Page 113 of 121 FirstFirst ... 1363738393103110111112113114115116 ... LastLast
Results 1,793 to 1,808 of 1921

Thread: Who's still playing WoW then?

Thanks

Re: Who's still playing WoW then?

you will hopefully get it all back Steve.

i spent a few hours tonight wiping in the new 25man, the trash hits rather hard.. and we had to use cc! havent had to cc for a year or so!

Thanks
    • Allen's system
      • Motherboard:
      • ASUS Maximus VIII Gene
      • CPU:
      • Intel Core i5 6600K
      • Memory:
      • 2 x 8GB Kingston HyperX Predator DDR4-3000
      • Storage:
      • 256GB Samsung 950 PRO NVMe M.2 (OS) + 2 x 512GB Samsung 960 EVO in RAID 0 (Games)
      • Graphics card(s):
      • ASUS ROG Strix GeForce GTX 1080 Ti OC
      • PSU:
      • XFX P1-650X-NLG9 XXX 650W Modular
      • Case:
      • Fractal Design Node 804
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10 Home 64-bit
      • Monitor(s):
      • 27" BenQ XL2730Z + 23" Dell U2311H
      • Internet:
      • Virgin Media 200Mbps

Harsh Steve, harsh... Sadly it's happening far too often in WoW. Gold buyers are to blame for this though because Gold sellers are the ones who hack accounts to get easy gold.

And you will get it all back, most people do. I know a few who got back a lot more than they had before the account was hacked. One example, someone who was offline for a few weeks, came back to a hacked account. Blizzard restored it and he had several thousand gold more then he had before, plus 450 mining and skinning and hundreds and hundreds of the skinning and mining mats along with other BoE's! Made a fortune from it.

Anyway, I've given up with raiding in WoW at the moment. It's impossible to pug without achievements and high GS (HATE this damn addon), and without them I can't get in to raids to get them. Catch 22.

Also, PvP is so crap these days, all you come up against are people in full Gladiator gear of some sort, so farming honour for PvP gear is pointless.

So, I decided to start a new character, back on Arathor, and do as much in Azeroth before it's all changed for good. It's actually quite enjoyable. Normally I rush to 58 to get into Outlands, but so far I've done all quests I can find in each zone in Kalimdor except Feralas, Tanaris, Azshara, Felwood, Un'Goro, Winterspring and Silithus. Have about 3 days played and am almost 50, but I will get Kalimdor done soon. Then I only have Eastern Kingdoms to do which should take less time.

Also doing all dungeons and quite a bit of PvP along the way, as well as gathering all skinning and mining materials I can.

Once I've done Kalimdor, I may switch to herbalism and enchanting, gather mats for all professions I could possibly want whilst again doing all 1-60 zones there. Looking forward to it!

Banhammer in peace PeterB kalniel's Avatar
    Thanks
    • kalniel's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Ultra
      • CPU:
      • Intel i9 9900k
      • Memory:
      • 32GB DDR4 3200 CL16
      • Storage:
      • 1TB Samsung 970Evo+ NVMe
      • Graphics card(s):
      • nVidia GTX 1060 6GB
      • PSU:
      • Seasonic 600W
      • Case:
      • Cooler Master HAF 912
      • Operating System:
      • Win 10 Pro x64
      • Monitor(s):
      • Dell S2721DGF
      • Internet:
      • rubbish

Sounds like Blizzard are better than NCSoft in that respect. I had my 4+ year guild wars account similarly wiped and they just said 'tough' :/

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Allen View Post
    Anyway, I've given up with raiding in WoW at the moment. It's impossible to pug without achievements and high GS (HATE this damn addon), and without them I can't get in to raids to get them. Catch 22.

Also, PvP is so crap these days, all you come up against are people in full Gladiator gear of some sort, so farming honour for PvP gear is pointless.
    I understand what you mean about the achievements and gearscore problem. but i haven't really had an issue as i've been fortunate enough to have friends and a good guild to help me along. the raiding situation suits me quite well now, as in i am geared enough to heal ICC25 and have a guild competant enough to do it.. and i only raid when i want too and still feel like we "progress". it's not like the older days when you had to commit to X ammount of raiding days a week, all of which you needed, just in order to see the end of Black Temple, or Molten Core.

