Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast

Thread: Fortress Europe!!!

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Big_Al
    the vast majority of immigrants around here DON'T work and therefore sponge money from our taxes.
    It has been explained why this is not true but you didn't seem to want to listen and got aggressive.

Why is it only the UK that seems to have such a big problem? Why are we such a walkover? Everyone knows it's a free ride into our country... makes me sick.
    This also was refuted by DaBeenster who provides backup to his comments which you denounce as BS.

I think these are the root cause of the flaming. You don't come across as a compassionate conservative to be honest.

Thanks
    • Allen's system
      • Motherboard:
      • ASUS Maximus VIII Gene
      • CPU:
      • Intel Core i5 6600K
      • Memory:
      • 2 x 8GB Kingston HyperX Predator DDR4-3000
      • Storage:
      • 256GB Samsung 950 PRO NVMe M.2 (OS) + 2 x 512GB Samsung 960 EVO in RAID 0 (Games)
      • Graphics card(s):
      • ASUS ROG Strix GeForce GTX 1080 Ti OC
      • PSU:
      • XFX P1-650X-NLG9 XXX 650W Modular
      • Case:
      • Fractal Design Node 804
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10 Home 64-bit
      • Monitor(s):
      • 27" BenQ XL2730Z + 23" Dell U2311H
      • Internet:
      • Virgin Media 200Mbps
    Quote Originally Posted by nichomach
    But you've spewed a whole lot of rubbish associating immigrants with everything from rising crime (BTW, the largest independent study of criminal activity in the UK is the British Crime Survey, and that doesn't go by police reports, it surveys peoples' actual experience of crime, and that's shown either stable levels or a FALL in crime for every year since about 1989, although peoples' FEAR of crime has increased) to funding shortages in public services (like, that couldn't be anything to do with the good and concerned electorate voting for whichever party promised them income tax cuts, could it? See post above...).

Don't expect to vent that sort of rubbish without people objecting to it; it's tabloid claptrap, making immigrants the new folk devils instead of single mothers, or terror-teens, or whatever the Mail, or the Express or the Sun or the Star decides to get it's knickers in a twist over this year to boost their circulation figures.
    I don't read tabloid crap. I talk to real people who see and know wjat's going on in the area around me. I didn't say about immigrants increasing crime levels, that was about kids/teenagers in my area in another thread.

My reference earlier about crime levels was that why don't the government spend more money on helping people in the UK first, then we can all be in a situation to help out those less fortunate than us.

Thanks
    • Allen's system
      • Motherboard:
      • ASUS Maximus VIII Gene
      • CPU:
      • Intel Core i5 6600K
      • Memory:
      • Storage:
      • 256GB Samsung 950 PRO NVMe M.2 (OS) + 2 x 512GB Samsung 960 EVO in RAID 0 (Games)
      • Graphics card(s):
      • PSU:
      • Case:
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10 Home 64-bit
      • Monitor(s):
      • Internet:
      • Virgin Media 200Mbps
    Quote Originally Posted by andybasford
    It has been explained why this is not true but you didn't seem to want to listen and got aggressive.
    Do you live round here? Do you know lots of people who do who have the same views about this subject? Most of my views are based on what happened where I live, not the whole country. Providing me with statistics for the whole country is not what I wanna see. And I got aggresive when I was insulted and my views were thrown back in my face.

Quote Originally Posted by andybasford
    This also was refuted by DaBeenster who provides backup to his comments which you denounce as BS.

I think these are the root cause of the flaming. You don't come across as a compassionate conservative to be honest.
    As I said before, you can't always believe everything you read on the Net, DaBeeeenster does. I can't possibly provide you with links for what happens around here, it's probably not documented on the net. But just because it's not documented on the net, does that mean it doesn't happen? No!

Will work for beer... nichomach's Avatar
    Thanks
    • nichomach's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Gigabyte GA-870A-UD3
      • CPU:
      • AMD Phenom II X6 1055T 95W
      • Memory:
      • 16GB DR3
      • Storage:
      • 1x250GB Maxtor SATAII, 1x 400GB Hitachi SATAII
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Zotac GTX 1060 3GB
      • PSU:
      • Coolermaster 500W
      • Case:
      • Coolermaster Elite 430
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10
      • Monitor(s):
      • Dell 20" TFT
      • Internet:
      • Virgin Media Cable
    I don't read tabloid crap. I talk to real people who see and know wjat's going on in the area around me. I didn't say about immigrants increasing crime levels, that was about kids/teenagers in my area in another thread.

