Page 89 of 146 FirstFirst ... 39495969798687888990919299109119129139 ... LastLast
Results 1,409 to 1,424 of 2321

Thread: New ATI Tuner Card.

Banned
    Thanks
    blakev 2 be honest m8 its pretty good but its not mindblowing!!

Banned
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by blakev
    Sigh. Komplett.no, after confirming my order by telephone, now 28 days later say my order has been cancelled. Overclock charges 36 quid to ship to France... maybe it's a sign?

its a pity that i was in paris 2 weeks ago could have brought you one over!

Thanks
    My question is:

My config. is: WinXP pro (not MCE), AIW 9600XT, CAT 5.2, MMC 9.03. It is a very stable config. ang I'm very satisfy with it. Works perfectly.

I'm afraid a have jumped the gun because yesterday a bought a Sapphire Theatrix 550 pro (PCI PAL) card. (It was very cheap.)

I pushed the card into the PCI slot. I could install the WDM driver, the crap. Cyberlink Powercinema, but nothing happend.

A can only use the AIW. Powercinema olso cannot see it. It always try to tune the AIW channels.

So it is impossible to use the two card together?
    For examle record something with 550p in Powercinema while watch another cannel with the AIW in MMC 9.03.

Do I have to upgrade to WinXP MCE? As I red it can tune two card, and you can record two channel on the same time, or watch one while record another. Is it true?
    And is it true for the AIW & 550p pair?

Thanks
    gaspika, lots of people on this thread are using 3rd party software to run the 550 chip, because PowerCinema is rubbish. I intend on using GB-PVR (if I ever get the card).
    Thread back and you'll find what people think/have tried.
    ATi has decided that MMC is not supported with the Theatrix, and unless you have a solid IT background, you'll spend a long time trying to get results using MMC with the theatrix. No one reported being 100% happy with Theatrix+MMC.
    If you don't use 3rd party software, consider it a no-go to get both cards set up to work side by side with either Powercinema or MMC.
    I wouldn't call XP MCE an upgrade, although it can tune 2 cards, as you read. I'm sure someone here tried that, but since this thread is so long and so old, I'm afraid you've got to search it to see what was said.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by gaspika
    My question is:

My config. is: WinXP pro (not MCE), AIW 9600XT, CAT 5.2, MMC 9.03. It is a very stable config. ang I'm very satisfy with it. Works perfectly.

I'm afraid a have jumped the gun because yesterday a bought a Sapphire Theatrix 550 pro (PCI PAL) card. (It was very cheap.)

I pushed the card into the PCI slot. I could install the WDM driver, the crap. Cyberlink Powercinema, but nothing happend.

A can only use the AIW. Powercinema olso cannot see it. It always try to tune the AIW channels.

So it is impossible to use the two card together?
    For examle record something with 550p in Powercinema while watch another cannel with the AIW in MMC 9.03.

Do I have to upgrade to WinXP MCE? As I red it can tune two card, and you can record two channel on the same time, or watch one while record another. Is it true?
    And is it true for the AIW & 550p pair?
    You can have both an AIW and a Sapphire Theatrix working in the same box--I do. The trick is you must disable certain drivers during installation. If I recall, the PowerCinema ("enema") found the AIW card, not the 550, during installation. If this happened, remove the enema software. Then go to control panel/system/hardware/device manager/sound and video devices/rage theater video, and right click that driver and select "disable". Then reinstall the enema, and it will default to the 550 card. Once you confirm this, re-enable the theater driver, and the AIW will also work. You may not have to uninstall the enema during the process, but this is the most sure fire way to fix the problem.

I don't recommend the enema software. When you find it is unsatisfactory, and you will, try GBPVR.

S.
    Last edited by satnav4; 13-05-2005 at 01:33 PM.

Thanks
    @blakev
    thanks. yes i dont want to use mmc for 550p i will it for aiw.

@satnav4
    also thanks, i will try your solution.

gaspar

Thanks
    @blakev

@satnav4

gaspar
    I don't know that MCE runs software encoders like the AIW. I doubt that it does. Perhaps one of the MCE lovers can address this point for you.

S.

Banned
    Thanks
    just get MCE m8 u know it make sense!

Thanks
    @blakev

@satnav4

gaspar
    Before you run out and buy MCE, please note there are issues when trying to use an AIW on an MCE system: AIW MCE Problem. If the link does not take you direct, the problem is posted as follows:

"ATI TV Player 9.06 does not start under Windows XP Media Center Edition 2005

The information in this article applies to the following configuration(s):
    CATALYST 5.3 or higher
    WDM Capture Driver version 6.14.10.6300
    MULTIMEDIA CENTER 9.06
    ALL-IN-WONDER 9600 Series and higher
    Windows XP Media Center Edition 2005
    Upon launching ATI TV Player, the program will not launch, and will prompt you to run PC Check. The message "TV Player Failed to Initialize the Video" may occur.

