Page 19 of 26 FirstFirst ... 916171819202122 ... LastLast

Thread: Official HEXUS World Cup Discussion Thread!

Thanks
    • j.o.s.h.1408's system
      • Motherboard:
      • ASUS P6T Delux
      • CPU:
      • Intel core i7 920 @ 3ghz
      • Memory:
      • 3GB DDR RAM
      • Storage:
      • 1TB Samsung F1, 500GB Seagate baracuda + 320gb Seagate PATA +150GB WD PATA
      • Graphics card(s):
      • EVGA 480GTX SC edition
      • PSU:
      • Seasonic M12 600W Module PSU FTW
      • Case:
      • Lian Li PC-A7010B (the rolls royce of pc cases)
      • Operating System:
      • vista ultimate edition and windows xp
      • Monitor(s):
      • 22inch 2005FPW dell monitor
      • Internet:
      • 24mb BE There Broadband
    Quote Originally Posted by Smokey21
    Im English, who cares wether you are or not? Your full of **** mate. England are ****. We played **** all tournament, infact played **** in qualifies, infact we have played **** since 1990, that was our last decent team. Ref wasn't agains tanyone he had an alright game. Rooney is a idiot for doing what he did. Yes Rondaldo is a rubbishrubbishrubbishrubbish, but everyone is like that now.

Football needs less supportors like you. You read to much into the media bulding England up into something there not.

Sven is the lamest manager ever. Worst thing eve we did was give him the job. Ive got more charsima and passion in my little toe. Why does he play Beckham? the bloke is ****. Lennon is quality.

Hope France win it now.

could not of said it any better. alot of people i know think the same way mate. some fans believe the media hype but they need wake up to reality and admit england are an average side

G4Z
    Thanks
    • G4Z's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Gigabyte GA 965P-DS3
      • CPU:
      • Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600
      • Memory:
      • 4gb DDR2 5300
      • Storage:
      • 2.5Tb
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Gigabyte HD4870 512mb
      • PSU:
      • Tagan 470W
      • Case:
      • Thermaltake Tsunami Dream
      • Operating System:
      • Vista 64bit
      • Monitor(s):
      • Dual Acer 24" TFT's
      • Internet:
      • 16mb sky ADSL2
    To be quite honest, I would not have even rated them average this tournament.

However, last night I think was one of the better games they played, quite honestly I am not sure if it was england playing well or Portugal playing terribly. They were exceptionally poor and I found it very frustrating that they resorted to diving and play acting to try and geta break in the game. They refused to stay on thier feet, the slightest tackles sending them to ground. In my eyes, that is cheating plain and simple. They are not the only team that does it, just look at Henry against Spain, I would like to see it stamped out and retrospective suspensions handed out to obvious offenders.

I also notice nobody has mentioned the 2 possible penalty decisions that didnt go our way.

I thought the first one was really clear handball, the second one was dodgy but by the standards of outher fouls given to the Portugese should have been a penalty as well.
    HEXUS FOLDING TEAM It's EASY

Lurking since 06
    Thanks
    • Mama Sumae's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus P5B - deluxe
      • CPU:
      • Core2 duo 6300 O'c @ 3.1 Mhz / Arctic Cooling Freezer 7 Pro
      • Memory:
      • Corsair 2GB XMS2 6400 C4 @ 890Mhz
      • Storage:
      • WD 320 GB /sata
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Gigabyte GTX 560 Ti oc - 1GB GDDR5
      • PSU:
      • Enermax NoisetakerII 485W
      • Case:
      • AKASA ZEN Black 2x12cm fans
      • Operating System:
      • Win 7 Ulti
      • Monitor(s):
      • BenQ G2222HDL 21.5 inch
      • Internet:
      • Virginmedia 50MB (or so they told me...)
    Men accept it, now u see 2 penalties during the match? Even with 5 u didn’t go anywhere.

U have to admit u sucked all through the WC and u didn’t even meet a decent side before us. It as probably your best performance and our worse (we really missed a n10 to organize our play) in the end we were lucky in the shootout.

Some of u said u have a second class team well that is rubbish, u have great players that worked hard sadly it didn’t work. I kinda liked sven before he was your boss but to be honest we was rubbish, in the end it never seemed there was a real connection between players and coach.

Not so sure bout the red card but we all know Rooney, Ronaldo can be a rubbishrubbishrubbishrubbish (I don’t like him) but if u see your mate being kicked in the balls u wont like it.

the brazilian players never worked that hard during the WC, even after losing against france some came out normally like there was no big deal. In the end I feel u should be happy with your players, they were completely broken after the match that shows the effort and the respect they have for the jersey.
    Last edited by Mama Sumae; 02-07-2006 at 12:18 PM.

Thanks
    Its hard to win a match when you have the ref against you. That match was the biggest joke and an absolute farce! Portugal are a joke diving throughout the whole match and obviously it was their game plan to try and have England players sent off!

They should be banned and reminded they are palying Football NOT netball!