As for the PvP issue, i guess i find that as i enjoy it mostly and casually play arena and battlegrounds and now have mostly wrathfull offpieces and relentless main.

i suppose what i'm saying is that for me i think the game is in a reasonable place in its life!

Thanks
    • Infinite's system
      • Motherboard:
      • MSI GD80
      • CPU:
      • Intel i5 750
      • Memory:
      • Kingston 16GB
      • Storage:
      • 120GB OCZ Agility 3
      • Graphics card(s):
      • GTX 460 SLI
      • PSU:
      • Corsair HX 650W
      • Case:
      • Silverstone TJ09B-W
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 7 Pro - 64-bit
      • Monitor(s):
      • Dell S2309W
      • Internet:
      • Infinity

Your just not trying hard enough. When a guy says "LFM ......" just whisper "inv" and you'll probably get into a group straight away. If they want the achievement http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-a...ievements.aspx you can fake it

With the gear score thing, 5k GS is easily obtainable, just do your daily HCs and grind away at the heroic dungeons until you have full tier 9 and the rest of the Emblem of Triumph gear, then do the ICC heroic dungeons to get some more 232 gear. Wrathful off pieces e.g. neck and cape that can be obtained with just honor will boost your GS by loads. With 5k GS you should easily be able to get into ICC10/25 raids that only target the 4 or 6 bosses. With the raid buff now at 25% it is practically fail proof, sort of.

Thanks
    • Allen's system
      • Motherboard:
      • ASUS Maximus VIII Gene
      • CPU:
      • Intel Core i5 6600K
      • Memory:
      • Storage:
      • 256GB Samsung 950 PRO NVMe M.2 (OS) + 2 x 512GB Samsung 960 EVO in RAID 0 (Games)
      • Graphics card(s):
      • PSU:
      • Case:
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10 Home 64-bit
      • Monitor(s):
      • Internet:
      • Virgin Media 200Mbps

Yeah, I know, I probably am too lazy. I am in a raiding guild, but since there's very few raiders, getting a spot isn't easy. Especially since I dunno when I can play, so logging on at the last minute doesn't normally get me an invite.

As for pugs, well, they normally just fail and I can't be bothered with the hassle of getting locked etc. I know gear is easier to get now, without setting foot in ICC my tank has 5.3k GS but that's still not enough for most pugs, plus I don't have the achievements (and I wouldn't bother lying about them either).

Anyway, I've done a lot in WotLK, much more than I did in Vanilla and about the same as TBC, so I'm happy. Just waiting for the new content and working on these achievements before they go (or change).

In Cata I will make sure I concentrate on 1 or 2 chars instead of 5 or 6, when you start to fall behind in gear levels it becomes much harder to get in to catch up. Same with PvP. IMHO of course.

Thanks
    • Terbinator's system
      • Motherboard:
      • ASRock H61M
      • CPU:
      • Intel Xeon 1230-V3
      • Memory:
      • Geil Evo Corsa 2133/8GB
      • Storage:
      • M4 128GB, 2TB WD Red
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Gigabyte GTX Titan
      • PSU:
      • Corsair AX760i
      • Case:
      • Coolermaster 130
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 8.1 Pro
      • Monitor(s):
      • Dell Ultrasharp U2711H
      • Internet:
      • Virgin Media 60Mb.

I see DX11 is being implemented in the new expansion.
    Kalniel: "Nice review Tarinder - would it be possible to get a picture of the case when the components are installed (with the side off obviously)?"
    CAT-THE-FIFTH: "The Antec 300 is a case which has an understated and clean appearance which many people like. Not everyone is into e-peen looking computers which look like a cross between the imagination of a hyperactive 10 year old and a Frog."
    TKPeters: "Off to AVForum better Deal - £20+Vat for Free Shipping @ Scan"
    for all intents it seems to be the same card minus some gays name on it and a shielded cover ? with OEM added to it - GoNz0.

