• Corsair Air 540
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 8
      • Monitor(s):
      • Asus PB278Q 27" 2560x1440p + BenQ 2420HD 1920x1080
      • Internet:
      • Virgin Media

Re: Battlefield 4 discussion and Hardware requirements speculation

Since this patch it's the first time I've managed to play over 20mins without crashing. Last night I was finally able to enjoy the game since release in a 2 hour session. So for me the patch has been great, shame it's not the same for everyone!

Thanks
    • ik9000's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus P7H55-M/USB3
      • CPU:
      • i7-870, Prolimatech Megahalems, 2x Akasa Apache 120mm
      • Memory:
      • 4x4GB Corsair Vengeance 2133 11-11-11-27
      • Storage:
      • 2x256GB Samsung 840-Pro, 1TB Seagate 7200.12, 1TB Seagate ES.2
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Gigabyte GTX 460 1GB SuperOverClocked
      • PSU:
      • NZXT Hale 90 750w
      • Case:
      • BitFenix Survivor + Bitfenix spectre LED fans, LG BluRay R/W optical drive
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 7 Professional
      • Monitor(s):
      • Dell U2414h, U2311h 1920x1080
      • Internet:
      • 200Mb/s Fibre and 4G wifi

Quote Originally Posted by Biscuit View Post
    I cant connect to anything at the moment. I guess it has something to do with:

NOTICE: WE ARE CURRENTLY EXPERIENCING ATTACKS ON OUR INFRASTRUCTURE THAT IS IMPACTING ONLINE GAMEPLAY ON BF4 PC. WE ARE WORKING ON MITIGATING ACTIONS

Which is posted on the top of my battlelog. As if the game didnt have enough problems without them getting e-attacked aswell :@
    I wonder if they mean e-attacked by their own software? Given how lame the reliability has been shown to be they've probably coded the DRM wrong and it's disconnecting their own servers or some such

Thanks
    • Firejack's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus PRIME X470-Pro
      • CPU:
      • AMD Ryzen 7 2700X
      • Memory:
      • TG Dark Pro "8pack Edition"
      • Storage:
      • Crucial 250GB SSD, Sandisk 128GB SSD, Samsung 1TB HDD
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Sapphire RX VEGA 56 8GB Pulse
      • PSU:
      • SeaSonic Focus Plus 650 Gold
      • Case:
      • Fractal Design Define S
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10 Pro 64bit
      • Monitor(s):
      • Dell S2719DGF
      • Internet:
      • BT Infinity 2

The DDoS attacks have been ongoing since 2011.

BF3 had a weakness that all servers were required to keep a 24/7 uninterrupted connection to the EA backend servers "Blaze". Same weakness is in BF4. Connection lost or interrupted between the server and blaze and all players were kicked from the servers, even if there was no connection issues between the player and the server.

Whats worse is that "Blaze" is located in London.. and nowhere else. A single point of failure for a global network. You would of thought EA would improve the resiliency for BF4.. sadly that doesn't seem to be the case. Expect more interruptions

Thanks
    • ik9000's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus P7H55-M/USB3
      • CPU:
      • i7-870, Prolimatech Megahalems, 2x Akasa Apache 120mm
      • Memory:
      • 4x4GB Corsair Vengeance 2133 11-11-11-27
      • Storage:
      • 2x256GB Samsung 840-Pro, 1TB Seagate 7200.12, 1TB Seagate ES.2
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Gigabyte GTX 460 1GB SuperOverClocked
      • PSU:
      • NZXT Hale 90 750w
      • Case:
      • BitFenix Survivor + Bitfenix spectre LED fans, LG BluRay R/W optical drive
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 7 Professional
      • Monitor(s):
      • Dell U2414h, U2311h 1920x1080
      • Internet:
      • 200Mb/s Fibre and 4G wifi

Quote Originally Posted by Firejack View Post
    The DDoS attacks have been ongoing since 2011.

BF3 had a weakness that all servers were required to keep a 24/7 uninterrupted connection to the EA backend servers "Blaze". Same weakness is in BF4. Connection lost or interrupted between the server and blaze and all players were kicked from the servers, even if there was no connection issues between the player and the server.

