Page 110 of 146 FirstFirst ... 1060708090100107108109110111112113120130140 ... LastLast
Results 1,745 to 1,760 of 2321

Thread: New ATI Tuner Card.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by arsen
    Sapphire Theatrix 550 < can it watch freeview chans ? (freeview being digital channels available in the uk, im assuming your in US due to the katrina discussion... somone else may have to answer)
    It doesn't have a built-in freeview tuner. But you can still connect it up to a freeview box and watch freeview channels on it via that. But you'll have to manually change channels via the freeview box or buy a USB channel changing device that some PVR software supports.
    Last edited by Nitestorm; 13-09-2005 at 01:30 PM.

Thanks
    I had no idea that the latest version of “Windows Movie Maker” worked with the Theater 550 Pro!!! Why was I not informed ,....LOL?

Too bad I don’t much care for WMM.

The users manual for the Visiontek Xtasy Theater 550 Pro had step by step instructions on how to setup WMM.

I didn’t think it was going to work but it did and with good video and audio (in sync),…..wow,….

I must have been under a rock to not know this,….

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Octavean
    I had no idea that the latest version of “Windows Movie Maker” worked with the Theater 550 Pro!!! Why was I not informed ,....LOL?

Too bad I don’t much care for WMM.

The users manual for the Visiontek Xtasy Theater 550 Pro had step by step instructions on how to setup WMM.

I didn’t think it was going to work but it did and with good video and audio (in sync),…..wow,….

I must have been under a rock to not know this,….
    I didn't know it either!
    Can you post the 'step by step instructions on how to set up WMM' please?
    Cheers.

Thanks
    Hello!

Just a short question, I have an all in wonder 9600XT. I would like to use PIP. PIP = ATI Multview? If I buy an MSI Theater 550 card, my MMC 9.08 will recognize the new tuner and support this Multview function? Thanks.

Registered+
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Tamas
    Hello!

Just a short question, I have an all in wonder 9600XT. I would like to use PIP. PIP = ATI Multview? If I buy an MSI Theater 550 card, my MMC 9.08 will recognize the new tuner and support this Multview function? Thanks.
    I'm not sure about Multiview, as I've never used it or had any reason to find out about it. But, in answer to your second question, no, MMC 9.08 will not work with the T550P chip. After MMC 9.03, ATI decided for some odd reason that they didn't want to support the chip, so they made MMC ignore it. MMC 9.01 and 9.03 work, but there are no recording options available, so functionality is limited. Until the latest driver release, MMC also had some annoying interlacing artifacts, so if you go with the T550P, be sure to get the latest drivers (look back a page or two for the link).

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by farmkid
    I'm not sure about Multiview, as I've never used it or had any reason to find out about it. But, in answer to your second question, no, MMC 9.08 will not work with the T550P chip. After MMC 9.03, ATI decided for some odd reason that they didn't want to support the chip, so they made MMC ignore it. MMC 9.01 and 9.03 work, but there are no recording options available, so functionality is limited. Until the latest driver release, MMC also had some annoying interlacing artifacts, so if you go with the T550P, be sure to get the latest drivers (look back a page or two for the link).
    Thanks. It's really weird that ATI banned their own TV tuner. I used to record videos with my old Pinnacle PCTV PRO card and ATI MMC 9.08. The only limitation was the maximum 720*288 resolution.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by hrlslcbr
    I didn't know it either!
    Can you post the 'step by step instructions on how to set up WMM' please?
    Cheers.
    Sure, here’s what it says in the manual:

From the Windows start button, click Programs>Accessories>Windows Movie Maker

1 Double-click Capture from video device

2 Highlight the ATI AVStream Analog Capture Device (as shown below)

3 Select Video Input Source (device that you are capturing from)
    Then you click “next”, “next” and then “start capture”.

You will not hear audio until you actually play the captured clip.

BTW, My MCE PC didn’t have WMM in the accessories folder under the start menu.

Quote Originally Posted by Tamas
    Hello!

As far as I know, Multview will not work with the T550P although setup of MMC 9.01, 9.03 and 9.04 will attempt to set up Multview. The T550P is not supported in MMC but it does work somewhat in versions 9.01, 9.03 and 9.04 (there may be other versions that quasi work too).

Thanks
    Octavean: Thank you!

Registered+
    Thanks
    what is the latest version? I have 5.1(thats what the about section says...

of WMM that is

Thanks
    I bought Ati tuner card with intention to connect it with my Vcr. I use only amplified antenna and I get better picture through Vcr. But the problem is, that I can not find any suitable software that would allow AV IN. I tried Beyond TV, Sage TV,... Without usefull software my card is rubish. I don't know what else to do. I was so lookig forward buying this card, but now...

Any ideas?

Registered+
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by fructal
    I bought Ati tuner card with intention to connect it with my Vcr. I use only amplified antenna and I get better picture through Vcr. But the problem is, that I can not find any suitable software that would allow AV IN. I tried Beyond TV, Sage TV,... Without usefull software my card is rubish. I don't know what else to do. I was so lookig forward buying this card, but now...

Any ideas?
    The simple solution is to use the coaxial connection from your VCR to your card then just leave your card on channel 3 or 4. It should work with any software then. Otherwise, try GB-PVR. I haven't played with it much, but there is a way to set it up to capture from the composite or S-video inputs. Check the online help files to get the details.

Thanks
    VirtualVCR also works (at least with the old drivers, haven't tried with the new ones)

Registered+
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by fructal

Any ideas?

I was looking at Windows Movie Maker because of someone's earlier post, there was a drop down box that showed composite and s-video. Anyone know if it functions?

Registered+
    Thanks

12-bit audio ADC?

Here is something I've been wondering about for awhile. The specs for the 550 pro say it has a 12 bit ADC for audio.

Is it just me or is that crappy? Considering 16-bit is the defacto standard?

What is the S/N ratio for the 500 pro's audio capture(for red/white inputs)?
    Last edited by dutchfudge; 17-09-2005 at 07:49 AM.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dutchfudge
    Here is something I've been wondering about for awhile. The specs for the 550 pro say it has a 12 bit ADC for audio.

Is it just me or is that crappy? Considering 16-bit is the defacto standard?

What is the S/N ratio for the 500 pro's audio capture(for red/white inputs)?
    Many capture cards only have 9-bit ADC's. I don't know about the S/N ratio though.

Thanks
    Is it true after all that you can improve sharpness with a tool called Graphedit (by disabling some noise reduction)? When someone asked in the forum how to do it no reply came.
    If it really works is it possible or will it be possible to set it in future versions of applications like GBPVR, so the use of Graphedit wouldn't be needed?

Thread Information