Registered+
    Thanks
    • masterplan1's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus Rampage Formula
      • CPU:
      • Q6600 G0
      • Memory:
      • 4x2Gb Corsair XMS2
      • Storage:
      • 3x500Gb, 2x1Tb
      • Graphics card(s):
      • XFX ATi 4850 512Mb
      • PSU:
      • 650w Cheiftec
      • Case:
      • Lancool K62
      • Operating System:
      • Linux
      • Monitor(s):
      • Samsung T260HD
      • Internet:
      • 20Mb Virgin, 20Mb Sky

Quit a few months ago, but planning on coming back for Cataclysm, I did this before with WotLK, quit in August, came back in January, keeps the game fresh. Levelled a DK, warlock and rogue to 80, got them all good enough gear (ICC10/25 mix) to last them to 85. I did give the majority of my gold reserves away to my friend though, leaving me with 2k on each toon, but meh, that'll be fine. I'm sure I can always skank some off my mate when I come back

Thanks
    • Steve A's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus Maximus Gene IV
      • CPU:
      • Core i7 2600K (4.3Ghz)
      • Memory:
      • 12Gb Corsair 1600
      • Storage:
      • 240Gb SSD + 6TB
      • Graphics card(s):
      • NVIDIA - GTX680
      • PSU:
      • 750W BeQuiet Pro GOLD
      • Case:
      • Corsair 500R White
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 8.1 Pro 64Bit
      • Monitor(s):
      • 27" Asus 3D Monitor
      • Internet:
      • 100Mb BT Fibre

Harsh Steve, harsh... Sadly it's happening far too often in WoW. Gold buyers are to blame for this though because Gold sellers are the ones who hack accounts to get easy gold.

And you will get it all back, most people do. I know a few who got back a lot more than they had before the account was hacked. One example, someone who was offline for a few weeks, came back to a hacked account. Blizzard restored it and he had several thousand gold more then he had before, plus 450 mining and skinning and hundreds and hundreds of the skinning and mining mats along with other BoE's! Made a fortune from it.

So, I decided to start a new character, back on Arathor, and do as much in Azeroth before it's all changed for good. It's actually quite enjoyable. Normally I rush to 58 to get into Outlands, but so far I've done all quests I can find in each zone in Kalimdor except Feralas, Tanaris, Azshara, Felwood, Un'Goro, Winterspring and Silithus. Have about 3 days played and am almost 50, but I will get Kalimdor done soon. Then I only have Eastern Kingdoms to do which should take less time.

Also doing all dungeons and quite a bit of PvP along the way, as well as gathering all skinning and mining materials I can.

Once I've done Kalimdor, I may switch to herbalism and enchanting, gather mats for all professions I could possibly want whilst again doing all 1-60 zones there. Looking forward to it!
    Update .........................

Wooooooh

Got all my gear back and gold .... and

Like your mate allen i got load of other stuff i have never owned not gear but high value mats ..

so now i had 20189G

after selling the mats and stuff that i was errrrr given, i now have 24654G ..... if only it was real money ......

in all fairness it wasnt that much of a ball ache to get back, just glad i did.

Thanks
    • Allen's system
      • Motherboard:
      • ASUS Maximus VIII Gene
      • CPU:
      • Intel Core i5 6600K
      • Memory:
      • Storage:
      • Graphics card(s):
      • PSU:
      • Case:
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10 Home 64-bit
      • Monitor(s):
      • Internet:
      • Virgin Media 200Mbps

Quote Originally Posted by Steve A View Post
    Update .........................

Wooooooh

Got all my gear back and gold .... and

Like your mate allen i got load of other stuff i have never owned not gear but high value mats ..

so now i had 20189G

after selling the mats and stuff that i was errrrr given, i now have 24654G ..... if only it was real money ......

in all fairness it wasnt that much of a ball ache to get back, just glad i did.
    Gratz!

Now get an authenticator and some more security!

