Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567

Thread: ID Statistics and Info kept on yourself

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by G4Z
    Rave, I dunno what you think you can really achive anyway, have you ever tried just not paying your council tax?

They just increase the amount of money you owe them, I reckon they will just fine people continually and then take them to court if they dont sign up.
    Well, I won't pay the fines, and I won't obey the court summons. While I dislike paying council tax, I have no objections to it on principle, whereas I do have very strong objections to being obliged by law to present myself to the government so that they can ID me. The sheer cheek of it makes me furious, they answer to ME, not the other way round.

Rich :¬)

Thanks
    Blunkett's a pratt. I do hope he resigns over the latest sleaze scandel. I will do everything I can in my power to avoid or frustrate any attempt at getting me to subscribe to the ID card and I will not vote for any party that do supports it. I am with you 50000000% Rave, the current climate of fear is the worst time to introduce ID cards and other dubious legislation. Such policies are reactionary, authoratarian and have the vested interestes of the politicians and not the citizens in mind.

Back in Sunny UK...and it is sunny too :D...pleasant surprise.
    Thanks
    if enough people defy the govt by refusing to be ID'd then they would be stuck. The problem is that we are divided and they are not and also have the machinery of state to use as a weapon. Very simply you end up feeling like a lone voice in the wilderness.

Now, a couple of hundred thousand people refusing would clog that state machine. They simply wouldn't be able to process everyone, and if those that are processed simply stuck to their guns and didn't pay then the machine is further clogged.

However, you can bet your bottom dollar that this will be drip fed out to the population so that you don't get hundreds of people turning up at once where they can be influenced to make a massed stand by a few sturdier souls. Nope, we will slowly be assimilated into a grey mass a few at a time until we are all centralised.

The time to organise mass protest is during commons debate. The real time to protest is at the ballot box. That time when our glorious leaders climb out of thier ivory towers and come begging for our votes so that they can continue to empower themselves and protect thier future earnings and pensions at our expense. The time that they actually bother to come face to face with us.

I've never been one for protest but Blair and his cult of personality (check history for where that concept came from) have definitely brought that out. I am genuinely concerned for my future and the future of my children. And it's not some nutter with a semtex waistcoat that concerns me. It's our so called protectors and leaders.
    "You want loyalty? ......get a dog!"

G4Z
    Thanks
    • G4Z's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Gigabyte GA 965P-DS3
      • CPU:
      • Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600
      • Memory:
      • 4gb DDR2 5300
      • Storage:
      • 2.5Tb
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Gigabyte HD4870 512mb
      • PSU:
      • Tagan 470W
      • Case:
      • Thermaltake Tsunami Dream
      • Operating System:
      • Vista 64bit
      • Monitor(s):
      • Dual Acer 24" TFT's
      • Internet:
      • 16mb sky ADSL2
    RVF500

Good points well made mate.

Aside from not voting Labour at the next election (and now tories...) you could all sign up to the on-line petition at http://www.no2id.net/

Tbh, I may have even considered a Tory vote if they had opposed this but it seems there really is nothing between the parties, we have a democracy here where there is no choice so I will be "throwing away" my vote on Lib Dem, hell it worked at our last local election as now we are shot of the Labour council, and incidentaly shortly after I recived my first letter from the Labour party explaining how bad the lib dems were and how there had been some temorary roadworks in my locality for the past year seemingly ignoring the fact that the council had only been in just over a month and before hand it was the Labour party who were in.

******s.
    HEXUS FOLDING TEAM It's EASY

Thanks
    Just read through that website (and signed the petition). If I was concerned before the alarm bells are ringing deafeningly now.

This is a scheme solely derived to investigate the affairs of law abiding citizens to ensure that every ounce of tax can be squeezed out of them. That no transaction can take place without govt looking over your shoulder. At every attempt to better yourself or your positionin life, govt will be there to see if they can profit from your hard work. Every move will be monitored. This has absolutely nothing to do with combatting fraud, identity theft, crime or terrorism. It has everything to do with central control of the population.

Nice touch is the ever lengthening list of new crimes that the govt is introducing. They can be summarized as one crime I think. Failure to bend to the political will of the Labour party

George Orwell wrote some very good books. Animal farm and 1984 have come, or are about to come, to pass.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by G4Z
    there is no choice so I will be "throwing away" my vote on Lib Dem, hell it worked at our last local election as now we are shot of the Labour council
    That annoys me, people always saying throw away my vote when I vote Lib Dem. The fact that a recent by-election (can't remember where) saw lib dems steam into second place with a near tie with labour, in a labour heartland, proves that voting for your conscience will do a lot of good.

G4Z
    Thanks
    • G4Z's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Gigabyte GA 965P-DS3
      • CPU:
      • Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600
      • Memory:
      • 4gb DDR2 5300
      • Storage:
      • 2.5Tb
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Gigabyte HD4870 512mb
      • PSU:
      • Tagan 470W
      • Case:
      • Thermaltake Tsunami Dream
      • Operating System:
      • Vista 64bit
      • Monitor(s):
      • Dual Acer 24" TFT's
      • Internet:
      • 16mb sky ADSL2
    well, i dont consider it a wasted vote, I have been voting for them since I was 18 as thier policys fit in better with my own personal ideology than the other parties.

Its the Sun and mail reading masses that consider it a wasted vote I think and this is no doubt to the glee of howard and blair.

I mean this is all so stupid its unreal, I can barely belive its happening.

First Blair takes us to war on the basis of WMD, then on the basis of freeing Iraq people and then its fighting terror, if anything this all makes us a bigger target so how to combat it I wonder? oh yeah an ID card that will solve all of the resentment from the people we have turned into potential terrorists by killing thier family and blowing thier homes to smithereens. Actually why not throw in a few completely unjust laws detaining people without trial or charge and stir up some resentment at home while your on, oh yeah should keep us safe. No way we can do without an ID card now... oh yes general public we know you are that stupid.
    HEXUS FOLDING TEAM It's EASY

Thanks
    Notice they haven't tried attacking Howard's tenure as home secretary lately.

Thanks
    New Year Rant

All the talk of ID cards "Not being compulsory" is b.s.
    It's not compulsory to breathe either.
    But when you have to Prove Your Identity to do just about ANYTHING...
    Want a bus pass? You gotta show ID - nope, driving license won't do...
    Want a (legitimate) job? You gotta prove your Identity... Gov.ID is all we'll accept....
    Want to buy a new phone? Claim benefit? Get medical help? Use a credit card?
    You get the idea
    The whole idea has nothing to do with safety, or security, but is all about control and monitoring of UK citizens.
    Spain has ID's - didn't stop the train bombings.
    The 9/11 terrorists had valid ID's.
    The much touted "£3 billion" cost is just the Headline number. It's £3b OVER AND ABOVE what Tonies Commisars were already planning to spend on new "security" passport/driving license/medical/benefit systems. The total spending is more likely to be around £10b, not including overspends.
    The estimated cost of benefit fraud through ID theft is estimated (by the Government) to be £50 million a year, so if these Wonder Cards cut this by 100% it'll only take 60 years to recoup the £3 billion spent...

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567

Thread Information