My reference earlier about crime levels was that why don't the government spend more money on helping people in the UK first, then we can all be in a situation to help out those less fortunate than us.
    Ahem...

I blooming agree, Skii! I'm not racist either, but I think it's about time our government put OUR people first for once. Children living on the streets, elderly people living in fear with high crime and homelessness/unemployment on the rise (government figures are BS, just look around you!). Andy, the vast majority of immigrants around here DON'T work and therefore sponge money from our taxes.
    At the very least you created the association by putting it into a thread about immigration...or why mention it here at all?

I notice that even though I refer to probably the best authority on actual levels of crime in England and Wales, you STILL don't seem to accept that this "rising crime" is largely a fiction. Some types of crime HAVE increased, though; affray, assault...and guess what? They're most commonly committed by drunk white British men.

On the tax front, you've been answered, but don't seem willing to accept that either.

As I said before, you can't always believe everything you read on the Net, DaBeeeenster does.
    No, he tends to rely upon sources with a somewhat better record for accuracy than "what my mate told me down the pub". I'm sorry, Al, I'm not being personally insulting here, but it's pretty clear that even if YOU don't read tabloid crap, the people you rely upon for your information do.

I'm afraid I have to agree with andybasford's assessment.
    Last edited by nichomach; 24-02-2004 at 11:51 AM.

Thanks
    Do you live round here? Do you know lots of people who do who have the same views about this subject? Most of my views are based on what happened where I live, not the whole country. Providing me with statistics for the whole country is not what I wanna see. And I got aggresive when I was insulted and my views were thrown back in my face.
    And yet you were quite happy to extrapolate your experience in your local area to the whole country by saying all immigrants are spongers. Why would you do that considering you are so keen to stress these are only your local problems.

As I said before, you can't always believe everything you read on the Net, DaBeeeenster does. I can't possibly provide you with links for what happens around here, it's probably not documented on the net. But just because it's not documented on the net, does that mean it doesn't happen? No!
    As DaBeenster pointed out, he believes stuff that comes from multiple reliable sources

Thanks
    • Allen's system
      • Motherboard:
      • ASUS Maximus VIII Gene
      • CPU:
      • Intel Core i5 6600K
      • Memory:
      • Storage:
      • Graphics card(s):
      • PSU:
      • Case:
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10 Home 64-bit
      • Monitor(s):
      • Internet:
      • Virgin Media 200Mbps
    Fine, that's up to you. And it's up to me what I believe.

a scumbag, arghhhh
    Thanks
    so everyone can go around believing that the tooth fairy exists?? grow up please this is a stupid debate on an internet forum but for plenty of people the immigration legislation that people like u push for has very real consequences. u can't defend ur views and so hide behind irrationalism and some twisted logic of freedom of speech.
    "The less you eat, drink and buy books; the less you go to the theatre, the dance hall, the public house; the less you think, love, theorise, sing, paint, fence, etc., the more you save – the greater becomes your treasure which neither moths nor rust will devour – your capital. The less you are, the less you express your own life, the more you have, the greater is your alienated life, the greater is the store of your estranged being." Karl Marx

Goat Boy
    Thanks
    The UK is the fourth richest nation on the planet. We live a lifestyle unimaginable to 50% of the world population and unattainable to 75% of it. We can afford to help.
    "All our beliefs are being challenged now, and rightfully so, they're stupid." - Bill Hicks

Goat Boy
    Thanks
    Please do not speak for me. I can do so myself thank you very much. I do not believe "everything I read on the net". I trust the BBC and the Office of National Statistics. If you have a problem with that, fine, but I'd advise you not to put words into other people's mouths again.
    "All our beliefs are being challenged now, and rightfully so, they're stupid." - Bill Hicks

Thanks
    • Allen's system
      • Motherboard:
      • ASUS Maximus VIII Gene
      • CPU:
      • Intel Core i5 6600K
      • Memory:
      • Storage:
      • Graphics card(s):
      • PSU:
      • Case:
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10 Home 64-bit
      • Monitor(s):
      • Internet:
      • Virgin Media 200Mbps
    Quote Originally Posted by DaBeeeenster
    The UK is the fourth richest nation on the planet. We live a lifestyle unimaginable to 50% of the world population and unattainable to 75% of it. We can afford to help.
    Maybe, but I still believe that we have too many problems in our country to sort out... but yet again, you guys are just continuously throwing back my thoughts in my face and not even listening to them, so why should I bother continuing with this conversation.

