Page 74 of 146 FirstFirst ... 2434445464717273747576778494104114124 ... LastLast
Results 1,169 to 1,184 of 2321

Thread: New ATI Tuner Card.

Thanks
    satnav4,
    Read in to it. It's rent to own. not every obsticle is a wall.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by wetherby
    satnav4,
    Read in to it. It's rent to own. not every obsticle is a wall.
    Yes, but all cells have walls, and those walls are obstacles keeping you in.

S.

Thanks
    The thing is both Cyberlink and MCE2005 can't access the S-video and composit video input, which i need it for transfering my old video type to DVD.

Thanks
    You CAN access S-Video and composite with cyberlink. Not sure about MCE though...

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by hrlslcbr
    You CAN access S-Video and composite with cyberlink. Not sure about MCE though...
    Correct--they are under the video settings in the gui.

S.

Registered+
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by hrlslcbr
    I agree, in Cyberlink, go to Videos and Capture Video...

right now this is the exact purpose of my TWE card.. and the videos come out beautifully.

Thanks
    duren:
    I like the MPEG-2 output, but I think the avi output is much better. You can use graphedit (or amcap, or virtualvcr) to capture to avi; it works fine.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by blakev
    Why'd you take it back, x4mer?
    I couldn't get it to work with MeedioTV or GotAllMedia. GAM wouldn't use the card in HW mode, only as a normal tuner using the preview pin. This produced a horribly grainy picture compared to my ehome wonder, since I'm used to the mpeg compression getting rid of all the analog noise.

Even when it was 'working' like that, the video & audio were terribly out of sync (when the audio was working at all). Under MeedioTV, where the card was running in HW encoder mode, the audio/video sync problems continued.

I didn't even try the included software since it had no EPG, & the tuner was for my HTPC in my living room, so EPG is req'd.

Registered+
    Thanks
    Can someone post their graphedit configuration for capturing into MPEG2? the one I recreated to the best of my ability from this thread (the simple one without output) but it keeps telling me that "the graph could not change state", "No time stamp has been set for this sample", and I don't know how to fix it.

Thanks in advance...

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by duren

right now this is the exact purpose of my TWE card.. and the videos come out beautifully.

I see, thanks!

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by duren

At 8000kbs, I sure hope they come out great. Your problem comes when you want to fit 1.5 hours on a DVD. Then you will see you need a vbr in the 4700-5000kbs range. Good luck finding that setting in the Cyberlink software. It doesn't exist. I guess you could edit the registry, but why should you have to do that on a high end card?

S.

Thanks
    Another problem with PowerCinema is that it does not let you preview in full screen when using the video capture mode .

Thanks
    The new version 0.1.1.1 of Media Portal now supports the ATI TV Wonder Elite. Wonder if anyone had tried it yet.

MediaPortal now has two build in codecs! So no use anymore of seperate DVD video codecs like PowerDVD, WinDVD, etc.
    Libmpeg2 by Gabest (codecs which are in Media Player Classic)
    Dscaler 5.0.0.6 by JohnAd (IMHO the best codecs there are)
    Both codecs also contain an audio codec which supports SP/DIF
    Rewrote vmr9 to fix the interlacing issues
    DVD + vmr9 works (with MediaPortal's own mpeg2 decoders)
    Added support of the following cards thanks to DMAN!
    ATI eHomeWonder (All variants)
    ATI TV Wonder Elite PCIe <--------------------

Registered+
    Thanks
    i had a problem with the last drivers and still present on the new ones, when i open powercinema and want to listen to the radio, then when i close the radio app. and open the tv theres no channels, even if i try to scan them, they wont appear, i have to reboot my system so the tv can work
    msi k8n diamond - amd64 3000+ - xp90 - corsair twinx pc4400 2x512mb - evga 7800gtx - powercolor ati theather 550 pro - ocz modstream 450w

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Capaholic
    The new version 0.1.1.1 of Media Portal now supports the ATI TV Wonder Elite. Wonder if anyone had tried it yet.
    I tried it. Couldn't figure it out. I am a network engineer by trade and deal with computer and software problems all day at work. The last thing I want is to struggle with getting Media Portal configured to work with the card. With MCE 2005 I simply run the wizard, and viola, it works. I futzed around only a few minutes with Media Portal before I bagged it and uninstalled. I'm sure it's not rocket science to get it working, but my expectations are that you instal it, and it works. I don't have the time to go looking for ini file settings, filters, or other configuration gymnastics to get it working.

If time is money, then it is cheaper for me to buy MCE than spend hours trying to get one of the free solutions to work. Some of you may have more disposable time than me, which is great if you can do so, but I just don't want to spend the time researching the problem and tracking down a solution. I do that at work enough.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ciregnol
    I tried it. Couldn't figure it out. I am a network engineer by trade and deal with computer and software problems all day at work. The last thing I want is to struggle with getting Media Portal configured to work with the card. With MCE 2005 I simply run the wizard, and viola, it works. I futzed around only a few minutes with Media Portal before I bagged it and uninstalled. I'm sure it's not rocket science to get it working, but my expectations are that you instal it, and it works. I don't have the time to go looking for ini file settings, filters, or other configuration gymnastics to get it working.

If time is money, then it is cheaper for me to buy MCE than spend hours trying to get one of the free solutions to work. Some of you may have more disposable time than me, which is great if you can do so, but I just don't want to spend the time researching the problem and tracking down a solution. I do that at work enough.
    Be happy you didn't try to set up the EPG. The program does not do it automatically, and there are no instructions. You are expected to have full knowledge of xml. Good luck to the uninclined.

S.

Thread Information