Page 71 of 146 FirstFirst ... 2131415161686970717273748191101111121 ... LastLast
Results 1,121 to 1,136 of 2321

Thread: New ATI Tuner Card.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jonaslasky
    Even the fastest moving objects are perfectly clear on my machine. That's using BeyondTV, VirtualVCR, iuVCR and GraphEdit. I'm afraid those who are having pixelation problems might have to look for something else to blame.
    Jonas

VirtualVCR, and iuVCR capture in AVI and they are not using the hardware mpeg2 encoder. Not sure if BeyondTV is using the card's hardware encoder and using all of the hardware filters, e.g comb filters and noise reduction. Hope someone can clarifies on that. I did use Intervideo WinDVR to capture the same scene and the pixelization are gone. I believe it's not using the HW encoder because the CPU usage jumps to 27% when capturing. But with PowerCinema it's around 6-11%. Correct me if I am wrong, at the moment the only softwares that utilize the hardware encoder AND support the card are PowerCinema and Windows MCE.
    Last edited by Capaholic; 02-04-2005 at 05:49 PM.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Capaholic
    VirtualVCR, and iuVCR capture in AVI and they are not using the hardware mpeg2 encoder. Not sure if BeyondTV is using the card's hardware encoder and using all of the hardware filters, e.g comb filters and noise reduction. Hope someone can clarifies on that. I did use Intervideo WinDVR to capture the same scene and the pixelization are gone. I believe it's not using the HW encoder because the CPU usage jumps to 27% when capturing. But with PowerCinema it's around 6-11%. Correct me if I am wrong, at the moment the only softwares that utilize the hardware encoder AND support the card are PowerCinema and Windows MCE.

Yes BeyondTV ONLY uses the hardware MPEG-2 encoder. A few other people have complained about the same thing quite a few pages back. In fact with Beyond TV CPU usage on my machine is between 2%and 5% with beyond TV RECORDING (not in timeshift/preview mode) a web browser window open and Skype (IP telephone) going in the background.

Of course it's possible you just got a bad Theater 550 chip with your unit.

Jonas

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by e.lectronick
    Duren,

According to the Sapphire website, the Theatrix supports W2K, and XP.
    http://www.sapphiretech.com/awards/image/media_251.pdf

However, according to ATI's page, it's only XP and MCE. I dunno for certain, until I can test it. If anything, this is a lesson in not taking anything at face value. Moreover, one person's experience hasn't always been the same as another person's where this card is concerned. I'm gonna give it the ol' college try.

Which brings me to my announcement that I've bitten the bullet and purchased a Theatrix just for yuks (did I sell out or what? ). I've got W2K Service pack 4 installed, and I'll test it out for myself and see what further I can contribute to the effort by my tinkering.

-Erik.

I think ATI has really enslaved themselves to Microsoft. They post bogus MINIMUM SYSTEM requirement that so obviously favors the king of monopoly and unbelievable profit margins. The ATI web site even insists that the Theater 550 Pro requires SP2 but I know for a fact that it doesn't because I just ran the card on my other drive that only has SP1.

Jonas

Registered+
    Thanks
    ...and I'm running the card on windows 2003

Also, I do see pixelation occasionally [mainly in high motion scenes] with beyondTV.
    Last edited by Smahatma; 02-04-2005 at 07:52 PM.

Thanks
    I dont see any pixelation on MCE 2005, unless Im running another app that sucks up absolutely every other system resource.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Smahatma
    ...and I'm running the card on windows 2003

Also, I do see pixelation occasionally [mainly in high motion scenes] with beyondTV.

Again.... NOT ATI's fault. Let's give credit and blame where they are due. When you're VIEWING MPEG-2 video, it means it's already been ENCODED and DECODED for you to see. A lot of things can happen between the time it's taken out of the hard drive and played back. That part has nothing to do with the Theater 550 Pro chip. To be fair, ATI didn't promise hardware DECODE of MPEG-2 streams. Many graphics card come with hardware MPEG-2 decoder, but some of them require a piece of software to take advantage of the hardware. This is not related to any PCTV card. This has already been extensively discussed about 50 pages ago.

Jonas

Banned
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by satnav4
    Finally, honesty!

Now you gotta start being a S**T again dont you!!!