Its hard not to think that matches are not fixed!, no way should Rooney have received a straight red and Ronaldo winking at the England palyers after the Red was also a joke.

I think Portugal should apply for the olympic diving team! because thats all they are good at!

Maybe I'm being biased but the reffing in other games has been an absolute joke as well!

PS - I'm not suprised Beckham has resigned as captain and Sven should quit being a manager as obviously he hasnt got a clue.
    Last edited by Chris P; 02-07-2006 at 12:26 PM.

Thanks
    • iranu's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus Maximus Gene VI
      • CPU:
      • 4670K @4.3Ghz
      • Memory:
      • 8Gb Samsung Green
      • Storage:
      • 1x 256Gb Samsung 830 SSD 2x640gb HGST raid 0
      • Graphics card(s):
      • MSI R9 390
      • PSU:
      • Corsair HX620W Modular
      • Case:
      • Cooler Master Silencio 352
      • Operating System:
      • Win 7 ultimate 64 bit
      • Monitor(s):
      • 23" DELL Ultrasharp U2312HM
      • Internet:
      • 16mb broadband
    The ref did very well with regards to the two penalty channces. The first is ball to hand rather than hand to ball, you can actually see the player trying to get his hand out of the way in the slow-mo. The other is a great tackle, which, from the original camera angle, played to millions of homes, looks like a stonewall penalty but isn't.

What is sad is the persistent diving, and going down as if shot in the face by a sniper in the crowd by the Portugese players, which was not punished even though FIFA have said that it's a yellow card if this happens. However, we know that every WC there will be directives from FIFA that will ruin the game and some poor referees (the linesmen imho have been excellent)

Very few continental/world referees would make it in the premiership because games would end with 7 v 8 players due to the combative way we play football in this country. I have played in Europe when younger and it's almost a non-contact sport over there so we are at a distinct dis-advantage because we cannot play our natural way for fear of being punished - witness John Terry's booking.

Unfortunately by taking the non-contact route FIFA have shown that it is possible to ruin the game because players go down at the slightest contact. If I was a manager I would instruct my players to never kick the ball out of play when an opposing player is down, take advantage and to play to the ref's whistle. This is what Crouch did and the Portugese realised this and it stopped them from trying to halt an attack by cheating. I would also tell the oppositions manager this so they knew before hand - the ref will stop the game if he thinks seriuos injury has occured. I hate to say this because it's always been a sporting gesture but it's been forced by the constant cheating by a number of teams in this WC.
    "Reality is what it is, not what you want it to be." Frank Zappa. ----------- "The invisible and the non-existent look very much alike." Huang Po.----------- "A drowsy line of wasted time bathes my open mind", - Ride.

Thanks
    • htid's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus P5B
      • CPU:
      • C2D E6600 @ 3ghz
      • Memory:
      • 2gb Corsair XMS2
      • Storage:
      • 180gb Spinpoint
      • Graphics card(s):
      • XFX 7900GTX
      • PSU:
      • 500W Seasonic S12
      • Case:
      • Akasa Mirage
      • Monitor(s):
      • 18" Dell
    Quote Originally Posted by iranu
    Unfortunately by taking the non-contact route FIFA have shown that it is possible to ruin the game because players go down at the slightest contact. If I was a manager I would instruct my players to never kick the ball out of play when an opposing player is down, take advantage and to play to the ref's whistle. This is what Crouch did and the Portugese realised this and it stopped them from trying to halt an attack by cheating. I would also tell the oppositions manager this so they knew before hand - the ref will stop the game if he thinks seriuos injury has occured. I hate to say this because it's always been a sporting gesture but it's been forced by the constant cheating by a number of teams in this WC.
    Very well said, i agree completely

Thanks
    You guys really need to wake up.

The Ref was fine. Everyone dives. If you think England players don't, they you are so biased, it's not even funny.

It's a football match at the end of the day.

Now we can look forward to the real world cup, in the West Indies next year.

Thanks
    lol spoke like a true cricket fan

remind me to do overtime at work next year, possibly the most BORING sport to watch along with tennis and golf
    Contrary to the odd name and translucent-grey color, Pocari Sweat does not taste like sweat
    Hardware:

Main PC
    - See 'My System'
    Server - Athlon XP 1700+, 1GB, 500GB HD
    Laptop - Compaq AMD Turion 64 X2, 60GB HD, 1GB
    Media Centre Shuttle - P4 3.0 Skt 775 Shuttle, 1GB, 120GB HD
    NAS - 400GB
    Home Entertainment - Xbox 360 with 37" HD LCD TV, Acoustic Energy Aegis EVO A speakers (5,1), Yamaha RXV359 AV reciever
    Media Centre II - X2 4000+, 1GB, 400Gb Vista Ultimate

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by johnny02004976
    lol spoke like a true cricket fan

remind me to do overtime at work next year, possibly the most BORING sport to watch along with tennis and golf
    Ok. Spoken like a true brainless football fan.

