Page 57 of 146 FirstFirst ... 7172737475455565758596067778797107 ... LastLast

Thread: New ATI Tuner Card.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by satnav4

Anyway, I joined your school of "no more cybertrash"

S.
    At least someone understood that there's no reason to have that crap installed; I have other uses for that hard drive space.

Registered+
    Thanks
    guys, about my last post, i try using powerdvd to run the files that i captured, and the lines are not more there, all i did was select hardware acceleration option as it was the first time i used since i install it

but, when i use bsplayer the lines keep showing up, are there some codec or options i had to activate on bsplayer so it dissapear as in powerdvd?

thanks
    msi k8n diamond - amd64 3000+ - xp90 - corsair twinx pc4400 2x512mb - evga 7800gtx - powercolor ati theather 550 pro - ocz modstream 450w

Thanks
    You could try using DGIndex (search in videohelp.com). If it doesn't show any problems in it, there might be a problem in bsplayer.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by AIW_VID_FAN
    Any way to make my long painful story short.
    You can get ( I still do !) MMC 9.03 or 9.06 to function OK with the Elite 550 and
    Powercinema present on the same machine.
    The 500 is even installed with 9.03 as TV 2 but it hangs( PVR function hangs)
    The error you see is from mmc.exe. Its caused by the remote plus.
    I must give ATI support credit for this one.
    The fix for the MMC.exe is to uninstall MMC 9.X...
    Select DO NOT retain custom setting AND DO NOT delete the .txt files !.
    OK so ATI says MMC doesnt support the 550 BUT, It sure is 99 %
    when installed this way with 9.03.
    This is twilight zone stuff. And it works at 99%!!?! You're lucky tech support gave you this. Normally a workaround that reveals such profound flaws in release software is kept hidden. I think ATi support sympathize with folks suffering the teething pains of this card. A workaround like this reveals something absolutely hilarious!

ATi support must be furious at the extra work this card has caused: they are probably way over budget on support calls for this card: lt's face it, cyberturd has bombed!

So some ATi support manager has said "F** this, I'm losing my shirt! This *** thing has got to work on MMC so these people (customers) will leave me alone!!!" So he's made up a list of every insane install option and given the list to a pimply kid and the kid took good notes as he tried everything out.

Maybe if EVERYBODY started bombarding support with questions, the brass would realize it's cheaper in the long run to actually get the finger out and make the card work. Companies that fail often spend more on support than they ever spent on dev. The support team seems willing to spend it. I mean, if they're taking the trouble to find this kind of workaround, and they are prepared for the shame of requiring a workaround like this to get their 4star product to flipping WORK, they must be furious at management for this turkey and just don't care anymore what people think.

Of course, ATi'd save/make the most money if they give the guy who choose cyberturd over the MMC the sack.

btw, AIW_VID_FAN, I think the support email is perfect: exactly the tone I would take working in support on such a product. I may even have included the freudian slip: "Unfortunately, at this time, there are plans for ATI MMC support for the TV Wonder Elite."
    Well, if there ARE plans, LETS HEAR THEM!!!

Thanks
    AIW_VID_FAN:
    In the third step: 'install from the TV Wonder elite CD all but the drivers.'
    What must I install? PowerCinema? (Hope not...)

I can't install the remote wonder, because I don't have a remote wonder (just the cyberlink remote)

Does it allow you to capture to avi, or only to MPEG? Can you change any settings?
    Thank you.
    Last edited by hrlslcbr; 21-03-2005 at 12:38 AM.

Registered+
    Thanks

pix posted

hrlslcbr : I did install powercinema: It is still my only option that I can watch for now.
    I just looked at my Elite Install CD. I chose custom:, NO to the RIO drivers, no to parental control, and I let them install DirectX, The ATI REmoteWonder(its for the plus,remote wonder software is ver 301. and Powercinema.
    I just grabbed lots of MMC 9.03 screenshots, Yes, I can choose all of the AVI codecs,up to 704x480.resolution.and both NTSC and PAL.
    Hardware mpg2s ther too, IBP frame options,constant or variable bitrate up to 20Mb.
    at 720x480. I will get some online soon.
    better late than never, here they are:
    http://img152.exs.cx/my.php?loc=img1...icodecs6pe.png
    http://img152.exs.cx/my.php?loc=img1...ettings0gb.png
    http://img152.exs.cx/my.php?loc=img1...resets11xv.png
    http://img152.exs.cx/my.php?loc=img1...resets27lf.png
    http://img152.exs.cx/my.php?loc=img1...resets39px.png
    http://img152.exs.cx/my.php?loc=img1...resets45ou.png
    http://img152.exs.cx/my.php?loc=img1...resets54eh.png
    http://img152.exs.cx/my.php?loc=img1...resets60no.png
    http://img152.exs.cx/my.php?loc=img1...ateswiz7ng.png
    http://img152.exs.cx/my.php?loc=img1...cable1b9ed.png
    http://img152.exs.cx/my.php?loc=img1...2hw20mb9tf.png
    http://img152.exs.cx/my.php?loc=img1...olution0qm.png
    http://img152.exs.cx/my.php?loc=img1...edriver6hw.png
    Last edited by AIW_VID_FAN; 26-03-2005 at 02:57 AM. Reason: fix typo add PAL

Registered+
    Thanks
    solved the problem, enable vmr9 renderless mode on bsplayer options-preferences
    msi k8n diamond - amd64 3000+ - xp90 - corsair twinx pc4400 2x512mb - evga 7800gtx - powercolor ati theather 550 pro - ocz modstream 450w