Whats worse is that "Blaze" is located in London.. and nowhere else. A single point of failure for a global network. You would of thought EA would improve the resiliency for BF4.. sadly that doesn't seem to be the case. Expect more interruptions
    in that case it's probably just BT doing work on the box in the street causing a global out.

Registered+
    Thanks

I absolutely loved Bad Company 2 but I heard bad things about Battlefield 3. I'm not encouraged by all the DLC and whatnot, but I'm going to give Battlefield 4 a go. Hopefully EA haven't screwed it up too much now!

Thanks
    • Biscuit's system
      • Motherboard:
      • MSI B450M Mortar
      • CPU:
      • AMD 2700X (Be Quiet! Dark Rock 3)
      • Memory:
      • 16GB Patriot Viper 2 @ 3466MHz
      • Storage:
      • 500GB WD Black
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Sapphire R9 290X Vapor-X
      • PSU:
      • Seasonic Focus Gold 750W
      • Case:
      • Lian Li PC-V359
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10 x64
      • Internet:
      • BT Infinity 80/20

Im finding BF4 really hard to get into to be honest. I apologies for the rant but i have played it pretty hardcore this weekend (I've been ill so not up to going out).

Finding a decent server is a pain, not only because of the bugs with the browser and the queuing system, but because there is loads of ones with crappy rules and the standard tickets for some gametypes/server size combo are not enough.
    The maps just don't have much of a flow to them and im finding it difficult to spot enemies, getting blown up/shot in the back as soon as i spawn plenty though!
    Doesn't seem to be a lot of teamwork going on, get the occasional decent squad but mostly people just ignore orders and run around like idiots.
    The stock weapons are frustratingly weak, especially the engineer. Thank god i unlocked the carbine! Seems everyone has a huge advantage by unlocking some of the other guns like the ACE.
    The littlebird is utterly useless until you have unlocked most of the stuff for it (which is of course, impossible because there is always some nob on the server with a mac daddy one destroying you as soon as you take off). Why is it so hard to kill troops with friggin dual mini-guns? They seem to absorb at least 30 bullets before dying.
    The attack boats seem pretty awesome... but i wouldn't know as i never ever get to drive one as there is constantly people spamming it as soon as it spawns. Then when i go as a mini gunner you spend half the time looking into the distance because the driver is too stupid to turn round and let both gunners have a good blast.
    As usual, you need a joystick to stand a chance against jets.
    Anti tank is massively disappointing, they need to up the damage with the MBT LAW.
    They have these android and IOS apps, but for some reason you cant use it on the old Nexus 7 :/ I mean really? Its one of the most popular, if not the most popular android tablet.

I could go on... i mean dont get me wrong, im hooked, but i just dont know why. Just makes me angry.

Thanks
    • Dooms's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Gigabyte X570 I AORUS PRO WIFI
      • CPU:
      • 3700X
      • Memory:
      • G.SKILL TridentZ Series 32GB (2 x 16GB)
      • Storage:
      • Samsung 970 1TB
      • Graphics card(s):
      • EVGA 2080 Super
      • PSU:
      • 750W Corsair Pro
      • Case:
      • Ncase M1 6.1
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 11 Pro
      • Monitor(s):
      • LG 34UC88 34-Inch 21:9
      • Internet:
      • 1GB Telenor

Im finding BF4 really hard to get into to be honest....
    Yeah I understand where you are coming from. Heres my 2p

Finding a decent server is a pain, not only because of the bugs with the browser and the queuing system, but because there is loads of ones with crappy rules and the standard tickets for some gametypes/server size combo are not enough. Maybe I've been lucky but I've got about 15 servers ony my fave list now which I've been happy with. 7 SCAN servers and then 7-8 Random ones I've stumbled across.

