Page 68 of 146 FirstFirst ... 182838485865666768697071788898108118 ... LastLast
Results 1,073 to 1,088 of 2321

Thread: New ATI Tuner Card.

Registered+
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jonaslasky
    I posted my favorable review of BeyondTV about halfway through this thread or maybe earlier... but some people here didn't like it that I was saying the card works well. I guess I can understand they wish to put as much pressure on ATi as possible.... and that's fine. ATi should be pressured... they really need their butts kicked a bit. I can't believe that SnapStream (BeyondTV) wrote a program that works fabulously with Theater 550 sight unseen yet the manufaturer (ATI) can't get their act straight after months of fumbling around. They seem to have lost their sense of shame. Just think of what BeyondTV can do if they actually optimized their program for Theater 550!!

Jonas
    Well after more thorough use and actually using the PVR while I was away, I must say that BeyondTV was well worth the 50$. The navigation is great, picture quality is great, its pretty fast and powerful, and most importantly -> everything works! I was realistically expecting to have certain things not work and have to spend lots of time playing around with settings to make the card work properly, but I am more than ecstatic that the Sapphire + BeyondTV combo was truly Plug-N-Play without overly sacrifing functionality.
    Last edited by Smahatma; 30-03-2005 at 08:32 AM.

Registered+
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by hrlslcbr
    Smahatma: The newest MPC does have a deinterlacing shader (yes, a shader; it uses pixel shaders 2.0), but not as good as what you might find in DScaler, and I get absolutely no delay (audio does have delay, though).
    But I use my homemade RCA to 3.5mm connector directly to my soundcard (or speakers) and get audio and video with no delay.

Whaddya know, I upgraded to the latest MPC (I had an older 6.4.8.2) and plugged my PS2 audio RCA's into my Audigy2 drivebay RCA inputs, and now I have deinterlaced gran turismo 4 with synced audio and no lag. Thanks, hrlslcbr

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Smahatma
    Well after more thorough use and actually using the PVR while I was away, I must say that BeyondTV was well worth the 50$. The navigation is great, picture quality is great, its pretty fast and powerful, and most importantly -> everything works! I was realistically expecting to have certain things not work and have to spend lots of time playing around with settings to make the card work properly, but I am more than ecstatic that the Sapphire + BeyondTV combo was truly Plug-N-Play without overly sacrifing functionality.

Hey have you tried changing settings through the web browser interface yet? It's a lot better than what's available through the usual configuration window. I'm a little surprised that they did it that way.

I've made unattended recordings with Beyond TV lots of times... and it has always worked flawlessly.

Jonas

Thanks
    I am playing around with Beyond TV also, and it works fairly well. One problem I have encountered is changing the folder to which videos are saved. I used the web interface to change the drive and folder. It created the folder on the new drive, but would not store any data in it. Instead I received a tray icon warning that no folders were set up, and telling me to run the wizard again. That didn't work, so I had to reinstall.

Any ideas how I can fix this problem? I have a bunch of shows to record tonight.

Thanks

S

Registered+
    Thanks
    hi guys, im using beyond tv also, what are your settings? right now i cant get audio out, cause it only recognize line in
    msi k8n diamond - amd64 3000+ - xp90 - corsair twinx pc4400 2x512mb - evga 7800gtx - powercolor ati theather 550 pro - ocz modstream 450w

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by maruko
    hi guys, im using beyond tv also, what are your settings? right now i cant get audio out, cause it only recognize line in
    Mine was auto-detected in the setup wizard. I would run the setup wizard again, removing it from the settings if necessary and then installing it again new through the wizard. Before doing this, check your audio controls in Windows control panel to insure your line in is not disabled. The card has on-board audio which it receives via pci, so I am not quite sure why line in was selected. I am not at that computer, so I cannot check.

S.

Registered+
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by satnav4
    I am playing around with Beyond TV also, and it works fairly well. One problem I have encountered is changing the folder to which videos are saved. I used the web interface to change the drive and folder. It created the folder on the new drive, but would not store any data in it. Instead I received a tray icon warning that no folders were set up, and telling me to run the wizard again. That didn't work, so I had to reinstall.

Any ideas how I can fix this problem? I have a bunch of shows to record tonight.

Thanks

S
    I had that problem too with the trial version. It seems to have magically fixed itself when I upgraded to the full version, so I'm not really sure what the fix would be.

Registered+
    Thanks
    thanks, i solve the problem i was using the 3.4 version and that wont recongnize the pci audio, download the 3.5 trial version and now it works ok........for 21 days , and yes the audio was detected automatically, know i would think seriously if bought the beyond tv, until now i can´t record, it opens another window like if i would set up a schedule recording, channel browsing is faster than powerenema, i would try this soft some days till i decide which one ill use, thanks guys
    msi k8n diamond - amd64 3000+ - xp90 - corsair twinx pc4400 2x512mb - evga 7800gtx - powercolor ati theather 550 pro - ocz modstream 450w

Thanks

On my set up everything was auto-detected. I mean it worked within a few minutes that it took to install the program. the only difference that I can see is that I'm using my on-board sound device (on the motherboard) and you appear to have a sound card.

