Page 55 of 146 FirstFirst ... 5152535455253545556575865758595105 ... LastLast

Thread: New ATI Tuner Card.

Registered+
    Thanks
    hi guys im new to the forums

i own this card, and i notice one thing i didnt like it, my system only have a 40 gb hdd and im always concerned about my free space, a minutes ago i was watching tv with powercinema software and then i check the free space and it was 29 gb, 20 mins before that i had 31 gb, WTF, where does that 2 gb went??

would i recover those 2 gb when i close the program, and why this happened?
    msi k8n diamond - amd64 3000+ - xp90 - corsair twinx pc4400 2x512mb - evga 7800gtx - powercolor ati theather 550 pro - ocz modstream 450w

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by maruko
    hi guys im new to the forums

i own this card, and i notice one thing i didnt like it, my system only have a 40 gb hdd and im always concerned about my free space, a minutes ago i was watching tv with powercinema software and then i check the free space and it was 29 gb, 20 mins before that i had 31 gb, WTF, where does that 2 gb went??

would i recover those 2 gb when i close the program, and why this happened?
    With 40 gigs, you best record on the "good" setting. You also better "watch and release". You can delete recordings within the Cyberlink software under "Recorded TV".

S.

Thanks
    I only get pixelation when theres something else thats sucking up alot of system resources...

Registered+
    Thanks
    i had another 40gb hdd with 2 partitions, one of them its full of music, and the other one my formula 1 recordings, i bought this card to record f1 races

i try editing one file of the capture settings, i decrease the avg bit rate and max bit rate so it would be enough to record high motion video like sports, i did it as mentioned previosly by one of the forums member

thx

btw, i noticed that i recovered those 2 gb when i close the powercinema app.
    Last edited by maruko; 18-03-2005 at 06:18 AM. Reason: finding
    msi k8n diamond - amd64 3000+ - xp90 - corsair twinx pc4400 2x512mb - evga 7800gtx - powercolor ati theather 550 pro - ocz modstream 450w

Thanks
    yeah, it clears the time shifting cache...

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by maruko
    i had another 40gb hdd with 2 partitions, one of them its full of music, and the other one my formula 1 recordings, i bought this card to record f1 races

i try editing one file of the capture settings, i decrease the avg bit rate and max bit rate so it would be enough to record high motion video like sports, i did it as mentioned previosly by one of the forums member

thx

btw, i noticed that i recovered those 2 gb when i close the powercinema app.
    How did you adjust bitrates?

S.

Thanks
    You can choose from good, better and best in the settings of PowerCinema.
    Or, you can edit the preset files (in the program folder; use notepad to open) and adjust bitrate to anything you need.

BTW, PowerCinema starts recording from the time you start watching TV, and then erases the recorded files after you close it.

Registered+
    Thanks
    i went to the capture folder at the Xrogram files/cyberlink/powercinema and edit the Default_NTSC.prf file with the note pad

i edit the "better" preset
    i change the <VMaxBitRate>=6200000, before it was 8300000
    and the <VBitRate>=4500000

i did this to record high motion sports and not overload my hdd as my capacity is very low, that would let me record 2 hr video and still fit on a dvd disc.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by hrlslcbr
    You can choose from good, better and best in the settings of PowerCinema.
    Or, you can edit the preset files (in the program folder; use notepad to open) and adjust bitrate to anything you need.

BTW, PowerCinema starts recording from the time you start watching TV, and then erases the recorded files after you close it.
    i went to the capture folder at the Xrogram files/cyberlink/powercinema and edit the Default_NTSC.prf file with the note pad

i edit the "better" preset
    i change the <VMaxBitRate>=6200000, before it was 8300000
    and the <VBitRate>=4500000

i did this to record high motion sports and not overload my hdd as my capacity is very low, that would let me record 2 hr video and still fit on a dvd disc.
    Thanks guys, I suspected that is what you did. Maruko--you use some of my favorite settings. Have either of you checked for a way to edit the save location manually as you have the bitrate settings?

S.

Thanks
    Look in:
    X:\Documents and Settings\User\Local Settings\Application Data\Powercinema\Config.xml

There are some paths in there, but I haven't tried to edit it..

Thanks

Save path????

Quote Originally Posted by bubbaganoush
    Look in:
    X:\Documents and Settings\User\Local Settings\Application Data\Powercinema\Config.xml

There are some paths in there, but I haven't tried to edit it..
    Well, if you find out where it's at, let us know . I don't know how long I spend going thru the .xml files looking for the path to save to. I gave up after a while, 8+/hrs a day looking at monitors and then to go home and try to look thru the .xml files , just couldn't hang .
    ***Why are you running, you're only going to die tired...***

Thanks
    Andrzej or Michael: When will the theatre 550 pro get certification for MCE 2005?
    I'm asking this because I know there must be a sharpness control in the drivers to be certified, and I think the captures with my card are too 'soft'.
    Can any of you confirm that the card's actual capture resolution is 720x480?

Cheers.

Thanks

Sharpness

Quote Originally Posted by hrlslcbr
    Andrzej or Michael: When will the theatre 550 pro get certification for MCE 2005?
    I'm asking this because I know there must be a sharpness control in the drivers to be certified, and I think the captures with my card are too 'soft'.
    Can any of you confirm that the card's actual capture resolution is 720x480?

Cheers.

The "softness" might be a product of an overactive noise reduction system. All traces of noise is eliminated but everything has "softish" edges. Remember too that what you get from your tuner or your S-Video in is not exactly 720 by 480. In a lot of cases resolution has little to do with apparent "sharpness" (after a certain number of lines). Digital pictures for instance look very defined and "sharp" even though they're nowhere near the actual resolution of film.

Jonas

Thanks
    Yes, it could be because of the noise reduction filters, but the options can't be changed.
    The actual capture resolution was not related to the softness of the image.
    If you look at http://www.doom9.org/capture/capture_window.html you will understand what I'm talking about.

Registered+
    Thanks
    I'm assuming noise reduction is set at "medium". In VideoVegas I can access the capture properties such as comb filter/noise etc (none work as noted by others of course) and while those not greyed out like sharpness let me adjust settings, noise reduction doesn't... it's set at medium and that's all you get.

Registered+
    Thanks
    well i have news, not so good but im still trying

i edit this settings..

VIDEOCONFIG value="">
    <SNAPSHOT_FOLDER value="C:\Documents and Settings\Marko\Mis documentos\Mis imágenes\Snapshot\Video Snapshot" />
    <DEFAULT_FOLDER value="C:\Documents and Settings\Marko\Mis documentos\Mis vídeos" />
    <CAPTURED_FOLDER value="C:\Documents and Settings\Marko\Mis documentos\Mis vídeos" />
    <VIDEO_BROWSEFOLDER value="C:\Documents and Settings\Marko\Mis documentos\Mis vídeos" /

i change that location to c:/ all of them

this ones too

TV_CONFIG value="">
    <PROFILE_NAME value="Better" />
    <WORKING_FOLDER value="C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Documentos\Mis vídeos\Programas de TV grabados" />
    <SNAPSHOT_FOLDER value="C:\Documents and Settings\Marko\Mis documentos\Mis imágenes\Snapshot\TV Snapshot" />

same thing here....
    went to load powercinema app., try to record anything and..... the file still appear in the same place it was on default

im gonna keep looking at it, at least we know if the bitrate setting can be change, some other things may too...

i try to do it all again and check if the changes i made still there, i found that the changes i made return to the default ones, soo im confused
    Last edited by maruko; 19-03-2005 at 12:00 AM. Reason: checking 2nd result

Thread Information