Page 109 of 146 FirstFirst ... 95969798999106107108109110111112119129139 ... LastLast
Results 1,729 to 1,744 of 2321

Thread: New ATI Tuner Card.

Thanks
    PD HEXUS: I've just discovered that there is a switch for selecting IRE 0 or 7.5 in the current drivers (not the new ones posted by SHSPVR; I'm downloading them now). So that feature wouldn't be in the 'wish list' anymore...
    It's as simple as selecting NTSC_M_J as the video standard (Japanese NTSC, which is IRE 0...). Sorry

BTW, I have one more thing to ask; that is to be able to connect the MPEG encoder and the (uncompressed) video and audio preview pins in graphedit together, to capture to MPEG, but see a window without video delay (to play videogames, for example).
    Last edited by hrlslcbr; 10-09-2005 at 04:40 AM.

Thanks
    Well folks, after installing new drivers above followed by MMC 9.01 above I've managed to get it all working fine. The CC works as planned, channel changing is relatively quick and the picture appears much sharper than before. With both live tv and file playing (Spiderman II DVD compressed /w Divx to 700mb) the picture appears sharper and with less noise using MMC than PowerEnima and GBPVR. It may be that the 3D Comb filter is functioning properly with new drivers but most likely something in MMC as it plays them better.

Thanks
    i cant believe this thread is all about one tv tuner. 116 pages. sigh, maybe ill hold off my "anyone suggest / discuss arguements for and against various tv tuners ?" .. could pose some ... admin webspace problems. jees.

just wanted one to go with my new 6800gt / Dell 20.1" 2005FP, (which has 4 inputs), so i can watch tv. not sure if there are any good external ones which i could use without having the computer on. need/want quality remote, decent quality picture, digital deffo (freeview etc), high resolutions if poss.
    erk, i know ive probably either got one person with one answer who's gona give me a "look for yourself" (which i have done, and have no idea whats good, what sucks and whats what tbh.) or 15 more pages on the topic lol, sorry

er, if your northbridge fan is humming loudly, disconnect it. _dont_ kick the side of the case, it _will_ break it.
    i know :/

Thanks
    hrlslcbr you can do that

Thanks
    I must be dreaming but the tuner sound louder now with new 6.14.10.102 drivers, But I see none of other Spatial Format have not been fix and still dosen't have open bitrate control.
    Hmm I wonder when there going get around to enable trancoder.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by SHSPVR
    hrlslcbr you can do that
    How? I can't play a graph if I have both the uncompressed video preview and the MPEG-2 encoder pins connected.

arsen: I have the 2005FPW LCD, and the s-video and composite inputs aren't as good as I thought they'd be... I get better quality by using the Theatrix .

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by arsen
    i cant believe this thread is all about one tv tuner. 116 pages. sigh, maybe ill hold off my "anyone suggest / discuss arguements for and against various tv tuners ?" .. could pose some ... admin webspace problems. jees.

just wanted one to go with my new 6800gt / Dell 20.1" 2005FP, (which has 4 inputs), so i can watch tv. not sure if there are any good external ones which i could use without having the computer on. need/want quality remote, decent quality picture, digital deffo (freeview etc), high resolutions if poss.
    erk, i know ive probably either got one person with one answer who's gona give me a "look for yourself" (which i have done, and have no idea whats good, what sucks and whats what tbh.) or 15 more pages on the topic lol, sorry

Look for yourself--I wanted to get that in. Seriously, get a Sapphire Theatrix 550, and load the free GBPVR. Do not install the included Cyberstink software. Otherwise, give the trial version of Beyond TV a shot. You will like the ability to set up remote recordings from web connected computers outside your house. I also like Hauppauge's PVR 150, but it does not do as well with dark scenes--it is often hard to distinguish images.

S.

Thanks
    hrlslcbr I guest your rigth in GraphEdit it just crash unlike WinTV PVR 150, 250, 350 and 500 which can be done in GraphEdit.

Registered+
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by SHSPVR
    I must be dreaming but the tuner sound louder now with new 6.14.10.102 drivers, But I see none of other Spatial Format have not been fix and still dosen't have open bitrate control.
    Hmm I wonder when there going get around to enable trancoder.
    Yes, the sound does seem a little louder to me as well. Not much, but there is a difference. Also, with these new drivers, MMC 9.03 no longer displays the annoying interlacing artifacts previously seen. So, for simply watching TV, MMC works just fine.

edit: BTW, nice to see you back, Satnav4. In your last post, you mentioned your house was about to be destroyed by Katrina. I hope all is well with you and your family.
    Last edited by farmkid; 11-09-2005 at 02:58 AM.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by farmkid
    edit: BTW, nice to see you back, Satnav4. In your last post, you mentioned your house was about to be destroyed by Katrina. I hope all is well with you and your family.
    Thanks for the note. I still have a house, but it did get 3 inches of water. All flooring was ruined. We cannot return home for 2-4 weeks.

The good news is that my rig is upstairs, where it is safe.

I am so lucky compared to many other evacuees.

Thanks again.

S.
    Last edited by satnav4; 11-09-2005 at 04:33 AM.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by satnav4
    Thanks for the note. I still have a house, but it did get 3 inches of water. All flooring was ruined. We cannot return home for 2-4 weeks.

The good news is that my rig is upstairs, where it is safe.

I am so lucky compared to many other evacuees.

Thanks again.

S.
    Good to hear you're ok.

Thanks
    Best wishes to you satnav4 and to all who had to endure such tragedy.

Thanks
    I’d like to make an amendment to my previous statement about the Visiontek Xtasy Theater 550 Pro MCE bundle.

The included BeyondMedia front end does have DVD functionality after upgrading from version 1.0.0.0 (on included CD) to version 1.1.1.0 (free patch). There is no DVD option on the home screen menu but the functionality is indeed within BM after the upgrade. There is probably a way to get the DVD option to show in the home screen menu. In any case, in order to get DVDs to play in the BM OEM version (after the free upgrade patch to v1.1.1.0) do the following:

1 Make sure auto insertion is enabled.

2 Insert a DVD movie in your DVD drive.

3 From the list of applications that pops up select "BeyondMedia" and then click OK.

The DVD should then play within BM. To make BM the default DVD player, simply click the “Always use” checkbox in step 3.

Anyway, after the 30 days on the guide updates from the included BTV SE expire, I’ll see if I can get XMLTV listings working. I’m not sure it will work in the SE version but as far as I know the only difference between BTV SE and BTV is the subscription for guide info. Everything else seems to be the same, web admin and all.

Thanks
    Sapphire Theatrix 550 < can it watch freeview chans ? (freeview being digital channels available in the uk, im assuming your in US due to the katrina discussion... somone else may have to answer)
    er, if your northbridge fan is humming loudly, disconnect it. _dont_ kick the side of the case, it _will_ break it.
    i know :/

Registered+
    Thanks

Another update next month?

The day before the new drivers came out, I had submitted a support ticket asking about next drivers here is the reply I just got today:

We have responded to your issue.

Solution: We are launching an update for the video card next month.

Ticket Information:
    Ticket #: 737-871452
    Date Created: 9/8/2005 3:38 PM EDT
    Category: Drivers & Software

Hopefully this will be a big improvement, if it happens that fast...

Registered+
    Thanks
    by update they probably mean a 650P, which will make the current card obsolete

Thread Information