• Allen's system
      • Motherboard:
      • ASUS Maximus VIII Gene
      • CPU:
      • Intel Core i5 6600K
      • Memory:
      • 2 x 8GB Kingston HyperX Predator DDR4-3000
      • Storage:
      • 256GB Samsung 950 PRO NVMe M.2 (OS) + 2 x 512GB Samsung 960 EVO in RAID 0 (Games)
      • Graphics card(s):
      • ASUS ROG Strix GeForce GTX 1080 Ti OC
      • PSU:
      • XFX P1-650X-NLG9 XXX 650W Modular
      • Case:
      • Fractal Design Node 804
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10 Home 64-bit
      • Monitor(s):
      • 27" BenQ XL2730Z + 23" Dell U2311H
      • Internet:
      • Virgin Media 200Mbps
    People have very good knowledge of their surrounding areas. Governments who print off statistics (which we all know are mostly BS) don't. I have a friend who works with immigrants (Customs I think, haven't spoken to her for a while) and my supervisors husband works at detention centre near Gatwick.

I don't have to explain to you where I get my opinions from, I just know that they are my own opinions, not someone else's, and though they might not still be 100% correct I stand by them.

I don't suggest we throw everyone out, but there has to be a way of controlling this growing problem? Why is it only the UK that seems to have such a big problem? Why are we such a walkover? Everyone knows it's a free ride into our country... makes me sick.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by DaBeeeenster
    I dont feel well informed enough to provide an opinion really. I welcome legal working migrants and asylum seekers. Our country is rich enough to help the latter, and is in dire need of the former.

As for illegal immigrants, I really dont know what to believe. I think that certain sections of the media hype it up to sell copy, but what with the decreasing cost of international travel and ease of moving money around the world I think it is going to be an ever increasing problem.

Maybe a better solution to this reactionary "THROW THEM ALL OUT" is to work out why people are coming here in the first place and try to ensure that the they have a future in their country of origin, and consequently no reason to leave. The difficulty is that problems like that have no simple solutions, and so people dont bother with them, and resort to the "BURN THEM" mentality so well parodied in The Life of Brian
    Got to agree with that. I personally don't see it as unreasonable to expect those who claim asylum to declare it immediately upon entry to the UK, and I also believe that our system is viewed as a soft target to some extent, but I think the public perception of Illegal immigrants would be altered to the extent of more sympathy if they were dealt with more effectively to begin with.

Goat Boy
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Flash
    hospital workers who had to treat him were made aware of it, it wasnt made public knowledge due to the data protection act which not only covers uk residents but foreign vistors as well

URL?
    "All our beliefs are being challenged now, and rightfully so, they're stupid." - Bill Hicks

Title Contender
    Thanks
    URL?
    does everything have to be documented on the net?

it was actually sky news I remember seeing it

Thanks
    • Allen's system
      • Motherboard:
      • ASUS Maximus VIII Gene
      • CPU:
      • Intel Core i5 6600K
      • Memory:
      • Storage:
      • 256GB Samsung 950 PRO NVMe M.2 (OS) + 2 x 512GB Samsung 960 EVO in RAID 0 (Games)
      • Graphics card(s):
      • PSU:
      • Case:
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10 Home 64-bit
      • Monitor(s):
      • Internet:
      • Virgin Media 200Mbps
    Dabeeeenster, how about not believing everything you read? Especially on the net!

And some things are not written for a reason.

Goat Boy
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Big_Al
    People have very good knowledge of their surrounding areas. Governments who print off statistics (which we all know are mostly BS) don't. I have a friend who works with immigrants (Customs I think, haven't spoken to her for a while) and my supervisors husband works at detention centre near Gatwick.

I don't have to explain to you where I get my opinions from, I just know that they are my own opinions, not someone else's, and though they might not still be 100% correct I stand by them.