The maps just don't have much of a flow to them and im finding it difficult to spot enemies, getting blown up/shot in the back as soon as i spawn plenty though! I tend to agree with some maps... They don't seem to flow as well as BF3 maps and on some games (32/48 player on the small conquest) there is lots of spawn death

Doesn't seem to be a lot of teamwork going on, get the occasional decent squad but mostly people just ignore orders and run around like idiots. It's very rarely I auto join a squad that has a leader that is issuing orders. I normally find myself leaving and creating my own soon as the game starts, start issuing order and people generally tag along when they realise we both get more points if you attack/defend what I highlight.

The stock weapons are frustratingly weak, especially the engineer. Thank god i unlocked the carbine! Seems everyone has a huge advantage by unlocking some of the other guns like the ACE. Stock on Assault isn't bad but I was happy to unlock the SCAR. Engi is terrible but the 1st Carbine is awesome. Supports starting weapon is actually my fave weapon (I've unlocked all but one), Recon well all the snipers aren't great until you unlock the straight pull - I just unlocked the 1st DRM and then never really went back.

The littlebird is utterly useless until you have unlocked most of the stuff for it (which is of course, impossible because there is always some nob on the server with a mac daddy one destroying you as soon as you take off). Why is it so hard to kill troops with friggin dual mini-guns? They seem to absorb at least 30 bullets before dying. I got most of my littlebird unlocks by playing Engineer and firing stingers / repairs out of the side of the thing while the good pilot killed everything

The attack boats seem pretty awesome... but i wouldn't know as i never ever get to drive one as there is constantly people spamming it as soon as it spawns. Then when i go as a mini gunner you spend half the time looking into the distance because the driver is too stupid to turn round and let both gunners have a good blast. Man I hate the attack boats, they have soooooo much power. I don't use them that often but if its just you and the driver in them you can switch sides using F1-4 (F5 ejects in the jetski).

As usual, you need a joystick to stand a chance against jets. - I don't fly at all... its best for everyone.

Anti tank is massively disappointing, they need to up the damage with the MBT LAW. Agreed. 3-4 Stingers to take down a littlebird (not counting the 1 wasted on the flares)... its meant to be a damn SCOUT heli! The other tanks take just as much a pounding with the other rockets but with 2 Engi's it gets MUCH easier as they get overwelmed.

They have these android and IOS apps, but for some reason you cant use it on the old Nexus 7 :/ I mean really? Its one of the most popular, if not the most popular android tablet. The app sucks anyway, not missing much.

It sounds like you need to get on some good servers and then play with a squad. There is 4 of us from work that play together and use Mumble and the game gets sooooooo much better that way - Even joining (or starting) a squad that uses orders increases score & fun 10 fold.

Thanks
    • darrensen's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Gigabyte z77 UD3H
      • CPU:
      • i7
      • Memory:
      • 8gb DDR3
      • Storage:
      • Loads!
      • Graphics card(s):
      • EVGA 780 GTX
      • PSU:
      • Corsair 850Watt
      • Case:
      • Coolermaster Storm Trooper
      • Operating System:
      • Win 7 64bit
      • Monitor(s):
      • Dell 24"
      • Internet:
      • Plusnet Fibre 80mb

Just put together another short BF4 Cinematic
    Hainan Resort - Once a 5 Star Hotel Complex!

Thanks
    • Biscuit's system
      • Motherboard:
      • MSI B450M Mortar
      • CPU:
      • Memory:
      • Storage:
      • 500GB WD Black
      • Graphics card(s):
      • PSU:
      • Case:
      • Lian Li PC-V359
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10 x64
      • Internet:
      • BT Infinity 80/20

Quote Originally Posted by Dooms View Post
    [/I] Maybe I've been lucky but I've got about 15 servers ony my fave list now which I've been happy with. 7 SCAN servers and then 7-8 Random ones I've stumbled across.
    I havent been able to play on the scan servers much. Always full with a massive queue

It's very rarely I auto join a squad that has a leader that is issuing orders. I normally find myself leaving and creating my own soon as the game starts, start issuing order and people generally tag along when they realise we both get more points if you attack/defend what I highlight.
    I try and do that but i end up getting frustrated and just join the aimless sheep!

