Page 63 of 146 FirstFirst ... 132333435360616263646566738393103113 ... LastLast
Results 993 to 1,008 of 2321

Thread: New ATI Tuner Card.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by SHSPVR
    There now a vol control in graphedit other then that I don't see any that has even been fix.
    1) Still does not allow fine bitrate control.
    2) Still generated error in GOP time code.
    3) Still no sharpness control.
    SHSPVR

Can you get gbpvr to run the 550 with audio using the new drivers?

S.

Registered+
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by satnav4
    Thanks. Do you run SP1 or SP2?

SP2

Thanks
    I have check on that satnav4.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by spacded
    In fact im going to write to ATI insisting that they DONT write MMC software (which really sucks in the UK no EPG for a start and sloooooow ) for this card.

I SAY KEEP 550 PRO for MCE ONLY!!!! The FIGHTBACK starts here
    I'll quit if you do. Truce? I thought I was adding a bit of levity during our long wait. Please don't take it personally.

S.

Thanks
    Its not about intelligence its about ease of use , do you programme YOUR KETTLE or TOASTER , No YOU JUST EXPECT IT TO WORK NO FUSS!!!
    I believe no one can programme something that can't be programmed at all; but this card CAN be programmed (well, sort of)

Thanks
    Sorry satnav4 it not working here

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by SHSPVR
    Sorry satnav4 it not working here
    Thanks for trying.

Thanks
    so does anyone notice anything new/different with these drivers?

Registered+
    Thanks

Sick card and sick drivers.......

I see the entire episode of Theatre 550 as very sick. I donot think, there is any meaning in making the end user tweak around so much to get the advertised performance from a product, after buying it. Is this the first time that ATI is releasing a card into the market..? Don't they know who are their competitors and what do they offer...? Why do they need to hastily (looks like hasty though ATI took several months to get the card on to the shelves, after their press release) release a card with improper software and then release a new set of drivers every fortnight.

I have seen an ATI person say in an earlier post in this thread that new drivers have been released, and that until now users outside North America have been working with beta drivers for PAL. How dare they release a card with beta drivers...! It is high time that ATI starts understanding the sentiments of the enthusiast user community. For it is the enthusiasts who buy high end products immediately after their release. An average user always buys the one which just delievers the basics and which are atleast an year old in the market. Who would otherwise burn holes of $500 in their wallets, buying an AIW X800XL. Or buy a TV card with $130, especially when there are so many cheaper cards around...!

No qualms to say that ATI is fast running on the negative slope of its growth curve, after getting on to a few heights. It is playing with the emotions of enthusiasts.

I still donot have clarity, on whether the GECUBE 550 is known to work well for PAL.

Registered+
    Thanks
    dunno why spacedud isn't complaining? The new drivers still don't conform with MS MCE specs. That said, nothing new, nothing still works per driver settings in any program I've got.... no improvement of video quality. Put out a changelog ATi or would that just show us yer bamboozeling us?

Thanks
    Has anyone TRIED capturing a PAL video with the NTSC version of the card?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by digitalravi
    ...then release a new set of drivers every fortnight.

...For it is the enthusiasts who buy high end products immediately after their release. An average user always buys the one which just delievers the basics and which are atleast an year old in the market. Who would otherwise burn holes of $500 in their wallets, buying an AIW X800XL. Or buy a TV card with $130, especially when there are so many cheaper cards around...!

I still donot have clarity, on whether the GECUBE 550 is known to work well for PAL.
    That's the thing about ATI, you buy their product to only have to keep updating it with drivers to fix issues cus it doesn't quite work straight out of the box....

I agree with you on the enthusiast part, what normal Joe is going to go buy a product with all these advertised features and expect it to do a *one button wonder*.....

As far as Gecube 550, I called their US site, and according to the lady, it's only out in Taiwan and UK. Try getting a hold of them and see what they say:
    Head Quarter

Taipei Office
    9F, No. 19-6, Sanchong Road, Nangang District,Taipei 115, Taiwan.
    Tel: +886-2-2655-0166
    Fax: +886-2-2655-0156
    http://www.gecube.com/
    sales@gecube.com

I e-mailed them, but didn't get a response within a day, so I called them

In fact im going to write to ATI insisting that they DONT write MMC software (which really sucks in the UK no EPG for a start and sloooooow ) for this card.

I SAY KEEP 550 PRO for MCE ONLY!!!! The FIGHTBACK starts here
    Calm down spacded.. this is only a forum, you don't even have the card yet and you're getting all worked up and at the same time irritating people who do have the card and aren't happy with it, if you don't like *whiners* as you've said, then ignore the threads where people are stating their displeasure with the card and look for threads that have info that you need, simple as that..and that should go for satnav4 as well, you stated to just ignore him and he'll go away, but you keep replying to his post.. someone needs to step up and be the bigger man... who's it ganna be??? spacded? satnav4?

spacded, you hate MMC with the same reason people here hate PowerEnima, *no EPG and it's slooooow*... but you go ahead and write ATI and insist that they don't write MMC software, I'm pretty sure they'll listen to you and agree that they should stop working on their proprietary software. That's like me writing M$ and insisting they stop making Windows and work on something like Lindows... not ganna happen...

Well, kids are in bed, did my share of posting on this thread.. now, I'm off to play some Far Cry
    Last edited by islasian; 25-03-2005 at 06:28 AM.
    ***Why are you running, you're only going to die tired...***

Thanks
    Anyone else noticed that the 3D comb filter now works with the composite input?
    Last edited by hrlslcbr; 25-03-2005 at 06:43 AM.

Thanks
    hrlslcbr yes your rigth the 3D comb filter dose works with the composite input but it not fast enough it miss the first 2 frames before it enable it self.
    Last edited by SHSPVR; 25-03-2005 at 07:33 AM.

Thanks
    Yes, I noticed that too. Now if it could be a bit sharper...

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by islasian
    ..and that should go for satnav4 as well, you stated to just ignore him and he'll go away, but you keep replying to his post.. someone needs to step up and be the bigger man... who's it ganna be??? spacded? satnav4?
    Give it a rest. I already called a truce. I am back to ignoring him.

S.

Thread Information