To use the MULTIMEDIA CENTER in Windows XP Media Center Edition, follow these steps:

Right-click on the Windows Taskbar and select Task Manager from the pop-up menu
    Select Processes tab from Windows Task Manager
    Find and select ehRecvr process
    Click "End Process" button to terminate the process
    Launch the ATI TV Player

This procedure will need to be performed each time the system is restarted, or when Media Center TV has been started, or after switching users.

ATI Engineering has been advised of this issue and is investigating. This issue will be addressed in a forthcoming release of WDM Capture Drivers."

Your smartest course is to try GBPVR on your current system to run the 550. If you like it, stick with it and you have a great free system. There is an AIW plugin I believe that may permit a 2 tuner setup. If you don't like GBPVR or can't get the xml set up (I don't need it in the US), you can then give Bill Gates another $140 US for MCE, despite the fact you already paid for your current operating system. Of course, you will have to run that "workaround" each time you employ the AIW.

Good Luck.

S.
    Last edited by satnav4; 14-05-2005 at 02:34 PM.

Thanks

working 550 pro

what software have you got to work with the 550 pro
    has anyone tried media portal(this is a really cool pvr)
    and how did you get it to work
    i have tried gb-pvr and win-tv both look ok but they have a sound delay
    win-tv is nice you can make a tv play list!
    any help would be great
    thanks

Thanks
    @satnav4

I will try GBPVR. It seems it is a very good pvr program, but first -as i relised- i have to set up xmltv because without it i can not tune the channels and here in hungary this is the only tv guide possibility. So it takes some time to set up my Theatrix 550pro in GBPVR.
    Yesterday evening i managed to tune it with Ciberlynk "enema" with your help (to disable te theatre video) but i didn't get sound at all there was picture without sound.
    The default audio source in the setup tub is the line in (but the line in as i know is the source of the AIW 9600XT). So at present I'm a little bit confused what audio souce should I set up. I tried all sources but nothing happened - no sound only the buzz noise.
    Probably I missed something!?

Othewise the AIW&MMC 9.03 is working (after I enabled the theatre video).

Registered+
    Thanks
    Audio should be ATI AVStream Analogue Audio Capture device.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Myrdhinn
    Audio should be ATI AVStream Analogue Audio Capture device.
    That is correct. The Enema software should select the correct audio automatically. The audio comes through the PCI, not line in. Perhaps you should disable Theater video and audio drivers when installing the Enema.

S.
    Last edited by satnav4; 15-05-2005 at 08:21 PM.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by mofunk
    what software have you got to work with the 550 pro
    has anyone tried media portal(this is a really cool pvr)
    and how did you get it to work
    i have tried gb-pvr and win-tv both look ok but they have a sound delay
    win-tv is nice you can make a tv play list!
    any help would be great
    thanks
    This thread is long, man. People have tried lots of soft including media portal. If I remember correctly, Sage's Beyond TV and GB-PVR worked the best, and both have product doc to get you up and running. I don't remember anyone mentioning any special tricks, unless you've got an AIW, see recent posts. The developer for GB-PVR has posted here to tell us he has worked on his software so as to specifically support the card. I'm sorry to say, if you get no further answer, the person with the answer is no longer reading here and you've got to search the thread. Or send an email to cus support of the soft you're interested in. People said that with WinTV those audio delays are related to time shifting. Turn off time shifting to see if the delay goes away. Unless you are talking about audio-video desynchronisation on encoded material...that's a different and more worrying kettle of fish.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by satnav4
    That is correct. The Enema software should select the correct audio automatically. The audio comes through the PCI, not line in. Perhaps you should disable Theater video and audio drivers when installing the Enema.

S.
    I have found the solution! Every program what I have tried uses the Microsoft standard tuner settings (GBPVR, PowerCinema, Showshifter etc.) but it is completly wrong bacause the TV standard here in Hungary is PAL (about for ten years) not SECAM as Microsoft states. So when I choose another PAL country like Germany from the country list intead of Hungary (what is the default for the PowerCinema) I can tune the channels with sound.
    Should I enlighten them?
    But the quality is terrible compared to the AIW 9600XT.

I expect more from this card! When ATI introduced the 550pro chip promised much much more!

Probably after five years ATI will lose a faithful customer.
    Last edited by gaspika; 16-05-2005 at 08:40 PM.

Thanks
    I have found the solution! Every program what I have tried uses the Microsoft standard tuner settings (GBPVR, PowerCinema, Showshifter etc.) but it is completly wrong bacause the TV standard here in Hungary is PAL (about for ten years) not SECAM as Microsoft states. So when I choose another PAL country like Germany from the country list intead of Hungary (what is the default for the PowerCinema) I can tune the channels with sound.
    Should I enlighten them?
    But the quality is terrible compared to the AIW 9600XT.

I expect more from this card! When ATI introduced the 550pro chip promised much much more!

Probably after five years ATI will lose a faithful customer.
    The tuner image is very similar on both products--the 550 might be a tad clearer, but not by much if at all. I have a good cable signal. Some have said the AIW analogue tuner is more forgiving than the 550 digital tuner with weak signals. You might try a signal booster if this is the case. And by all means, let ATI and Microsoft know of the PAL/SECAM issue.

S.

Thread Information