Goat Boy
    Thanks
    Throwing your thoughts back in your face? It's called debate mate. If you dont like it, you are free to not post here.

Thanks
    • Allen's system
      • Motherboard:
      • ASUS Maximus VIII Gene
      • CPU:
      • Intel Core i5 6600K
      • Memory:
      • Storage:
      • Graphics card(s):
      • PSU:
      • Case:
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10 Home 64-bit
      • Monitor(s):
      • Internet:
      • Virgin Media 200Mbps
    Please do not speak for me. I can do so myself thank you very much. I do not believe "everything I read on the net". I trust the BBC and the Office of National Statistics. If you have a problem with that, fine, but I'd advise you not to put words into other people's mouths again.
    You're just being plain stupid now, threatening people over the net does nothing...

And how was that speaking for you? You're the one who keeps asking for links and saying 'Google knows nothing about this piece of news'

Thanks
    • Allen's system
      • Motherboard:
      • ASUS Maximus VIII Gene
      • CPU:
      • Intel Core i5 6600K
      • Memory:
      • Storage:
      • Graphics card(s):
      • PSU:
      • Case:
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10 Home 64-bit
      • Monitor(s):
      • Internet:
      • Virgin Media 200Mbps
    Throwing your thoughts back in your face? It's called debate mate. If you dont like it, you are free to not post here.
    Firstly, don't call me mate.

Secondly, you gave me your views and told me where you got them from, which I gave you reasons which I didn't believe because I see it differently with my own eyes, not what's written by journalists.

Thirdly, I gave you my reasons and where I get them from and all I get is insulted, called a liar and people trying to prove I'm wrong with statistics and links which totally go against what I see and hear in RL.

Will work for beer... nichomach's Avatar
    Thanks
    • nichomach's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Gigabyte GA-870A-UD3
      • CPU:
      • AMD Phenom II X6 1055T 95W
      • Memory:
      • 16GB DR3
      • Storage:
      • 1x250GB Maxtor SATAII, 1x 400GB Hitachi SATAII
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Zotac GTX 1060 3GB
      • PSU:
      • Coolermaster 500W
      • Case:
      • Coolermaster Elite 430
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10
      • Monitor(s):
      • Dell 20" TFT
      • Internet:
      • Virgin Media Cable
    You're just being plain stupid now, threatening people over the net does nothing...
    Eh? What threat?

And how was that speaking for you? You're the one who keeps asking for links and saying 'Google knows nothing about this piece of news'
    Well, you see he likes to actually see some evidence when people make blanket assertions; a curious quirk, but one which I happen to share...

By the way, I would like to state that the Moon IS made of green cheese (I don't care what NASA brought back, they obviously faked it, and it looks like cheese to me), the Earth IS hollow (Bulwer Lytton was right), reason being there's this patch on my floor which sounds hollow when I walk over it, core samples be damned, and I'm planning to take a walk through those secret tunnel thingies, so my next post'll be from Tibet...
    Last edited by nichomach; 24-02-2004 at 12:23 PM.

Goat Boy
    Thanks

Methinks you need to check who moderates this forum

Thanks
    • Allen's system
      • Motherboard:
      • ASUS Maximus VIII Gene
      • CPU:
      • Intel Core i5 6600K
      • Memory:
      • Storage:
      • Graphics card(s):
      • PSU:
      • Case:
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10 Home 64-bit
      • Monitor(s):
      • Internet:
      • Virgin Media 200Mbps
    Eh? What threat?
    I'd advise you not to put words into other people's mouths again. Sounded like a small threat to me...

Well, you see he likes to actually see some evidence when people make blanket assertions; a curious quirk, but one which I happen to share...
    How can you say that what I see going on around me is a blanket assertion? It's local knowledge! And I believe that more than anything I'd read in the papers and such other crap.

Thread Information