Page 39 of 146 FirstFirst ... 91929363738394041424959697989139 ... LastLast

Thread: New ATI Tuner Card.

Thanks
    Depends on who you were talking to...The lower level techs usually have no idea wth is going on.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by neutron
    I am afraid that this T550Pro has a build in hardware macrovison detection which is maybe to sensitive.
    Should be OK in Europa. Up to now, European analog tv doesn't transmit a macrovision broadcast flag. Even in NA not all the channels send it. But as everyone moves to digital tv....

Quote Originally Posted by neutron
    Is this card able to tune to frequencies other the whole channels
    The PAL version of the card will handle this for you in the channel scan, I'm pretty sure. After all, the frequency range is standarized in the PAL spec. Each channel is assigned their unique frequency by their national regulator. The card just scans the PAL frequency range, and assigns a channel to each area it finds of sufficient signal strength, whether the frequency values are whole numbers or not. So in the east of France, I can get the Swiss channels, for example.

If you mean you want to hook the card up to an analog dish receiver, that's different. Don't know. There may be a fine-tuning feature in the soft, so effectively you could tune to any value you want and assign it a "channel". Dunno yet. I know the hauppauge soft let's you fine-tune frequencies.

Registered+
    Thanks
    Someone got Media Portal to work. I can't try this yet, but look at the 8th message here.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by thatdude90210
    Someone got Media Portal to work. I can't try this yet, but look at the 8th message here.
    Do you want to take the bullet on this one? It may be a coincidence, but every time I try MediaPortal, even with my 150's, I can't get it to work. I had similar luck with the 550. Then when I try to use gbpvr, its a mess. It could also be other software conflicts. I will sit this one out after 2 XP reinstalls last weekend.

S.

Thanks
    MPortal worked with those corrections it picked up the channels but it tells me there are no devices available to show the channels...

Registered+
    Thanks
    No luck with media portal for me either. And, what's with everything trying to be a mce clone. I don't want video/music/photo stuff, I just want an app like leadtek's winfast pvr, intervideo's windvr 3, etc ...

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by bubbaganoush
    MPortal worked with those corrections it picked up the channels but it tells me there are no devices available to show the channels...
    You need to make sure you have assigned channels to specific capture 'cards' and also assigned channels to a 'group' from within the MP config for TV /channels.

This may help with this problem

Thanks
    Media Portal only work in perview mode I haven't been able to get it to record any thing here rigth Graph line for it.

<capturecard commercialname="ATI TV Wonder Elite" capturename="ATI AVStream Analog Capture" devid="ven_1002&amp;dev_4D52&amp;subsys_A3461002&amp;rev_00">
    <capabilities tv="true" radio="true" mpeg2="true" mce="true" sw="false" bda="false"></capabilities>
    <tv>
    <interface cat="encoder" video="" audio="" mpeg2="0"></interface>
    <filters>
    <filter cat="tvtuner" name="ATI AVStream Analog Tuner" checkdevice="true"></filter>
    <filter cat="tvaudio" name="ATI AVStream Analog TV Audio" checkdevice="true"></filter>
    <filter cat="crossbar" name="ATI AVStream Analog Xbar" checkdevice="true"></filter>
    <filter cat="capture" name="ATI AVStream Analog Capture" checkdevice="true"></filter>
    <filter cat="encoder" name="ATI AVStream MPEG2 Multiplexer" checkdevice="true"></filter>
    </filters>
    <connections>
    <connection sourcefilter="tvtuner" sourcepin="0" sinkfilter="crossbar" sinkpin="0"></connection>
    <connection sourcefilter="tvtuner" sourcepin="1" sinkfilter="tvaudio" sinkpin="0"></connection>
    <connection sourcefilter="tvaudio" sourcepin="0" sinkfilter="crossbar" sinkpin="3"></connection>
    <connection sourcefilter="crossbar" sourcepin="0" sinkfilter="capture" sinkpin="0"></connection>
    <connection sourcefilter="crossbar" sourcepin="1" sinkfilter="capture" sinkpin="1"></connection>
    <connection sourcefilter="capture" sourcepin="4" sinkfilter="encoder" sinkpin="0"></connection>
    <connection sourcefilter="capture" sourcepin="5" sinkfilter="encoder" sinkpin="1"></connection>
    </connections>
    </tv>
    </capturecard>
    Last edited by SHSPVR; 03-03-2005 at 02:06 AM.

Thanks
    Well MMC does have some functionality with the new drivers. The Guide Plus works and there is bit rate control for mpeg2 recordings. Other formats are not available. The image is not clear, but appears interlaced. Even a deinterlaced recording is blurred. This suggests ATI was on the path of providing MMC support for the 550. It needs a fair amount more work.

S.

Thanks
    What version of mmc are you guys using?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by bubbaganoush
    What version of mmc are you guys using?

Registered+
    Thanks
    Media portal was a no go for me too. Did the changes to the CaptureCardDefinitions.xml, scanned for channels, map channels, assigned channels to card, no picture and no sound for any channel.

Thanks

Thumbs up Side Topic, I just found this link deep within ATI's dicontinued products pages.

http://support.microsoft.com/default...b;en-us;887131

Interesting stuff about the audio/video sync issues people were discussing a few pages back

-Erik.

Thanks
    Is anyone besides me seeing image artifacts: namely pixelization/mosaicing of image, particularly at high motion scenes? I was hoping that the new drivers would fix that, but no luck. Problem still exists.

I'm inclined to think it's heat problems and will try affixing heat sink on 550 chip and blow fan on it directly to see if it changes anything.

Registered+
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ciregnol
    Is anyone besides me seeing image artifacts: namely pixelization/mosaicing of image, particularly at high motion scenes? I was hoping that the new drivers would fix that, but no luck. Problem still exists.

I'm inclined to think it's heat problems and will try affixing heat sink on 550 chip and blow fan on it directly to see if it changes anything.
    I'm not seeing the pixelization hardly at all. I am running my connection through a Media Center Extender so I am not utilizing the PC based video card in this config. I used to have a problem with that until I changed the output on the extender from S-Video to composite and that made a HUGE difference. This alone cleaned 95% of the pixelaization problem. I guess the S-Video output on the extender isn't that good.

I installed the new driver last night and played around with it for about an hour doing some comparisons. What I see is that the sharpness appears to have gotten better while colors appear to have dropped slightly. Overall though I'd have to say that it is an improvement over the previous driver. What are your impressions of the new driver, have you noticed any difference?

Thanks
    My impressions with the new driver is that the sharpness has DECREASED ever so slightly, but it still quite good. Granted, I can't do side by side comparison, as there is a reboot in between, but these were my initial thoughts. If I could get rid of the pixelization I would still consider it flawless.

Thread Information