Page 94 of 146 FirstFirst ... 445464748491929394959697104114124134144 ... LastLast
Results 1,489 to 1,504 of 2321

Thread: New ATI Tuner Card.

Registered+
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by nvening
    Im confused, what is this thread about now? Everyone knows the card was crap.
    If your not a troll (heh as if) define crap? Define everyone? I've had a leadtek tv2000 expert, a hauppage 150, and I kept this as you call "crap" since it puls in channels far better, the PQ was better than both for the most part, a tad soft in some aspects only compared to the hauppage but the hauppage like leadtek was poor in pulling in channels even with a farily good signal, and even without the support for me it still works better.

Banned
    Thanks
    Its not crap its just slightly better than the best of the others

it has 2 redeeming factors

1. Its Cheap

2. It might have more mileage in it via future drivers

It IS however on present performance, THE MOST HYPED PIECE OF HARDWARE EVER!!!
    and the LEAST SUPPORTED!!! no new driver since march

sub
    Registered+
    Thanks
    Octavean, remember GB-PVR records to MPEG2, so unlike the .dvr-ms files recorded by MCE, you can use pretty much any MPEG2 editting software.

I know what you mean though. I was just pointing that ATI are now supporting third party development, and were starting to see the fruits of this. I'm sure you'll soon be seeing more applications supporting this device, but development takes time.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by tripx
    This is normal for some channels. Most tvs will overscan the incoming signal and you'll lose 5-10% of the total image around the edges--so they won't even be visible to the average tv watcher.

On my old leadtek winfast tv 2000 it would crop the incoming signal automatically so that those black bar were not visible. The theatrix does not do this.
    I have this problem. As I realised it is a Cyberlink encoder problem bacause it occurs when I'm in time shift mode (PowerCinema always in time shift). Whith GBPVR without time shift there is no black bar (but in time ****f it also and the recorded show also has).
    ATI also stated that it is a Cyberlink sw. problem.
    I don't want to use iuvcr, I don't want to pay for it.

gaspika

Thanks
    I'm still hanging on to get a returned merchandise ticket. So I looked about.

Lots of threads out there complaining bitterly about AIWs not handling anything but the tuner's broadcast standard on composite.
    Terrible. If only I'd known.
    Is anyone set up to double check the issue I have? That is, they can send a real PAL signal via composite to an NTSC card, or a real NTSC signal via composite to a PAL card. Or am I the only one? (weep moan)

Banned
    Thanks
    blakev.. maybe its time to move on mate?

Thanks

Checking in

Just thought I'd drop by and see what's doing?
    I read that there're still no new drivers out. Wonderful.
    To any ATI guys still paying any attention to this thread; you dropped the ball and now it's rolled away into traffic. No going after it without getting hit by a car, eh?

Well, try...

-Erik.

Thanks
    PowerColor announced a dual tuner version of these cards...looks pretty much the same as the regular 550 but with another TV port....

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by spacded
    blakev.. maybe its time to move on mate?
    Righty-ho lad. Ask thrice, and ye shall receive. Your request coincides with me finally getting a straight answer from an ATi techie.

The truth is that the architecture of this card is unique, as tv cards go. ATi, to save cash, centered all video processing functions into one chip. Foolish me. I remember reading this, but I hadn't made the connection. This is of course why the composite/s-video channel signal cannot handle any standard other than what the tuner handles.
    Therefore what ATi initially wrote about this card is terribly misleading. Lots of stuff about "tuner supports WW broadcast standards", "card is NTSC/PAL", etc. I can see why I was misled.

So ATi have made a giant leap forward in the world of tv cards. Unlike all other manufacturers before them, they have made a card where all inputs support only ONE broadcast standard.

Goodbye
    blakev (a future owner of a Hauppauge PVR150)

Banned
    Thanks
    i think they are going to bring out a SECAM card at some point but by then you may have:

1. Bought something else i.e.PVR 150
    2. Given up TV cards as a bad job and joined the Hari Krishnas
    3.Something much better will have come out and u will buy that

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by bubbaganoush
    PowerColor announced a dual tuner version of these cards...looks pretty much the same as the regular 550 but with another TV port....
    Sounds interesting,…!

Does that include radio too,....?

Got linkage and pix,….?

Anyway, looks like VisionTek is getting in on the T550P action and they are bundling SnapStream’s Beyond TV SE and Beyond Media. Not sure how cut down the SE version is but it has to be better then CPC!!!!

Too bad the retail VisionTek package is likely to go for $99,…..

One wonders if this includes SnapStream’s Firefly PC Remote too,….

Inverness, IL June 2, 2005 -VisionTek Products, LLC ( www.visiontek.com ) the "Premium Retail Partner" for ATI in North America and provider of PC enhancement products, and SnapStream Media, Inc. ( www.snapstream.com ), a leading developer of digital entertainment products announced today a strategic OEM partnership. VisionTek will bundle SnapStream Media's award winning Beyond TV SE and Beyond Media software with its new Theater 550 Pro TV tuner card designed for use in Windows XP. The VisionTek Theater 550PRO XP version with SnapStream software is available at COMP USA, Fry's Electronics, Micro Center Electronics and leading e-commerce sites.
    http://www.visiontek.com/06_02_05.html

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by sub

GB-PVR is designed to be used for TV Recording and much of its functionality revolves around TV listings etc, so you pretty much need them.

I'm not convinced GB-PVR is the type of application you're looking for.

This is why I haven't used GB-PVR. As much as I think it's a wonderful program, and Sub deserves all the accolades that he gets (not to mention money down the road) I have no great need for automated recording options based on TV listings of a particular country or region. For me the option of manually scheduling recordings is very important. Especially if I have to tweak XML files to enable automatic scheduling.

having said all that... my hat is still off to the Great Sub

Jonas

Thanks
    XML???
    I only use GB-PVR (and graphedit, of course) and have never touched an XML file to set up GB-PVR...
    You just have to select 'Capture Sources', and click 'add'. Then you choose a name like TV Tuner, and as the recording source, choose ATI Theatre 550 pro, your country, etc.
    Then click on 'settings' for EPG source, and click OK without changing anything, and finally click OK in the main window.
    Now you will not have any channels, but if you bring up the config tool again, you can click 'add' in the channels list and add as many channels as you like.
    To record I just press the red button in my sapphire remote control (the record button...), and it starts recording.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Octavean
    Sounds interesting,…!

Got linkage and pix,….?
    I may have been wrong on that...it says on their forum that they will be introducing dual tv tuners, but I think it may just mean dual tuner support with the new software they are gonna release..

check the official forum, http://www.powercolor.com/forum.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Octavean
    Sounds interesting,…!

Got linkage and pix,….?

Anyway, looks like VisionTek is getting in on the T550P action and they are bundling SnapStream’s Beyond TV SE and Beyond Media. Not sure how cut down the SE version is but it has to be better then CPC!!!!

Too bad the retail VisionTek package is likely to go for $99,…..

One wonders if this includes SnapStream’s Firefly PC Remote too,….

http://www.visiontek.com/06_02_05.html
    Sounds promising, but you may want to beware of the Beyond TV offered. I have the full version, and it is great. Problem is, the SE version offered with the Visiontek card may be the same version offered with the Diamond 550. Apparently, that version includes only a 60 day trial of the guide service, following which there is a subscription fee. See Diamond 550 comments. At the same time, a stripped down version of BTV is better that the full version of Cyberlink's Power Enema.

S.
    Last edited by satnav4; 09-06-2005 at 01:22 PM.

Registered+
    Thanks
    New Drivers ATI has just posted updated drivers for the Theater 550 Pro

Thread Information