Page 64 of 146 FirstFirst ... 142434445461626364656667748494104114 ... LastLast
Results 1,009 to 1,024 of 2321

Thread: New ATI Tuner Card.

Thanks
    I asked sub at GBPVR whether the new ATI drivers will support use of GBPVR. Confirming SHSPVR's findings, sub posted the following:

"To be quite honest, I'm becoming disillussioned with 550 Pro, which is unfortunate considering it sounded so good on paper.

I tried these new drivers, but still no audio out of PowerCinema, Microsoft AMCap or GB-PVR. I'm fairly sure they've either sent me a lemon, or it has a PAL I tuner, or the device is in some way not compatible with our PAL B/G here in New Zealand.

Within 48 hours of PowerCinema (or any other application) producing successful audio/video on my machine, I'll release a version of GB-PVR which works with this device. Until then, there isn't really anything I can do." http://forums.gbpvr.com/showthread.php?t=4865

Until something changes, we remain stuck with Cyberlink.

Ironically, I received a survey today from Cyberlink about the Power Cinema software I downloaded awaiting the CD from Sapphire. I let them have it with both barrels, pointing out most of the deficiencies posted above. I am not holding my breath.

S.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by satnav4
    Give it a rest. I already called a truce. I am back to ignoring him.

S.
    Cool, glad you stepped up

Quote Originally Posted by satnav4
    Ironically, I received a survey today from Cyberlink about the Power Cinema software I downloaded awaiting the CD from Sapphire. I let them have it with both barrels, pointing out most of the deficiencies posted above. I am not holding my breath.
    Hopefully they listen and not delete it... I wouldn't hold my breath either, with any luck, maybe they'll send you the full version
    Last edited by islasian; 25-03-2005 at 06:42 PM.
    ***Why are you running, you're only going to die tired...***

Thanks
    The comb filter is enabled with the new drivers..
    according to this:
    http://sphere.htpcnews.com/comb_testing/combtesting.htm

Banned
    Thanks
    'Calm down spacded.. this is only a forum, you don't even have the card yet and you're getting all worked up and at the same time irritating people who do have the card and aren't happy with it, if you don't like *whiners* as you've said, then ignore the threads where people are stating their displeasure with the card and look for threads that have info that you need, simple as that..and that should go for satnav4 as well, you stated to just ignore him and he'll go away, but you keep replying to his post.. someone needs to step up and be the bigger man... who's it ganna be??? spacded? satnav4?'

You really think Iwould actually write to ATI !! who would i write to!!

twas tongue in cheek m8

Im just sick of SH*TNAV having a pop just cos hes crying about his card!!
    esp when i havent said anything for weeks!!

If anyone knows of any PAL cards in UK and where they can be bought let me know!

Thanks

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by spacded
    You really think Iwould actually write to ATI !! who would i write to!!

twas tongue in cheek m8

Im just sick of SH*TNAV having a pop just cos hes crying about his card!!
    esp when i havent said anything for weeks!!

If anyone knows of any PAL cards in UK and where they can be bought let me know!
    I really don't know WHO you would write(customer service maybe?? I don't know), it just seemed like you blew your top . No worries here... I assume we can act like adults on this thread and try to help each other out instead of edge each other on.... so enough with the name calling..

This is an e-mail I got back; remember the links I posted for you to check out for the Gecube brand:

Dear Customer,
    Please log on to http://www.komusa.com/gigacube.html to find the PCIe card. However, Gecube did not sale Gecube TV Cinemaster 550PRO(GC-T550PROX) in USA.

I e-mailed him back and asked if it was available for PAL since it's not released in the US yet. I'm waiting for his response... I did not check that site for the Gecube, maybe you can check for it? What I'm trying to get at is, try doing some research to see who might have this product.. don't give up if you can't find it right away...
    Last edited by islasian; 25-03-2005 at 07:42 PM.

Thanks
    Anyone know how the picture is looking with the new drivers and Svideo? bubbaganoush's post looks pretty much identical, so I'm wondering how real video is looking. Thanks!

Thanks
    Dont judge the picture quality from that link...the same test pattern is used and its not really meant to be super high quality..it just shows that the comb filter is enabled...

Thanks

ATI/Sapphire/GeCube 550 Pro Shootout!