Stock on Assault isn't bad but I was happy to unlock the SCAR. Engi is terrible but the 1st Carbine is awesome. Supports starting weapon is actually my fave weapon (I've unlocked all but one), Recon well all the snipers aren't great until you unlock the straight pull - I just unlocked the 1st DRM and then never really went back.
    Im having trouble with the DRM, without a decent sight its very difficult to get kills.

I got most of my littlebird unlocks by playing Engineer and firing stingers / repairs out of the side of the thing while the good pilot killed everything
    So they you are just geting the driver assists yes?

Man I hate the attack boats, they have soooooo much power. I don't use them that often but if its just you and the driver in them you can switch sides using F1-4 (F5 ejects in the jetski).
    Yeah but there is always someone on the good side

Agreed. 3-4 Stingers to take down a littlebird (not counting the 1 wasted on the flares)... its meant to be a damn SCOUT heli! The other tanks take just as much a pounding with the other rockets but with 2 Engi's it gets MUCH easier as they get overwelmed.
    I got taken out by some form of anti vehicle weapon today that wiped us out in one... i mean really?! Have dice never heard of the term, 'balance'

The app sucks anyway, not missing much.
    Well i have it on my xperia SP and i quite like it. Inbetween maps you can load it up and fiddle with your set ups rather than stare at the screen blankly.

It sounds like you need to get on some good servers and then play with a squad. There is 4 of us from work that play together and use Mumble and the game gets sooooooo much better that way - Even joining (or starting) a squad that uses orders increases score & fun 10 fold.
    I think you're right mate. If you see me online then give me a shout and ill happily join in. Playing on comms is always way more fun.

Not sure i have you at the moment: http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf4.../364278614/pc/

ZaO

Cool video darrensen

I too am also finding the same problems as Biscuit. But I am actually glad that vehicles are stronger. I hated the way all the vehicles in BF3 were nerfed down to a point that they were barely a threat to a couple of soldiers. Vehicles are not supposed to be balanced with infantry like that. They should be an overwhelming threat. Not just something an Engineer can shoot a couple rockets at and take out within 20 seconds. It's not like there's anywhere near as much vehicles as there is infantry. The challenge of dealing with them is great Just my opinion.. Like BF3 - I still think the choppers maneuver too slowly as well. It makes them sitting ducks for jets and just doesn't scale right to everything else in the game. They should bring back gunner flares like early BF3 had if they don't allow them to maneuver quicker. I hope they don't start nerfing all the guns down to a point where they're all the same again either. BF3 sucked after they did that. It barely made any difference what weapon you chose for each class.. At least I have Arma 3 to play when this stuff gets on my nerves

Treasure Hunter extraordinaire herulach's Avatar
    Thanks
    • herulach's system
      • Motherboard:
      • MSI Z97 MPower
      • CPU:
      • i7 4790K
      • Memory:
      • 8GB Vengeance LP
      • Storage:
      • 1TB WD Blue + 250GB 840 EVo
      • Graphics card(s):
      • 2* Palit GTX 970 Jetstream
      • PSU:
      • EVGA Supernova G2 850W
      • Case:
      • CM HAF Stacker 935, 2*360 Rad WC Loop w/EK blocks.
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 8.1
      • Monitor(s):
      • Crossover 290HD & LG L1980Q
      • Internet:
      • 120mb Virgin Media

Maybe we should get a squad together on one of the servers? Good squad play is great, I tend to look for 3 people from a clan in a squad and tag along, unless they're asshats people tend not to have a problem.

Also, it needs a good commander for good squad play to work properly, or it makes it a lot easier anyway.

I haven't played with the DMR at all - it seems hugely overpowered judging by the number of campers using them, but I basically only play Engineer or Support. Engineer on the more open maps or when I'm in vehicles and support on things like locker, dawnbreaker etc (XM25 + rooftop campers = lots of kills)

There are a couple of oneshots for vehicles , TV Missle (on attack boats and I think for the gunner in attack choppers at max unlocks), but they're actually quite difficult to use well, and they take you out of the game for the travel time (which can often be 2-3 seconds).