Thanks
    • Steve A's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus Maximus Gene IV
      • CPU:
      • Core i7 2600K (4.3Ghz)
      • Memory:
      • 12Gb Corsair 1600
      • Storage:
      • 240Gb SSD + 6TB
      • Graphics card(s):
      • NVIDIA - GTX680
      • PSU:
      • 750W BeQuiet Pro GOLD
      • Case:
      • Corsair 500R White
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 8.1 Pro 64Bit
      • Monitor(s):
      • 27" Asus 3D Monitor
      • Internet:
      • 100Mb BT Fibre

^^ Already done it ...

ERU
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by LWA View Post
    Badddddd Allen - I was hoping the Hexus WoW Anonymous would help me through this troubling period!
    Make sure the toon is on EU-Arathor

I've been in retirement for years but have just managed to merge my account with Battle.net and noticed there is a 10-day WotLK free trial going ... so might pop into Arathor this week for a look around. If anyone sees ERU (lvl70 ish Blood Elf Horde Rogue) walking about the main streets of Orgrimmar remember to say hello. It will only be a brief excursion - I hope! Might get one of these new haircuts I hear about sorted Or is punk still in fashion in Durotar?
    Last edited by ERU; 14-07-2010 at 08:15 PM.

Thanks
    • Allen's system
      • Motherboard:
      • ASUS Maximus VIII Gene
      • CPU:
      • Intel Core i5 6600K
      • Memory:
      • Storage:
      • Graphics card(s):
      • PSU:
      • Case:
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10 Home 64-bit
      • Monitor(s):
      • Internet:
      • Virgin Media 200Mbps

Eru wasn't a Night Elf when I was playing on Arathor a few years back! why did you go to the evil side?

I'm about ready to give up on WoW, quitting MMO's all together I think. Far too time consuming, I have too much to do these days. Even though it has got more casual, playing so many alts made me fall so far behind in progress that getting into guilds or pugs is quote difficult, even with all the best gear you can get before ICC.

I may see what happens in Cata, might level up one char alone to 85 and start raiding straight away to get back into it, will see how it goes.

14. Received thanks from:

ERU (14-07-2010)

ERU
    Thanks

Eru wasn't a Night Elf when I was playing on Arathor a few years back! why did you go to the evil side?
    Sorry meant Blood Elf on Horde but yeah he was a Troll once. It got swapped after I left Umbrage and I quit the game. Sometime after that I decided to come back and was raiding for Burning Crusade content. I got bored and left again when all the raiding content was killed/completed. I was just constantly farming 'something or another' and doing the same bosses each week. Yawn.
    I logged in again 'today' (possibly due to feeling a bit down about things), got bored and went for a run instead. I don't think WoW does anything for me any more ... There is just better things to do in life! If only more people could see that .. and i'm convinced they only play due to friends/communities. The whole game is designed to be as drawn out as long as possible. It becomes mind numbly boring. I know I kept playing simply because of friends (mainly from RL) and the fact I had worked so hard - it seemed a shame to just bin it all.
    Last edited by ERU; 14-07-2010 at 08:19 PM.

Registered+
    Thanks

<-- This one still does

Thanks
    • Ferral's system
      • Motherboard:
      • ASUS Z97-P
      • CPU:
      • Intel i7 4790K Haswell
      • Memory:
      • 12Gb Corsair XMS3 DDR3 1600 Mhz
      • Storage:
      • 120Gb Kingston SSD & 2 Tb Toshiba
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Sapphire Radeon R9 380 Nitro 4Gb
      • PSU:
      • Antec Truepower 750 Watt Modular
      • Case:
      • Fractal Design Focus G Mid Tower
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10 64 bit
      • Monitor(s):
      • 28" iiyama Prolite 4K
      • Internet:
      • 80Mb BT Fiber

Well, finally decided to take the plunge with Wow. Got the Battlechest from GAME last weekend (strategy guides in box for classic and burning crusade) and setting it up now, its doing all the patches at min.

Hopefully will be able to start playing in the morning, looking forward to it in all honesty. Played Guild Wars for i dont know how long, also played LOTRO for a little while. Decided to get this as its a huge game and subs can be paid for with time cards.

Think I'm going to setup a dwarven warrior to start with.

Page 113 of 121 FirstFirst ... 1363738393103110111112113114115116 ... LastLast

Thread Information