Page 2 of 146 FirstFirst 123451222324252102 ... LastLast

Thread: New ATI Tuner Card.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by menthel
    Us brits will want a freeview version for definate- digital tv recording, nice.
    I'm just glad to see 12 bits and comb filter!

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Brillopad
    sorry about not using the links they were not that helpfull all i want to know is how much it will cost when it will be out and how good the quality is compared to other cards
    Make no mistake, this will be much better! and I was joking about the links! I dought anyone used thoes!

Thanks
    Pyle, i think you have a certain fixation on something other than tv tuner cards!
    Not around too often!

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by menthel
    Pyle, i think you have a certain fixation on something other than tv tuner cards!
    Dont we all?

wibble
    Thanks
    Any news from ATi on when they'll be sticking this on an AiW ?

You said the new X800XT AiW was still going to use the "old" chip (theatre 200?) but there must be some plans for an upgraded AiW using this .... me wants
    Wibble

Currently wanted:
    DVB- satellite pci card

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by skattrd
    Any news from ATi on when they'll be sticking this on an AiW ?

You said the new X800XT AiW was still going to use the "old" chip (theatre 200?) but there must be some plans for an upgraded AiW using this .... me wants

They were not ready in time to intigrate this on the AIW XT, however they will be intigrating it on later models... I read this will be done in 2005! If you want what little info there is you can watch the press conference here...

Thanks

I Read them all

Quote Originally Posted by myth
    Make no mistake, this will be much better! and I was joking about the links! I dought anyone used thoes!
    I did. Good articles. Chock full of info. Thanks for them. I've been salivating over this chip since I first read about it's release. I'm champing at the bit for the AIW cards to start using them. From what I gathered in one of the articles you posted, ATI will start releasing them in 2005. It's only a few months away, but It seems forever. I'm just going to have to occupy myself with other projects while I wait for it. I'm planning on transferring my Laserdiscs to DVD. The "real" star wars trilogy, anybody?

-Erik.

Thanks
    They will allso be on mobos, and laptops! But it will be a while till then! But I would rather have a XT PE... Or a GT + the 550 pro card! This will be the last AIW I will own...
    Last edited by myth; 03-10-2004 at 04:04 PM.

Thanks
    Bump ~

Thanks

Sorry?

Quote Originally Posted by myth
    They will allso be on mobos, and laptops! But it will be a while till then! But I would rather have a XT PE... Or a GT + the 550 pro card! This will be the last AIW I will own...
    Sorry, I'm not up on the XT PE or GT. Which cards are these?
    -Erik.

P.S. They just released Windows XP Media Center Edition is out now for purchase as OEM software. Good news for those waiting to get some of those PVR cards designed to only work with it.

Thanks
    ok, you wanted questions, so here they are. I'm about as mush interested as you in this beauty, and am seriously considering buying one as soon as I can. It has to comply with some of my requirements though :

- Remote : Do you know whether anyone one will release the board with a Remote Wonder II? I want one, as this is the most universally recognised remote. I saw the Sapphire theatrix, which has its own remote, not good. The Tul website mentioned that their Powercolor 550 will have a remote, but couldnt find any info about theirs. My best hope I guess is that ATI say they will release a TV wonder based on that chip in November (do you confirm?). Surely, it will come with a Remote Wonder II no?

- Compatibility : I read that its gonna work with 3 software, but I'd like to use it with beyondTV 3 or sageTV 2, as they are the most exciting TV software around (review on htpcnews.com). Any idea whether its gonna be supported?

- Not sure about that one, but I'll give it a shot anyway. Will it be compliant with teletext (or the US equivalent, i.e. the caption-subtitle thingy)? Or is that a dumb question? Or a software rather than hardware feature?

- Price in UK?

Many thanks

Alexis

Thanks
    Oh yeah, please tell me your views on how its gonna compare with an AIW? AIW or a standard Radeon combined with this beauty?

Thanks
    I too have lusted after the Theater 550. Basically, as soon as I can find a card I will buy it.

Anyone seen it for sale yet? I'm not getting any results on Froogle or PriceWatch.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by nurbz
    ok, you wanted questions, so here they are. I'm about as mush interested as you in this beauty, and am seriously considering buying one as soon as I can. It has to comply with some of my requirements though :

- Remote : Do you know whether anyone one will release the board with a Remote Wonder II? I want one, as this is the most universally recognised remote. I saw the Sapphire theatrix, which has its own remote, not good. The Tul website mentioned that their Powercolor 550 will have a remote, but couldnt find any info about theirs. My best hope I guess is that ATI say they will release a TV wonder based on that chip in November (do you confirm?). Surely, it will come with a Remote Wonder II no?

- Compatibility : I read that its gonna work with 3 software, but I'd like to use it with beyondTV 3 or sageTV 2, as they are the most exciting TV software around (review on htpcnews.com). Any idea whether its gonna be supported?

- Not sure about that one, but I'll give it a shot anyway. Will it be compliant with teletext (or the US equivalent, i.e. the caption-subtitle thingy)? Or is that a dumb question? Or a software rather than hardware feature?

- Price in UK?

Many thanks

Alexis
    Ok, The remote, It is up to the add in makers to decide... As you seen like safire they would rather use there own as they are much cheaper! And the remote wonder 2's sell for about $50 US on eBay!

Next caption-subtitle is a yes! As far as tele text... I dont have a clue!

And the software... I'll look into it!

Quote Originally Posted by ciregnol
    I too have lusted after the Theater 550. Basically, as soon as I can find a card I will buy it.

Anyone seen it for sale yet? I'm not getting any results on Froogle or PriceWatch.

I look on a daily baisis... I also emaild all the companies above! I asked them when they will be available! I sent about 10 emails to each... No luck!
    Last edited by myth; 19-10-2004 at 04:38 PM.

Thanks
    Still not available!

Thanks
    The best tv tuner(not tunner) card that will soon be available, can be found right here

Thread Information