Page 5 of 146 FirstFirst ... 23456781525354555105 ... LastLast

Thread: New ATI Tuner Card.

Thanks
    Well, this is interesting... It seems ATI isnt shiping there bosted MMC 9 software with there TV wounder elite. Surprisingly enough they are including Cyberlinks PowerCinema...

http://www.ati.com/products/tvwonderelite/features.html
    http://www.gocyberlink.com/english/p...ema/3/main.jsp

Thanks
    Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!

Thanks

Thumbs down Mmc 9

So, does this mean that it won't work with MMC 9? Or, can you still download it for one of the other tv wonder cards and use it anyway? I'm not sure if it's possible, but someone should kick ATI's butt for this error in judgement.

I dunno, does Cyberlink kind of suck compared to MMC 9?

we should call it "TV Blunder Elite" if it does.

-E.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by e.lectronick
    So, does this mean that it won't work with MMC 9? Or, can you still download it for one of the other tv wonder cards and use it anyway? I'm not sure if it's possible, but someone should kick ATI's butt for this error in judgement.

I dunno, does Cyberlink kind of suck compared to MMC 9?

we should call it "TV Blunder Elite" if it does.

-E.

MMC 9 is free from ATI for download, but if you want to use there DVD codec you must pay... And Cyberlink is great in my expirence!

Thanks
    Hi All,

Sorry - this thread slipped by me earlier so I apologise for not posting sooner

I am checking the details on hardware/software/shipping etc right now and will come back to you as soon as I have something concrete
    "X800GT... snap it up while you still can"
    HEXUS
    ......................................August 2005

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrzej
    Hi All,

Sorry - this thread slipped by me earlier so I apologise for not posting sooner

I am checking the details on hardware/software/shipping etc right now and will come back to you as soon as I have something concrete

OMG! Thats right... We have an ATI guy here! Well, I have emailed ATI, and all the add in makers and never het any awnsers! So heres my question...

1) Where the heck are the 550 pro based cards?

2) what makes ATI's Elite version different from the rest, well besides that remote?

3) How could you miss this thread?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by myth
    ...How could you miss this thread?...

I was blind, but now I seeee........ thud

This is what I have for you:-

In North America (NA) we still build and sell our own products - but globally we use a core of top level Add In Board partners (AIBs)

The Elite product is ATI's own branding for the technology - has been specifically designed for the NA market - and will not be sold elsewhere cos it won't work

Our partners have access to the ASICs (Application Specific Integrated Circuit) and can create their own designs which will also be of the highest quality

You will stat to see PAL samples in press reviews within 1-3 weeks and for sale shortly thereafter

The choice of what to include in the 'box' will be down to the individual AIBs

Bear in mind that the cards we ship will always have WHQL drivers

This is vital because of the way that support is structured by Microsoft

It is unlikely that any new system you buy from a reputable firm anywhere in the world will ship with a non-WHQL approved driver anywhere inside its build

This ensures maximum stability and interoperability... and we support it fully with a complete WHQL release Catalyst driver every month

Ryszard and the guys at Hexus will 'watch' our drivers carefully every month to see what new products are being supported - so they will have a pretty good idea of when the next products are going to hit the shelves

In terms of supported software that will ship with the box - this will also be down to the partners

To give maximum compatibility with Media Center (hate spelling that word wrong !), the Elite card is shipping with Cyberlink

Our AIBs can ship whatever they want - the driver we supply will work 'straight out of the box' with Cyberlink, InterVideo etc

Bear in mind that MMC is a fully featured software suite that has features that are comporable to MCE

In fact, we have a few of our own that 'others' don't have

A specific 'cool' feature is the one where you can be driving to the airport - realise that you have forgotten to tape the last ever episode of Buffy - use your hand held WEB access device (phone ?) to hit a special/secure site - put in the programmes that you want recorded...

...and your sysem at home will poll that site every hour to see if the play list info has changed - get the new instruction and when you get back - Summers is kicking demon butt in glorious technicolor

I think that is everything I have on Elite, Theatre 550 Pro and MMC...

...but please feel free to post any additional queries and - time permitting - I will try and get answers for you !
    HEXUS

Thanks
    Thanks for the update, Andrzej! I'm eagerly waiting to get my hands on one.

Thanks
    Andrzej, thanks for the update on the Elite card from ATI!

Do you have any info on why ATI's partners (Sapphire, PowerColor, GeCube, etc) have been significantly delayed in their card offerings? (At least in North America the delay has been several months, with no official word from these companies telling us why. Is it a delay on ATI's end, or..?)

Thanks
    - rp

Thanks
    Ok, perhaps I griped too soon. I'm particularly glad to have Anderzej here on this thread to discuss the topic.
    I assume that MMC 9 for the TV Wonder Elite will be included among ATI's software downloads once the card is released, but I would like to know more about the pay for use of the DVD codec.
    Can anyone tell me if it's a part of the MMC software which must be unlocked with a code?
    THanks
    -Erik

Thanks
    if this does not have DVB then i dont wanna think about getting it lol but if it does it just may catch my eye

Thanks
    I've been looking out for a TV card with this theatre 550 chip and it's been one long wait. Since I'm living in France for the foreseeable, I'm worried there's no secam support (or is there and it's not mentioned: could anyone who actually has a card with this chip please do me the favour and dblcheck?)
    I've got lots of secam video and on PAL-only it displays in black and white.
    Anderzej, is ATI ever going to make this chip with secam support?

bv

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by rpertusio
    Andrzej, thanks for the update on the Elite card from ATI!

Do you have any info on why ATI's partners (Sapphire, PowerColor, GeCube, etc) have been significantly delayed in their card offerings? (At least in North America the delay has been several months, with no official word from these companies telling us why. Is it a delay on ATI's end, or..?)

Thanks
    - rp
    I was told via a phone call to both Sapphire and GeCube that the delay was ATI's--That the chips hadn't been delivered.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ciregnol
    ...the chips hadn't been delivered...
    We could deliver them tomorrow...

...but they won't work with PAL

It is just one of those things that products always get produced for one market or the other first

For example, the world's first PCI-Express product in this market was the X600 Pro All-in-Wonder which has been readily available in UK retail for a while now...

...however, the Theatre 550 products have been produced for North America first which means that there is a slight delay while the PAL version is finalised

Quote Originally Posted by blakev
    ......make this chip with secam support...
    I am checking now - should have an answer sometime on Monday
    HEXUS

Registered+
    Thanks

Theatrix

to me it looks like Ati wanted to introduce its own TV tuner at the sametime as Sapphire, Powercolor and Gecube....

or

there have been technical complications / production issues....

anyway

It is for sale in Japan, Norway and Sweden...
    eg http://www.komplett.se/k/ki.asp?sku=306371&cks=SER
    and also here
    http://www.allstarshop.com/shop/prod...FU4EH6KN6M5TCA

information and communication seems to be dificult for most companies

Thanks
    OMFG! It's finnaly here!!!!!!!!!

And about dam time too! I wanted the ATI version but I'll take that SAPPHIRE Theatrix from allstar!

Ordered!

Edit: That ATI elite is 61 bucks more for there remote... Well I can just buy that seperate!
    Last edited by myth; 16-01-2005 at 10:27 PM.

Thread Information