The cruise missle has a 2 minute recharge for commanders and the other commander is easily able to either blow it up or issue a warning during its 10 second or so flight time.

feel free to add me:
    http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf4/user/herulach/

I havent been able to play on the scan servers much. Always full with a massive queue

I try and do that but i end up getting frustrated and just join the aimless sheep!

Im having trouble with the DRM, without a decent sight its very difficult to get kills.

So they you are just geting the driver assists yes?

Yeah but there is always someone on the good side

I got taken out by some form of anti vehicle weapon today that wiped us out in one... i mean really?! Have dice never heard of the term, 'balance'

Well i have it on my xperia SP and i quite like it. Inbetween maps you can load it up and fiddle with your set ups rather than stare at the screen blankly.

I think you're right mate. If you see me online then give me a shout and ill happily join in. Playing on comms is always way more fun.

Not sure i have you at the moment: http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf4.../364278614/pc/

ZaO

What type of servers do you guys prefer to play - normal or hardcore?

in bf3 i liked hardcore. but in this one i now search custom servers looking basically for hardcore, but with the minimap on. i'm not too bothered by no minimap for infantry. but i hate the fact that air radar is completely useless in hardcore now. as the servers filters are complete crap - it makes it very hard for me to find a good server!! >_<

if anyone happens to be looking for such a server - then try this one: http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf4...Conquest-24-7/
    i'm in there basically everytime i play with my origin name currently as: AloneWolf900

Thanks
    • Dooms's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Gigabyte X570 I AORUS PRO WIFI
      • CPU:
      • 3700X
      • Memory:
      • G.SKILL TridentZ Series 32GB (2 x 16GB)
      • Storage:
      • Samsung 970 1TB
      • Graphics card(s):
      • EVGA 2080 Super
      • PSU:
      • 750W Corsair Pro
      • Case:
      • Ncase M1 6.1
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 11 Pro
      • Monitor(s):
      • LG 34UC88 34-Inch 21:9
      • Internet:
      • 1GB Telenor

Quote Originally Posted by ZaO View Post
    What type of servers do you guys prefer to play - normal or hardcore?

in bf3 i liked hardcore. but in this one i now search custom servers looking basically for hardcore, but with the minimap on. i'm not too bothered by no minimap for infantry. but i hate the fact that air radar is completely useless in hardcore now. as the servers filters are complete crap - it makes it very hard for me to find a good server!! >_<

if anyone happens to be looking for such a server - then try this one: http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf4...Conquest-24-7/
    i'm in there basically everytime i play with my origin name currently as: AloneWolf900
    Will have to check the server out. Added you to Friends (Koraths)

ZaO

Will have to check the server out. Added you to Friends (Koraths)
    cool. will have a look next time i'm on there

Registered+
    Thanks
    • Aftermath's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Gigabyte Z77X-D3H
      • CPU:
      • Intel i5 3570K
      • Memory:
      • Corsair Vengeance LP
      • Storage:
      • 2 x Samsung 840, 2 x Seagate Barracuda
      • Graphics card(s):
      • EVGA GTX 780
      • PSU:
      • Corsair AX750
      • Case:
      • Corsair Air 540
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 8
      • Monitor(s):
      • Asus PB278Q 27" 2560x1440p + BenQ 2420HD 1920x1080
      • Internet:
      • Virgin Media

I wouldn't mind getting in on this, I only really have a couple of randoms on Origin who I never play with. I play any mode really, though I tend to stick to normal rather than hardcore. Also 64 man servers are generally preferred (map dependant!).

Thanks
    • Biscuit's system
      • Motherboard:
      • MSI B450M Mortar
      • CPU:
      • Memory:
      • Storage:
      • 500GB WD Black
      • Graphics card(s):
      • PSU:
      • Case:
      • Lian Li PC-V359
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10 x64
      • Internet:
      • BT Infinity 80/20

Quote Originally Posted by Aftermath View Post
    I wouldn't mind getting in on this, I only really have a couple of randoms on Origin who I never play with. I play any mode really, though I tend to stick to normal rather than hardcore. Also 64 man servers are generally preferred (map dependant!).
    My link is a few pages up... add me

Page 15 of 55 FirstFirst ... 512131415161718253545 ... LastLast

Thread Information