In any case I was absolutely amazed that BeyondTV sorted out the audio on its own... because every other program has a problem with Theater 550 Pro audio.

BTW I did set it to record audio AND VIDEO (I meant to say) on a separate partition of the same physical drive.... but not a physically separate drive... so I can't really speak about that.

Jonas
    Last edited by jonaslasky; 30-03-2005 at 05:33 PM.

Thanks
    I had that problem too with the trial version. It seems to have magically fixed itself when I upgraded to the full version, so I'm not really sure what the fix would be.
    I now own BTV, but still have the problem. I will reboot tonight to see if that fixes things.

Thanks

thanks, i solve the problem i was using the 3.4 version and that wont recongnize the pci audio, download the 3.5 trial version and now it works ok........for 21 days , and yes the audio was detected automatically, know i would think seriously if bought the beyond tv, until now i can´t record, it opens another window like if i would set up a schedule recording, channel browsing is faster than powerenema, i would try this soft some days till i decide which one ill use, thanks guys
    If you decide to buy, sign up for a trial of Beyond TV and install the software. Let the 21 day trial expire. You should receive an email offering the software for $50 (rather than $70). It is steep, but alot less expensive than MiCE at $130 for an OEM copy that cannot be moved to another computer.

It is really sad that people are forced to buy 3rd party software to run this card. ATI still needs to step up and fix things. They have been ominously quiet lately.

S.

Registered+
    Thanks
    can someone explain how can record on the fly (or instantly) on this soft without having to schedule the recording?, right now i schedule a record and it worked, but i would like to record at any time when i press the record button, thanks
    Last edited by maruko; 30-03-2005 at 06:01 PM.

Registered+
    Thanks
    can someone explain how can record on the fly (or instantly) on this soft without having to schedule the recording?, right now i schedule a record and it worked, but i would like to record at any time when i press the record button, thanks
    In "Live TV" mode, just press record when you're on the channel that you want to be and then choose 'Record this Show' and it will start recording instantly. When you want to cancel, press the stop button and choose 'yes'. Basically its just starting a scheduled record, but since the program has already started it just begins recording at that moment and then when you press stop you are manually overriding the scheduled record. Very minor inconvenience though.

1 more feature I really love is the 'Send to Portable Media Center' function --- I choose that and it automatically encodes it to wmv9 with the bitrate that i predefined and adds it to my WMP10 'TV Show' autosync playlist and it syncs to my i-mate JAM (pocketpc phone edition) when I connect it

Thanks
    In "Live TV" mode, just press record when you're on the channel that you want to be and then choose 'Record this Show' and it will start recording instantly. When you want to cancel, press the stop button and choose 'yes'. Basically its just starting a scheduled record, but since the program has already started it just begins recording at that moment and then when you press stop you are manually overriding the scheduled record. Very minor inconvenience though.

1 more feature I really love is the 'Send to Portable Media Center' function --- I choose that and it automatically encodes it to wmv9 with the bitrate that i predefined and adds it to my WMP10 'TV Show' autosync playlist and it syncs to my i-mate JAM (pocketpc phone edition) when I connect it
    The program would be much better if it transcoded to Divx. Then recordings could be played on a Media MVP.

S.

Thanks
    Smahatma:
    Don't mention it

Thanks

Thanks

S
    I'll reply to myself. First go to the Web interface and create a new folder on your slave drive. Then go to the program, "off web," and in the recording settings, change the path to your new folder. Voila--it works. My mistake is that I deleted the default directory just like it told me not to do.

Hope this helps someone else.

S.

Thanks
    ...ominously quiet lately...
    Sorry !

Michael has been off ill - but we discussed this thread at length yesterday evening (for me - lunchtime for him - oh the wonders of the global village )

I was working until 1:00am (my time) on a compilation of questions (thanks to everyone for posting them !)

I would have carried on past there - but our European servers went to sleep mode for their nightly backup and promptly kicked me off

I should have the 'final' list by this afternoon - then send it to Michael and his guys - he will work on the replies

Having discussed it with the HEXUS Hierarchy - we propose posting it as a permanent 'sticky' FAQ to help any new people that happen across this thread

At that point we will start up a tech-thread for the new questions/suggestions that customers come up with once they have bought the product

You can expect a couple of days of 'radio silence' while we prepare this...

...but I am subscribed to this thread and get copies of all posts made - so that even when I don't have a chance to post back - I am still with you in spirit
    "X800GT... snap it up while you still can"
    HEXUS
    ......................................August 2005

Thread Information