Page 52 of 146 FirstFirst ... 2122232424950515253545562728292102 ... LastLast

Thread: New ATI Tuner Card.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jonaslasky
    I got audio too.... but much more straightforward than how you describe it. I didn't have to use the TEE. When I looked at the connections in GraphEdit, AUDIO wasn't connected at all past ATI AVStream Analog Crossbar, or to an AUDIO RENDERER at all. I just added a DirectSound Audio Renderer and connected the audio downstream. Strangely even without any connection between the ATI AVStream Analog Crossbar and the ATI Analog AUDIO Input of the Video Capture Filter, I still get audio anyway.. weird.

Jonas
    Is your graph for mpeg capture? If so, please send me a PM. If I can get the graph, I can send it to gbpvr for review. Support is very close, but audio appears to be the issue.

S.

Thanks
    satnav4: check your inbox!

BTW, this is the graph I used to get an MPEG-2 capture (audio and video captured)

[IMG][IMG][/IMG][/IMG]
    Last edited by hrlslcbr; 16-03-2005 at 02:38 AM.

Thanks
    This one has preview, but has a 2-3 second delay:

[IMG][/IMG]

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by hrlslcbr
    This one has preview, but has a 2-3 second delay:

[IMG][/IMG]
    hrlslcbr

Nice work. I have sent them to sub at gbpvr to see if they help address the audio issue.

Thanks

S.

Thanks
    SHSPVR: can you please use graphedit to 'connect to a running graph' in PowerCinema (don't have it installed and don't want to use my hard drive for storing crap)
    Cheers.

sub
    Registered+
    Thanks
    Do we have any 550 Pro users in a PAL country that can confirm they have audio?

I've been trying to get GB-PVR working with this device, but it doesnt help matters that I cant get any audio out of it. I dont even get any audio with PowerCinema. I'm running 6.14.10.64 drivers.

If I unplug the ariel (or tune to an incorrect channel), then I do get the hissing/static sound that I'd expect when the TV isnt tuned in. As soon as I tune to a correct channel with locked signal, I just get silence. I'm wondering if the drivers dont like our PAL B/G sound system. Can anyone confirm functioning sound in a PAL B/G teritory?

Does anyone have any thoughts?

For the most part I now have GB-PVR working with this device (include live preview mode, timeshift mode, recordings, teletext etc), but not audio. At this stage I'd be happy just to hear audio out of PowerCinema, then I can focus on making it work well with GB-PVR.
    Last edited by sub; 16-03-2005 at 06:20 AM.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by wenis
    Does ATI's monumental blunder with the Theater 550 change anyones view on buying one of their newer 3d cards? It certainly does for me.
    Not really, I never really liked ATI gfx cards. I've been an nvidia gfx consumer. ATI gfx cards work well with Intel base systems, nvidia gfx cards with AMD, but, nvidia now is working closely with Intel(forgot where I read this), so, they'll probably be getting better with Intel base systems (Please, no ATI is better than Nvidia and vise-versa, threads been started in another catagory )

Quote Originally Posted by thatdude90210
    ...I blame their multimedia division for this...
    But I agree, this is on the multimedia division for not focusing on functuality, and only focusing on eye-candy ...

Haven't posted in a while, but been reading. Good to see people making progress... plus, reading all the other reviews on different sites about the software that comes with this card, just makes you laugh cus that's what everyones been saying all along. The software sux and ATI has dropped the ball with this product...
    Last edited by islasian; 16-03-2005 at 07:59 AM.
    ***Why are you running, you're only going to die tired...***

Banned
    Thanks
    I love reading this thread every day!!

The palpable sense of desperation as the ill informed and blind lead their peers into yet even more desperate hope and despair.

The rumours that fly about about MMC, the ATI guys inputing their comments that are treated like the words of GOD! One minute revered, the next castigated.

Its like 'LORD OF THE TV CARDS!'

'One 550 Pro to rule them all, One550 Pro to find them,
    One 550 Pro to bring them all and in the darkness bind them'

All the little Gollums seeking their PRECIOUS, oooh yes wees loves our 550
    It came to us with MMC then maaster cruelly took it away OH YES

We HATES ATI , WE HATES ATI

I am gonna turn this thread into a movie!!!

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by sub
    Do we have any 550 Pro users in a PAL country that can confirm they have audio?

I've been trying to get GB-PVR working with this device, but it doesnt help matters that I cant get any audio out of it. I dont even get any audio with PowerCinema. I'm running 6.14.10.64 drivers.

If I unplug the ariel (or tune to an incorrect channel), then I do get the hissing/static sound that I'd expect when the TV isnt tuned in. As soon as I tune to a correct channel with locked signal, I just get silence. I'm wondering if the drivers dont like our PAL B/G sound system. Can anyone confirm functioning sound in a PAL B/G teritory?

Does anyone have any thoughts?

For the most part I now have GB-PVR working with this device (include live preview mode, timeshift mode, recordings, teletext etc), but not audio. At this stage I'd be happy just to hear audio out of PowerCinema, then I can focus on making it work well with GB-PVR.
    Please note sub's request for assistance with the audio issue. I have seen a beta version of gbpvr in action, and it was capable of running my 2 150's together with the 550. The program allowed fine bitrate control and the choice of cbr and vbr. The size of 550 recordings was consistent with the size of 150 recordings. Channel changing was quick and the EPG worked without a hitch. The only problem--there was no audio. If this issue can be addressed, many of you should be happy campers. I know I will be. If you have a working pal card, please send sub a note.

S.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by spacded
    I love reading this thread every day!!

The palpable sense of desperation as the ill informed and blind lead their peers into yet even more desperate hope and despair.

The rumours that fly about about MMC, the ATI guys inputing their comments that are treated like the words of GOD! One minute revered, the next castigated.
    Remember, if we all ignore him, perhaps he will go away.

S.

Thanks
    hrlslcbr I can't run that app becuase I only run Win2000 Pro which as you know dosen't install on that OS.

Banned
    Thanks
    Cmon SATNAV4 dont take life so serious mate, have a laugh its good for the soul.

This card isnt even out in PAL yet so at least you can enjoy being disappointed by it!!

Banned
    Thanks

S.

EERR but you didnt did you!

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by spacded

S.

EERR but you didnt did you!
    ignoring----

Registered+
    Thanks
    spacded, don't worry mate. The shortbus is just around the corner, you won't miss it.

Thanks
    @ SHSPVR: OK, didn't know that.

@ sub: do you get audio in composite and S-Video? Because I can't get audio from the TV tuner (with the graphs satnav4 sent you), only in those two connections.
    That's why I asked SHSPVR to try to connect to the graph that PowerCinema uses. If anyone has the card and PowerCinema installed, please PM me.

Cheers.

Thread Information