By HONEST I mean I will feedback with an HONEST appraisal of my experience of this card (when I get it for PAL) in MCE 2005 and tell it like it is.
    If its great i will say so if not I will say it isnt

Man you are a DICK!!

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by spacded
    Now you gotta start being a S**T again dont you!!!

By HONEST I mean I will feedback with an HONEST appraisal of my experience of this card (when I get it for PAL) in MCE 2005 and tell it like it is.
    If its great i will say so if not I will say it isnt

Man you are a DICK!!
    Not again.

But at the risk of more profanity, why did you feel the need to capitalize HONEST? To the many people who have given their valuable time and input to test the card, assess the card, and answer questions to help people like you make a purchase decision, it is insulting to suggest that we have not been honest in our appraisals. If I misunderstood, and if you intended to mean you had not been honest in the past, but that you were going to be honest this time---I apologize. It can only be one or the other, so were you insulting the posters, or were you insulting yourself?

I will not address this further, so post at will.

S.
    Last edited by satnav4; 02-04-2005 at 09:41 PM.

Thanks

Nt

[deleted]
    Last edited by e.lectronick; 04-04-2005 at 03:15 AM.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by e.lectronick
    Guys,
    Please stay on topic and civil. I don't care who started it, but could both of you please just stop? It's getting really old. If you want to trade barbs, would you please just PM each other?

Seriously.

-Erik
    I am on topic and civil. Perhaps you should direct your comments solely to spacded. You are like the official in Pro Football that catches the second punch--and I didn't even throw a punch. Maybe you should PM spacded. Punish the problem child and not the whole class.

S.

Banned
    Thanks
    I am on topic and civil. Perhaps you should direct your comments solely to spacded. You are like the official in Pro Football that catches the second punch--and I didn't even throw a punch. Maybe you should PM spacded. Punish the problem child and not the whole class.

S.

Listen up Moron everytime I post something you seem DUTY BOUND to make a SNIDE COMMENT, my posts are not for you

WHY DO YOU COMMENT? DO MY POSTS REFER TO YOU?

I merely stated that i will give an HONEST apparaisal (I.E. NOT BIASED as an MCE USER)feedback and you like the idiot that you are JUMP ON IT!!!

And start implying that I have been LESS THAN HONEST in the past

Less than honest about WHAT EXACTLY?

You claim to be ignoring my posts BUT YOU CONSTANTLY COMMENT ON THEM...........WHY????

I Think you ARE THE PROBLEM!!! you have turned this whole Card thing into your personal mental health Issue and seem to want to HARASS ME for some reason.

Just do like you promised about 10 posts ago regarding my posts and
    SHUT UP!!!

Banned
    Thanks
    I have PMd and hope that this will finally end this matter and I can post Harmless
    comments without them being jumped on!! funny no one else seemed to be bothered !

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by spacded
    I have PMd and hope that this will finally end this matter and I can post Harmless
    comments without them being jumped on!! funny no one else seemed to be bothered !
    Spacehead

Your PM was offensive. Get some class. I will pass it to Administration, and let it decide whether it is becoming of a member. Too bad we don't have a playground around here. You wouldn't talk that way, I assure you.

S.

Registered+
    Thanks

Another request for Andrzej

I would like to see a utility for (re)programming the remote(cyberlink).
    This would be very helpful in setting up an ideal layout

Banned
    Thanks
    Spacehead

Your PM was offensive. Get some class. I will pass it to Administration, and let it decide whether it is becoming of a member. Too bad we don't have a playground around here. You wouldn't talk that way, I assure you.

S.
    JUST GO AWAY !!!!

1. why do you keep responding?

2.why dont YOu take your OWN advice and IGNORE my posts?

3.Why drag this back here when I took it to PM?

Im sure you think you are a tough guy 'you wouldnt talk that way I assure you' DO YOU KNOW ME? NO!! your just a guy on a forum who

IS OBSSESED with a TV graphics CARD!! MOVE ON AND GET A LIFE.

Thanks
    You reminded me of the remote...
    Andrzej, can the remote be programmed to change the programs' volume instead of the control panel's volume level?
    Because if I use the remote and lower the volume, I have to increase it again to be able to hear sound from other programs (playing anything, not just the card's output).

Cheers.

Thread Information