Page 60 of 146 FirstFirst ... 102030405057585960616263708090100110 ... LastLast

Thread: New ATI Tuner Card.

Banned
    Thanks
    Any updated on PAL release?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by spacded
    DUTCH me old Mucker you are about 3-4 weeks late on this one mate!!

blimey you will be quoting me from my 1st email soon

And Im not OVER IT COS I HAVE NOT HAD IT!!! Still waiting on PAL version
    Even I was about to stick up for you because you had been politely quiet for so long----but then the feeling passed. I can't wait til you get the card. I want to be one of the first to post on your thread about your unhappy experiences with the card.

S.

Registered+
    Thanks

give and take

DUTCH me old Mucker you are about 3-4 weeks late on this one mate!!
    I am new to the thread, and was just getting caught up. I did like your post about "the precious," but decided to give you a ribbing anyway

Hopefully Michael B will show up again soon.

Was there ever a decisive summary of the meeting? I didn't seem to notice it in the thread.

Registered+
    Thanks

Another OEM 550

Quote Originally Posted by farmkid
    It is readily available in several flavors (Sapphire Theatrix, Powercolor, ATI TV Wonder Elite) from several online retailers. My personal favorites are Newegg and Zipzoomfly, but if you search for it on froogle.com, you can take your pick of retailers.
    I have also seen another flavor of the 550 that I have not heard anyone comment on, Its from Diamond,I have seen it at Micro-Center in Boston.
    about 99$ retail, came bundled with Beyond TV, EPG is a 30 day, not sure regarding the PAL tuner vs NTSC.
    Regards

Thanks
    Any updated on PAL release?
    I just got off the phone wth GeCube about their product:
    GECUBE TV CINEMASTER 550PRO

spacded, call these numbers

It seems that they only have thier products in Taiwan and UK, according to the lady I spoke to, cus there wasn't demand for it in the US right now.(hmmm... wonder why?)

Anyways... spacded, get off you butt and do some searching for this product, and actually read the post on this thread(no selective reading), read the post, you would of found the link to Gecudes site and if you really wanted it that bad, you would of contacted them to see if they had it.

Please, contribute to this thread instead of posting retarded replies (that aren't even funny ) that only makes the original poster more mad/irritated. They already have a product that's not being fully supported by the crappy software that was shipped with it, so, all you're doing is adding gas to the fire.

Start your own thread about when PAL will be released, or PM Andrzej and get it over with, wait for his reply! As you noticed on this thread, not too many people are worried about when the PAL version is coming out, they're more concerned in trying to find something that works or working on ways to make the card work to its promised potential...
    Last edited by islasian; 23-03-2005 at 10:13 PM.
    ***Why are you running, you're only going to die tired...***

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by AIW_VID_FAN
    I have also seen another flavor of the 550 that I have not heard anyone comment on, Its from Diamond,I have seen it at Micro-Center in Boston.
    about 99$ retail, came bundled with Beyond TV, EPG is a 30 day, not sure regarding the PAL tuner vs NTSC.
    Regards
    I am fairly sure that is not a 550 chip product. I believe it has a Conexant 10 bit chip. They might want to substitute "Hauppauge" for "550" so customers will view it as a fully workable product.

S.

Banned
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dutchfudge
    I am new to the thread, and was just getting caught up. I did like your post about "the precious," but decided to give you a ribbing anyway .

Glad to see at least one person with a Sense of humour

'Even I was about to stick up for you because you had been politely quiet for so long----but then the feeling passed. I can't wait til you get the card. I want to be one of the first to post on your thread about your unhappy experiences with the card.'
    S.

Satnav
    Glad to see you have finally got over those feelings of bitterness and anger M8!! Im sure the card ios gonna rock with MCE and if it doesnt i will take it back and Move on!!

'not too many people are worried about when the PAL version is coming out'

actually quite a few have asked about it and here seems as good a place as any! BTW the reply wiv quotes only worx once! as far as i can see

Banned
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by islasian
    Please, contribute to this thread instead of posting retarded replies (that aren't even funny ) that only makes the original poster more mad/irritated. They already have a product that's not being fully supported by the crappy software that was shipped with it, so, all you're doing is adding gas to the fire.
    Err I havent said a peep for ages these guys start quoting ages old stuff
    Satnav starts being all bitter and twisted again without any input from myself
    and you have a go at me??

Thanks
    Just having some fun, killing time while waiting for the ATI guys to revert. Don't take it personally.

S.

Thanks

Don't get your panties twisted spacded....

BTW the reply wiv quotes only worx once! as far as i can see
    Live on the edge a little and look at the different options you have when you reply to a quote. You can acutally quote more thatn once . Not everything is like the MCE layout that you like so much, sometimes you have to mess with the settings to get what you want (hint: cut & paste )

LOL.. I just knew you were going to start your response with Err. Kinda sux when someone pics on your question, doesn't it? You have to remember, just becuase you think it's funny, doesn't mean it's funny to the other person . Like I said, you're tasteless humor response to people letting out their displeasure with what was promised doesn't help, and for you to get mad when they respond back to you in an unkindly manner... spacded, what were you expecting?? Praises for your comments?

So, out of curiousity, did you contact Gecube and asked about their product? Have you PM Andrzej and asked for a specific date?

And if you start your reply with Err again, I'm going to fall out of my chair from laughing....

ps must be killing you that lovely 550 pro in ur PC and no MMC!!!

maybe ATi will release it by xmas!!
    LOL.... It must be killing you that you don't have the lovely 550pro (PAL) in your PC yet, and honestly, you should consider yourself lucky if they release the PAL version by xmas... look at how long it took them to release the NTSC...
    Last edited by islasian; 24-03-2005 at 12:36 AM.