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by AIW_VID_FAN
    hrlslcbr : I did install powercinema: It is still my only option that I can watch for now.
    I just looked at my Elite Install CD. I chose custom:, NO to the RIO drivers, no to parental control, and I let them install DirectX, The ATI REmoteWonder(its for the plus,remote wonder software is ver 301. and Powercinema.
    I just grabbed lots of MMC 9.03 screenshots, Yes, I can choose all of the AVI codecs,up to 704x480.resolution.and both NTSC and PAL.
    Hardware mpg2s ther too, IBP frame options,constant or variable bitrate up to 20Mb.
    at 720x480. I will get some online soon.
    I am confused. If the ATI "workaround" works to provide MMC support, why would you need to load Cyberlink's software? The whole point is to avoid putting that sad product on your computer in the first place. I appreciate your help, so don't take the question the wrong way.

S.

Registered+
    Thanks
    no problem :
    The Ati workaround was only offered to me as a solution to have both the elite/powercinema package and MMC 9.03 work... with my AIW X600 pro ,in the same pc.
    Getting 9.03 to work with MMC 9.03 was not supported or expected by ATI.
    So far my guess is that its either an accident it even loaded as tv2 or more likely a support issue or bug.
    Guess Im I expecting too much...,I now have 4 ATI tuners ,between the AIW X600,TV Wonder Elite 550,and the HDTV Wonder(ATSC and analog), I have yet to see MMC support any 2 of them with Multiview.
    So far the Elite and MMC 9.03 is just a test...functionality is limited to a few random minutes..
    ive seen 1-5 mins before it just locks up. By the way the Elite is always in time shift mode.
    (like the HDTV wonder).When i say it "locks". it just pauses and stops recording.
    I can rewind a replay all day, but have to quit and restart to get live again.
    Also the new MMC 9.06 will not see or load the Elite 550 as TV2 anymore.
    Could MMC 9.03/550 be an accident? maybe thats why 9.06 was "fixed".
    I'm only tolerating and using cyberlink for now,
    I think its time for me to change my user name. What was I thinking ..

Thanks
    Is CeBit over yet?
    Andrzej,
    Can you give us a timetable on when we might hope to hear some replies about ATI's plans to address the issues we've outlined? If you like We can list them all again.

We're curiouser than ever...

-Erik.

Thanks
    Erik, you bring up a good point. Because this thread so long, I'm fairly certain no one (ATI or Sapphire, etc) would read all 61+ pages.

Maybe we should somehow compile a list of Questions and/or Wish list for ATI?

Not sure the best way to go about it, but I like the idea.

- rp

Thanks
    Hi All,

Sorry for the delay - things have been hectic and are not likely to get less busy for a week or 2 so I am going to apologise in advance if we hit 'quiet periods'

I have 2 suggestions, if you are all up for it:-

1) We compile a list of outstanding issues that have not already been addresses (i.e. please don't ask 'Will 550 support MMC ?' cos you already know the answer to that one ) - then try and get a 'catch all' reply posted for them

2) I will kick of a new thread shortly for technical queries/support/suggestions going forward for people who have bought the product or are thinking about buying it

The idea here is to create 2 threads

One for the kind of questions that were being asked before the product reached the PAL markets etc with new drivers...

...and the second as a resource for new customers either coming in - or about to come in

I will wait until we get the 61-page summary up and (as far as possible) responded to before kicking off thread 2 so that no one thinks there is a 'switch' taking place to ignore the serious questions that have been posed

Let's get those together - answer them - then create a (we hope !) more wieldly

Thoughts ?
    "X800GT... snap it up while you still can"
    HEXUS
    ......................................August 2005

Thanks
    Andrzej
    I would like to know when the sharpness issue, or a control to address the issue, will be implemented. The card works pretty well in my setup, but the picture is very washed out. Kind of like vaseline on the screen; well maybe not that bad, but you get the idea. Some definition to the picture is what is needed. If your company can fix this, I'll ditch my Hauppauge 150 for a second ATI 550 card. Thanks!!

Banned
    Thanks
    'One for the kind of questions that were being asked before the product reached the PAL markets etc with new drivers...'

ANDRZEJ

Has it been released for PAL yet??

If not when?

cheers

Registered+
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by backlund
    Andrzej
    I would like to know when the sharpness issue, or a control to address the issue, will be implemented. The card works pretty well in my setup, but the picture is very washed out. Kind of like vaseline on the screen; well maybe not that bad, but you get the idea. Some definition to the picture is what is needed. If your company can fix this, I'll ditch my Hauppauge 150 for a second ATI 550 card. Thanks!!
    I agree with Andrzej with the shapness control. I use the 550 in an MCE implementation and would love the option of being able to adjust the sharpness of the card. Of course any other additional options would be icing on the cake.

Thanks

problems with power cinema

mr ANDRZEJ, some problems I have with power cinema

1. My captured picture is washed out, Using iuvcr I am able to get a great
    picture by adjusting the video processing amp , however powercinema
    doesn't give me access to change anything.

2. I have a small system drive and a large secondary, not being able to
    change the store directory is problematic

3. The video freezes if I try to record from composite or svideo

4. Changing to VCD or SVCD doesn't seem to work
    the resolution is still 720*480

5. Doesn't allow avi or wmv recording

Thread Information