Thanks
    guess we cant have an opinion round here anymore
    Contrary to the odd name and translucent-grey color, Pocari Sweat does not taste like sweat
    Hardware:

Main PC
    - See 'My System'
    NAS - 400GB
    Home Entertainment - Xbox 360 with 37" HD LCD TV, Acoustic Energy Aegis EVO A speakers (5,1), Yamaha RXV359 AV reciever

Thanks
    • iranu's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus Maximus Gene VI
      • CPU:
      • 4670K @4.3Ghz
      • Memory:
      • 8Gb Samsung Green
      • Storage:
      • 1x 256Gb Samsung 830 SSD 2x640gb HGST raid 0
      • Graphics card(s):
      • MSI R9 390
      • PSU:
      • Corsair HX620W Modular
      • Case:
      • Cooler Master Silencio 352
      • Operating System:
      • Win 7 ultimate 64 bit
      • Monitor(s):
      • 23" DELL Ultrasharp U2312HM
      • Internet:
      • 16mb broadband
    Quote Originally Posted by smokey
    You guys really need to wake up.

The Ref was fine. Everyone dives. If you think England players don't, they you are so biased, it's not even funny.

Thats a bit like saying everyone carrys knives and stabs each other in the street so it's fine. Hey live with it.

I don't see how I can be biased with my posts - I've stated that England have not played well, I have stated that we didn't deserve 2 penalties and the ref got those decisions spot on. I love to watch good football played regardless of who is playing. If you saw me at 40 mins into the game willing Portugal to score because I was so frustrated at teh crap that England were playing and deserved a wake up call then you wouldn't call me biased.

I watched the game again and the play acting from Portugal was truly terrible. I am not saying that the play acting and cheating cost us the game (our lack of ability to put the ball in the net did that) I am saying that it ruins the game. The referee was very inconsistent with his decisions in that game and that is what p***es players (amateur and professional) and fans off. The inconsistency between games is also bad. Blame Sepp T***ter for opening his gob issuing stupid rules for the lack of flow in games and the antics of players who know that the ref must punish a tackling player if the other player goes to ground.

Edited by me : language
    Last edited by Ferral; 02-07-2006 at 01:20 PM.
    "Reality is what it is, not what you want it to be." Frank Zappa. ----------- "The invisible and the non-existent look very much alike." Huang Po.----------- "A drowsy line of wasted time bathes my open mind", - Ride.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by johnny02004976
    guess we cant have an opinion round here anymore
    Touche.

Thanks
    Guys, as I just said in the other thread, be nice to each other or I'll become referee, issue a few red cards and blow the final whistle on this thread.

Anyone who fancies taking an early bath for a week, just go right on and keep abusing each other.

Argue by all means, but do it NICELY and DON'T get personal.

Now, back to the debate... erm, bugger, was it a throw in or a goal kick to restart?
    Quote Originally Posted by Dareos View Post
    "OH OOOOHH oOOHHHHHHHOOHHHHHHH FILL ME WITH YOUR.... eeww not the stuff from the lab"

Thanks
    Nick it was a goal kick - but the unsportman like Portuguese put it out for a throw in
    Hardware:

Main PC
    - See 'My System'
    NAS - 400GB

Thanks
    • Ferral's system
      • Motherboard:
      • ASUS Z97-P
      • CPU:
      • Intel i7 4790K Haswell
      • Memory:
      • 12Gb Corsair XMS3 DDR3 1600 Mhz
      • Storage:
      • 120Gb Kingston SSD & 2 Tb Toshiba
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Sapphire Radeon R9 380 Nitro 4Gb
      • PSU:
      • Antec Truepower 750 Watt Modular
      • Case:
      • Fractal Design Focus G Mid Tower
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10 64 bit
      • Monitor(s):
      • 28" iiyama Prolite 4K
      • Internet:
      • 80Mb BT Fiber
    I think everyone needs to chill a bit, I was sat there in tears as was my wife when it was finally over last night and we arn't huge football fans (both prefer the rugby).

They tried but didn't manage to pull it off. Its not the end of the world England getting beaten and knocked out of the cup, its a game.

I think the coaches and trainers need to think long and hard on who they pick for the future squads and make us proud with a decent line up. Roll on the European Cup and the next World Cup.

Pseudo-Mad Scientist Whiternoise's Avatar
    Thanks
    • Whiternoise's system
      • Motherboard:
      • DFI LANPARTY JR P45-T2RS
      • CPU:
      • Q6600
      • Memory:
      • 8GB DDR2
      • Storage:
      • 5.6TB Total
      • Graphics card(s):
      • HD4780
      • PSU:
      • 425W Modu82+ Enermax
      • Case:
      • Silverstone TJ08b
      • Operating System:
      • Win7 64
      • Monitor(s):
      • Dell 23" IPS
      • Internet:
      • 1Gbps Fibre Line
    At least we can say that we took the moral high ground and played as best we could, even with 10 men - which was interesting that we played a lot better without some of our best players off..

At the end of the day, we lost and there's nothing we can do to change it, just look forward to Euro 2008.

Page 19 of 26 FirstFirst ... 916171819202122 ... LastLast

Thread Information