Banned
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by satnav4
    Just having some fun, killing time while waiting for the ATI guys to revert. Don't take it personally.

S.

nah i dont take it seriously I KNOW YOUR A JOKE!!

ps must be killing you that lovely 550 pro in ur PC and no MMC!!!

maybe ATi will release it by xmas!!

Banned
    Thanks
    ERR (thats a free one for you seeing as despite your intentions you have been vaguely helpful , be care on the chair)

'And if you start your reply with Err again, I'm going to fall out of my chair from laughing....'

couldnt be arsed to use the quotes.

no i havent phoned GEcube cos there is no UK number on their site!! and its late here

Andrej visits this thread so i thought he might actually answer a question in it!

really this is one of my fav threads i never knew peeps couild get so upset over a tv card, im just keen to try it!!

Banned
    Thanks
    'LOL.... It must be killing you that you don't have the lovely 550pro (PAL) in your PC yet, and honestly, you should consider yourself lucky if they release the PAL version by xmas... look at how long it took them to release the NTSC'

NAh m8 its gonna come out soon enough i guess, 2 b honest my PVR250 is doing a pretty good job , never misses a show and all recordings are pretty damn good.

Why dont you tight wads splurge and buy MCE its only a few dollars

Thanks
    'LOL.... It must be killing you that you don't have the lovely 550pro (PAL) in your PC yet, and honestly, you should consider yourself lucky if they release the PAL version by xmas... look at how long it took them to release the NTSC'

NAh m8 its gonna come out soon enough i guess, 2 b honest my PVR250 is doing a pretty good job , never misses a show and all recordings are pretty damn good.

spacded.. you are just too funny... I'm glad you like recording TV shows, I'm more into preserving home videos, reason why I bought this card cus it's suppose to be ALL THAT.. according to ATI... I could care less about how a TV show looks on my computer, if I want to watch a clean picture, I'll watch it on my TV.
    no i havent phoned GEcube cos there is no UK number on their site!! and its late here
    Take your own advice and stop being a tight wad and call long distance(or shoot them an e-mail, it's free you know ), just because it's late there, doesn't mean it's late everywhere else, dude, you need to get out of your house more...

I have a home theather system in my house, why would I want to spend more money on MCE? Maybe since you're so rich and saving money from not making long-distance calls, you can send me the money and I'll buy MCE, and then we could be buddies and say how much we love the 550PRO, that is, when they release a PAL version for you

Andrej visits this thread so i thought he might actually answer a question in it!
    Have you noticed, he's not responding to questions, maybe because he's busy , actually doing his job(which I can tell you it's not Tech support). He comes here on his own time to help out when he can.
    If you really want an answer, try contacting ATI directly(they actually have one in UK, from what I hear).

Try this:
    E-mail ATI and ask when it will be available. They will respond, and it's probably not a clear response. You e-mail back for clarification, and this goes back and forth, which in time starts eating up alot of your time. Then all of a sudden, people start getting hostile and we run into a food shortage.. then the ozone will deplete faster because of the increased breathing rate... humans will begin mutating to adapt to the increased UV ray exposure.. children will be born with legs comming out of their heads.. our language will become a crude mixture of clicking noises and duck calls.... and in the end, it will all lead back to ATI hyping up and promising features for the 550PRO and don't deliver on their promise and hype..... *sigh*.. such is the life of the consumer.... (disclaimer: no actual ATI reps or consumers were actually harmed in this scenerio, this is not meant to offend anyone ....)
    Last edited by islasian; 24-03-2005 at 01:34 AM.

Thanks

2 b honest my PVR250 is doing a pretty good job , never misses a show and all recordings are pretty damn good.

Finally, he admits he has a fully functional Hauppauge product in his computer. Take a hint--stick with Hauppauge for the time being.

Why would I want to "splurge" for MiCE? Wouldn't that limit me to only 2 tuners?---Err, yes. I already have 4 tuners in my computer. No need to go backwards now. Gbpvr can run 2 now, and will soon run all three hardware encoders (2 150's and 1 550). BTV can run all 4, albeit with 2 extra tuner licenses. Sage can run 3 for $70 (it will not run the AIW). Why in the world would anyone buy MCE for a multi tuner setup? Did it come with your Emachine or People PC (freebie) computer?

I prefer to splurge on hardware--preferably hardware that works. I am still waiting on the 550 to work as promised.

S.

Banned
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by satnav4
    Finally, he admits he has a fully functional Hauppauge product in his computer. Take a hint--stick with Hauppauge for the time being.

I prefer to splurge on hardware--preferably hardware that works. I am still waiting on the 550 to work as promised.

S.
    I mentioned ages ago that I have a PVR 250 in my PC which was about the best you could get when i BUILT my HTPC

2 b honest I dont watch that much TV im more interested in having a life than recording Tv shows im never gonna get the time to watch. Why anyone would need more than 2 tuners is beyond me but hey we are all different.

The difference between MCE and most other PVR solutions (and believe me i have tried most of em) is that it actually works with minimal fuss.

SOME OF US actually have OTHER people in our lives that like to use the HTPC and not ned a degree in bitrates blah blah blah etc that you guys come out with. The 550 PRO was DESIGNED to be used with MCE , The ATI guys have said so ........ WHY YOU NO LISTEN

naturally im gonna stick with haupage for the time being cos the PAL hasnt come out yet, if its better when it does i will keep it , if not i will return it and not whine like a big girl (take the hint !!)

t

Thread Information