Page 22 of 146 FirstFirst ... 212192021222324253242526272122 ... LastLast

Thread: New ATI Tuner Card.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by thatdude90210
    Doesn't PVAStrumento strip out frames when it encounters sync issues? I remember using it when I had a Creative DVR, that thing had hardware video encode but software audio encode so it had massive sync issues. Because of that, PVAStrumento used to take out too big a chunk for my taste.
    PVAStrumento will yank out a frame or two if required, but I have noticed very little tinkering with 150 encodes. I have never seen a blip on the finished production. I have never had a sync problem after using it. I suspect the 150 generates a better stream. I also seem to recall the Creative product captures at 640/480. I wonder whether the conversion to DVD format 720/480 adds to its problems.

S.

Myth

Thanks for the reply. I knew I bought potential; I thought I bought a performer. Mine has not caught fire in the box.

S.

Registered+
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by satnav4
    neutron

I have not had lipsync problems with 150 encodes, but I have from time to time in DVD folders authored from the raw mpeg stream. I have corrected this by running the raw mpeg through PVAStrumento before authoring.

PS Give GBPVR a shot, and you will not use WinTV2000 again, except for perhaps s-video encodes.
    Lipsync with Hauppage PVR-150MCE (under XP with WinTV2000)
    - What I see is that when you start a capture that sync is not OK and after a while it comes back. This sometimes happens also during a capture.
    Most people will probably not see it because I do also see lipsync issues on some TV channels... But once you know/see it.............
    - I did not edit the MPEG file, just recorded a while and burned it on a DVD+RW with Moviefactory and viewed it with my Pioneer DV525 on the 32 inch Philips 100Hz CRT widescreen TV. This is for me proof of the pudding.
    When editing I use womble editor/mpeg video wizard.
    - PVAStrumento: what does this program do? Is it matching video and audio length? Never used it.

GBPVR: I will give it a try

Ps: At the moment I can not compare with Theater 550Pro because it is not for sale (in PAL countries)
    Last edited by neutron; 20-02-2005 at 09:53 PM.

Thanks
    neutron

PVAStrumento creates a program stream, syncing the audio and video streams. Open the program, import the mpeg, and click "make ps". I rename the output with a "pv" to distinguish it. Then author the new mpeg--your sync issues will be gone. You can find it here: PVAStrumento

S.

Thanks
    The ATI Elite is now at Newegg for $145: Newegg

S.

Thanks

No audio with VirtualVCR

Anyway, I tried Virtualvcr, I couldn't get audio from it. But it does show the potential of this card, that you can get actual live TV and record in other formats like AVI... both of which can't be done on a pvr 250, don't know if the 150/500 can. It also shows that future Dscaler support could be possible.

I think VirtualVCR doesn't know where to access the audio directly from the Theater 550. But when I took audio from line in and microphone. Audio came through fine. It needs a minor tweak to find the audio internally, but the picture quality with XviD format was very good. It's OK for transfering video from VHS or Laserdisk. It's great because you can synch AV BEFORE recording.

Jonas

Thanks
    The ATI Elite is now at Newegg for $145: Newegg

S.
    Why is it so much more expensive? The ATi brand name?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by miochza
    Why is it so much more expensive? The ATi brand name?

The remote... and perhaps it actualy has software that works....

Thanks
    When I opened my card, I found the following in the manual:

[IMG][/IMG]

Yes, it clearly says the card works with MMC 9.04. This perhaps explains why no software application cd was included in the box. I installed the card anyway, and downloaded a trial version of Power Cinema 3. The PC3 only recognized my AIW 9800 tuner. I could find no way to configure it to run the 550. Regardless, the PC3 version I downloaded had no TV guide. There is a PC3 TV Edition, and perhaps this has the guide. I have written Tech Support and Sales Support for Sapphire in hopes of getting some software that works.

ATI needs to come through on its promise of MMC 9.04 support.

S.

Thanks
    When I opened my card, I found the following in the manual:

Yes, it clearly says the card works with MMC 9.04. This perhaps explains why no software application cd was included in the box. I installed the card anyway, and downloaded a trial version of Power Cinema 3. The PC3 only recognized my AIW 9800 tuner. I could find no way to configure it to run the 550. Regardless, the PC3 version I downloaded had no TV guide. There is a PC3 TV Edition, and perhaps this has the guide.
    ATI needs to come through on its promise of MMC 9.04 support.

S.

After everybody said PowerCinema doesn't work you still installed it???
    That's logical If you downloaded BeyondTV FREE trial.. you'd be using the 550 now.

Jonas
    Last edited by jonaslasky; 21-02-2005 at 06:02 PM.

Registered+
    Thanks
    The PC3 that came with the 550pro is a special made for the 550pro version... not the download version. Regardless, if you are looking for software that works, you'll have to look elsewhere, like wait for mmc 9.06 (or get mce or beyondtv).

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by myth
    The remote... and perhaps it actualy has software that works....
    ATI's Elite has the same Cyberlink Power "Enema" software: ATI

The Sapphire also has a remote, but it does appear different.

I am concerned that the Cyberlink software will not include an EPG. Does anyone have insight on this? My direct download of the software from Cyberlink did not appear to have one. That is yet another reason why ATI's MMC 9.04 needs to support this thing.

S.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jonaslasky
    After everybody said PowerCinema doesn't work you still installed it???
    That's logical If you downloaded BeyondTV FREE trial.. you'd be using the 550 now.

Jonas
    Jonas

I would rather test for myself. After your CPU observations, I trust my own experiences more. And in my opinion--that is smart. Anyway, if I can avoid using the grossly overpriced BTV, I will. I am not crazy about its interface.

Have a great day.

S.

Thanks
    The PC3 that came with the 550pro is a special made for the 550pro version... not the download version. Regardless, if you are looking for software that works, you'll have to look elsewhere, like wait for mmc 9.06 (or get mce or beyondtv).
    Does it include an EPG?

S.

Thanks
    Jonas

I would rather test for myself. After your CPU observations, I trust my own experiences more. And in my opinion--that is smart. Anyway, if I can avoid using the grossly overpriced BTV, I will. I am not crazy about its interface.

Have a great day.

S.

"grossly overpriced BTV"
    Wow... another brilliant observation! Read these pages and weep

http://www.gocyberlink.com/multi/cyb....jsp?ProdId=48

http://store.snapstream.com/btv-3-both.html

Jonas

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jonaslasky
    "grossly overpriced BTV"
    Wow... another brilliant observation! Read these pages and weep

http://www.gocyberlink.com/multi/cyb....jsp?ProdId=48

http://store.snapstream.com/btv-3-both.html

Jonas
    Jonas

Were you not held as a child? Are you still a child?

Let me compare for you in a way you can understand:

1) Cyberlink software included with Theater 550--Free.
    2) BTV not included with Theater 550--$70.

One is overpriced in this scenario (that means situation); one is not.

Understand now? If GBPVR will support this card, you will be able to contol many of these cards for free, avoiding BTV's $20 license for tuners above 2. (See pcalchemy.com for better prices).

I invite you to PM me again rather than distract from this thread.

S.

Registered+
    Thanks
    No, Powercinema 3 doesn't come with EPG... and even though it comes free with the 550pro, it's still overpriced. They should give people a discount for taking that PowerEnema cd off their hands.

Anyway, I currently have Sage tv, which doesn't support the 550pro yet. I use a user made STV (a custom sage interface) that looks exactly like MCE (link). It's similar in cost to Beyondtv, but I think it's worth it because it comes with lifetime (or as long as they stay in business) EPG. And I use it on my network - Sageclient on my wireless laptop and another client on my desktop pc.

Thread Information