I don't suggest we throw everyone out, but there has to be a way of controlling this growing problem? Why is it only the UK that seems to have such a big problem? Why are we such a walkover? Everyone knows it's a free ride into our country... makes me sick.
    "Governments who print off statistics (which we all know are mostly BS)"

What on EARTH are you talking about?!?!?! Are you suggesting that the government is lieing about the number of people entering this country as migrants or asylum seekers?

Of course you are entitled to your opinions. I'd suggest (and have proven in a number of instances in this thread) that they are wrong

I would suggest that you are misinformed, and getting angry for no reason whatsoever. Per capita, the UK ranks something like 8th in Europe for asylum seekers. I cant remember the exact figure.
    "All our beliefs are being challenged now, and rightfully so, they're stupid." - Bill Hicks

Goat Boy
    Thanks
    does everything have to be documented on the net?

it was actually sky news I remember seeing it
    Come on then. URL of the sky news article.

It's not good enough. "I heard this" or "I was told that". Back it up!

Goat Boy
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Big_Al
    Dabeeeenster, how about not believing everything you read? Especially on the net!

And some things are not written for a reason.
    Sorry to say, but I'm slightly more inclined to believe the BBC website than I am anyone posting on here!

Title Contender
    Thanks
    Sorry to say, but I'm slightly more inclined to believe the BBC website than I am anyone posting on here!

more fool you

what are you gonna do when one moves in next to you and starts pilferring your moms knickers?

Thanks
    • Allen's system
      • Motherboard:
      • ASUS Maximus VIII Gene
      • CPU:
      • Intel Core i5 6600K
      • Memory:
      • Storage:
      • Graphics card(s):
      • PSU:
      • Case:
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10 Home 64-bit
      • Monitor(s):
      • Internet:
      • Virgin Media 200Mbps
    Again Dabeeeenster, you are proving that you believe everything the government and the BBC (proved for lying recently) say. You shouldn't believe everything you read or everything you are told by people who are paid to say it.

Yeah, so I made a mistake as my memory isn't brilliant, but you have not proved me wrong, and you will not. You may think my views are wrong, fair enough that is your opinion. But I also think you are wrong but I haven't got the ego to set about getting one up on you.

Thanks
    these amateur seamstresses are exactly the kind of people we don't need. They think they deserve asylum because 'they were beaten up in jail'. They shouldn't have broken the law and gone to jail then! 'They were imprisoned for being political activists' Yeah, right! And Abu Hamza really didn't have his hand cut off for being a thief.

Title Contender
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by TeePee
    these amateur seamstresses are exactly the kind of people we don't need. They think they deserve asylum because 'they were beaten up in jail'. They shouldn't have broken the law and gone to jail then! 'They were imprisoned for being political activists' Yeah, right! And Abu Hamza really didn't have his hand cut off for being a thief.
    hows the embassy mate ;o)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by TeePee
    Seeing as you could get sent to jail and tortured in Iraq for failing to win a gold medal in the olympics I fail to see the point in your argument.

(before the comments start I am aware these guys came from Iran)

Thanks
    • Allen's system
      • Motherboard:
      • ASUS Maximus VIII Gene
      • CPU:
      • Intel Core i5 6600K
      • Memory:
      • Storage:
      • Graphics card(s):
      • PSU:
      • Case:
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10 Home 64-bit
      • Monitor(s):
      • Internet:
      • Virgin Media 200Mbps
    Quote Originally Posted by andybasford
    Seeing as you could get sent to jail and tortured in Iraq for failing to win a gold medal in the olympics I fail to see the point in your argument.
    Not anymore, Saddam has been captured!

Well, this thread seems to have lost it's seriousness so how about we all agree to disagree and leave it at that? We will not get anywhere and the thread will just be closed by a mod anyway.

Title Contender
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by andybasford

(before the comments start I am aware these guys came from Iran)

wasnt that pre war propaganda?

Thanks
    wasnt that pre war propaganda?
    Nah mate it was true. I was simply trying to point out that you can't refuse asylum simply because someone was jailed in another country for breaking the law. Radios were illegal under the Taliban.

Thread Information