Here it is, in case anyone wanted to know how the three cards compared, or how the 550 Pro compares to the Theater 200. From the results of this review, I'm getting an AIW and forgetting about the 550 Pro until ATI get's it's software issue worked out.

http://www.firingsquad.com/hardware/...eater_550_pro/

-Erik

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by bubbaganoush
    Dont judge the picture quality from that link...the same test pattern is used and its not really meant to be super high quality..it just shows that the comb filter is enabled...
    True, but everything is sharper between drivers, and I would have to guess that will carry over to having my Digital Cable box plugged into it via svideo. I'll try it when I get home.

Thanks
    Does any of the ATI guys out there have a changelog, or some sort of idea what is new in this release of the drivers? A changelog on the ati.com site would be nice. Thanks!

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by e.lectronick
    Here it is, in case anyone wanted to know how the three cards compared, or how the 550 Pro compares to the Theater 200. From the results of this review, I'm getting an AIW and forgetting about the 550 Pro until ATI get's it's software issue worked out.

http://www.firingsquad.com/hardware/...eater_550_pro/

-Erik
    Here is the direct link to the Cyberlink review:
    Cyberlink
    It is not very flattering.

S.

Registered+
    Thanks

ha ha!

Quote Originally Posted by e.lectronick
    Guess they didn't bother to actually feel the chip, they BELIEVE that it runs cool just because there is no heatsink

Thanks

Smile

Hello...this is my first post on HEXUS - this is a wild thread.

I purchased the PowerColor Theater 550 Pro (NTSC) almost two weeks ago from NEWEGG, and like you, have been trying to put together the pieces of the driver/software puzzle to unlock the promised rich features of this card. Cyberlink is obviously not responsive to the problems related to the 'GENERIC' version of PowerCinema distributed with Theater 550 based cards. After reading pages of this forum, I have no idea what ATI's intentions are. I am also a Radeon AIW owner and am saddened by the lack of support from ATI for the Theater 550. I will upgrade the drivers each time they are re-released and see if things get better.

On to better things... for those of you who have installed PowerCinema on Windows XP, I have found work arounds for saving both TV recordings and video input recordings to my 160 Gig slave drive. I am running Windows XP Pro. On my PC, the TV Recordings are being sent to a 'Recorded TV Shows' subfolder of the 'Shared Video' folder under 'Shared Documents'. This is a Windows system folder that cannot be moved by simply dragging and dropping it on your slave drive. Instead the folder must be REDIRECTED. Check out the freeware utility at http://windowsxp.mvps.org/folderredirector.htm. This worked for me - I redirected my 'Shared Video' folder to my f:\ drive. NOTE: This utility modifies registry files. Use it at your own risk - do your own homework. I also recommend backing up the old registry settings before redirecting the folder. The freeware utility has a feature to do this. I am not sure where PowerCinema stores the video when live TV is paused, but all TV recordings are now automatically saved in the 'Shared Video' folder on my slave drive.

On my PC, video capture from Composite or S-Video is stored in the 'My Videos' folder under 'My Documents'. Rather than redirecting the 'My Videos' folder like the 'Shared Videos' folder above, I tried a different approach. I created a new target folder 'Captured Video' on my slave drive. I right-clicked on this folder and created a shortcut to it. I then dragged this shortcut to the 'My Videos' folder. I renamed the shortcut to 'Captured Video'. PowerCinema allows you to select a subfolder of 'My Videos' in the menu VIDEOS -> SETTINGS -> CAPTURE. I typed the path to the 'Captured Video' shortcut placed in the 'My Videos' folder. It worked - captured video was sent to the 'Captured Video' folder on my slave drive via the shortcut.

Hopefully this information helps some of you who are still trying to use PowerCinema.

Things will get better.
    Last edited by kurt; 25-03-2005 at 11:02 PM.

Thanks

Thumbs up This should help alot of people with storage issues...

Quote Originally Posted by kurt

Hopefully this information helps some of you who are still trying to use PowerCinema.

Things will get better.
    You are da man kurt , welcome to the scene... hopefully this helps out alot of the people here. I have a 50GB RAID 0 partition for my OS, so I'm not really too worried..

And yes, this thread is wild ...

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by kurt
    That was such a good first post, I can't wait for the second.

Thanks

S.

Thanks

PAL Theatrix is apparently out

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...sPageName=WDVW

Somebody is selling one on Ebay. Or, is this old news already?

-Erik.

Thread Information