo sightings though.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ab1385
    Well, I can say why I *think* there's not...

As I said in the other 'God thread', I believe in God and in Him creating us. Thus, I believe we weren't here by chance. In fact, I don't believe that intelligent life can form just by 'chance', but requires the guiding hand of God. (Sorry, enough with the religion, I know how much you lot all hae it!) But its a logical reason to me why they shouldn't exist.

If you believe that we exist due to chance, then there is no way there are no other life forms at least as intelligent as us, infinite possibilities etc.

Of course, my understanding of what the bible says, and therefore what I believe is limited, so there could well be aliens anyway. Meh. What do I know?
    But does the Bible actually say that God only created us?
    I know he created us in his image etc but he also created loads of other animals so is there nothing to say he didnt create other animals/etc on other planets?

Thanks
    Anyone see the Big Brother intro on friday? One of the female contestants believes that life on earth was created by aliens and PRAYS TO THEM DAILY (BWAHAHAHA)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by turkster
    But does the Bible actually say that God only created us?
    I know he created us in his image etc but he also created loads of other animals so is there nothing to say he didnt create other animals/etc on other planets?
    The Bible is silent on the matter.

Shouldn't there be a third option? - I don't know.

Maybe even a fourth? - Who cares?

Not to be flippant, but I wonder as to the real relevance of the question. I mean it's nice to ponder, but that seems to be it.

What irks me is spending billions on space programs to investigate rocks, while there are many scientists trying to scrape together pennies to spend investigating the remaining mysteries of our own planet - in particular, the oceans.

I say - let's finish looking at our own rock before we spend tax payer money looking at rocks farther away.
    No trees were harmed in the creation of this message. However, many electrons were displaced and terribly inconvenienced.

Thanks
    It's nice and healthy to see that more than twice as many people on here believe in aliens than believe in God.

Page 1 of 9 1234 ... LastLast

Thread Information